madchef

Jan 10, 2020
Not sure why you are so against the idea of changing the character during the game.
On other had, I am not sure why you insist on being able to achieve everything the game has to offer in one playthrough. ;)

It's plain obvious that some of the trophies are rewards exactly for playing the game again from Day 1. And the presence of trophies rewarding opposite, alternative styles of play also are there to suggest that there is more than one way to play the game. Which is not equivalent to playing all the different styles in one playthrough. For me, it would greatly depreciate any planning, strategizing or even fetishizing in this game if you could be a character that is an obedient pet one month, then a rebel without a cause the other; the most popular classmate and a hopeless loser in one. And the reasons behind that would be not story-driven (fall from grace, sexual corruption, overcoming obstacles), but trophy hunting. This is like wanting to finish a league season on both top and bottom of the table. Or winning an Oscar and a Razzie the same year, for the same movie.

I guess you may be shying away from starting the game anew because of the sunk costs, meaning you worked so hard to build your PC the way they are at the moment, earned that much £££ and the idea of starting all over with only modest boosts that the feats can be exchanged for is short of demoralizing. Well, I guess this is the price we pay for playing an open-ended game that is still in development. Sooner or later we'll all hit the wall of playability and regardless of how many deliciously perverse and impossible sexual acts we throw our character into, or how many rape assaults we evade, the game will become a chore and you will dread the thought of having to wake up and go to School/Docks/Cafe/Brothel/Flower stand/Temple with no prospect on the horizon of ending it one way or another. That is why I would like to see a main story line (that the player does not need to follow with a walkthrough opened on another tab, but still gives the game its structure and sense of purpose) or at least a time limit. I haven't gotten to Xmas yet and feel slightly burnt out already. Nothing, except the achievement hunger and gamer's curiosity incentivizes me to do anything other than what I was doing yesterday and the day before yesterday and the day before that... Hanging around just to trigger Whitney and earn 'Giddy Up' medal is exactly what I am talking about. The event is just there for the player to 'discover' but what sense of achievement is there in that? And how does it move the game forward? Besides yet another shiny disk in your collection and a couple of VrelCoins, how is the PC better or worse off for it?

It's not that I am against the idea of change, because I'm far from it. It's that I find, not just in this game but a lot of games of this generation, that change and customization comes all too easy and it feels like a lot of games, maybe even majority of them are built around the idea of change/customization and not much else. If you look closely, perhaps you'll notice that the main theme in virtually every game bar a few on this site is transformation, be it gender change or magical shape shifting or mind-breaking/corruption. Basically: grind to improve stats, unlock places and items, earn money to get items, equip with items and sit back and enjoy as character changes from pure to debauched, male to female, blond to redhead, human to cat, flat-chested to milk cow, nerdy loser to ripped pickup artist, shy peeping Tom to literal mother-fucker... I don't know, maybe I'm exaggerating, but the role-play game model of stats, items and level ups seems to prevail. (Either this or a virtual novel, which is not a game really, but a comic book with mouse clicks instead of page flipping). Which is fine, as long as there is a challenge and purpose in it and a game does not turn into a dress up party.

May 18, 2019
On other had, I am not sure why you insist on being able to achieve everything the game has to offer in one playthrough. ;)

It's plain obvious that some of the trophies are rewards exactly for playing the game again from Day 1. And the presence of trophies rewarding opposite, alternative styles of play also are there to suggest that there is more than one way to play the game. Which is not equivalent to playing all the different styles in one playthrough. For me, it would greatly depreciate any planning, strategizing or even fetishizing in this game if you could be a character that is an obedient pet one month, then a rebel without a cause the other; the most popular classmate and a hopeless loser in one. And the reasons behind that would be not story-driven (fall from grace, sexual corruption, overcoming obstacles), but trophy hunting. This is like wanting to finish a league season on both top and bottom of the table. Or winning an Oscar and a Razzie the same year, for the same movie.

I guess you may be shying away from starting the game anew because of the sunk costs, meaning you worked so hard to build your PC the way they are at the moment, earned that much £££ and the idea of starting all over with only modest boosts that the feats can be exchanged for is short of demoralizing. Well, I guess this is the price we pay for playing an open-ended game that is still in development. Sooner or later we'll all hit the wall of playability and regardless of how many deliciously perverse and impossible sexual acts we throw our character into, or how many rape assaults we evade, the game will become a chore and you will dread the thought of having to wake up and go to School/Docks/Cafe/Brothel/Flower stand/Temple with no prospect on the horizon of ending it one way or another. That is why I would like to see a main story line (that the player does not need to follow with a walkthrough opened on another tab, but still gives the game its structure and sense of purpose) or at least a time limit. I haven't gotten to Xmas yet and feel slightly burnt out already. Nothing, except the achievement hunger and gamer's curiosity incentivizes me to do anything other than what I was doing yesterday and the day before yesterday and the day before that... Hanging around just to trigger Whitney and earn 'Giddy Up' medal is exactly what I am talking about. The event is just there for the player to 'discover' but what sense of achievement is there in that? And how does it move the game forward? Besides yet another shiny disk in your collection and a couple of VrelCoins, how is the PC better or worse off for it?

