Ren'Py - Desert Stalker [v0.16 Beta] [Zetan]

1. 5.00 star(s)

puffyyumi

Longtime lurker here. But I had to log in and post my first ever review because Desert Stalker is NUTS (y)(y)

This game has amazing potential, immersive world building, and--best of all--characters who are SEXY AS FUCK!!! This game truly is a diamond in the rough for fans of post-apocalyptic setting and hardcore male domination. I lost count of how many times I busted a nut ;)

On a more serious note:

Despite the incessant debates over whether the game is too gory or whether it should include an NTR option, I for one applaud Zetan for more or less sticking to his guns and incorporating violent sexual themes and NTR. I've been following this game closely since its initial release because I recognize this developer's courage to defy the nauseating sex game cliches and develop HIS vision of the game on HIS own terms.

So, big props to Zetan!! And if you don't mind me pitching in my two cents, no scene so far has topped that very first one with the raider girl Asha being humiliated. I'd LOVE to see more degrading sex scenes like that (it could be another option if some people prefer to do without the hardcore) :love::love: That would make this game even more fucking AWESOME!
  2. 5.00 star(s)

Singleminded

I really enjoy the setting and worldbuilding that has clearly gone into this. It's compelling without being overly technical. The girls' models are also really excellent, especially the wife and daughters. I appreciate the variety of different approaches that the game allows you to take in every situation, both plot related and sexual.
  3. 5.00 star(s)

nuclearbomb

Review based on v0.05:

Do you want to live out your power play fantasy where all the different L.I's can be treated in the way you like? Be it rough and strict or kind and lovingly? Do you want a game where violence actually is violence (Blood, beheading etc) ? Do you want a game with a interesting and new kind of story, with sandbox elements that arent only there to pad out the game length? Then this game has that and so much more to offer. Great looking characters, hot sex scenes, an interesting and overall good phased story, a negative is that the story does a couple of times just jump from setting to setting without much explanation, like when you are taking the family to the market the story goes from the house to the market abruptly, just feels rushed and should have had a short scene there which would have fixed that issue. Its got a few more like that but nothing that takes you too far out of the game. Playtime so far is about 2 hours if you don't rush through it.

Oh and since I know some will ask... The sharing (Or NTR for some) is 100% optional!! Before the first scene you are asked if this is content you would like to see or disable, hitting disable will remove all future sharing content and you will live out your life with a harem where sharing was never a question. People saying anything different are just lying.

TL;DR: Highly recommended if you are looking for a little rougher adult game.
  4. 1.00 star(s)

Krugger

Version: v0.05

Review:
    I feel like I've been tricked when I saw high rating, but wait, the problem is that the game has a size of approximately 2.25gb and there is almost nothing. I don't mean the game is bad, but I mean it's too short, as if it were a demo.
    History:
    At the moment you have some interest, but after a few minutes you've already lost your interest and starts letting the game continue, will read a short passage, will read another, just to choose certain decisions, which at the moment will not influence much, just some things that I will explain shortly afterwards, which in this case is the gameplay.
    Gameplay:
    This is the critical point of the game, where you think it's a sandbox but it's a very short game. Is it a sandbox that works? yea, but it could be cleaner. Example, you are playing and a quest pop-up appears, you do it but don't say it's completed. And then you have to go and see to see if it was completed or not, but making it clear that there is not much difference, because you are going to do it, the problem is that there is no sequel, as most likely the continuation will be for the next update. The game is only 5 days and you can do things now because the game will tell you what to do, which is good. But don't waste your time, after you've done all the interactions the game asked for, there's nothing to do and close the game.
    Graphics & Sexual Content:
    The graphics aren't good, what's really good are the girls' renderings, not all, but Ain, Zhara and Shani are very good, the others, it will depend on your taste, as I said, there are good and bad renderings, but it's normal.
    There are few sex scenes, some are good and some are reasonable, but the game is a bit short, unfortunately, so there wasn't much to enjoy. You can check the images in the game folder, if you don't want to waste your time.

Why I did gave 1 star?
    The game has potential, because it's a game that has a different story and a different theme, but I don't want to say that it's good, at the moment it isn't. The game has 1.7gb of JPG images but there's not much, yes, that's impressive. In addition to the gameplay being quite short, anyway, I cut all the cheapness in saying about the images folder, the game's secret is there. I hope the developer improves his ren'py engine (this is not bad) and that he manages to organize himself, make the game more optimized, how can I say, because you think, a game that contains 2.35gb has a lot of content, but no, it doesn't even take 30 minutes of gameplay. So the character models as I mentioned are great, then it would be a sad waste of time. At the moment I don't recommend it.
  5. 5.00 star(s)

ImmortalKaiser6

Excellent. I must admit that this game (for me) holds probably the most potential of any game here. What started out as something I thought would fizzle out like so many before, has continually grown with each update. Beautiful renders, intriguing storyline, surprisingly good immersion/fantasy fulfillment, and even a decent amount of choice. The recent UI overhaul really sealed my hopes and recommendation for this game as it was very well done (while style not overly complex or time consuming for the player) and I think shows the creator's interest and commitment.

