Axis3123

Apr 1, 2020
That area is complete enough to fulfill your quest there Axis3123, with the additional bonus that it is now a good place to find purple herbs. After you beat the boss of the marsh area there is a cave to explore with its own boss. Text regarding "turning back" after beating the marsh boss seems to imply the marsh will be expanded further, but it could also just be a player hint to prevent them from wasting time in the swamp.

One of the rewards you get from the previous quest before the swamp should be boots that enable you to walk over dangerous tiles without getting hurt or slowed. If you managed to multi-class a Dark Soldier build to blast enemies with magic it will be useful here. When it was my time to clear this area I took a solo character with the boots and swiftly flew through the area by skipping non-critical fights and using a fire spell that hits all enemies at once to attack the vines and flower.

That said after exploring the area felt a bit pointless. Maybe the swamp will be expanded upon. The purple herbs give some reason to come back. I suppose part of the pointlessness is the lack of sexy enemies and prizes there. The entire area mostly feels like a lock to pick to access the cave area for its boss. I blame the unfun of poison and movement slowing mechanics. It's the modern-day water level of gaming today, which in the previous gaming generation was the most complained about kind of level. They have qualities in common; swimming or walking through mud slows you down a lot, and these areas tend to be maze-like. You can blame LoZ Water Temple for the water level stereotype, and DS Blighttown for the swamp stereotype.
Ahhh, noted! I did not even know those boots existed, much less locked behind a quest line you had to do. If it was the one before the marsh, I did not see it. Would it have been one done on the mines? Or did I need to complete some requests back at Resta? I'd have no idea. Kinda don't need them though, basically all my party has been transformed thanks to potions, with the added advantage of not having to deal with molasses the entire way.

Also, for that one bit of not having anything interesting...yeah, it's true. Pretty bland, but eh, just gotta shut your brain off for this one IMO. It really is the "obligatory bad area" of the game like you put it haha.

Reactions: JustAl

Eropixel

Game Developer
Dec 7, 2022
So is the last quest you can do the one in the Slimy Marsh and the sprouts in this version? Seems like an annoying maze, doubly so with slime that puts exploration to a crawl, and even then I have no idea what sprouts uncover the paths to reach further ones. A part of me feels like it still is incomplete for progress' sake, of course, so that's why I ask. I do appreciate the minimap upgrade, makes exploring less tedious and gives opportunities to take alternate roads if you haven't seen everything an area has since every tile is now uncovered.(y)

Also, absolutely digging the horny ghosts in the Dark Forest. Those Lv. 3 ghosts are annoying, but I appreciate they change the character's appearance, even on the lesser levels. I wish they kept their private parts intact, instead of changing them altogether. Is there anything else planned for enemies sabotaging your party? Or brainwashing/mind-controlling them? I love stuff like this that is both eye candy and serves as a gameplay mechanic that you have to deal with or avoid, rather than just tossing it aside with no resistance when you encounter it.

I mean, the ghosts are just that, they're pathetically weak and do nothing else but possess the characters, and even that fails sometimes, but you get the idea.
I'm going to change some things about the enemy maps and objects but I've been focusing on other things first.

DazDatDaZ

Jul 11, 2024
Can anyone tell me where to find red herb? I search everywhere near the mine in resta field and found none. The only 2 i got was in the middle of forest zone 1

JustAl

Jan 28, 2022
Can anyone tell me where to find red herb? I search everywhere near the mine in resta field and found none. The only 2 i got was in the middle of forest zone 1
It's a mid-game harvestable. By the time you get past the entry forest and start getting into the dark woods, they're everywhere.

Reactions: DazDatDaZ

JustAl

Jan 28, 2022
I'm going to change some things about the enemy maps and objects but I've been focusing on other things first.
I figure since I have more time today I'll try to concisely describe what felt "right" and "wrong" about how areas were done, and try to guess overall player perception as I try to hand you feedback for what went wrong with the swamp area in player perception.

To say the swamp is "mazelike" isn't really good feedback since the point of designing areas in a 2D RPG is that they're not linear or pointlessly open and barren to the degree it feels like walking in a desert containing nothing. In that respect while players will say the swamp "feels like a maze", the swamp feels like a particularly grueling and unrewarding maze instead of a fun one.

What "good" mazes are there? The first maze players will find is the mine, then the entry forest is yet another good maze. The dark woods opens up wider into something more of a field for exploration and battle but the travel channels are still there.

So what makes the swamp feel bad? For a start, the additional constraint of slowing movement across much of the swamp's area makes it feel slower to walk through. Since the objective is to find specific plants and kill them to kill their vines blocking paths, the slower travel speed in an area designed to involve a lot of searching and travelling feels bad for players who neglect to get or simply refuse to equip the boots that facilitate movement on harsh terrain.

