VN - Ren'Py - Completed - Descent [v1.0] [Ryder77]

1. 1.00 star(s)

Avakao

A game where you'll play with a Doormat. If you enjoy a whiny MC that'll never talk back and will accept being abused, humiliated, especially if you want the ridiculous "Lesbian" route this game has, then you're gonna love it.
    If you like characters with charisma, an MC with personality, and a good lesbian romance, or a female LI. Then avoid this one.
    Choices are pointless, Female MC is whiny and pathetic, and the female LI is worse than having a relationship with the men. Seriously, Eve, from this game won from me as the worst Female LI I've ever seen from any VN game I've played, ever.
  2. 4.00 star(s)

_Alexandru_

When evaluating or playing the game please keep in mind that this is the first game of the creator. You will find out there games with a better story, with better animation or girl.
    But for what I have to say, I believe that my time on this game was worth it.

Story:
    The game is based more on less in situation where offering sex make the MC go further. (while cheating on her boyfriend, fucking ugly guys or fucking a stupid bitch). If you are not into this I suggest putting the game down and look for something else.
    I can accept NTR in games, but the way Eve is enforced on the MC was not very pleasant. Otherwise the story goes well, you know what to expect and you also get few interesting moments. The technical side of the lawyer life bring depth to the game, so I want to congrat the dev for this.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Gameplay
    The boyfriend arc is very dry. Whatever you do you either end up with or he end up getting engage with your colleague. No difference in between. The game is intended for choises, but in the end they are quite limited: you are given the choise to refuse Eve, but in the majority of cases, you still get to Eve.

Animation/details
    The second dress Christine wears is not well done and it looks a bit off. It would have been interesting to see also a sex scene with the boyfriend taking in consideration that you have also a faithful path.
  3. 4.00 star(s)

goldingrod

Good game - would have liked some more combination endings too though. The boyfriend arc also felt very binary with little or no control over the eventual outcome. Relationship gauges would also be helpful.
  4. 2.00 star(s)

Casual Voyeur

I second what several other reviewers have already stated:
    Descent is a decent adult visual novel ruined by a lack of control over the MC.

I simply cannot stand choice-based VNs which are inevitably forcing stuff on you.

I quit right after Christine got a tattoo while being drugged (just like her I don't like tattoos at all).

It's too bad because Descent started off as a promising VN with an interesting setting.

If you don't mind the MC constantly getting pushed around, you will probably enjoy Descent much more than I did.
  5. 5.00 star(s)

Scarlett's nightmare

One of the few games here that really stuck with me and that in some ways transcends the game it was inspired from.

It's nasty and unapologetic in some ways and sweet in others. In terms of corruption gameplay, I really do love the way the story unfolds. Few devs can pull this off so well.

There is many options and they all result in very different endings.

Play it. You won't be disappointed.

Make another game, Ryder77! Now! ;)
  6. 4.00 star(s)

will_990

At first, many thanks to Ryder77 for creating this game, I'd almost missed out on that one. :) IMO, its good.

- The story of Christine and her acquaintances is thoroughly thought out, especially the concept (and inner thinking) of the female mc; the other characters are mostly archetypes (but well depicted). Some good "surprise/mystery boxes" as well. There are a few "plot holes" here and there, all in all however it was interesting to read. The very specifics of law procedures - which I don't understand enough to say wether they're correct or not - sometimes seem a bit much but they're mostly woven into the lawyer story-tale so I don't complain.
    - I did miss a specific route for the mc and her advisary Eric together, as the corruption concept would've fitted perfectly here, but that's the setting.
    - The "after reports" / epilogues are also fine (again, some plot holes, oh well...).
    - The se. scenes were all well placed and overall sufficient. This reminds me very much of a classic softcore movie of the 90ies (an actual plot, some spicy scenes, good looking femmes...). ;-)
    - The graphics, as some have already pointed out, are a bit...rigid/constrained. The changing of the mc's clothes over time (related to karma points, I guess?) does fit very well into the game. No se. animations either but I don't care.
    - I do care however about the whole concept of "descent" aka the main topic, as there's actually no "freely" given sex scene at all, especially not between Christine and her boyfriend (at least I didn't encounter a single one in my 2 playthroughs, perhaps because of career choices?). Instead, the scenes are all based on thoughts/decisions (career or not) or entirely "forced upon" by others (even/especially by Eve). I don't think it should be that way in a se. game but everyone to their liking...

