Megapihar

Nov 2, 2019
I'm still a little surprised Whitney gets so much hate here since their design is like several very popular tropes, especially within the demographic that would enjoy playing this game.
Popular tropes like what? Bully who is raping us, beating us, humiliating us, blackmailing, "selling" us and doing a lot of different bad stuff to us should be considered as a good(or maybe enjoyable) person in our POV?

Reactions: RayBar and FFFFFACK

Raf-Raf

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 4, 2019
Popular tropes like what? Bully who is raping us, beating us, humiliating us, blackmailing, "selling" us and doing a lot of different bad stuff to us should be considered as a good(or maybe enjoyable) person in our POV?
You'll be surprised on how much people are into getting abused.
It's not my thing and will never by my thing unless I'm doing the abusing on Sh-tney but I know there's so many of 'em, just one look at the subreddit is enough~~~

Megapihar

Nov 2, 2019
You'll be surprised on how much people are into getting abused.
It's not my thing and will never by my thing unless I'm doing the abusing on Sh-tney but I know there's so many of 'em, just one look at the subreddit is enough~~~
Well, i think there are people who like such things but usually in this thread i saw comments about how it sucks to be abused by literally everyone/everything and how good it be if we would get more defiant options and plenty of them regarding Whitney( even some about putting them into submission and alike).
So, i'm not surprised that a lot of people hate them.

Raf-Raf

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 4, 2019
Well, i think there are people who like such things but usually in this thread i saw comments about how it sucks to be abused by literally everyone/everything and how good it be if we would get more defiant options and plenty of them regarding Whitney( even some about putting them into submission and alike).
Think it's more of the sub enjoyers than me who prefers top.
I'll never get the appeal of being sub or being used / abused in the first place but they do they and me do me.

ViviX12

Engaged Member
Jan 5, 2019
People express being unhappy about something a whole lot more than being happy about something.

Reactions: Teize

RiloLaki

May 16, 2022
People express being unhappy about something a whole lot more than being happy about something.
Well, yeah. When you're happy with something you're busy enjoying it, and no-one hears from you. When unhappy, not only are you not enjoying that something but you tend to spend that time which would otherwise go into enjoying that something to bitching to hell & high water about how God-awful that something is instead.

Especially if there's a sense of being "cheated" in some way - the something was advertised as one thing but turned-out to something completely different; the something is sold at full price but is released in a barely-functional state; you install an update for the something you're enjoying only for the update to either break it or censor it for no reason at all; the new something is of severe lower quality to past somethings under the same name...the reasons go on-and-on.

Reactions: FFFFFACK
Jul 1, 2019
I appreciate the answers. Obviously talking strictly fictional characters (since god help me I've had to clarify that before), but tropes being like... bully with a secret soft side, person being "defensive" of you, being kind of of a power figure in that particular hierarchy, troubled blond bad boy/girl, etc. Bad guys can be hot when they aren't real and you can control the situation. It's all over fanfiction and romance novels.

Plus considering the amount of people that unironically sexualized Onceler, I'd say people are desperate for villains lol.

Reactions: Megapihar

chichong

May 7, 2020
Before everything else I'd like to state that I dislike Shi-tney so much that I modified his kidnapping scene to have him killed. (Yeah, I know he's actually in Underground, but I wanted him go away with a bang. Well, more like a squash, because the scene was similar with the curb scene in American History X).

That being said, I believe is a bit hypocritical to hate him that much just because he's a bully. I mean, look what you are doing yourself with the PC. Shi-tney scenes are quite lite compared to that, seriously.

I know we don't judge fetishes here, but really: becoming a cow, sexing dogs and bulls and pigs, voluntary prostitution, self imprisonment, romancing birds and wolves, self degradation ... vs public humiliation & pimping. What weights more in your eyes?

"But I chose to do it, is not forced upon me by some asshole". And that makes it way better, right? RIGHT?

Raf-Raf

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 4, 2019
Before everything else I'd like to state that I dislike Shi-tney so much that I modified his kidnapping scene to have him killed. (Yeah, I know he's actually in Underground, but I wanted him go away with a bang. Well, more like a squash, because the scene was similar with the curb scene in American History X).

That being said, I believe is a bit hypocritical to hate him that much just because he's a bully. I mean, look what you are doing yourself with the PC. Shi-tney scenes are quite lite compared to that, seriously.

I know we don't judge fetishes here, but really: becoming a cow, sexing dogs and bulls and pigs, voluntary prostitution, self imprisonment, romancing birds and wolves, self degradation ... vs public humiliation & pimping. What weights more in your eyes?

"But I chose to do it, is not forced upon me by some asshole". And that makes it way better, right? RIGHT?
Would've made the kidnapping scene even more terrifying if you modify the van from the U.Brothel to literal organ traders.
With them as the, let's just say donor.

