usrblah

Jun 24, 2022
...and I'm done. Wasn't really much more in this. +20 or so quick character introductions who's names I can't remember, with the promise that there will be totally content for all of them. In 10 years. Maybe. The usual "patreon"-spiel. I know. I know. It's convenient, and people seem to suck it up. It still sucks balls, and begs the question if you guys can't at least find a better format/structure to release your games that never will be finished. Breath-first is absolute trash and unsatisfying, but sure, you get to introduce many different characters early on, something for everyone! Yeah, yeah. Still sucks. Why not go depth-first. Maybe try to come up with more of an episodic format?

Anyways, the gameloop is virtually nonexistent. Which is pretty bad, and begs the question why this isn't simply a linear, visual story. There's nothing else driving anything. I assumed the school would be the basis for a daily loop, but you go there once, a single fucking time, and that's it. School's out for summer. The only thing resembling something like a gameloop is how to make money. Needles to say, that it's just some minigame crap that mostly sucks for it's just mindless clicking. Might as well just open up the save game and cheat in some money. Way more fun. Not even kidding.

Look, I do like the art (for the most part; no fan of the goofy/comedic faces some characters pull when they should be looking sexy instead). The Leslie scenes and slow buildup, that works. That's good visual novel stuff. It's just that the "game" tries to be something it totally is not. I wish you guys the best, and maybe, just maybe, the soon to be hired programmer joining the team will be able to set things a bit more straight. Not just the fundamentals of GUI design which my first post in here focused on, but a proper game loop that justifies the whole fucking setup. And maybe even some fun game ideas. Otherwise my suggestion would be to rather stick to the format of a visual novel, which would allow you to pump out your story you wanna tell way faster, with more boobies, and ass, and less bugs, and less smokes and mirrors, and all the shit you no longer would have to care about. No hard feelings; my intention isn't to take a crap on your game, I just think you're doing yourself (and anyone who would like to play something like this) a disservice. Realistically, just how long do you wanna keep working on this game? A few more updates? Years to come? Don't get me wrong, who doesn't like to make his own lewd totally open world sex simulator game with the biggest tits and asses of ALL the girls, maybe ever? But sometimes, maybe, some more focus would work better..

Scope is key. Or at least structure, if you still aim for the whole fucking world: start out your game with the player pretty much restricted to the family, Leslie in particular. You're doing that anyways, a bit, to have your cake and eat it too. But it just renders everyone else in the game as a cheap throw-away character (plenty of mom scenes, yet you're still just jizzing on her lovely tits, meanwhile you get to fuck everyone else already just after a short introduction scene and then that's it for this update; throw away trash characters - in comparison to Leslie). So you restrict the player to his home and maybe open up a few more places to go to. Tell your mom story, or at least a major part of it already, a complete act. There's the dad cucking thing going on, and sister maybe. That way I might even have a chance to remember the character's names.
Then, for a next update, you can open up the game world more and more, by introducing more places and characters that each come with their own completed little arcs. Maybe there is more for some later, maybe not. It's fine. Ideally they leave behind repeatable content (in a sensible, non-lazy way; half the repeatable scenes existing so far don't even make sense, e.g. the measuring tape again huge boobs lady, or the mexican phone switcheroo again thing. the fuck.). Introducing something like the school with lots of new characters should be well prepared and thought through too, in particular how it will affect the main gameloop. You see, by opening up piece by piece, you at least get the chance to mix it up a little with the main gameloop. Did you ever count all the open strings after this update? There are so many already, and nothing really happened with any of them. So much for this update. With +20 characters that had barely anything going on, I don't even remember their names. It's maddening. The rich girl I know from back then, the huge tits lady, the other huge tits lady with the experimental tits over at the hospital, all the teachers and their problems and how I'm going to save the day for them, the church I can visit once and it's already over again, the lewd nerd from dungeons and dragons, the aunt/cousin thing, the mexicans, the fast girl in the park that made me go buy a cam, but doesn't register, dumb bitch... all these characters (and many more) should not have been introduced yet. It's madness. Realistically speaking, how many updates and years will it take to have at least a bunch of scenes for all of them? Just how long do you wanna keep working on this? I know, I repeat myself, but holy shit, people tend to like to do something else after a while, start something new, and fresh. Maybe even complete something, one shiny day. Imagine.

