ladguru

Oct 18, 2018
I hope they do sort the balancing issues with jobs out, really all the high paying stuff for someone who has no skills should be highly risky, but as it is now there's no reason not to make cream buns.
Oh, shut off!
Your are now officially the absolute hero, who broke game without actually playing the game.
Yeah, you broke the game, congratulations, but you will never see any of its contents.
Are you happy now?

Actually you did not break the game. You only found the most dissatisfactifiing way to play it. And now you blame everybody else.
Oh shut off!

EmDotRand

Sep 7, 2020
I hope they do sort the balancing issues with jobs out, really all the high paying stuff for someone who has no skills should be highly risky, but as it is now there's no reason not to make cream buns.
To this day I have never made a single cream bun because Sam never looks in my direction no mater how many customers I satisfy. That's why I grind out hand skill by handing attackers, massage people for cash, and use the rest of my time finding artifacts and lewding Sydney.

Reactions: Boav_Rum

Catnatic

Nov 25, 2021
Why does it needs to be "school" anyway? I think "University" sounds better. Just like the "orphanage" - it would be better to completely rename it to "dormitory" and "orphans" to "refugees". Bailey might just send away disobedient ones, back to France or something.
Given that the game is moving away from its questionable origins, they might as well embrace that new narrative.
I think I like the idea of that better where the PC is renting for their accommodation to study which is a trap set up by Bailey who has deviant plans for those who couldn't pay up and has no interest in simply evicting them, as opposed to the PC being supposedly a young adult still living in an orphanage and having to pay off their arbitrary debt to Bailey.

Last edited:

Ayymao

May 1, 2021
Oh, shut off!
Your are now officially the absolute hero, who broke game without actually playing the game.
Yeah, you broke the game, congratulations, but you will never see any of its contents.
Are you happy now?

Actually you did not break the game. You only found the most dissatisfactifiing way to play it. And now you blame everybody else.
Oh shut off!
Have you heard of the thing called "game design" that exists to force people to play the game in the most satisfying way? Now you have.

Reactions: erg1986

sparrow_rose

May 5, 2018
You know, for all the dark, submissive, rape, festival that this game is, I'm surprised there's not a Master character. You know, an NPC that wants the MC to be their slave. We've got a sugar parent (Avery), the childhood friend turned lover archetype (Robin), the kidnapper who'd probably also be a serial killer in an even darker game (Eden), the obsessive yandere (Kylar), the sweet but corruptable religious person (Sydney), the doctor with nefarious intentions (Harper), but quite surprisingly no Master.

I'm also surprised that none of these teachers are a love interest. You'd think at least one of them would be someone who'd break the rules and date a student. Especially in this game's messed up town.

If it were up to me to possibly pick a Master character... maybe Winter? I swear they scream closet pervert. Why do they even have a chasity cage? And some of the classroom and museum stuff is super sus. They could double as a teacher love interest. Though, if we were going for a more loveable teacher romance... Mason. Definitely Mason. Mason fits the shy, wholesome, jock archtype, basically a retriever. And if they ain't a virgin I'd be shocked. Also, based on the content available with Mason... I feel like they're supposed to be a love interest anyways? Maybe unfinished.

Last edited:
Aug 22, 2021
It seems that somewhere in the recent builds my older save files got re-interpreted. I had several save files set right before certain randomized encounters, and those events no longer load or trigger the same way (for example, getting attacked by a bear in the forest). I suspect the update to the rng to fix the blackjack metagame is responsible, but I thought I would put it out there in case it was unintentional.

Completely unrelated, does anyone know how to actually save the settings made in the game's "options" tab (graphics, autosaves, etc)? They apply just fine, but as soon as I load a save they reset to defaults regardless of what they were when I made the save...

Raf-Raf

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 4, 2019
It seems that somewhere in the recent builds my older save files got re-interpreted. I had several save files set right before certain randomized encounters, and those events no longer load or trigger the same way (for example, getting attacked by a bear in the forest). I suspect the update to the rng to fix the blackjack metagame is responsible, but I thought I would put it out there in case it was unintentional.

Completely unrelated, does anyone know how to actually save the settings made in the game's "options" tab (graphics, autosaves, etc)? They apply just fine, but as soon as I load a save they reset to defaults regardless of what they were when I made the save...
Each save has a separate settings saved sadly so you'll have to redo each.
The bear encounter is still there, it's just that RNG is a pain.

whitecode

Nov 1, 2017
Why does it needs to be "school" anyway? I think "University" sounds better. Just like the "orphanage" - it would be better to completely rename it to "dormitory" and "orphans" to "refugees". Bailey might just send away disobedient ones, back to France or something.
Lets be honest here, does our MC look remotely close to 18yr?

