Mod Ren'Py Desert Stalker [v0.15c] [Zetan] Walkthrough & Gallery Unlock Mod [AdanGC Mods] [Ripson]

4.30 star(s) 11 Votes

ThtsMyScrtCapImAlwysHorny

Aug 5, 2021
Where are you guys seeing that there's even going to be an 0.9c? As far as I can see on the dev's public Patreon posts and the most recent progress report shared here, it look like the next update will be 0.10, in god knows how many months. Obviously having the mod not be updated for compatibility with the most current, bug-fixed version in the interim would be far from ideal. (Unless it already works fine with .9b as-is, of course, in which case the OP should be updated to say so.)
Update: looks like there is indeed going to be a version 0.9c.

left1000

Sep 13, 2020
Where? It was released last month on Patreon but still 0.9b here
The official post from last month is just set to public now.

I guess that's why no one noticed? It's not a new post, it's just a tier adjustment to make an old post public? Hence why I wanted to remind people. I didn't include the link at first because I didn't think I was supposed to link to patreon here.

Reactions: Hornyowl

Aug 5, 2021
0.9c is out now if mod author is reading this.
If you want to make sure someone sees your post, you want to tag them, since they might not be watching the thread. Here's how: type @ followed by the username with no space between, and you get AdanGC Mods.

...hi AdanGC, just making sure you knew the update was out, take your time. :)

Abibliboop

Oct 21, 2018
what does choosing to "Shani Help", "Shani Self", "Shani Sneak", Shani Fight"? and what does it influence?
Think it probably dictates whether you wind up getting both daughters or if she ditches you for someone else, but not sure as she doesn't seem to be overly developed as LI potential yet (probably also affects how she does missions).

Orpheus22

Jun 10, 2020
Think it probably dictates whether you wind up getting both daughters or if she ditches you for someone else, but not sure as she doesn't seem to be overly developed as LI potential yet (probably also affects how she does missions).
understood, thanks)

eightypercent

Apr 2, 2020
I think people need to try and start thinking for themselves; this mod is version 0.09a which was created for version 0.09a of the game. Read the CHANGELOG; versions 0.09b and 0.09c are minor bug fixes and have no impact on the game itself in terms of story. So Mod version 0.09a works with VN versions 0.09a/0.09b/0.09c.

Please remember, they allow you to vote... so THINK.

Aug 5, 2021
I think people need to try and start thinking for themselves; this mod is version 0.09a which was created for version 0.09a of the game. Read the CHANGELOG; versions 0.09b and 0.09c are minor bug fixes and have no impact on the game itself in terms of story. So Mod version 0.09a works with VN versions 0.09a/0.09b/0.09c.

Please remember, they allow you to vote... so THINK.

EDIT: I may be misremembering the discussion in the game thread, but I could swear the b and c updates do in fact add a small amount of new content, even if that isn't reflected in the changelog. But looking at the Patreon post, I see the changelog is from the devs themselves, so there's a good chance I am wrong there. Either way, unzipping and examining the contents of the mod, I see that it overwrites most of the script files with ones modified from 0.09a that still contain the bugs the later updates patched out, so no, you can't just apply the 0.09a mod to the 0.09b/c game and expect everything to work right. At that point you've basically turned your game back into 0.09a with all its bugs intact; most notably, you're going back to the 0.09a version of the basement script, which means you've reintroduced the feeding scene infinite loop bug.

Last edited:

asero7k

Jul 3, 2021
EDIT: I may be misremembering the discussion in the game thread, but I could swear the b and c updates do in fact add a small amount of new content, even if that isn't reflected in the changelog. But looking at the Patreon post, I see the changelog is from the devs themselves, so there's a good chance I am wrong there. Either way, unzipping and examining the contents of the mod, I see that it overwrites most of the script files with ones modified from 0.09a that still contain the bugs the later updates patched out, so no, you can't just apply the 0.09a mod to the 0.09b/c game and expect everything to work right. At that point you've basically turned your game back into 0.09a with all its bugs intact; most notably, you're going back to the 0.09a version of the basement script, which means you've reintroduced the feeding scene infinite loop bug.
Hello.
I made my own version of this mod, for Desert Stalker 9c. I did it for myself, since the mod was not updated for version 9c. As mentioned above, I didn't notice any major changes in the scripts between version 9a and version 9c, with the exception of changes related to the basement. But I'm not a developer or a mod maker, I'm new and doing this for the first time. Maybe I missed something. I did not have time to fully test my version of this mod. But if you want to try it, I'm attaching it to the post.
The main thing is not to forget to keep the original version of 9с. And if you find any problems, please let me know.

Tumai

Sep 1, 2019
The silence is kind of odd. From what I remember, Adan is pretty quick with his updates or at least communicative. :unsure:

Aug 5, 2021
Hello.
I made my own version of this mod, for Desert Stalker 9c. I did it for myself, since the mod was not updated for version 9c. As mentioned above, I didn't notice any major changes in the scripts between version 9a and version 9c, with the exception of changes related to the basement. But I'm not a developer or a mod maker, I'm new and doing this for the first time. Maybe I missed something. I did not have time to fully test my version of this mod. But if you want to try it, I'm attaching it to the post.
The main thing is not to forget to keep the original version of 9с. And if you find any problems, please let me know.
So has anybody taken the plunge and tested this thing?

Hornyowl

Jun 4, 2020
The silence is kind of odd. From what I remember, Adan is pretty quick with his updates or at least communicative. :unsure:
I dunno..he just updated the WT for New Earth.

AdanGC Mods just wondering if you are going to update this walkthrough? You said you were waiting for v0.09c which has been available for a while now. If not, then at least say something.

4.30 star(s) 11 Votes