All in all, many thanks again for your work and the game. :)
  7. 4.00 star(s)

Swats86

Underrated game - it's not really long, and there are many creative endings. I disliked the fact that the main character has to either give sexual favors or be fired (basically). But I enjoyed the main character and Eve's interactions. Would recommend playing through the game several times and choosing different options (even if it looks like it's instantly losing) to see all the ending. Would love to have a mod just for the endings.
  8. 4.00 star(s)

Turitar707

Good fun...takes some time until you can make some decisions. Thats fine and I think the story is exciting...very exciting...so in my mind it is a little bit sad that the sex-scenes are kinda short with such good story behind.
  9. 2.00 star(s)

oysterkeeper

The game is ok at best I guess. The renders and scenes are subpar in my opinion and although the story premise is interesting I'm not too sure I was a fan. Pretty much every decision had a benefit to her work and a clear negative for morals which is a good and a bad thing. It kind of didn't feel like a game. I always had to have consequences for my actions. It makes for a slightly realistic setting but it wasn't tremendously fun for me.

The mc is consistently blackmailed I think at one point she mentioned she didn't have a password or something stupid :KEK:. You have to unavoidably get roofied and screwed endlessy by a college student... Do I need to go on? It was just tragic situation after another. It felt like the MC wasn't even a person. She just always had to abide to others.

I feel this game should have strived for giving the player choices. You can choose to be submissive to others or actually be able to nut up and fight. It gets boring when time after time you just get burned.

I unfortunately would not recommend this game. As much as I appreciate fem protagonist games and games that manage to accomplish the "completed" tag, I feel the story, the renders, and the poor MC make this game just unfun and more draining than anything else. This is pretty much my only review where I totally do not think the game is worth playing.
  10. 5.00 star(s)

Kwakku

Very well written, interesting characters, excellent use of 3D models and lighting, sex is functional to the story and has great pacing. It's clear that this game is made with love by someone who did it for their own pleasure and not just for milking horny teens on patreon. All in all one of the best non professional visual novels I've played.
  11. 1.00 star(s)

Sothyr

Playing an stupid (->internt password) female intern who can only be succesfull by cheating or accepting sexual coercion is not really something I like to play.

After it happend a second time in a row, I stopped the game. Tried another route and wanted to puke when I saw her kissing Dmitri. After this I deleted the game.

I can live with females using seduction, HJ, BJ or other ways to get what they want.

But this kind of descent I do not like to play. But the name of the game does fit after all.
  12. 2.00 star(s)

voodeuxthatyoudo

A good game with lots of open ended choices that will take you to end-game.

...I mean at least it is if your specific choice is to become an alcoholic bisexual pig fucker into old dick and random pussy that you'll munch down on in a bathroom stall.
    So as long as you're willing to make that specific choice then your options are unlimited. /sarcasm.
  13. 2.00 star(s)

jose100

Another game where the female mc is harassed in her day to day either by her superiors or even by a third character, Eve in this case. I think devs should look up a little bit more to stoperArt and his JOHN game. What I mean is that you can make a game where the female mc has sex AND decide it by herself without having a game over. Don't get me wrong, I like hard stuff too, its just it is a little bit annoying when the games with female protagonists are always about the forced sex. This is one of them, I played it entirely and you can't have sex because you want it, not even with your bf, its always about don't losing your job or pure blackmail.
  14. 5.00 star(s)

kutya1313

This is the one of the best games in my opinion. The story is quite exciting, and the decisions can significantly affecting the end. The pronagolist is very nice and attractive woman. But the story can be a longer, I hope Ryder77 will make a continuation of this game with the Eve storyline :)
  15. 5.00 star(s)

DynEggs

Just sublime.

