VN Ren'Py Abandoned Derealization [v0.0.5.0] [Greenish Purple]

3.00 star(s) 28 Votes

X0R

Stay a Mystery, it’s Better.
Aug 5, 2016
1672454443907.png

Overview:
3DCG visual novel with elements of psychological horror and black humor.
You play as an almost thirty-year-old "young" man, who is fleeing from mental discomfort, leaves his hometown and moves to Steelport, the largest city in the state. Hoping to find peace with his own mind there. But he is too far from a state of harmony because every day there are more and more problems related to his new and old friends. Every day he becomes more and more convinced of the inadequacy of the people around him, who literally broke the chain.
But...
What if the problem is not in them?​

Thread Updated: 2023-07-28
Release Date: 2023-07-28
Developer: Greenish Purple - - - - F95zone
Censored: No
Version: 0.0.5.0
Language: English
Genre:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Installation:

Changelog:

Developer Notes:

DOWNLOAD
Win: - - - -
Linux: - - - -
Mac: - - - -
Android (v0.0.4.9): - - -

Extras: Crawling Text Fix -
WALKTHROUGH/Gallery MOD - Italian Translation*

*This unofficial port/version is not released by developer, download at your own risk.

1672454510399.png 1672454519531.png 1672454528442.png 1672454539226.png 1672454548471.png 1672454556340.png 1672454564316.png 1672454572688.png 1672454581519.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Grohal

Jul 27, 2019
Nice start. I like the humor, it's well dosed. Renders are good. Some typos, nothing too anoying.

Will keep an eye on that one. :)

Reactions: Greenish

pochops

Jul 4, 2020
Ok, I'll leave my thoughts:

As with almost all early releases, the content is limited. But what I saw so far, I liked. A lot of. As for grammar, I can't say much. Although my english is not bad, I am not a native speaker. What I can say is that it seems to me to be very well written. Smart, simple, organic.

The renders are good and the characters are not bad at all. We didn't see much of them either. Jilla is the MC's stepsister. I don't know if there are plans to include incest / stepincest. Either way, whether or not there is, I always empathize with MC's relatives. And in this case, too. Jilla is very sweet and it seems like she genuinely cares for the MC. Characters like that have me automatically won. Whether they are love interests or not.

Something very positive: the MC. We have a very good looking MC. Very attractive, in my opinion. Bearded MCs are always a plus for me. Almost in his 30s and most importantly, so far he's not a fucking pervert. In fact, as I said, I get the impression that he is very, very smart. The subject of his psychological problem or his anger management problem seems to be the most important in the main plot. And if not, I think it will at least have some relevance. I look forward to seeing how it unfolds. While a game doesn't have to be realistic and you can take the liberty of making things up, it would be interesting to see this be approached realistically.

As an impression that this leaves me, we may have two main routes?
One in which the MC controls his psychological problems and overcomes them, this being the "good" route. And another in which psychological problems win and we are "evil" I don't know if this is going to be the case. Like I said, it's the impression the game gave me. If so, I always go the "good guy" route. The decisions so far in the game is what made me assume this. In every decision, we have the option to be friendly / gentle and dismissive / rude. Something like that.
And I really like the subject of psychological horror. I am intrigued and really want to see what we will see.

Lastly, as a fan of romance, I also hope we have some real good romances. And of course, that we are not forced into any content. Fetishes, kinks, romances, sex scenes (in the present. I don't mind sex scenes as flashbacks but I definitely don't like dream sex scenes), etc... Make everything optional. I think this would be ideal.

A game with potential and very interesting. I think it's worth keeping track of. We will see how it develops. Best wishes to the developer!
Thanks for your detailed thoughts. It's much appreciated. Quite frankly, your comments are more helpful than the somewhat cryptic overview. I'll give it a try.

Havenless_

Oct 12, 2020
Thanks for your detailed thoughts. It's much appreciated. Quite frankly, your comments are more helpful than the somewhat cryptic overview. I'll give it a try.
Oh, I'm glad to hear that my comment serves to encourage you to try the game. I always try to give a good and detailed feedback. Thanks for the trust and I hope you like it as I do.

Raife

May 16, 2018
I agree -- a very interesting little demo. The premise is sufficiently original to merit following and the renders are very good.

The English needs a bit of cleaning up, and there are some grammatical issues and problems with standard forms of address. For example, the therapist should be addressed as Dr. X (if he has a PhD) when addressed formally by the MC, not PhD X (or Phd X, which I assume is just a typo).

Good luck.

3.00 star(s) 28 Votes