Jul 1, 2019
[...] That being said, I believe is a bit hypocritical to hate him that much just because he's a bully. I mean, look what you are doing yourself with the PC. Shi-tney scenes are quite lite compared to that, seriously. [...]
Yeah! That was more what I was thinking with my question. Plus, why vocally hate instead of choosing the funniest and objectively correct option of making petty game mods. Those have been the highlights of browsing BG3 mods tbh.

I'm not sure I see that much since Whitney needs 100 dominance to really get the love flowing, and ya gotta get through lots of shit in most the events with Whitney
Huh, I could've sworn that I saw scenes with them at low dom. Maybe I glitched into them by messing with code so much while playing around with the bratty/meek stuff. Lucky me, I guess.

LandBeach

Jun 3, 2019
Yeah! That was more what I was thinking with my question. Plus, why vocally hate instead of choosing the funniest and objectively correct option of making petty game mods. Those have been the highlights of browsing BG3 mods tbh.

Huh, I could've sworn that I saw scenes with them at low dom. Maybe I glitched into them by messing with code so much while playing around with the bratty/meek stuff. Lucky me, I guess.
I think you can always get love at the park as long as it's raining

closetclopper

Dec 23, 2018
As one of the quiet Whitney fans who enjoy the abuse, I thought I should speak up in his/her favor. I'm not sure if Whitney's my favorite love interest, but I definitely hope for more content featuring them, if only because school takes up a significant amount of our in-game time, so it's probably the best place to have more stuff added, IMO. Personally I'd probably enjoy a massive expansion of Leighton stuff more, with the principal forcing us into all sorts of depravity, but that'd almost certainly run afoul of you non-subby types who - for some bizarre reason I'll never be able to comprehend - want to have, ugh, agency and choice in what lewd stuff happens to you.

Actually, that hits on my main problem with Whitney's stuff - that you need to have high levels of lewd stats to pursue a proper romance with them. I wanna be a wholesome, pure, innocent cinnamon bun who gets forced into perverse stuff, whereas Whitney's current content requires me to be an increasingly enthusiastic participant. This isn't really bad, but it doesn't quite scratch my particular kink itches.

That's true of most of the love interests, actually - Eden and Kylar share the problem that they both end up genuinely caring about my character, even if it's in a messed up and possessive way, and thus can't be as cruel as I'd prefer. Avery is kind, courteous, and even romantic as long as I do what they tell me to, and even pays me! Blech! I don't want a partner who considers me valuable! Robin and Sydney are both cool in their own way, but in the former's case I want them to be corrupted along side me, and in the latter's case I don't wanna be the one doing the corrupting. The animals are great, but their content is also kinda necessarily limited. I haven't actually done much with Alex, because from everything I've read the farm is basically just an enormous, endless black hole of time and money.

The ultimate irony of DoL's love interests is that the game is probably the closest a game can get to perfectly hitting on my particular, subby kinks, but every major, developed character I can have complex interactions with has just enough redeeming qualities or gives just enough agency to me in the relationship that I genuinely prefer the company of the randomly-generated rapists, because at least they're willing to take what they want from me regardless of my preferences/choices. TLDR: thank you for a fantastic game, devs, but gimme unapologetically and uncompromisingly scummy Ugly Bastard romantic partner!

ViviX12

Engaged Member
Jan 5, 2019
I like Whitney mostly for the dom scenes, not necessarily the whoring out scenes. I'm the type that sometimes likes to have things done to them instead of doing the things.
Also rly enjoyed the footjob scene, the game rly lacks npc to pc foot content.

Reactions: SerHawkes

Xerneas

Apr 27, 2017
I'm a fan of Whitney for the hidden soft side they display at high love (and the domination of course). It's small things, like standing close to you with the umbrella in the rain, stopping themselves before asking if you "kiss your mother with that mouth" and how some of the treatment turns a lot more gentle, like the noogie that turns into gently stroking your hair partway through.
I do prefer a more innocent PC as well, so the grind is awful. It's really just the park when raining and the occasional headpat event at school. Maybe there should be a feat for the love interests at school? Probably locked behind the virginity feats? I might mod that

Last edited:

Dr_Kek

Oct 15, 2020
how is this game going in 2023? its still in dev? i remember liking this one, probably the best html game out there xd

also, anyone know a mod that change the character looks? i was never a fan of the chiibi kind of looks the char had xd

Penitensary

May 10, 2020
That is possible, and there are some variations (Whitney listening to you when you intervene as he's about to bully someone), but you need to up dominance to even get the +Love events going so it's unlikely to be a main focus on the relationship with him.

Reactions: gardenhideaway

boobmanlord

Aug 13, 2017
Been seeing a lot of modded character viewers which looks great. offers it all set to go at the click of a drop down menu but only if you play online. So... wanting to edit the code means downloading the game and applying the mods yourself. Okay, sure, I'm in the modding discord so it should be a breeze. There's like 20 pins for all modding channels. How the fuck does one start modding. It's a mess to figure out... Their discord is so disorganized I'm amazed people figure out how to mod or my ADD is real bad.

4.50 star(s) 185 Votes