It's not that I am against the idea of change, because I'm far from it. It's that I find, not just in this game but a lot of games of this generation, that change and customization comes all too easy and it feels like a lot of games, maybe even majority of them are built around the idea of change/customization and not much else. If you look closely, perhaps you'll notice that the main theme in virtually every game bar a few on this site is transformation, be it gender change or magical shape shifting or mind-breaking/corruption. Basically: grind to improve stats, unlock places and items, earn money to get items, equip with items and sit back and enjoy as character changes from pure to debauched, male to female, blond to redhead, human to cat, flat-chested to milk cow, nerdy loser to ripped pickup artist, shy peeping Tom to literal mother-fucker... I don't know, maybe I'm exaggerating, but the role-play game model of stats, items and level ups seems to prevail. (Either this or a virtual novel, which is not a game really, but a comic book with mouse clicks instead of page flipping). Which is fine, as long as there is a challenge and purpose in it and a game does not turn into a dress up party.
I hear ya. I never meant to hold prolonged arguments, because neither of us is ultimately right or wrong, so let's just agree to disagree. In the end, it's up to the devs to decide which direction the game will follow, so let's just wait and see what Vrel and co. have in store for the future updates. It won't be the end of the world for me if Vrel comes out and declares that he (I believe they are a he, right?) doesn't want any of this gender-bending and virginity-restoring shit in the game, and, likewise, I don't think you'd start having a worse opinion on the game if they decided that this stuff should be included.

Reactions: Midge
Oct 17, 2018
I can die happy if there's a good beast overhaul with pregnancy. The swarm needs to be redone. Instead of... balls? I would love for an actual representation of being swarmed, infested, and used as a walking incubator.

BeholdTheWizzard

Oct 25, 2017
Hmm..... am I miss-remembering something or did the update change someting?

I seem to recall NPC's being able to be futa/herm, but now it seem that is not the case. It's like they all lost their vagina or the AI simply never uses it (female + penis).

Also, it seems impossible to train breast/chest use, since even with max perversion the option to use it practically never pop up.

BeholdTheWizzard

Oct 25, 2017
game would've been better if we can do the raping ourselves instead of just being the rape victim, becuz you can't really do anything without being raped by some random shit
I hate it how can can never do more dominant stuff yourself, even when you totally could. Best example would be pillory at night. The victim is restrained, even if you were the weakest of waifs you should be able to do it.

That's been discussed numerous times before to death by now and it usually boils down to that missing the point of the game in the first place, which is that you are not the perpetrator.
It was a shit answer before and it remins a shit answer. A "simulator" game with choices that blocks sensible choices is neither a simulator nor a choice game. Also, I can understand it against random NPCs, but you can't be dominant even with your own LOVERS.

crash.7ds

Nov 18, 2018
It was a shit answer before and it remins a shit answer.
Shit answer or not, it's the intended theme of the game. Don't get mad at me just because you don't like or agree with the I answered I gave. The developer already added ways for the player to go looking for sexual encounters and plans to add more ways to take the lead in more consensual interactions with a few named NPC's, but the general focus is that the player isn't a sex-crazed rapist out to fuck anything that moves. Rather the rest of the town is and you're stuck in it. Core to the game's design is you balancing mental and physical effects from being forced into most of these encounters and whether you should resist them or willingly submit to them.

Also, futa NPC's are the result of errors. Right now the player is the only entity that can legitimately have both male and female reproductive organs. Anything else is likely a bug.

