Xo Mo

Game Developer
Aug 12, 2020
0.08c Overview review (not going to rate this game until it's more complete in 3+ more updates)

I just played through until it shows every Quest as "to be continued..."

The renders are good, the atmospheric style is very nice, the story premise is strong, but I felt kind of...
bored? with it all...

8-13 possible locations to visit per day, but only 2-3 actions available per day, many of which are "replay" events, with all but 2-3 locations locked out completely every day... It leaves the game feeling incomplete, which I know it is... It leaves players (or is it just me?) feeling like each day is a single 3-5 minute event and "TIME FOR BED" happens... with very few exceptions.

I'm not trying to be negative, simply critiquing the lack of any content or enjoyable events. Yeah, there are some action moments, a few sexy things, but they're presented so casually, they lose any sense of "wow" factor or ability to arouse players.

Maybe it's my personal preference for women with smaller proportions, or maybe it's the slow pace, or maybe it's the (lack of depth in the) lighting in a lot of scenes...

I will give it another go in a couple of updates (I like to skip every other update to get more content per download)... I don't know if this helps or hinders the dev. Keep going, maybe consider filling in "stuff to do" or "people to talk with" or even "have sex with her" for some more characters? Something to do in the greyed-out, locked areas of the home or other places.

Xo Mo

Game Developer
Aug 12, 2020
I can't remember now if the game specifies when girls begin serving at the temple, but unless they start at something like 12 to 14 years old, wouldn't they be beyond the age of healthy childbearing — for themselves or their children? Then again, there are mutants and decayed in this world, so maybe people are generally physically more durable when it comes to pregnancies and the toll those play on a woman's body.
Medically speaking... in some cultures, even today, and definitely throughout history, the moment a young woman has her first menstrual cycle, she is capable of conception. Some even before that. I know it's considered extreme taboo and disgusting to think about. I am not going into that. I am speaking medically, it's possible. With medical support, some women as old as age 50 can still bear children, if given proper nutritional and supplementary supervision throughout their pregnancy. I mean, Janet Jackson literally had a child at age 51 (She was born 1966, her child was born 2017), so that's a possibility.

Kargan3033

Jan 2, 2020
Medically speaking... in some cultures, even today, and definitely throughout history, the moment a young woman has her first menstrual cycle, she is capable of conception. Some even before that. I know it's considered extreme taboo and disgusting to think about. I am not going into that. I am speaking medically, it's possible. With medical support, some women as old as age 50 can still bear children, if given proper nutritional and supplementary supervision throughout their pregnancy. I mean, Janet Jackson literally had a child at age 51 (She was born 1966, her child was born 2017), so that's a possibility.
Basically the whole " If they are old enough to bleed, they are old enough to breed. " type deal eh?

What you say about the past is true but with the so called *advances* in so called *civilized* socieity the focus of reporduction seems to be all over the place when it comes to the *breeding* age of human females because back in the *bad old days* older female were more likely to die in childbirth then they are now which makes me wonder about the so called *morality* regarding sex and sexuality in this shitty days we call *civilized* society and how it affetcs people's perceptions on sexual morality in the younger generations.

oceanbobo4

Feb 12, 2021
Played the update from where I left off last time to the end. Then started over and played the whole thing, making new saves with different choices.

Then when I tried to open it again, I got the exception below before the game even started. (Before this, I also deleted version 6 and 7 of this game from my computer.)

So, I unzipped the game again, and tried again. Same exception. Maybe this is a problem with my computer because it says "The file or directory is corrupted and unreadable." But I'm not sure about that because when I unzipped the game again, shouldn't it have copied to a different location on my drive?

---------------
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

Before loading the script.
WindowsError: [Error 1392] The file or directory is corrupted and unreadable: u'F:\\bdsm comics selection\\DesertStalker-0.08b-pc/game/images/Days\\*.*'

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "renpy/bootstrap.py", line 331, in bootstrap
renpy.main.main()
File "renpy/main.py", line 427, in main
renpy.loader.index_archives()
File "renpy/loader.py", line 253, in index_archives
for dir, fn in listdirfiles(): # @ReservedAssignment
File "renpy/loader.py", line 439, in listdirfiles
scandirfiles()
File "renpy/loader.py", line 339, in scandirfiles
i(add, seen)
File "renpy/loader.py", line 410, in scandirfiles_from_filesystem
for j in walkdir(i):
File "renpy/loader.py", line 276, in walkdir
for fn in walkdir(dir + "/" + i):
File "renpy/loader.py", line 276, in walkdir
for fn in walkdir(dir + "/" + i):
File "renpy/loader.py", line 266, in walkdir
for i in os.listdir(dir):
WindowsError: [Error 1392] The file or directory is corrupted and unreadable: u'F:\\bdsm comics selection\\DesertStalker-0.08b-pc/game/images/Days\\*.*'

