♍VoidTraveler

Forum Fanatic
Apr 14, 2021
I'd frame it in narrative: "You get an overpowering feeling that you should become stronger before continuing onward, or bring lots of friends. Or both."
Yeah, that would be even better, indeed. The game will check player level and if it's below required then this message will pop up. :giggle::coffee:

nedryd

Oct 8, 2021
Yeah, that would be even better, indeed. The game will check player level and if it's below required then this message will pop up. :giggle::coffee:
It's already there in four other places, IIRC. The three bosses and if you try to go into Mountains before you're ready.

Panonon

Game Developer
May 12, 2022
Just attach a visible 'minimum level requirement' to each quest so noobs know to stay the hell away before they get stronger. :whistle::coffee:
Though probably will not work if you didn't create quest log yet, i kinda forgot if we had that yet or not. :ROFLMAO::coffee:
There is a quest-log, but it's been a clusterfuck to manage because I built it AFTER I built the first two chapters...

And levels are increased / decreased based on player / enemy levels.

So it's something like if an enemy is 1 level higher than you, then your stats are decreased by 4% while theirs are increased by 4% (I don't remember the exact numbers). If an enemy is 5 levels over, chances are you're not defeating that enemy unless you have upgraded your armor.

But your suggestion still works, if I modify it a bit. I'll figure something out and stick it in this update. :)

It's already there in four other places, IIRC. The three bosses and if you try to go into Mountains before you're ready.
It is pretty weird that a lot of common help messages I get are "how do I get to the mountains".

Last edited:
Reactions: ♍VoidTraveler

CutieLvr

Engaged Member
Jun 3, 2020
So how does she hookup with the waitress? All I can do is sit at the bar or a table or listen to the bard. But, the same scenes play over and over again.

♍VoidTraveler

Forum Fanatic
Apr 14, 2021
Then if people still jump on a boss vastly above their level, it means they're just stupid.
Yeah, not game fault then. We should send condolences to their families. :ROFLMAO::coffee:
It is pretty weird that a lot of common help messages I get are "how do I get to the mountains".
People are dumb, that's all. :ROFLMAO::coffee:
There is a quest-log, but it's been a clusterfuck to manage because I built it AFTER I built the first two chapters...
Yeah, that's definitely something you add right from the start. :ROFLMAO::coffee:

Reactions: Panonon

Panonon

Game Developer
May 12, 2022
So how does she hookup with the waitress? All I can do is sit at the bar or a table or listen to the bard. But, the same scenes play over and over again.
After you finish chapter 1 (beat the first boss), you'll have the opportunity to learn charm magic from Rhelyla.
Finish learning it from her and go to the bar again.

• Red Heart
Reactions: CutieLvr

CutieLvr

Engaged Member
Jun 3, 2020
After you finish chapter 1 (beat the first boss), you'll have the opportunity to learn charm magic from Rhelyla.
Finish learning it from her and go to the bar again.
Thanks for that. Also, I've been going thru the forest and forest2 over and over. When I try to go into the mountains it keeps telling me to finish doing the forest. How do you finish in the forest? Thank you, in advance.

♍VoidTraveler

Forum Fanatic
Apr 14, 2021
When I try to go into the mountains it keeps telling me to finish doing the forest.
Huh? Pretty sure you could enter the mountains regardless of the forest, unless Panon changed something. (Or i forgot something again lol.)
But anyway, by that it probably means you need to find and defeat forest boss. :whistle::coffee:

Last edited:
  • Thinking Face

Panonon

Game Developer
May 12, 2022
Huh? Pretty sure you could enter the mountains regardless of the forest, unless Panon changed something. (Or i forgot something again lol.)
But anyway, by that it probably means you need to find and defeat forest boss. :whistle::coffee:
I added a level requirement. You now have to be level 11 to enter the mountains.
Did that cause there was some confusing parts and honestly if a player cheated and ended up finishing the mountains before the forest, there would be a lot of confusing dialogue. It would take me too long to rewrite the dialogue to make sense, so they have to be level 11 and I MIGHT have set a requirement to beat the first boss, but I can't remember for sure.

how do you get on the rhelyla path? like having her come to earth with you?
Just complete her revenge quest she gives you after you start training with her.
If you haven't finished her quest before Pseudinferis is defeated, then Azrael joins you by default.
Azrael provides more lore, Rhelyla adds more lewd scenes.

Thanks for that. Also, I've been going thru the forest and forest2 over and over. When I try to go into the mountains it keeps telling me to finish doing the forest. How do you finish in the forest? Thank you, in advance.
Sounds like you haven't completed forest 3.