RyanCrossby

Jan 13, 2018
Regarding school, I think the content we have right now is good, it just lack some variety. Every day feels same-y and, since we are "forced" to spent six hours there every day for three months at a time, it becomes repetitive pretty quickly. It also leaves little time for other more interesting things to do..

Here are my suggestions:
  • Reduce the number of subjects per day and rotate the schedule each day of the week. This way, each day would be different and skipping a school day would have different consequences
    • Having the option to personalize the schedule, with optional subjects to choose from would be cool, but perhaps a bit out of scope
  • Make less, longer actions per subject, eg: from 3 actions x 0:20 to 2x0:30. This would alleviate a bit the 1-spam fest we have right now
  • Since we would have more free time in the afternoon, I'd add optional homework to do every day. This would give the player more flexibility, as it could choose to ignore homework altogether or focus on a single subject or do each subject homework and try to become a school genius; there should be ideally no best choice, only different play styles
  • Introduce more subjects, this never hurts variety, but I can only imagine the amount of work needed for each ^^'

Reactions: tester72

MasterN64

Apr 29, 2020
Honestly just having an option to pay or "pay" to not have your attendance taken would be a pretty decent idea. Its not like its hard to avoid the cops anyway after you get the means to lower crime stats.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: atur

Settum

Jan 10, 2019
Since you can specify body type from tiny to large but the pixel representation doesn't change, it's a bit difficult to determine or even start talking about age.

May 29, 2022
Since you can specify body type from tiny to large but the pixel representation doesn't change, it's a bit difficult to determine or even start talking about age.
Ahhh feck it. Now that I've thought about posting this shit I just have to post this shit.

Since you can specify having a pp or puss but women are on average smaller than men and the pixel representation doesn't change, it's a bit difficult to determine or even start talking about sex.

Raf-Raf

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 4, 2019
Just think of MC as an adult that has baby face like Uzaki :LOL:
(Note: Real people can have baby face. Dude I know over 25 looking like he's still in the middle of highschool years. He can barely grow facial hair.)
View attachment 2581185 View attachment 2581197
You can kinda look like her if playing fem character that got large breasts. :unsure:
Why do I hear her annoying-a$$ laugh.

• Haha
Reactions: Nonyatool

Amhran

Mar 22, 2022
Girls start puberty a few years earlier than boys do. IIRC, they're actually taller and stronger on average than boys from ages 11-14ish (though there will be outliers in both directions). I think it's about 14 that it flips, and the disparity obviously only continues to grow thereafter. But specific to DoL, I think it's more intended to be just the kind of equality you find in most games - disadvantaging one side based purely on the sex of the player character feels kind of mean for what's supposed to be fictional entertainment, even if said disadvantage were perfectly rooted in reality. I think giving the player the option to choose the size they want to be regardless of sex is pretty much the way to go, which is already the case. It's probably not ever going to affect the player graphics because it's already too difficult to keep up with the graphics as it is, but that's something else entirely.

Last edited:

shade555

Jan 28, 2021
disadvantaging one side based purely on the sex of the player character feels kind of mean for what's supposed to be fictional entertainment, even if said disadvantage were perfectly rooted in reality
Arcanum would've liked to have a worLd with you...
A solid RPG introduces limitations of your class, race or gender that you have to play around. That's completely normal.

Samuel Hidayat

May 16, 2019
Is it just me, or finding a single mushroom feels impossible now? Is it locked behind a specific Science and/or Tending grade, or am I just searching at the wrong part of the forest? I've been foloowing what the wiki said:
They are scattered deep within the Forest, but fairly close to the Town. The player will randomly come across one at each interval, in which they can choose to eat them or leave them alone, but there is a third option to take it for their own project. To remain safe, stay near the entrance of the Forest, up to about the Forest Lake.

For wolfshrooms, however, the player will need to search deeper. Beyond the Lake and near the is where wolfshrooms are typically found, where wildlife flourishes without human intervention. It is only deep within the Forest that wolfshrooms appear to the player.
Yet I can't still find a single normal mushroom. Do I have to find the wolfshroom first or something?

Last edited:

EmDotRand

Sep 7, 2020
Is it just me, or finding a single mushroom feels impossible now? Is it locked behind a specific Science and/or Tending grade, or am I just searching at the wrong part of the forest?
Probably just RNG. Meanwhile I'm trying to find an arrowhead to complete the museum collection and I keep finding honey instead.

4.50 star(s) 194 Votes