Windows-7-6.1.7601-SP1
Ren'Py 7.4.11.2266

Wed Jan 5 15:43:22 2022

3DReaver

Formerly 'grohotor'
May 15, 2020
the fact that they could have children doesn't mean that they did, at least not to the extent people think they did. People have this idea that because they got married at a earlier age it meant they used to have children at like <16 or something but it wasn't that common because it was fucking dangerous and they knew it. Some nobles got married at like 12 or something but the first child is usually in their late teens early 20s

DogzBallz

Sep 30, 2021
AFAIK about age and pregnancy, if the woman first pregnancy is in her youth, the later pregnancies are not that risky, but having the first in 30-40s are more complicated. I don't know what is the reason behind it.
[/QUOTE]
After about 30 women start producing less eggs and the eggs they produce are more likely to contain defects. Same problem I have with my chickens. Funny timing as I personally think 30 is about the hottest age for women.

DogzBallz

Sep 30, 2021
We should make a poll, did you leave or take her?
And yes, I made a save there as well
I took her with, I wasn't sure if it was NTR or not to have some monster eat her, so I decided to I'd play it safe to avoid negative comments later.

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
Basically the whole " If they are old enough to bleed, they are old enough to breed. " type deal eh?

What you say about the past is true but with the so called *advances* in so called *civilized* socieity the focus of reporduction seems to be all over the place when it comes to the *breeding* age of human females because back in the *bad old days* older female were more likely to die in childbirth then they are now which makes me wonder about the so called *morality* regarding sex and sexuality in this shitty days we call *civilized* society and how it affetcs people's perceptions on sexual morality in the younger generations.
While what you say is true for our society, keep in mind that technology is extremely lacking in the world of the Desert Stalkers. Unless they have someone like Pepper looking out for them, I highly doubt they'll get any of the technological assistance you describe, and they almost certainly also won't have the nutrition level you've mentioned.

Since this is a semi-primitive society, I would assume their tech understanding is more on the level of 19th to early 20th century equivalent at best. That would obviously depend on what tech; vehicles are well-known among them, but medical treatises would probably be few and far between. While it's possible they might have the knowledge for what you describe, I think it's pretty unlikely.

Reactions: Kargan3033

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
I took her with, I wasn't sure if it was NTR or not to have some monster eat her, so I decided to I'd play it safe to avoid negative comments later.
I don't think that type of eating classifies as NTR
IDK, would you count Hive Girl as a LI? If so, would her being consumed constitute vore? Does vore of the MC's LI count as NTR? The greater questions of the universe may never be answered.

3xtreme

Jan 5, 2017
I just looked at the banner in the OP, can you remind me who is the second girl from the right?

Alfius

Engaged Member
Modder
Sep 30, 2017
I just finished the game yesterday and I do not recall seeing her in the game. The closest one to her was the merchant in the decay camp. She had a similar mask and head cover, so you could not see her haircut. Their build is not quite the same though. The one in the banner has a slimmer built. The merchant is quite short and not really slim.

Gonna look some more.

Reactions: -CookieMonster666-

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
I just looked at the banner in the OP, can you remind me who is the second girl from the right?
I just finished the game yesterday and I do not recall seeing her in the game. The closest one to her was the merchant in the decay camp. She had a similar mask and head cover, so you could not see her haircut. Their build is not quite the same though. The one in the banner has a slimmer built. The merchant is quite short and not really slim.

Gonna look some more.
OK, I found her. She's currently a very minor character.

Guarding the door before you fuck the two raider sisters. You only see her in a far of shot, but it's definitely her.
Ah, nice. I knew she was a Raider, but I didn't recall seeing her. It was definitely neither Kyra nor Asha (the two sisters you mentioned). I didn't remember her because, other than Asani I couldn't think of any other girls from interactions with Raiders.

And, of course, Asani has cut ties with the Raiders so isn't one anymore. I really hope she eventually comes to live with the Stalker and his family, but we'll have to see.

Reactions: 3xtreme and Alfius
4.80 star(s) 589 Votes