Yet I could forgive that and many other gaming vets can. So what makes the swamp feel lame to veteran players of games? The lack of purpose to return. Earlier I expressed with another player that blue and red herbs are more commonly found than purple herbs because purple herbs were in a small patch of easily-ignorable grass instead of in a wider more general area. Now that you moved purple herbs from a small patch to this general area, the swamp has some purpose, but it still feels lacking; entry forest had weretigers to fight for the right to transform into one or tame one, along with herbs, a range of flower colors for dye, some other player-transforming enemies, and most importantly the feeling that there is something significant to be found around the corner, like the entire beehive area or that one hidden witch tent in the entry forest. Maybe even a passage for the rare elemental gems or something wholly new like a unique piece of clothing or weapon not obtainable anywhere else. Maybe something like finding Muruti in the dark woods, an entire town with a unique merchant, etc.

Well, in the swamp, there's nothing fun yet. Players get attacked by RPGM generic enemy sprites with little promise for something uniquely fun. Attacked by frogs, fish, then later mudmen (a generic zombie design), snakes, etc. Players play a game with sex content to both see sexy enemies and collect ingredients to cause sexy outcomes, and the swamp has little of that. The fruit are dangerous and cause paralysis so it's not necessarily good for harvesting either (though for the sake of balance that's okay), and at this current point the swamp merely feels like a gap between town #2 and its quest in a cave beyond the swamp.

The cave seems to have useful water ingredient, and maybe I missed something in the cave that looked like fun, but I don't remember much fun in the cave. Most players probably give up playing the game somewhere in the swamp because it is a long span of target-hunting to remove barriers that disorients players and makes them quit the game if they were not adequately prepared (movement boots). The reason why a player would come to this forum and say "I'm asking if the swamp is complete or not" is because the swamp felt so boring they would rather not play more of it and find the answer themselves. A subtle hint that something unfun is happening in your game is when players ask questions about "X" at "Y" point in your game, because gameplay just before or during point "Y" is such a slog that their mind is already drifting away from the game and they'd rather ask for an answer to escape thinking through a lack of interest in the game than they would motivate themselves to play longer and figure out the answer themselves. It's that phenomenon where a really entertaining game can motivate even careless or lazy players to suddenly get really creative and smart about trying all their options and compiling their research, as if the game's fun and thrill motivates them to try harder / longer and learn more. When the opposite happens, an odd wall of careless questions appears. A kind of brain drain where the players are not thinking because they would rather not. The tendency of players to not think depends on how little thinking the game required at baseline, but a careless audience is a hint that the audience isn't having fun. However it is really hard to know if the answer is easy to discover or not as the developer who made the game, because the dev knows everything about their game and sometimes the answer really is so difficult to find as a normal player who just walked into the game.

In short, the swamp does not contain fun content or have purpose in enabling fun content. The entire game is a collection of mazes but a slow-travelling maze (swamp) fatigues players. There are not major prizes to motivate players so they don't get invigorated enough to play through the full length of a perceptibly longer area, making the swamp a place were player interest dwindles as they hope the game has cool fun stuff beyond this area that feels long and lacks it.

Last edited:

Moon2587

May 7, 2021
I want to say the game is very different in a good way in that the transformations and sex actually in integrated quite well into the gameplay. I don't know what I would have come up with if someone asked me to describe a system that did that, but now it would be this game. So kudos for that. You honestly have a cool concept going here and I can't wait to see what you come up with next.

I do kinda hope for a goblin transformation though, since everyone seems to be asking/requesting species TFs. Having a party of transformed hero goblin girls just feels both funny and fun to me.

Axis3123

Apr 1, 2020
I want to say the game is very different in a good way in that the transformations and sex actually in integrated quite well into the gameplay. I don't know what I would have come up with if someone asked me to describe a system that did that, but now it would be this game. So kudos for that. You honestly have a cool concept going here and I can't wait to see what you come up with next.

I do kinda hope for a goblin transformation though, since everyone seems to be asking/requesting species TFs. Having a party of transformed hero goblin girls just feels both funny and fun to me.
Shortstack represent, eh? I dig it.

In terms of transformations though, I wonder how many more are planned if this is the half-way point of the game being completed (based on the 0.5.2 release). Maybe more humanoids, like goblins as you suggested, or vampires, or oni mayhaps? Maybe more beast-like stuff? There's still room here. I think the one limiting factor is the paper-doll direction, since maybe there must be a height difference for being shorter than a dwarf, and on the animations, it shows up fine. Mostly speculation, so eh.=, could be wrong.

LhasaPanda

Dec 4, 2021
I saw male pregnancy in the settings, tried searching it in the thread a bit.

Am I missing something here? Despite how much anal dick riding I'm forcing on the males I'm assuming pregnancies can only happen vaginally w/ some sort of transformation giving them a vagina/womb.

Lewdboys

Jan 15, 2019
1721118591380.png

guys anyone know why i got this game crash ?

i want to use Dwarf Character to get pregnant but i got this when i tried to use "brothel"

DazDatDaZ

Jul 11, 2024
Bug of the 5.50 version.
1. Error when storing item into base storage.
Item tried: immortal gem, bag, any armor
2. Missing 2nd knife/dagger
Bug5.50.PNG Bug2-5.50.PNG

Last edited:
Jan 26, 2018
i keep getting a pregnancy crash, turned character in succubus using potion and tried to impregnate, used the pass several days option get error message than crash

4.10 star(s) 8 Votes