Forest 3 unlocks when you've found all the paths in Forest 2.

The forest dungeon unlocks when you've found all the paths in forest 3.

From there, defeat the boss. Grind a little bit if you need to, to hit level 11. Then go to the mountains.

CutieLvr

Engaged Member
Jun 3, 2020
I added a level requirement. You now have to be level 11 to enter the mountains.
Did that cause there was some confusing parts and honestly if a player cheated and ended up finishing the mountains before the forest, there would be a lot of confusing dialogue. It would take me too long to rewrite the dialogue to make sense, so they have to be level 11 and I MIGHT have set a requirement to beat the first boss, but I can't remember for sure.

Just complete her revenge quest she gives you after you start training with her.
If you haven't finished her quest before Pseudinferis is defeated, then Azrael joins you by default.
Azrael provides more lore, Rhelyla adds more lewd scenes.

Sounds like you haven't completed forest 3.

Forest 3 unlocks when you've found all the paths in Forest 2.

The forest dungeon unlocks when you've found all the paths in forest 3.

From there, defeat the boss. Grind a little bit if you need to, to hit level 11. Then go to the mountains.
Thank you for that, now I know what has to be done. This gives reason why a hints, walkthrough or guild would be so helpful. I had no clue about any of that. A section completed notice would also help. So if you are done with forest 2, it should say so , so you don't unnecessarily rumble through there and waste time.

theremnant

Oct 19, 2019
Enjoying the updates since the last time I played, even if I'm not sure why the spider lass died this time. (old save was incompatible, so went easy mode. Are you supposed to lose to keep her alive? My foxy assistant spoke as if she was still around and alive and I was seeking her help.)

This is still the only smut game that really seems to scratch that 'in-charge protagonist with a vagina' itch that no other game of this sort seems to satisfy, the futa scenes are good too. Though I do think the tavern girl could use a 'nope, I'm out' dialogue option instead of having to hit the back button a few times to avoid the unwanted role reversal.

Panonon

Game Developer
May 12, 2022
Thank you for that, now I know what has to be done. This gives reason why a hints, walkthrough or guild would be so helpful. I had no clue about any of that. A section completed notice would also help. So if you are done with forest 2, it should say so , so you don't unnecessarily rumble through there and waste time.
Check the notebook on the left side, it should have told you to finish exploring the forest. But as I mentioned earlier, the quest log was made later, so it's not the best quest log out there. I do occasionally go back and try to improve it though.

I'm cool with it if anyone else wants to make a walk-through, but anytime I spend making one will detract from content I can add to an update. Sadly I'm already overwhelmed, otherwise there's a lot more content I'd like to be doing. Such as catching up on missing images.

Well, forest is best place to level regardless due to how the shenanigans with the Dryads work.
Unless you fixed them, too. :ROFLMAO::coffee:
If you're referring to the flat exp, yeah that's been fixed. They now give normal amount of exp, so once you reach a certain level, they'll stop giving exp entirely. Of course there's nothing stopping players from encountering a fight and refreshing the page until they get an alraune.

Enjoying the updates since the last time I played, even if I'm not sure why the spider lass died this time. (old save was incompatible, so went easy mode. Are you supposed to lose to keep her alive? My foxy assistant spoke as if she was still around and alive and I was seeking her help.)
Might have been a bug. If it's not too late, if you have a save file around that point I'd like to take a look.
As to keeping her alive you first need to find every single journal in the mountains during the day. Then choose correct choices when speaking to her. If you did that, you can temporarily ally with her. You probably missed a journal, killed her before you found all the journals, but it's possible I'm wrong.

This is still the only smut game that really seems to scratch that 'in-charge protagonist with a vagina' itch that no other game of this sort seems to satisfy, the futa scenes are good too. Though I do think the tavern girl could use a 'nope, I'm out' dialogue option instead of having to hit the back button a few times to avoid the unwanted role reversal.
Thanks!

I've mentioned here a few times that there is some content that aren't really my fetish that I don't mind writing. Futa content and Tentacle content for examples are stuff I'm not really a fan of yet exist in my game.

Actually, I originally had no intention to add Futa Content, but it was such a popular request that I changed my mind.

As for tentacles, I've found it really hard to avoid that stuff in a game like this since I can't/won't do furry or beastiality stuff.

