VN Ren'Py Abandoned Derealization [v0.0.5.0] [Greenish Purple]

3.00 star(s) 28 Votes

Thotfodder

Jan 11, 2021
Planned: Lesbian
Never: Gay
Question: Doesn't that contradict the definition of "Lesbian"?
You DO realize "Lesbian" means "Gay woman" right?
For the sake of argument you COULD mean "no Gay MEN" but if you're having it labeled as "Never: Gay" then that would imply no gay content in GENERAL.

DetroitAfterDark

Jun 11, 2021
For the sake of argument you COULD mean "no Gay MEN" but if you're having it labeled as "Never: Gay" then that would imply no gay content in GENERAL.
Yeah but we know what he means.. If someone mentions both gay and lesbian obviously they refer to male and female

dolfe67

Forum Fanatic
Apr 25, 2020
Why is there a special word for a gay woman ? How do you call a gay man ?

It's the consensus that homosexual man = gay, homosexual woman = lesbian. Plus these are tags on this site to differentiate that

DetroitAfterDark

Jun 11, 2021
0. 2 android link :

Size - 299 mb

Not sure if I'm allowed to share it here but I'll do it anyways.. It's not my port btw just a renpy port I found on the internet... Haven't played it yet so I don't know if it's buggy but it loaded up perfectly fine

Reactions: cib64

visagedirect

Feb 21, 2020
Its not Bad, but could so so much better, half options just dont make any sense in relation to the questions asked! (i know read the options dont effect the story) Damn it needs Proof reader ! god help non native english speakers "they got no CHANCE" only thing I can say thats good is the Renders !

Reactions: Moisan4

Ivrhym

Jan 26, 2020
It's a good start. I have to say that I really like how the characters are written (especially Sidney); in particularly I like how the MC is in a constant conflict between his rational side and the unrational one, that kind of conflict that pushes him to do the right thing even if he doesn't need to. Besides that renders are pretty good and even if the plot isn't something totally new, the story looks really promising.
The only thing that I'd like to see in the next episodes is a major impact of our choices on the story and on the shaping of the MC.

DetroitAfterDark

Jun 11, 2021
that is such a stupid plot that it makes the last of part 2 look like a masterpiece of a story :rolleyes:
Lol There's alot of pointless choices if u ask me.. Especially when we spoke to Sidney after she got beat up.. Like there's so many options to tell MC the truth or what not but even when u click on it she says the exact opposite.. I mean if the story was set out for her to lie to MC no matter that's fine cause she just met him but why still give us an option to tell him the truth... I get that it's some kind of way for us to see her inner conflict with herself but it's still pointless if you ask me... Lol also my MC was in a band "Echos After Dark" (named after my first song lol) I know the choice to make him a former musician will hold no merit but as a musician myself I think it would be cool if he actually got back into music

LGM

Nov 22, 2018
It's a promising start. But like others have mentioned, some proofreading is badly needed.
Oddly enough, I don't remember any misspelled words, except for the occasional missing letter and using seep instead of sip. But the prepositions and articles are all over the place, the word "ain't" is used in all the wrong ways, negations are weird (e.g. "We don't like everything about you", should be "anything").
In short, while the dev seems to know how to spell (mostly), they have trouble finding the right words to say what they want to say. Which also results in some of the choices to feel off.

Oh, almost forgot, since I fixed it myself: The word "I" is always capitalized, never "i". I know it's a small thing, but man, it is so annoying.

Reactions: Moisan4

Dnutz

Apr 24, 2021
Lol There's alot of pointless choices if u ask me.. Especially when we spoke to Sidney after she got beat up.. Like there's so many options to tell MC the truth or what not but even when u click on it she says the exact opposite.. I mean if the story was set out for her to lie to MC no matter that's fine cause she just met him but why still give us an option to tell him the truth... I get that it's some kind of way for us to see her inner conflict with herself but it's still pointless if you ask me... Lol also my MC was in a band "Echos After Dark" (named after my first song lol) I know the choice to make him a former musician will hold no merit but as a musician myself I think it would be cool if he actually got back into music
Amen, it surprises me when the writing for movies, tv, and games now a days have become stale on the characters reactions and emotions it almost feels like the story hurts the characters itself then to help the audience enjoy the entertainment on itself.

