EddyB50

Dec 9, 2022
I really like this game for the most part. But ending is very underwhelming. Am I missing something? Is there another ending (apart from bad ending in dungeon)?

Goeffel

Sep 10, 2022
hm. somewhat reminds me of some other (old) games where windows has problems with displaying them fullscreen on high-dpi-monitors.

translating myself from a German interface (windows 11) :
A RMB click on the exe, choose properties -> compatability tab, click the "change high-dpi settings" button, tick the bottom option ("dismiss high dpi scaling"), choose "application", OK, OK.

if that does not help, simply repeat but unchoose that "dismiss high dpi scaling" option -> all is as it was before.

blah.jpg

DapperStove

Jan 31, 2019
I did keep promise ending. Is break promise ending much different?
There's several words I would use to describe the true ending, and even more I could see someone using. "Underwhelming" is not in either category, so my guess is that you're at one of the points in the story that can seem like the end. One of the problems with the game is that there are a couple of places that can trick the player into thinking it's over and quitting.

You're probably at one of three places. They are, in order:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

In short, story isn't truly over until you get the game clear screen (main characters lined up, levels displayed, and clear time shown).

Yummyjuice22

Mar 17, 2023
I'm honestly surprised it took me so long to play this game, I'm only about 12 hours in and the story has manage to grip me better then a lot of other games on this site. Yea its not the greatest story known to man but having a story with the twist of you playing the "bad" guys is pretty fun.

The only thing that I can really nit pick about is the isekai-ish plot line that appears with the fbi agent, it kind of feels like it was put in randomly, maybe its just me.

DapperStove

Jan 31, 2019
I'm honestly surprised it took me so long to play this game, I'm only about 12 hours in and the story has manage to grip me better then a lot of other games on this site. Yea its not the greatest story known to man but having a story with the twist of you playing the "bad" guys is pretty fun.

The only thing that I can really nit pick about is the isekai-ish plot line that appears with the fbi agent, it kind of feels like it was put in randomly, maybe its just me.
While I agree that the plot isn't the best written, I think that the quality of the characters more than make up for it.

I'd argue the isekai elements are a little more present than I think you give them credit for, even if it still is a little odd. By that point in the story, there have been multiple instances of things that seem to originate from Earth, starting with the ruined car from the intro (in the market place), and even including Kudan, the Empire's strongest warrior (a samurai). They also use it in the plot more than it may seem at first, but I won't spoil anything. It's still not great, don't get me wrong. It doesn't really live up to my standards for something like it (my standards probably unfairly high, though, so that's not saying much).

Reactions: Yummyjuice22

Yummyjuice22

Mar 17, 2023
While I agree that the plot isn't the best written, I think that the quality of the characters more than make up for it.

I'd argue the isekai elements are a little more present than I think you give them credit for, even if it still is a little odd. By that point in the story, there have been multiple instances of things that seem to originate from Earth, starting with the ruined car from the intro (in the market place), and even including Kudan, the Empire's strongest warrior (a samurai). They also use it in the plot more than it may seem at first, but I won't spoil anything. It's still not great, don't get me wrong. It doesn't really live up to my standards for something like it (my standards probably unfairly high, though, so that's not saying much).
Oh yeah it just felt a little jarring to all of a sudden switch between playing as the demons and then to the fbi agent stuck in the facility. I'm not one to soak in every small detail so its defiantly my bad for not noticing the isekai elements earlier but I dont think it would've hurt the story if it had introduced the fbi agent way earlier.

Its not a major problem it just hurt the pacing a little in my eyes but I agree with you when you say the quality of the characters are good.

DapperStove

Jan 31, 2019
Oh yeah it just felt a little jarring to all of a sudden switch between playing as the demons and then to the fbi agent stuck in the facility. I'm not one to soak in every small detail so its defiantly my bad for not noticing the isekai elements earlier but I dont think it would've hurt the story if it had introduced the fbi agent way earlier.

Its not a major problem it just hurt the pacing a little in my eyes but I agree with you when you say the quality of the characters are good.
I think the best solution would be to see any of the buildup to the encounter from the main character's perspective. That absolutely could have been done, and it would have made it flow much more nicely. Even something as small as a line of dialogue saying that the Gardemon (I think I remember the name right) was kidnapped, and that Polca wanted to save him. That would also fix the bit of Deus Ex Machina towards the end of the area.

I also agree on the details part. While I noticed a couple of those details, I always find it difficult to know if it's the author making a joke or actually being serious. A samurai in a world like this could well just be an author who really likes samurai, so they force it in even if it doesn't fit.

Reactions: Yummyjuice22

Yummyjuice22

Mar 17, 2023
I think the best solution would be to see any of the buildup to the encounter from the main character's perspective. That absolutely could have been done, and it would have made it flow much more nicely. Even something as small as a line of dialogue saying that the Gardemon (I think I remember the name right) was kidnapped, and that Polca wanted to save him. That would also fix the bit of Deus Ex Machina towards the end of the area.

I also agree on the details part. While I noticed a couple of those details, I always find it difficult to know if it's the author making a joke or actually being serious. A samurai in a world like this could well just be an author who really likes samurai, so they force it in even if it doesn't fit.
Yea because I'm at the point where
which has nothing to do with the isekai plot I believe. But yea better buildup from polca's perspective would've helped like you said.

Honestly when I first played I just assumed that the game was taking place at a time in history where all the stuff like with the samurai were happening at the same time as other historical elements like with the knights and what not just with made up nations and the addition of demons. But im not a history type of person so uh thats my bad.

QQP_Purple

Dec 11, 2020
hm. somewhat reminds me of some other (old) games where windows has problems with displaying them fullscreen on high-dpi-monitors.

translating myself from a German interface (windows 11) :
A RMB click on the exe, choose properties -> compatability tab, click the "change high-dpi settings" button, tick the bottom option ("dismiss high dpi scaling"), choose "application", OK, OK.

if that does not help, simply repeat but unchoose that "dismiss high dpi scaling" option -> all is as it was before.

View attachment 3762448
Sadly none of that helped. The map is still broken. Thanks for trying.

4.50 star(s) 97 Votes