There is still a while to go, but it is already a wonderful game as is, with much promise for the future. I don't even really have any cons, other than the lack of a strong gallery, but I do hope that choices have more carry over in the future, events at the home receive further focus, and that choices/options remain a priority (please, please don't force lesbian content, a simple choice option before it would be so easy and be a God sent to players like me). But really that's just hopes for the future. Again, right now it's an excellent game and one of my biggest recommendations.
  6. 5.00 star(s)

Ulrich37

This is still early, the story still rolling out, characters and places still being explored and the world expanded.
    And it's one of the best titles out there. It's damn near flawless. Great scenes, great characters, fantastic models. When this gets an update, is jumps straight to the front of the Queue. GREAT job here, please support this game!
  7. 5.00 star(s)

Ooh

One the BEST DAMN GAMES PERIOD

After reviewing and playing so many of the games I LOVE the feeling of being hit with something new. In this case, gore in a dystopian future done extremely well. Im not a fan of gore unless I'm watching horror or playing Fall Out but man is it done impressively and immersive.

PROS
    - Dialogue is awesome, story was interesting, so much so I barely CTRL Skipped
    - Ain is one of the sexiest models on this site and my new waifu. Jeez did I get diamond
    - The game is awesome and it doesnt give off the feel of other games that parody a genre and try too hard. Its gritty, in your face, and has a decent amount of fap
    - Sandbox in this game is the best on this site HANDS DOWN. Should be the golden standard for sandbox. Scenes move along like a VN and then you have markers to tell you how to advance the story. Some scenes are repeatable if you miss them.
    - COMPLETE CHOICE
    - MC is not some douche, he doesnt look or sound like a teenage boy, he doesnt get pushed around by anyone, he will BANG A GIRL right in front of the other ones and does not care. That choice alone made me diamonds. Especially the scene where you get to grope a certain character in front of a character to make her jealous but not have any real consequence if you do.
    - Models are unique and HOT

CONS
    -No Rollback
    -No Gallery
    THATS ABOUT IT!!

Play this game!!! For goodness sake. I dare someone to give it anything under a 5. Finally another game that lives up to the hype. All the kinks (sharing, gore...etc) can be turned off at anytime and you always have a choice. Playing a game like this and then playing another game from a different dev with horrible mechanics/ blueballing bs and terrible updates will truly make you appreciate a dev like this. PLAY THIS GAME.
  8. 5.00 star(s)

Gwb2006

This game was a bit of a surprise. The world and the story are engaging and interesting. The scenes are good and the choices allow you enough freedom to actually play around and role play a character. The sandbox dynamics, which I usually dislike in games, are done very well. There's just enough to get you to click around, but not so much that clicking around becomes a chore, and the next story mission is clearly marked on the home screen. I'm thoroughly looking forward to further updates.
  9. 5.00 star(s)

JLP603

UNIQUE. That is the first thing that comes to my mind when thinking of this game. It also has actually interesting and eventful events in the game in line with it's apocalyptic dystopian setting! The game has a dark atmosphere with a couple of dark scenes stuff like the characters being open to incest, slavery, sexual degradation (girl being used as a toilet), indirectly shown canabalism, straight up gore and torture and so on. so yeah if you cant stand this stuff AT ALL then this game isnt for you. But if you can handle it being shown once or twice and are fine with dark stuff it isn't being done to any of the major characters then I don't think it will ruin your experience.
  10. 5.00 star(s)

gatoconak

Probably my favourite art I have seen in F95. Girls are so sexy.
    Plot is cool. I vote 5 stars even tough I dislike gore (didnt turn it off so I dont miss any content). I would have voted 3 or 4 stars for NTR but is avoidable
    (I even played the NTR to see all the CGs, and even got turned on) so this game is just perfect. Only thing is that I saw only 2 updates in many months, if this game starts uploading more frequently, I will surely become a patron.
    Keep up the great work.
  11. 5.00 star(s)

Smilingjack4

Absolutely fucking great. Consistent tone, great sex/plot ratio, the fetishes are satisfyingly presented.

I'd call this one a competent nukige, where you can enjoy the story too, as it does a great job at providing meaningful context to the sex, doesn't get bogged down in exposition dumps, and still tells you everything you need to know.

Extra kudos for the option of seeing Shani's visit to the palace or letting the player know from only what she tells you. Usually when I'm shown scenes the MC isn't there for, I lean on Ctrl, so letting me decide was a nice touch.

I hope the work and your standards for it brings you the success you deserve.
  12. 5.00 star(s)

oceanbobo4

Feels like you're in a movie. And the male domination and the roles and rules in the wasteland society feel real, as if they are the primitive truth. All the characters are distinct. The motivations are clear. The renders are beautiful.
  13. 5.00 star(s)

Gosamr

Perfect in its every aspect; place, time, design, storyline, characterization, dialogue, music, pacing and, of course, its main character and the exquisite women around him, all of whom are, in their own way, sensual, exotic, enigmatic and alluring.