DetroitAfterDark

Jun 11, 2021
So I finally got a chance to finish part 2..it was a good update but I can't really say much, obviously it had its cons but everyone already mentioned that...for me it was an okay update because as the dev said part 2 is more like an introduction to the characters so there's not much story going on right now regarding the MC... Hopefully in part 3 the actual story will begin.
As for the characters, they all seem like assholes to me with the exception of Sidney.. So a question to the dev, will all girls in game be potential love interests or rather should I ask will we be able to build a relationship with all of the girls in the game, whether that be a romantic relationship or simply a sexual relationship? Or will this be the case where's there's alot of girls in the game but you can only bang or build a relationship with a few of em

Greenish

Game Developer
Mar 4, 2021
So I finally got a chance to finish part 2..it was a good update but I can't really say much, obviously it had its cons but everyone already mentioned that...for me it was an okay update because as the dev said part 2 is more like an introduction to the characters so there's not much story going on right now regarding the MC... Hopefully in part 3 the actual story will begin.
As for the characters, they all seem like assholes to me with the exception of Sidney.. So a question to the dev, will all girls in game be potential love interests or rather should I ask will we be able to build a relationship with all of the girls in the game, whether that be a romantic relationship or simply a sexual relationship? Or will this be the case where's there's alot of girls in the game but you can only bang or build a relationship with a few of em
The story will tell about the MC's relationship with most of the ladies.
Those stories that the player will not be interested in, can be extinguished at the initial stage.
But it will not be possible to completely avoid a girl who is unpleasant to the player.
And also:
Everybody that can't be romanced, can be fucked.

DetroitAfterDark

Jun 11, 2021
The story will tell about the MC's relationship with most of the ladies.
Those stories that the player will not be interested in, can be extinguished at the initial stage.
But it will not be possible to completely avoid a girl who is unpleasant to the player.
And also:
Everybody that can't be romanced, can be fucked.
That's all I needed to know.. Great game dev keep up the good work

Specter2470

Aug 12, 2019
I'm enjoying the game (even with the partially broken English) when this happened:
```
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
File "game/script.rpy", line 3704, in script
jump donotcallher
ScriptError: could not find label 'donotcallher'.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
jump donotcallher
File "renpy/ast.py", line 1711, in execute
rv = renpy.game.script.lookup(target)
File "renpy/script.py", line 900, in lookup
raise ScriptError("could not find label '%s'." % str(original))

Windows-10-10.0.19041
Ren'Py 7.4.1.1270
Derealization 0.0.2
Fri Sep 24 10:27:14 2021
```
Seems if I decide not to call Sydney, the game breaks

Greenish

Game Developer
Mar 4, 2021
I'm enjoying the game (even with the partially broken English) when this happened:
```
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
jump donotcallher

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
jump donotcallher
File "renpy/ast.py", line 1711, in execute
rv = renpy.game.script.lookup(target)
File "renpy/script.py", line 900, in lookup
raise ScriptError("could not find label '%s'." % str(original))

Windows-10-10.0.19041
Ren'Py 7.4.1.1270
Derealization 0.0.2
Fri Sep 24 10:27:14 2021
```
Seems if I decide not to call Sydney, the game breaks
Yup, this is a known error.
I already updated the version on itch.io, in which this and several other problems have been fixed.

ZagorTeNay

Jun 28, 2018
To be clear, MC has bipolar disorder ( as I understand it..it's indicated in the intro he had wild swings between anger/hyperactivity and melancholy)?
Any word on next update?

Greenish

Game Developer
Mar 4, 2021
To be clear, MC has bipolar disorder ( as I understand it..it's indicated in the intro he had wild swings between anger/hyperactivity and melancholy)?
Any word on next update?
To be honest, I don't like to set exact dates, but I hope, again I just hope that somewhere in late November, early December, I will have at least 95 percent of the version ready.

3.00 star(s) 28 Votes