So as for the female lead in charge, there's a couple reasons there. 1. I've never really been a fan of sissy content. I enjoy writing the psychological breakdown of a gender-swapped character and the mental crisis, but I don't really enjoy when they're turned into a sissy / etc.
So there's plenty of stuff I don't enjoy but I'm willing to write, but that's an area I don't feel comfortable writing because similar to m/m content I am not confident I can write something like that without it sounding very cringy.

The second part, is I love female badasses. Whether it's books, games, etc. I love female leads who are confident and powerful.

Demon Gods didn't quite scratch that itch because in all honesty I've been out of practice in writing, but I've started writing my next game where you play as a villain and I think I've done much better this time around. :)

• Red Heart

♍VoidTraveler

Forum Fanatic
Apr 14, 2021
If you're referring to the flat exp, yeah that's been fixed. They now give normal amount of exp, so once you reach a certain level, they'll stop giving exp entirely.
Aw, looks my freeloading days are over now. Sadge. :ROFLMAO::coffee:
I've started writing my next game where you play as a villain
I gotta say i like where this is going, not nearly enough bad guys in games in my opinion.
I mean, ones that are more than dumb punch bags with idiotic agendas. :devilish::coffee:

Last edited:

theremnant

Oct 19, 2019
Might have been a bug. If it's not too late, if you have a save file around that point I'd like to take a look.
As to keeping her alive you first need to find every single journal in the mountains during the day. Then choose correct choices when speaking to her. If you did that, you can temporarily ally with her. You probably missed a journal, killed her before you found all the journals, but it's possible I'm wrong.
Afraid I don't have a save from around there, just stuff towards the end of chapter 3. But recalling the order of things...I did encounter her before any of the journals, pretty much right after I got the quest for the silk. I only started gathering journal entries after the fight had ended.

I've started writing my next game where you play as a villain and I think I've done much better this time around. :)

If it has the same vibe as the 'payback' scene at the start of Chapter 3, or heck, any of the 'drain them till they're dead' scenes, I'm all in.

More fun to have good, drawn out, slow burn sort of thing rather than just...being violent/a huge asshole and making someone cry. Anyone can do that. Villains need to have -style-.

Panonon

Game Developer
May 12, 2022
I hope it will be female MC?
It will, but I'll still have an optional male (gender bender) start. The story outline and prologue + first chapter are already fully written. But I only get a few days to work on it between updates for DG since finishing that is my main focus.

I gotta say i like where this is going, not nearly enough bad guys in games in my opinion.
I agree! I've had a few games I've started writing where you play as an evil overlord or you're tricked/forced into the evil overlord position. But I have yet to release any of them because 1. no art, and 2. I haven't refined the writing or finished programming them.

Demon Gods takes too much of my 'free' time. :')

If it has the same vibe as the 'payback' scene at the start of Chapter 3, or heck, any of the 'drain them till they're dead' scenes, I'm all in.

More fun to have good, drawn out, slow burn sort of thing rather than just...being violent/a huge asshole and making someone cry. Anyone can do that. Villains need to have -style-.
I don't want to reveal too much since this time I'm not the only developer. Actually, while I'll be doing some of the development I'm taking more of a backseat on programming and focusing more on story, UI and gameplay mechanics. It's hard not to talk about it more because I'm super excited about this one.

I will likely release a few "demo's" using AI art but I have been negotiating with an artist for that game for a full release on steam. So the AI art will only be a placeholder and I won't put as much work into it as I do with Demon Gods.
I'm also attempting to go for a 90's anime style this time. Think of the original Slayers anime.

I intend to sell the game on steam, so I'm not entirely sure how I'll handle a free version. Perhaps I'll have the free version use AI art and the steam / paid version with an artist? Not sure yet, I'll figure it out when I get there.

And of course I always intend to write parody routes for all my games, but I haven't yet come up with what that'll be for this game.

Reactions: Lanceire

Nobles

Apr 15, 2022
Alright, So Ive like the spider girl Elyia very much. Shes very intersting in design and I do love the way she talks. And after we defeat the demon god, there was something that stood out as ... strange. She offers to serve you out of nowhere and so soon, Just because her friend did ? Didnt seem right for a monster girl of her status or what she has been so far. So I started doing some thinking. There has to be more too this.
So before I delve, Best way I think is to list some key points and what we know. That way I can refer to it. I dont want to bloat it out

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Now that I got some key points and what we know out of the way

After the fight with Pseudinferis, she actually tells the MC that they are not allies, and next time they meet dont expect to get along, implies she will be hostile. Yet after returning to town to discuss with Rheyla and Azarel and setting back out to investigate the town. Elyria is surprising waiting for you. Then as you set out, she asks to just follow along and not hostile. Makes me think she finds some calm, or attraction towards the MC. Could it be the succubus connection ?. Anway, she starts remember things,, in a cute way. Her stutas and repeatings are super cute. Finds her friend she begins to recognize and get happy.

