Apr 16, 2020
Character- The main character is weak-willed. It was established that he is a different person because two souls merged. But...he follows the ideologies of what everyone else is telling him he needs to do. Especially in a world of magic, where one could potentially plant false memories, or things like that, he doesn't mis-trust anyone a single bit. He doesn't doubt anything anyone is telling him. He listens to them, and decides "These people are right." So he goes with it. Honestly don't like him at all.
hiresto Yeah this is pretty fair, I'm liking how he seems to be cold about most of these events but him getting strung along by the others seems a bit too off-putting seeing as he has no real reason to trust anyone in this scenario but to be fair to the story there's not much he CAN do at the moment. The background for the demon king was weak at best but it certainly kept me hooked, a little cliche yeah but it reeled me in.
I'll be looking into making navigation more convenient, probably settle in on providing a map for those who want it.
Konvel Wouldn't mind a more simpler map, honestly though the navigation system is already easy enough to follow but I understand the appeal for a map feature.

Reactions: Konvel

Konvel

Jobber
Game Developer
Aug 1, 2020
You can take from this what you want, this can be seen as critique, or whatever. If you decide that this is not worth your time, that is a fair take as well.
Thanks for the writeup! I'm glad you appreciate the king, but I assure you that I'm doing my best not to tell you what to think of him, but rather to give the observations of others. I don't believe I've portrayed either side as inherently good or evil, as any war is muddled with propaganda regardless of what side you stand on. You just so happen to be on the side of the degmiato, by chance and a result of their innate abilities. There is not necessarily a good side, I would not go so far as to say the degmiato who want to take over Rhukane through conquest are morally upright.

The king making the choice to kill them both, was also laughed at and ridiculed even though the soldier said it was alright.
A soldier did indeed express doubt about killing one of his own comrades, and another soldier did question the resolve and integrity of his side, but he does not speak for all alumbra as you've acknowledged. He is immediately pushed forward by another soldier who is focused on his objective. I don't think I portrayed anyone as ridiculing the king, aside from the person trying to kill him.

I agree that the main character is somewhat unconstrained, but that is by design. He is a blank slate whose agency is immediately pushed forth by unknown entities with their own agendas, the equivalent of a child being pushed by his parents, as well as being a substitute for the player's will. I also don't believe he has made any dreadful decisions based on trust just yet. At the moment, he is simply following the desires of the individuals who gave him life.
But I honestly want the King to win, only because there was not presented a good reason for me to hate him. In fact, I think he made all the correct choices in the situation he was in. The foundation for your story is inherently flawed to me.
Once more, I agree. I don't think the king using any means necessary to defend his home is necessarily a bad thing. The foundation of the story is not the king's morality or villainy, but certain characters desiring to act against him. The king being an antagonist does not make him evil. You are certainly not a hero in this story, but rather a new party in a conflict beyond your inception.

I appreciate the analysis of the king's circumstances and hope you'll stick with the story a bit longer.

blackmasha

Jun 21, 2018
this game needs a map with icons that you can press to move around, while also seeing what location has which girls. anything really will be better than this weird "press twice to go back" because you need to move through rooms that connect to other rooms despite no reason for it in a renpy engine game.

JLP603

Apr 25, 2019
Haven't explored the game fully, stopping at the part where you are start the free roam to nyla but came here just to say that the game seems very good! Well written, grammatically correct sentences and dialogue, interesting plot and world, and the story seems to take itself seriously. Unlike the guy in the first page, the mc's behaviour seems plausible to me and the actions of the king and the earlier demon king made sense to me. Some of the events are kinda on rails though like HAVING to fight the umbra that was molesting a girl and joining the detectives in the detective agency. The fact that so much people seem to know your identity so fast in such a short interval of time from one another and how easily your trust people like finley is a real mood dampener to me. That being said definitely looking forward to more!

Last edited:

LucaJin

Jul 27, 2017
Started the game recently played through some of the charactersI find this interesting looking forward to where it goes, intro felt a bit weak in terms of who I wanted to support between the protagonist and antagonist. I'm definitely getting the vibe that there's no good or bad here since it's a war and all, I am looking forward to seeing where this game goes the characters introduced so far seem interesting definitely looking forward to how they'll be like going forward. All in all a solid game and I'm looking forward to future builds.

caxhub

Engaged Member
Aug 22, 2019
this is an unofficial android port Demons of the Hearth [v0.1] APK -

Reactions: Pudthumper

Konvel

Jobber
Game Developer
Aug 1, 2020
Game crash after I chat with someone
Sorry to hear that. Could you be more specific? Does it happen in any particular instance or with a specific character? And does it give an error before it crashes?
Would love to nip the issue in the bud before the next release.

ryyty

Mar 18, 2020
Sorry to hear that. Could you be more specific? Does it happen in any particular instance or with a specific character? And does it give an error before it crashes?
Would love to nip the issue in the bud before the next release.
All the characters see for yourself it does not give any error simply crash do you want me to send video

Konvel

Jobber
Game Developer
Aug 1, 2020
All the characters see for yourself it does not give any error simply crash do you want me to send video
If you could shoot me a video, I'd appreciate that. Haven't heard of anyone encountering this issue and can't replicate it myself.

Reactions: girdeyordo
Jun 3, 2019
Early days but it looks like it has more effort than the general Koikatsu affair, though the models still have a bit of a bulbhead issue, bit disappointed this wasn't fixed, but it's not too egregious

Harry6hp

Jan 17, 2020
If you could shoot me a video, I'd appreciate that. Haven't heard of anyone encountering this issue and can't replicate it myself.
The first update is totally great and the story is awesome and interesting
And now the second update looks good from the change log new update with more content SUPERRRR
Good luck and all the best with the project Konvel
Take care

JokerLeader

Former Legendary Game Compressor
Modder
Game Compressor
Donor
Mar 16, 2019
Demons of the Hearth [v0.2] [Compressed]

Original Size Win/Linux: 1.02 GB
Original Size Mac: 1.01 GB

Compressed Size Win/Linux: 495 MB: -
Compressed Size Mac: 460 MB: -

Since this, an Adult Zone, drop a (y) to support my work as Compressor SLUT!

This compression is unofficial. Compressing process reduces image/audio/video quality and can break the game, be aware of that.

You can find all of my Walkthrough Mods content here:

Or you can:

4.60 star(s) 38 Votes