May 18, 2019
I seem to recall NPC's being able to be futa/herm, but now it seem that is not the case. It's like they all lost their vagina or the AI simply never uses it (female + penis).
I have been following this game since late March, and there have never been herm NPCs. The MC could become one due to bugs, but it has never been a full-fledged feature up until recently. You could set a percentage of women with penises and men with vaginas in the settings, and you still can. Have a better look at that tab, either at the beginning of the game or while in your room.
Also, it seems impossible to train breast/chest use, since even with max perversion the option to use it practically never pop up.
It is very much possible, you just need to know how to initiate boobjobs. To initiate it, you need to prepare to give a blowjob, but then back off and pull away, so 'Grab between breasts' option will appear. It is easier to perform if you have bigger breasts but not entirely impossible even for flat-chested characters.
I hate it how can can never do more dominant stuff yourself, even when you totally could. Best example would be pillory at night. The victim is restrained, even if you were the weakest of waifs you should be able to do it.
Once again, it is your personal quirk. Not everyone, including the devs, want this game to turn into a text-based Rapelay. I believe the devs are going to give the players more opportunities to act assertive once they overhaul the current combat system. Mind that being assertive does not equal being a rapist. Being assertive means the ability to make sex scenes go the way you want, like asking to suck you off, kiss you, penetrate either your vag or ass, or whatnot. The point of this game is to survive, not to join the sex-crazed population. This is the same reason we, most likely, won't see other weapons besides pepper sprays.
It was a shit answer before and it remins a shit answer. A "simulator" game with choices that blocks sensible choices is neither a simulator nor a choice game. Also, I can understand it against random NPCs, but you can't be dominant even with your own LOVERS.
How is it sensible to be able to rape others given that the character has a backstory that does not show them as being so evil that they may end up raping people left and right? This is a game about a vulnerable orphan who is is trying to survive in a hostile enviroment, who is willing to help fellow orphans and find a way to stop Bailey's tyrany for the sake of the MC themselves and others. How does raping matches with any of this obvious story points? The MC is going to rape Beiley to death? Or assemble a gang of fellow rapists to terrorize the town? This is a different kind of story. Full stop.

ladguru

Oct 18, 2018
Also, futa NPC's are the result of errors. Right now the player is the only entity that can legitimately have both male and female reproductive organs. Anything else is likely a bug.
Just recently, when reading Ye Olde Book, my futa-MC met a futa-Raúl!
This did not seem like a bug to me, but rather deliberate!?

(BTW: Being able to steal from Raúl definitely is a bug)

BeholdTheWizzard

Oct 25, 2017
but the general focus is that the player isn't a sex-crazed rapist out to fuck anything that moves.
So? How does that clash with being able to ask your lover to do stuff or taking a more dominant role?
That's not caled being a sex-srazed rapist, it's being normal.

So basically any "female" with a penis that appears in the game is not actually a female, but trans?
Ugh..way to kill my boner. Another reason to deduct points from this game.

BeholdTheWizzard

Oct 25, 2017
Once again, it is your personal quirk. Not everyone, including the devs, want this game to turn into a text-based Rapelay. I believe the devs are going to give the players more opportunities to act assertive once they overhaul the current combat system. Mind that being assertive does not equal being a rapist. Being assertive means the ability to make sex scenes go the way you want, like asking to suck you off, kiss you, penetrate either your vag or ass, or whatnot. The point of this game is to survive, not to join the sex-crazed population. This is the same reason we, most likely, won't see other weapons besides pepper sprays.
For the love of God Allmighty, stop with the stupd strawmen.
Ever single time is brought up, every time the same barrage of BS form peopel who do not read, do not care to read and project thier own extreme worst-case scenarios.
Where the hell do you get this rape-obsession or ideas with forming gangs?
"I'd like for PC to have more dominant options...maby be able to aks our lover to do certain things."
"Aaahh! Heresy! Why do you want to be megachad thundercock that conquers the town and rapes everyone!?!?" - that is you. literally.
I won't even bother replaying to anyone that engages in this dishonest BS anymore.

How is it sensible to be able to rape others given that the character has a backstory that does not show them as being so evil that they may end up raping people left and right? This is a game about a vulnerable orphan who is is trying to survive in a hostile enviroment, who is willing to help fellow orphans and find a way to stop Bailey's tyrany for the sake of the MC themselves and others. How does raping matches with any of this obvious story points? The MC is going to rape Beiley to death? Or assemble a gang of fellow rapists to terrorize the town? This is a different kind of story. Full stop.
Yeah, you're an orphan trying to survive...but there are many ways to survive. You do not HAVE to help fellow orphans, nor do you have to stop Baily. You can steal and cheat, or try to work normally. You can escape the town and Baily. Practically everything is optional. The game doesn't hard-lock the MC personality.

Tell me, how does fighting back Whitney and getting rid of her play into this "helpless bottom rapebait" fantasay that so many of you seem to have? Shouldn't it be removed from the game then, since it goes against the theme?
Why even give the player the option to escape the rape at all?
Player should be a constant victim in a never-ending rape-train. Anything else goes against the game idea.

