VN Ren'Py Derealization [v0.0.5.0] [Greenish Purple]

3.00 star(s) 28 Votes

The 1★ Dude

Jun 26, 2018
I bet this project will be abandoned / on hold this year. After 5 months of work there is just not enough content.

Last edited:

HenzoStar

Apr 24, 2020
As for this release i thought the game was definitely decent, the content was definitely limited but what's there is definitely good, the writing is in fact "smart" but it could be more compelling if the dev try to make the narration and stuff more poetic or just use more vocabulary in it, the renders of the character and environment are indeed great and i gotta say its the highlight of the game so far, the music feels fitting enough and sounds good enough, and for the story, i think it could be better for a prologue, i think a prologue should atleast give enough information about the MC, well this MC is an ex drug addict that was cured but he still have another problem which is temper problem, now there is no problem to use that character background but i think its better to give a flashback about the visual of MC temper problem to make the player feels more connected to the MC, but instead you give us a dream sex scene with The'a and that name doesn't even sync with what Ezekiel said (Ezekiel said Breaa)also the current version doesn't really make me wanting more because of the lack of things that we should look forward on our next week, all's there is just a drink with our male friend (probably gonna be some exposition and past about the MC relationship), and a mystery about two girl of our past, and i think the dev choice to mention 2 girl is one of a problem because it makes me confused about which one i should focus on, i think its better to mention 1 girl by name and then you could just refer to Breaa as "her", and lastly i think nearing the ending or in mid game you should promise a big event in the next chapter or atleast give us a cliffhanger to make us interested in the next chapter, cause for me a drink with a friend and some character background isn't enough for me to be interested

But overall i think its a solid game with a weak emphasis on story. Render, Writing, Model, Music, and Posing is definitely solid and i think you should definitely try it for urself.

Reactions: Greenish

macadam

Chicken Bubble Butt
Game Developer
Aug 5, 2016
"" An almost thirty-year-old "young" man ""

i m definitly not human...i should seriously search from wich planet i m from. Because this "almost thirty years old young man" look way older than me, and i m getting close to the fourty... :rolleyes: :alien:

Prokopije

Stupidity Exterminator
Donor
Jun 5, 2017
Hello. Do we have complete freedom to choose with which girls MC have sexual contacts and reject and avoid those we don't like or not?

Reactions: Greenish

AL.d

Sep 26, 2016
When the banner pic and the first screenshot are of a hairy dude with a beer, people might mistake it for something it isn't. Before they get the chance to see more thumbnails. Just sayin.

Gleemer

Engaged Member
Jun 8, 2018

Here is the Italian translation
of Derealization [v0.0.3a Bugfix]

This translation is "unofficial, it was created by a fan.

+ patch includes WT and Gallery Mod

Ecco la traduzione italiana
di un fan Derealization [v0.0.3a Bugfix]

Questa traduzione "non è ufficiale" è stata generata da un fan.

+ la patch include WT & Gallery Mod

of Derealization [v0.0.1]

di un fan Derealization [v0.0.1]

of Derealization [v0.0.1]

di un fan Derealization [v0.0.1]

Last edited:

Penfold Mole

Engaged Member
Respected User
May 22, 2017
Immediate major gripe: crawling text that ignores the text speed slider.
Yep, one thing in games I can not stand is this teletype-like crawling text. It's XXI century, for fucks sake! Teletypes are dead, no reason to mimic them.
Hardcoding this into a game where the standard preferences menu allows anyone to make the text crawl if they happen to like it, is a bad-bad move.

Fortunately, this type of hardcoded styling used in this game
Python:
script.rpy:58:    p "{cps=30}I'll ask you again, are you sure about moving to Stillport?"
script.rpy:59:    c "{cps=30}Yes, I think so."
script.rpy:61:    p "{cps=30}You think so?"
script.rpy:62:    c "{cps=30}I'm sure about the move."
script.rpy:64:    p "{cps=30}Well, that's great!"
is relatively easy to remove by using a dialog text filter
Python:
# attempting to remove hardcoded cps from dialog lines
init python:
    hardcoded = {}

def rmv_cps(text):
        return hardcoded[text] if text in hardcoded else renpy.re.sub( r'\{(?:cps=\*?[0-9]+|\/cps)\}', "", text )

config.say_menu_text_filter = rmv_cps
To use this

Hardcoded dialog text cps style A.K.A. 'crawling text' remover

Extract attached zip into the root folder of the game (the main folder with game launcher *.exe and *.sh files)
or copy the *.rpy file in it into the 'game' subfolder.

Last edited:

karumi56

Oct 7, 2019
Immediate major gripe: crawling text that ignores the text speed slider.
This is actually a game breaker for me. I ended up hitting control out of frustration with the insanely stupid forced scrolling text, skipping a lot of the text. But I don't think I missed much, lots of typos just made it even more annoying. Renders weren't bad, but I wouldn't recommend this to anyone in it's current shape.

Reactions: qaywsx and Vasy

Vasy

Mar 21, 2017
Hardcoded dialog text cps style A.K.A. 'crawling text' remover

drop the attached rpy file into the 'game' subfolder in the main game folder. The name of the file is not important, so the random numbers this forum adds to attachment names can stay as it is.
Very cool, thank you.

3.00 star(s) 28 Votes