Scope, focus, structure. Solid, fun updates that don't leave your game behind in a sad state of affairs indefinitely and forever. Why does it always have to be the whole world, and all the characters and even more characters - with barely any content? Quality > Quantity. Depth > Breadth. MORE LESLIE. OR FUCKING ELSE. Every single time.

But hey, who am I to tell you how to roll your business? Certainly not your mom. Have fun, and all the best. I will probably come back some time, and check it out again, in 10 years. :whistle:
Your posts are infuriating to read. Just seems like constant stream of thought rather than actual constructive criticism or ideas. Ugh.

secret_agent

Dec 20, 2019
Will pregnancy, beasty and/or other genre be considered in future at some point or... no chance for fetishists?
Pregnancy yes - that's the demon's deal "breed 30 humans" and there's already an accessible pregnancy ward at the hospital. There's a few things on BM's FAQ (discord) that he won't do.

Breadmans FAQ said:
Q: Is there NTR?

A: No. Never will be, either. This means no Netorare, where someone steals the MCs love interest, Netori - MC stealing other people's girl, will happen.

Q: Is there going to be bestiality/futanari/loli/shota/etc. other kinks?

A: There will never be any bestiality, necro/gor/vore content in game. There will never be any underage content in game. There will be optional futa scenes for a few characters. The primary themes of the game revolve around size fetishes, incest, and harem/corruption.

bexacefidu

Aug 13, 2017
You went to the locations? What locations did you go to?
Just outside the store
Park
University
There's one in one of the upper left screens
There's another in one of the far right screens

If you have the quest- they should all be there.

BreadManGames he'd be away for about a week.

You're the first to mention it here. You might want to share a screenshot of you in the config or a short video of the issue, if you can. Also, listing the specs of your computer might be helpful too.

Are you playing this game from your Steam Library or through the RPG Maker MZ application instead of just using the Game.exe included?
Here are the gifs of it happening. I only installed the " CG Enhancement Mod " but that shouldn't be a problem.
I also always launch the game from Game.exe.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

mynick

Aug 1, 2017
BreadManGames :

First off - great game, many thanks! Personally I find it the most promising one out of what I'm seeing lately.

But, unfortunately, there is a certain "second" that totally spoils it for me by now. I run it on a Mac. And the way you package your PC version leaves me only being able to run the Mac version from the front page. It appears that that one is packed based on njws, and I was able to figure out that the correspondent name in ~/Library/Application\ Support directory is rmmz-game. However neither there nor inside the .app package any save files can be found. When I started v04 I've bitten the bullet and replayed everything. That was kinda OK remembering that I played the previous version a couple of months before that. But within 3 days I've got to v04.1 and now I'd rather not replay it all mechanically for just a few updates. So I start it and once again the Continue option is greyed out:
Screen Shot 2022-07-03 at 5.07.33 PM.png
and no save files to be found in this download. But wait, it gets worse. Your PC package does contain a save folder with the following files there:
  • config.rmmzsave
  • file50.rmmzsave
  • global.rmmzsave
- but no matter where I try putting them the game does not see it and keeps greying out the Continue option. So any help with that will be greatly appreciated.

secret_agent

Dec 20, 2019
BreadManGames :

First off - great game, many thanks! Personally I find it the most promising one out of what I'm seeing lately.

But, unfortunately, there is a certain "second" that totally spoils it for me by now. I run it on a Mac. And the way you package your PC version leaves me only being able to run the Mac version from the front page. It appears that that one is packed based on njws, and I was able to figure out that the correspondent name in ~/Library/Application\ Support directory is rmmz-game. However neither there nor inside the .app package any save files can be found. When I started v04 I've bitten the bullet and replayed everything. That was kinda OK remembering that I played the previous version a couple of months before that. But within 3 days I've got to v04.1 and now I'd rather not replay it all mechanically for just a few updates. So I start it and once again the Continue option is greyed out:
View attachment 1905422
and no save files to be found in this download. But wait, it gets worse. Your PC package does contain a save folder with the following files there:
  • config.rmmzsave
  • file50.rmmzsave
  • global.rmmzsave
- but no matter where I try putting them the game does not see it and keeps greying out the Continue option. So any help with that will be greatly appreciated.
Just note that 0.04.0 was a leaked beta version and not intended for the public. The official release (0.04.1) was released 5 days after 0.04.0 beta was leaked (and BM said the public release would be 5 days after beta testing started).