Then before long, she and her friend then offer to serve the MC. Which brings me to my conclusion. The thing that stood out odd to me about this, is there is more here than meets the eye. She wouldnt do that so quickly without reason, and this is the reason for sure. Im am to believe, that succubus magic has renewed inside her and has her compelled to follow the MC. She was created by a succubus, and now found another succubus that has pulled her out of her feral state. The difference I would say compared to the previous succubus is that MC and Elyria are on good terms, Having saved her friend, and freeing her from Pseudinferis control and killing him. More eviddent how she waited and started following our MC asif she couldnt help herself. Memories are returning and she might have more control over her instincts, like deciding on her own if she eats her mate or not. Or wants to wrap someone up /shrugs. Im hoping its the case at least. If shes less feral, then more control she has.

To me, this is a really good thing. This is a hidden potential of the succubus (rule over other demons), and this also shows that the MC also has to potential to make his own monster girls. Pretty exiting for me. ngl, I wanna see him TF someone into one, and watch that painful transformation which is mentioned in the succbuss tome. I have some ideas, I could share later if interested. But I wouldnt mind being able to turn some paladins or church reps into monsters by the MC. See how they burn villages suspected harboring demons, its time they become monsters to see what its like to be one. That would be my first choice, watching them turn painfully :devilish:

Heard it get mentioned Elyrie can die, but she aint dying in my game ^_~ Shes a powerful ally for sure. And shes dam cute. Sure theres alot of interesting spider things she can do. Seeing Rhelya fear her, but then start getting along was kinda touching. She could do well in protecting Rheyla ^_~

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:

Panonon

Game Developer
May 12, 2022
AH-64E Read your review (not sure why I didn't see it before).

Just wanted to comment that some of what you stated in your review is stuff I'm trying to fix. As for long narrated scenes, that is kind of intentional. I used Japanese visual novels as inspiration for that, they tend to have very long scenes... However the scrolling issue, I agree with. It does suck to have to scroll so much, so I've tried breaking scenes up into more passages when I can. A game made in renpy would be better since you can do line by line narration. Twine/Sugarcube not so much because it's equally annoying to have to click to the next passage after every line, so this is something I am still learning and hoping to get better at. I haven't found a better resolution to this yet, at least not as far as HTML games go. It's possible that twine isn't the best engine for me to be building this game in (tbh, this game probably would have been much better in RPG maker).

As to choices in sex scenes... I have been adding more choices recently, and am intending to add more, but while trying to write interesting scenes they do tend to get long, and when they're long it's hard to write more options for them. Especially when I consider that every scene needs at least 1 image which...is a lot of work for 1 guy with a 7month old baby and a full time job.
Not that your suggestion is wrong, but more that I'm still trying to find ways to do better.

While Japanese visual novels tend to have lengthy scripted scenes, I've noticed a lot of indy HTML and Twine games have super short ones, if anything at all (usually accompanied with an animated gif).

Truth be told, I AM trying to make the majority of the lewd scenes shorter and have just a few special ones be lengthy. But this is my first game, so it's something I kind of had to learn as I go.

Also, you say it's a story with a few choices that don't really make a difference...
I kind of disagree with you here, but you're not entirely wrong. See, when I started making this I wanted to make several paths. I wanted to let the player go explore area's they're not ready for yet, or take them down entirely different story paths...

I learned very quickly that while I'm also doing all of the art, programming, and trying to add gameplay implements (exploration, RPG battles, level-ups, etc)... I can't do it. Not by myself at least. So instead I opted for the Mass Effect style of choices.

Most of your choices will have mild impacts, some will have major impacts. The story will still follow a general rail, but certain things will change. For example, players who killed the Dryad will soon discover something new when they visit that forest again.

There are also some parts that I intend to wait until I get to that scene, then go back and edit old scenes to allow players to access it early, though I'm not sure how do-able that is for me.

I've admitted that I'm pretty new to NSFW games (only discovered them just before I started making my own). So I am still learning, but I am grateful for your review. I regularly ask for feedback but don't frequently get it, so this gives me stuff to focus on for future updates to improve. Especially for future games!

Thanks!

4.30 star(s) 11 Votes