VN Ren'Py Abandoned Derealization [v0.0.5.0] [Greenish Purple]

3.00 star(s) 28 Votes

CrazyRabbit

Engaged Member
Oct 30, 2019
Yep, this one is looking good. Only 2 setbacks, some engrish here and there but not that bothersome and of course the crawling text no matter your setting on the text speed slider. Had to remove all text speed from the script to have the classic speed.

Aside from those 2 things, a solid beginning with a good MC and good girls so far. I'll be watching this one

cyberprophet

Apr 19, 2019
Playing this VN atm. For now i wanna mention A LOT of typos. Will write more complex post after playthrough.

Finished exactly in 2 minutes after writing. LOL. Dev should really keep going! I liked MC a lot. Renders are a bit grainy but it's okay. Enviroment looks really nice! I believe it should be a great story so keep working!

Last edited:

PeggyBlackett

Engaged Member
Jan 24, 2018
Yep, one thing in games I can not stand is this teletype-like crawling text. It's XXI century, for fucks sake! Teletypes are dead, no reason to mimic them.
Hardcoding this into a game where the standard preferences menu allows anyone to make the text crawl if they happen to like it, is a bad-bad move.
So, apparently, the "Preferences" menu can't kill it?

What a dick move.

dukey

Nov 2, 2017
The "life recap" was kinda annoying and felt like a big waste of time, real pain to go through, imo. Rather have a big screen of text instead of going through that.

I didn't really play that much but it seemed to get better after that.

MuffinManWantsPregnancy

Say no to NTR and Fuck a Preggie girl
Donor
Feb 5, 2020
Hmm not bad. The MC is mature, intelligent, and isn't constantly perving on every girl that he comes across. The whole mental health and anger issue themes do hit very close to home. Could definitely use a decent proofreader, since some sentences were very hard to understand. The renders look great and could tell there was effort making each scene.

Consider getting a proofreader and not forcing relationships/kinks on the player, and this game will be great. There's a lot of potential here.

Penfold Mole

Engaged Member
Respected User
May 22, 2017
So, apparently, the "Preferences" menu can't kill it?
Correct, in this case that cps setting is added as a text style literally to every beginning of a dialog line, so it overrides all possible stylings and settings set anywhere in the game.
The only cure is to remove these tags physically from the script or use a built-in text filter that Ren'Py has, as I did. Fortunately, Ren'Py has such a feature.

Ren'Py has cps style tags to create this kind of visual effect with fixed cps for a few words somewhere inside a sentence or a few lines maximum to emphasize it somehow. It's not meant to be added to every single line of text.

What a dick move.
It would be a dick move by the dev when done deliberately, but many beginner devs are unaware of many things about a game engine they are using, Ren'Py in this case. So they tend to use "microscopes" as "hammers" to hammer "nails" into the "wall" they are building, just because a microscope is heavy enough, can be held in a hand and can do the job, not because it's the correct tool.
It's not even the worst kind of misuse of a Ren'Py feature I've seen.

Last edited:

Trasher2018

Engaged Member
Aug 21, 2018
Really needs a proofreader, because the foundation is solid. But the Engrish is a problem. I mean there are alot worse games out there on that front, but the rest looks quite good and it is just hold back by that.

All in all it is a nice intro.

pochops

Jul 4, 2020
Oh, I'm glad to hear that my comment serves to encourage you to try the game. I always try to give a good and detailed feedback. Thanks for the trust and I hope you like it as I do.
Not sure if it's already been mentioned, but I recall that "derealization" is an actual mental disorder that makes you always feel like you're in a dream observing yourself and others from outside your body. It's a problem that happens mostly to people who have experienced something very traumatic. This game kind of reminds me of another new game called Fallen Roads, because in both you make choices that guide the mc to take either a more positive or negative attitude towards their recovery from mental disorders. Also, in both games, an old love interest seems to be at least one of the triggers of the psychological trauma.

Both developers seem to be intelligent, talented creators. I agree you can tell this developer is not an English speaker and Derealization would benefit greatly from proofreading. Regardless, it's a good start and I'm interested in seeing how the story develops.

rKnight

Devoted Member
Jun 12, 2017
I'm sure I have already mentioned it, but the mere fact U can play the role of an adult MC rather than another 18 y/o brat returning home to bang his mom, is enough for me to give it a shot. (y)

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

The game has a huge amount of swearing, provocative material, vulgarity and much more.
The author is not responsible for what U watch on the Internet.
WTF am I being warned about? This is LITERALLY WHAT I WANT! :devilish:

Last edited:
3.00 star(s) 28 Votes