VN - Ren'Py - Abandoned - Derealization [v0.0.5.0] [Greenish Purple]

1. 5.00 star(s)

Baelic

It is a most excellent and intriguing tale thusfar, one which I can relate to greatly. I can see myself in the shoes of the mc to a frightening degree and I can't wait to see how the rest of the tale unfolds.

It is a story of mental illness, bad choices, and self-sabotage. Nearly every character is pretty interesting, and I am legitimately interested in getting to know them all better, even the step-sister seems uncommonly nice and a little interesting unusually enough (thusfar at least).
  2. 4.00 star(s)

SteelyDan14

It's off to a decent start. The renders are decent, and the story is unique for these kinds of games. Characters are also original and some care has been made to give them a unique, non-standard Daz3D look.

I do struggle with the writing a bit. Some of it is just awkward. Things like rise instead of rice or singular subjects that should be plural... It's obvious English is not the devs first language... and that's fine, but problems like that always take me out of the story and that's unfortunate.

There are some gaps in the story as well. What ever happened to the niece he left at the other apartment? The MC never came back so why was he worried about if it was clean or not? The whole leaving town thing was kinda odd.

I also can't stand the MC. He's a horrible, whiney, entitled ass hole who does not, so far, have ANY redeeming qualities... but that's okay too. It will be interesting to see where he goes.

Finally, the humor seems a bit forced, but some of it made me laugh out loud.
    You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
    Very funny.

So 3 stars in general and 1 for the dev. They seem talented and invested and you have to supports those devs when you can.
  3. 5.00 star(s)

SixtyNineGaming

There isn't a lot of content but the concept is extremely unique and interesting. You are a guy with anger management issues who moved to new place to start over. Many of the other characters also have are also disfunctional in some way.
    I love the cast - every girl looks and feels unique in the limited content and I can't wait to get to know them more.
    The visuals are also very good.
  4. 5.00 star(s)

ZagorTeNay

Fantastic game, potentially one of the adult VNs

+ Interesting MC: not a stereotypical "Chad", but someone who is confident, intelligent, sense of mystery/past ( that makes you interested in him), with his own inner conflict
    + Excellent renders: besides resolution/quality, I really love the use of colors/contrast to accentuate mood in certain scenes ( like blue/sadness on rooftop with Chloe), camera angles to highlight emotions ( reminded me a bit of High Life)
    + All female characters seem interesting, with distinct personalities so far ( I'm rooting for Chloe though)
    + Dialogue is direct, with enough ( to personalize and invest into character) but not too much monologue ( that "drags out" excessively)
    + I like the subtle use of humor

Negatives? Possibly linearity/no real altering choices so far, but the game is still very much in early phase of introducing player to all the characters.
  5. 5.00 star(s)

m4pII

The game is in its early stages and it is too early to evaluate it ... but I can't resist. I am impressed with the quality of the writing.

What I liked.
    Renders and staging.

MC. He is not a pimply, always horny teenager, but an adult, intelligent, confident man.

Female characters and how they were introduced to the player.

Clever dialogues. The main plus of the whole game in my opinion.
    I liked them so much that for the first time I even forgot about the existence of the ctrl button.
    Great examples are the office scene, the phone call with Sydney and the dinner scene with Chloe.
    Once again, I love the dialogue in this game.

By cons, I will write down the lack of real choice, but I hope that after the prologue and introductory updates, we will be given more freedom in this regard.
  6. 2.00 star(s)

Boehser Onkel

soooo....

this game has many flaws - from poor writing to half-hearted renders(at some points)
    the story makes no sense (i am at the first office day ) till now
    and still i wanted to give it a try - untill this she-hulk boss appeared ...
    i mean w t f .....
    the "choices" are fake ones (no variables or values in the code) -
    you may get 1 or 2 different sentences but that is all about those "choices"

2 stars with one eye closed
  7. 5.00 star(s)

scalvi

The tone is unique, the MC and some other characters saw the bad side of life so the narrative is melancholical sometimes. But still there are a lot of goofy dialogues and humor.
    Renders and posing look cinematic and girls are beautiful.
    Not much of sex scenes so far but I catch a feeling that this game tries to be somewhat serious and I appreciate that.

Not much to say else, the game is in its very early stage but I like how it started and going forward and want to see the continuation and the light in the end of the tunnel for our Jake Reed

More music and careful proofreading wouldn't hurt :)
  8. 4.00 star(s)

maninx

A great start to something to look forward to in the future

Pros-
    Great renders Nice models and good presentation

So far what can be seen is that different characters have different personality that is huge for character building and story telling and it is a huge plus.

Writing is good with self deprecation and humor that goes well with the MC's low self value due to current mental state and the dialogues are engaging.

Nice music

Even though the plot line of moving out for a new life is not something new but the the psychological state of the MC is interesting and let's see where that goes
    All the same time it kinda paints a picture of reality where you get to deal with the turmoils of life that comes with being an adult which makes it a very few of its kind.

Cons-
    Some typos and spelling mistakes
    sometimes a line or two don't make sense could easily be fixed with proof reading

Conclusion-
    All in all it's starting out pretty great has potential to be something good in the future but for now it's too early to say anything.

Goodluck to the devs.
    Looking forward to future releases.