VN Ren'Py Derealization [v0.0.5.0] [Greenish Purple]

3.00 star(s) 28 Votes

HogRocket

Engaged Member
Jun 8, 2020
Have you ever worked in a virtually all-female office?
I had the dubious honor of working in one for a year, and the similarity was uncanny.
The top boss was basically made out of elbows and "toughness". The section chiefs were tripping over themselves trying to stab each other in the back while smiling. The workers were talking about sex all day. And everybody was trash-talking everybody else behind their backs.
If I didn't need the money that badly back then, I would have walked out of there on day one.
Yeah, every time I hear "the world would be a better place if women ran it" or "toxic masculinity" I think about having worked in an office of mostly women and how vicious they are to each other and how vicious they were to each other in school. My wife hates working with lots of other women, she hires mostly men and if a woman starts drama...."there's the door".

HogRocket

Engaged Member
Jun 8, 2020
There's a guy on YouTube named Dave Knop (goes by Knoptop) that does videos about film/camera/sound stuff. When I saw the MC I thought it was him :LOL::LOL:
Knoptop, is a funny, laid back kind of guy. Basically the exact opposite of the MC. It throws me off (in a humorous way) to see him acting depressed, angry and creepy. I, of course, named my MC - Dave ;):LOL:

DaveKnopp.jpg

Reactions: Greenish

Penfold Mole

Engaged Member
Respected User
May 22, 2017
SWEET JESUS WHAT IS WITH THAT EVIL-I-FIED DOUBLE FREAKIN' STANK EYE?????
No need to call an exorcist for this one yet. :LOL:

It's a lot freakier when someone's head is turned 90 or more degrees left or right in some games or fan art that I've seen and quite a lot. That's when you might want to think "who ya gonna call" when "there's somethin' weird and it don't look good" :sneaky:

• Haha
Reactions: Boehser Onkel

Boehser Onkel

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Feb 20, 2021
soooo....

this game has many flaws - from poor writing to half-hearted renders(at some points)
the story makes no sense (i am at the first office day ) till now
and still i wanted to give it a try - untill this she-hulk boss appeared ...
i mean w t f .....
the "choices" are fake ones (no variables or values in the code) -
you may get 1 or 2 different sentences but that is all about those "choices"

im out

Orichan

Sep 6, 2017
Wait so even if they not related its still an issue? That's just fucked up... Well let's hope the dev can find a way to work around that without getting into any shit..that's if he plans on making her a potential love interest
To be honest it seems like a façade, because you can easily go around that rule by letting the player name the relationship they have with the other characters, like many games already do, and since they're still not banned or suspended I guess Patreon accept that solution.

maninx

Sep 11, 2018
Nice update it's getting there like the MC's mature assertive character and the serious dark humor goes really well with it
The characters are peculiar with most of them being psychologically unstable goes well to showcase the fact that there are people worse off than MC himself props to whoever wrote the plot for the characters and designed them.

It's an irony that the MC of your VN works as a proofreader but you guys actually need one in real life.

The story telling could use some improvements sometimes it doesn't make sense that is going on there are some incoherences there.

Good renders, Interesting plot with an interesting story to tell, Great characters all the recipe you need for a success but with a bit of better presentation and writing it can finally reap its full potentials.

Gleemer

Engaged Member
Jun 8, 2018

Here is the Italian translation
of Derealization [v0.0.1]

This translation is "unofficial, it was created by a fan.

Ecco la traduzione italiana
di un fan Derealization [v0.0.1]

Questa traduzione "non è ufficiale" è stata generata da un fan.

Here is the Italian translation
of Derealization [v0.0.1]

This translation is "unofficial, it was created by a fan.

Ecco la traduzione italiana
di un fan Derealization [v0.0.1]

Questa traduzione "non è ufficiale" è stata generata da un fan.

Italian translation

Updated: 2021-09-16
Version: 0.0.2

Penfold Mole

Engaged Member
Respected User
May 22, 2017
Last edited:

Alex5280

Sep 3, 2020
So far, this one is looking pretty good. Renders look good and the story seems interesting. Translations are a bit off at times, so could use a native english speaker to proofread, but it isn't terrible.

I did run into a bug. If you choose to not call Sydney at night it can't find "donotcall" or something like that. Not sure what it was exactly, but it was something like that.

Anyway, looking forward to the next update.

diolo

Jan 19, 2021
It's an irony that the MC of your VN works as a proofreader but you guys actually need one in real life.
he is not. he can't work without the password for the computer. insidergag? mc can't work, therefore bad translation in the game? :)

Reactions: Neara
3.00 star(s) 28 Votes