Quirky and well developed characters, believable and interesting story, hypercharged sexuality, a whole lot a different endings that depend on players decisions and a whole lot more.

Great 3D design and overall sexy and well made visuals.

Love it!
  16. 1.00 star(s)

Shanyrpg

Hey there and thanks for the game! I appreciate the time and effort you took (the dev) to make it.
    This being said..... here is my honest opinion (please take it with a grain of salt) :

It`s not my cup of tea.
    It feels like i`m strong-armed into taking the decisions the game ( or the dev) wants me to take...... and every time i try to choose ``the good path`` or to overcome the hardships ``with integrity``, somehow i end up in a bad and cr**py situation ...like there is always a catch. For me, there was no ``feel good moment`` during the entirety of the game because of that.... I preferred the fast ending - getting fired ( or getting a job at another `mid-tier` company:) .

Maybe the concept flew over my head or maybe i was expecting something else from it. I`m pretty sure there are people here who really enjoy this game and i`m happy for them...
    Again, thanks for the time and effort you`ve put into it and i`m looking forward to your next project ( hoping that it`ll win me over).
  17. 5.00 star(s)

Mwanted

A free game, and one of the best. Contrary to most adult games out there, where they go all in on the graphics area and skip all the rest, this one is well written, well thought, with the perfect amount of paths, choices and consequences (though you'll always want more :)) and with a pretty artistic comparment too. You'll grow attached to the characters and the events, never out of place (not like those that trow out a scene that makes no sense just to please some audience) and often pretty hot. I wish there could be more adult games with this high quality out there, kudos to the developer.
  18. 4.00 star(s)

Tokoy

Game is very good with a good plot.
    However, story paths seems somehow inevitable. But this is only for players that seek full game content.
    Developer should give more feedback to player. The two feedbacks given, are somehow useless. So, you can't notice which path are u leading to. It's more like a random choice.

+ PROS
    - Good Plot
    - Interesting protagonist
    - Female Corruption
    - Good renderings, but could improve

- CONS
    - Too much dialog for me (more like a japanese visual novel)
    - Need more sex content and long duration during scenes.
    - I wish more freedom while playing
  19. 2.00 star(s)

TheG0G0Man

This game has some bad advertising stating the you make the choices when in fact you don't you are ever delaying the inevitable, get a game over or the game says "non of your choices making during this scene because the result is the same"
  20. 1.00 star(s)

grtrader

Rating this as of its completion.
    The two stars come from art work and that it plays well.
    If you like fan gratification give don't give two craps about it being even remotely realistic it will be right up your alley.

The Main Character has to be the dumbest lawyer I in the world. How she could make it through law school being this stupid is beyond me. Many opertunities to put the screws to the law firm and instead lets them run all over her. One of the first things I learned when it came to law was CYA cover your ass. Get whatever and as much proof always. If you need to be sneaky and covert do so. Even if you can't use it legally you can use it as blackmail or a means to guarantee your protection. So the fact she never records crap is beyond ridiculous. I keep 3 digital recorders plus my phones. Plus cameras and so on.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

This by far isn't the only incident she could have turned the tables on them not in the least bit.

It would be nice just once if the girl who is supposedly smart enough to get to where she is at the start of the game actually acts like she is that smart or at least has those options made available to her or the player to use.

I get why they chose to make her act that dumb its because it would take more work actual thinking to create the situations in which she is forced into it.

I started off deleting it at the next issue. Then put it back and continued to see how much worse it gets. Guess it's like watching a train wreck in slow motion. You get to one point were you are asked yes or no a bunch of times but clicking NO does nothing you still are forced to do what is wanted.

So at that point I figure fuck it you are along for the ride because the author really doesn't give two shits about what the player wants he just wants it to go his way. So click the selection that leads that way. This turns out to be even more true when you meet Turnball. You are given the oppertunity to explain and you have ZERO option that allows you to tell the truth that your character has been blackmailed setup and compromised by the scum he has working for his lawfirm. The idea she would have any feelings about still wanting to work for this group after all this crap going on is ridiculous.

In fact at this point I am subtracting another star reducing it to 1 because it just has to many issues for me. And I am deleting it now.