In the future when 0.05.0 beta version is leaked, there will be a 0.05.1 official release with bugfixes 5 days later. You should wait until 0.05.1 is released, so you don't need to deal with having two similar versions to migrate your save files (and the official release contains all of the bugfixes beta testers found in the beta version).

As far as Mac goes, you can ask around on the discover server. I think some people are using Macs without problems and there could be some specific steps needed for Macs.

eb426

Feb 5, 2021
A bug where i was getting the Gym class with Cassie before i was asked by mom to go there (i was exploring the map for jobs). So when i went there the second time after the request from mom, i get stuck in the gym with Cassie and buff guy in trail.
I'm stuck in the same spot. Any way to get out, or is my game bricked?

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
Here are the gifs of it happening. I only installed the " CG Enhancement Mod " but that shouldn't be a problem.
I also always launch the game from Game.exe.
GIFs? Ouch. I can't easily pause a GIF easily to see settings, etc. Because it's a GIF and not a video - I can't tell your play speed, but in comparison to your mouse the character movement, dialogue, config menu screen all seem to be running much faster than should be at default settings.

Firstly - Have you edited save or configuration or any other files using an application outside of the game?
Secondly - You are correct the "CG Enhancement Mod" shouldn't be a problem. However, have you loaded a clean install without the mod (backing up your save files from the old install) to confirm that it isn't the problem? That would be the first step in troubleshooting. Always go to the most basic version of the application (preferably a clean install in a different directory).
Thirdly - I see you have modified at least one setting "Battle Animation Speed" from Normal to Faster. Again, that shouldn't be the problem. Nor should changing the speed of text display on the UI screen. However, running from a clean install with default options might give clue.
Fourthly - In your second GIF, the start up splash screen isn't displaying when you start using Game.exe. This is another huge flag. Some have reported this with other RPGM games (and we have seen similar reports of black screens here - but usually on Mac systems). If you have two (or laptop plus one) - have you disabled all but the first to see if you get same issue? Have you tried to enlarge the game window to full screen?
Finally - I don't know how deep into your directories you're playing the game from. Have you tried it from the root directory of the disc (C:\ or D:\) to see if similar problems occur?
A bug where i was getting the Gym class with Cassie before i was asked by mom to go there (i was exploring the map for jobs). So when i went there the second time after the request from mom, i get stuck in the gym with Cassie and buff guy in trail.
I'm stuck in the same spot. Any way to get out, or is my game bricked?
Definitely a bug needing fixed for the Gym quest, I see it too in v0.4.1.

Go to a previous save to prior to your first going into the gym and load it, doing those days over again. If you aren't already doing so - save in a different save slot every time the game opens the save dialogue for you. You don't need to save unless the game prompts you to.

Last edited:

mynick

Aug 1, 2017
Just note that 0.04.0 was a leaked beta version and not intended for the public. The official release (0.04.1) was released 5 days after 0.04.0 beta was leaked (and BM said the public release would be 5 days after beta testing started).

In the future when 0.05.0 beta version is leaked, there will be a 0.05.1 official release with bugfixes 5 days later. You should wait until 0.05.1 is released, so you don't need to deal with having two similar versions to migrate your save files (and the official release contains all of the bugfixes beta testers found in the beta version).

As far as Mac goes, you can ask around on the discover server. I think some people are using Macs without problems and there could be some specific steps needed for Macs.
Thanks for releases details clarification, that does help somewhat, but my main problem is still there: no save files packed with Mac edition and no clear ways of using those from PC edition for Mac. So come v05.1 I'll still have to replay, and I'd love to at least have an option not to.

Any takers on this? (And it is not asked and answered, I went through all the posts, no working Mac save files locations here.)

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
Thanks for releases details clarification, that does help somewhat, but my main problem is still there: no save files packed with Mac edition and no clear ways of using those from PC edition for Mac. So come v05.1 I'll still have to replay, and I'd love to at least have an option not to.