May 18, 2019
"Aaahh! Heresy! Why do you want to be megachad thundercock that conquers the town and rapes everyone!?!?" - that is you. literally.
But at the same time, in your own words:
Best example would be pillory at night. The victim is restrained, even if you were the weakest of waifs you should be able to do it.
You do realize that taking advantage of a tied-up, and most likely unwilling, person is rape? If you don't want people to misunderstand you, then learn to form your thoughts more carefully, so there won't be any room for misunderstanding.
I won't even bother replaying to anyone that engages in this dishonest BS anymore.
Fair enough. I won't be continuing this argument either.

BeholdTheWizzard

Oct 25, 2017
Learn to read.
I was using it as an example of cases where the player - regardless of body type/strength - could get away with it.
This is a lot different from the PC assaulting and beating and raping people in the streets, which is what you imply.
I'm ALSO sure that the person in the pillory doesn't want to be bruised by fruit to the face, or undressed (this coutns as sexual assault) - both of what the PC can already do.
The PC an also already go out and seek sex, so you are drawing lines in some weird places with your "This is how the PC should behave"
How about you let the player decide?
I can already tell the orphans and Robin to f*** off, should that be disallowed too? That doesn't fit with the meek and good orphan image.

anubis1970

Engaged Member
Mar 1, 2018
Learn to read.
I was using it as an example of cases where the player - regardless of body type/strength - could get away with it.
This is a lot different from the PC assaulting and beating and raping people in the streets, which is what you imply.
I'm ALSO sure that the person in the pillory doesn't want to be bruised by fruit to the face, or undressed (this coutns as sexual assault) - both of what the PC can already do.
The PC an also already go out and seek sex, so you are drawing lines in some weird places with your "This is how the PC should behave"
How about you let the player decide?
I can already tell the orphans and Robin to f*** off, should that be disallowed too? That doesn't fit with the meek and good orphan image.
If you don't like the way the developer is making their game, my I suggest that you move on to another game that more suits your play style/desires and stop wasting everyone's, including your own, by shit posting here.

MSG64

Oct 15, 2018
Can someone tell me what clothes should i wear to earn big money with dancing ?
I can make at most a few hundreds a day while dancing at the brothel with a S dance skill, and i'm wondering if it's possible to do more or not (i don't take the sex offers, i only dance)

crash.7ds

Nov 18, 2018
So? How does that clash with being able to ask your lover to do stuff or taking a more dominant role?
That's not caled being a sex-srazed rapist, it's being normal.
It doesn't, but the original question by a different poster was literally a question on why the player can't be the rapist rather than be the rape victim. That's what I was addressing. I even said later when you asked about this that more ways for the player to be more actively dominant and forward with at least named NPC's was being added in, but going as far as turning the player into the rapist role contradicted the game's intended design.

To be as clear as possible, what I you are specifically asking about (not to be confused with being able to run around the town raping everyone else) is already on the table and even confirmed by the dev as planned. The whole "running around raping everyone else" idea is not. I apologize of this got off on the wrong track, but hopefully that clears this up.

Midge

Nov 21, 2019
Can someone tell me what clothes should i wear to earn big money with dancing ?
I can make at most a few hundreds a day while dancing at the brothel with a S dance skill, and i'm wondering if it's possible to do more or not (i don't take the sex offers, i only dance)
I think Math helps get you more tips, and wear 4 pieces of cloathing(top, bottem, bra, undies) if your not already. you can try the cat set(bra panties) but if you do a stage show for briar you get access to the dancers gear at the forest shop. Just go to the store and get the things like bangles that add towards tips in their descriptions. Then take off each piece and do the "cool" or "normal" dance that doesn't add to exhibition/excitement then milk them untill they are red and you should be getting hundreds per dance.

Reactions: Furabia and ladguru

ladguru

Oct 18, 2018
I think Math helps get you more tips, and wear 4 pieces of cloathing(top, bottem, bra, undies) if your not already. you can try the cat set(bra panties) but if you do a stage show for briar you get access to the dancers gear at the forest shop. Just go to the store and get the things like bangles that add towards tips in their descriptions. Then take off each piece and do the "cool" or "normal" dance that doesn't add to exhibition/excitement then milk them untill they are red and you should be getting hundreds per dance.
Wearing heels also helps a lot. Both for attracting audience and for raising the tips.
Platform heels and stripper heels have the highest effect.
Of course a leg-skill of pretty close to "S" is needed. Otherwise the outcome can or will be unpleasant. (The dance studio offers courses!)

4.50 star(s) 187 Votes