Any takers on this? (And it is not asked and answered, I went through all the posts, no working Mac save files locations here.)
If you have played v0.4.1 - is there a save folder: Game.app/Contents/Resources/app.nw/save ?
If so, could you copy that save folder to newly unzipped instance of the game that you haven't played yet to see if it recognizes the saves you copied over?
If it does, then perhaps someone who uses a Mac could share a zipped version of their save for v0.4.1 that people could then use to start for v0.5.1 (or share it with the developer so that he can include it?).

raz7

Aug 21, 2017
If you have played v0.4.1 - is there a save folder: Game.app/Contents/Resources/app.nw/save ?
If so, could you copy that save folder to newly unzipped instance of the game that you haven't played yet to see if it recognizes the saves you copied over?
If it does, then perhaps someone who uses a Mac could share a zipped version of their save for v0.4.1 that people could then use to start for v0.5.1 (or share it with the developer so that he can include it?).
You are the mvp helping everyone

mynick

Aug 1, 2017
Thanks Count Morado ! your path DD_V04_1_MAC/Game.app/Contents/Resources/app.nw does the trick. I copied the "save" folder from the PC release in there and now I do have the Continue option and File 50 there starts with the end of v03. Now I can replay only what I wanted to and then can save my future last save to await for v05. And if some charitable soul is inclined to upload the "save" folder from their finished v04.1 - that methinks would be fantastic for everyone.

Prime93

Mar 20, 2018
Hey,
I pretty much completed the game the only thing left to do is meet ashley infront of vesper tower, but it wont trigger! Any help?

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
Hey,
I pretty much completed the game the only thing left to do is meet ashley infront of vesper tower, but it wont trigger! Any help?
What do you mean it won't trigger? It's not on your quest log or what?
If it's on your quest log: go to Vesper Heights, she should be standing to the left of the doors. Talk with her.
If it's not on your quest log: have you gone to game night on Friday at your family's home?

1656909393615.png

Reactions: pedrozzza

Prime93

Mar 20, 2018
What do you mean it won't trigger? It's not on your quest log or what?
If it's on your quest log: go to Vesper Heights, she should be standing to the left of the doors. Talk with her.
If it's not on your quest log: have you gone to game night on Friday at your family's home?

View attachment 1905914
Yeah, litteraly the only thing left to do and she isnt their, if it helps, by the time i completed the game night event it was late night in game, i got the message bout the heights the same night, and i have litteraly stood infront of the building skipping by hour and no one their

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
Yeah, litteraly the only thing left to do and she isnt their, if it helps, by the time i completed the game night event it was late night in game, i got the message bout the heights the same night, and i have litteraly stood infront of the building skipping by hour and no one their
You shouldn't get the message about vesper heights on Friday night after the game. Game night starts at 6-8pm, so it ends late for everyone.
Ashley says she'll contact you in a couple of days.

If you walk out of your apartment Sunday to go to church, she'll text/call/whatever it is right as you hit the sidewalk. Otherwise, any day after that, whenever you walk out of your apartment (or walk into it).

Is it actually on your quest log to meet her at Vesper Heights?

EDIT: Added video

Last edited:

bexacefidu

Aug 13, 2017
GIFs? Ouch. I can't easily pause a GIF easily to see settings, etc. Because it's a GIF and not a video - I can't tell your play speed, but in comparison to your mouse the character movement, dialogue, config menu screen all seem to be running much faster than should be at default settings.

Firstly - Have you edited save or configuration or any other files using an application outside of the game?
Secondly - You are correct the "CG Enhancement Mod" shouldn't be a problem. However, have you loaded a clean install without the mod (backing up your save files from the old install) to confirm that it isn't the problem? That would be the first step in troubleshooting. Always go to the most basic version of the application (preferably a clean install in a different directory).
Thirdly - I see you have modified at least one setting "Battle Animation Speed" from Normal to Faster. Again, that shouldn't be the problem. Nor should changing the speed of text display on the UI screen. However, running from a clean install with default options might give clue.
Fourthly - In your second GIF, the start up splash screen isn't displaying when you start using Game.exe. This is another huge flag. Some have reported this with other RPGM games (and we have seen similar reports of black screens here - but usually on Mac systems). If you have two (or laptop plus one) - have you disabled all but the first to see if you get same issue? Have you tried to enlarge the game window to full screen?
Finally - I don't know how deep into your directories you're playing the game from. Have you tried it from the root directory of the disc (C:\ or D:\) to see if similar problems occur?

Definitely a bug needing fixed for the Gym quest, I see it too in v0.4.1.

Go to a previous save to prior to your first going into the gym and load it, doing those days over again. If you aren't already doing so - save in a different save slot every time the game opens the save dialogue for you. You don't need to save unless the game prompts you to.
Just redownloaded, it has to be the CG improvement mod, when my game gets stuck it's when the CG appears in a clean install.

And of course, now, after replacing the img folder with the mod again, everything works just fine.

4.50 star(s) 146 Votes