So far this is everything one could hope for in an adult visual novel. We are truly blessed indeed to be granted so rare and precious a gift from a consummate creator; Mr/Ms ZetanDS's.

Thank you for the privilege.
  14. 5.00 star(s)

claus001

Dear reader, this is the most based game I have ever played!

Interested? Keep reading! Minor spoilers ahead to give you understanding why this game is so based.

0.4 review ahead:

Many reviewers have compared this game to mad max. Another valid comparison is Conan the Barbarian. In the distant past an eternal fire consumed the earth, and that fire consumed history, cities, humans and morals. What survived is beyond redemption. The rules of lands are following: what you can keep is yours.

In first scene you emerge from ancient grave and see scavengers ambushing you. Instead of being a beta cuck like in so many games in this forum you murder and rape them, telling survivors they are indebtedness towards you because you spared them.

As said, based as fuck :cool:

This game takes place in Egypt, kind of unusual choice, but if you like ruined megacities, ancient pyramids and vast seas of sand this game is for you. Slavery is mandatory and life is short. Firearms have been lost in eternal fire, but cars not, making this game even more based.

You serve a local Queen, make deals and murder mutants, fight against mummies and wonder what the fuck elves are. You have an estate that has a slave pen, houses are for pussies, where a wife and two daughters serve you if you labelled them correctly.

Your wifey is most based female ever, in one scene you decided to claim your slave and told your wife to witness taking her. The slave is worried her getting pregnant and gaining ill will from your family, and to that your wifey replies along lines: "it is duty of master to breed his slaves, and a privilege of slave to be impregnated." Yeah, she is hardcore.

Incest is one of the themes of this game, and understandable some players don't like the idea of sexing with daughters. Unlike in many games here incest is played well, after all humanity was almost wiped out so incest is least of issues of this world. Anyway sex is optional, you can ignore your girls if you wish without ruining the plot.

You are grooming your oldest girl to become an adventurer like you and in that she is absolutely badass. This causes tension because you want to claim her, but if you do that she can't follow your footsteps. I must say this is very unique problem, both options are good but you can take only one. Guaranteed interesting character development ahead.

Younger daughter is more daddy's girl, immature and ready to serve you in front you rest of your family. She doesn't have much content right now, I can only wonder what kind of character development she will have later in this game.

Music, scenes, characters and plot are all well done. In a year this game will be absolutely a gem to play with. Abandon your beta cuckery anon and embrace your inner chadness. Slay your enemies, burn their cities, ride with their cars and embrace their grieving wifes and daughters.
  15. 4.00 star(s)

meridian1

A good albeit short game so far. But it has hoards of potential.

The setting is middle eastern/egyptian post-apocalyptic, kind of prince of persia-esque and mad max style. And it's actually pretty good. It's interesting and mysterious and made well enough, albeit with not a lot of depth so far. We don't know what happened, what's happening in the world, in this part of the world if it's even earth or just a fictional world. Or what's happening with the mummies if there is anything there or they're just enemies to put into a world. We don't know much of what is going on.

You kind of play a mad max-like character. A badass who knows things and can get things done. You serve a queen. And the quests are done alright here, kind of interesting so far. Sometimes you'll even get some good choices in how you want to approach things that the game says will have consequences in the future. So that's nice. The sexual content and incest content is done well. Though ive been spoiled on animation in other games and now i much prefer it to static images, which is what it is in this game for the most part. But the writing and context of the sexual scenes and situations is done really well. The writing in general for the game is high quality. The characters are done well. I love the kind of patriachal culture and society, even though they have a queen. Or maybe rather how much power the desert stalkers have and they can have a harem, even their own daughters. I love how submissive and supporting the wife is, you can even make her watch as you have sex with another woman. Or make your daughter watch as your wife gives you a blowjob, i love that. The game stated specifically to listen to the music so i obliged, and it is good music and fits well with the game.

It's just yeah it's quite early in development, but this looks like it could be one of the best. I look forward to it's future.

Edit: 2 years later, and it's amazing. A must play. One of the best.
  16. 5.00 star(s)

Kiionyx

Amazing storyline. Choices can impact the future of the game or who you have. Beautiful girls and the free roam is quite easy to understand. There is also a decent amount of sex/nude scenes already and probably a lot more to come. I keep coming back to this game just for the interesting story that it brings. Great job by the developer, looking forward to what's to come.

Story 5/5
    Sex/Nudity 4/5
    Characters 5/5
    Renderings 4/5
    Choices 5/5
    Kinks/Fetishes 5/5
  17. 5.00 star(s)

Bossk

Like where this is going so far. looking forward to keeping up with it

Excellent setting, love the idea of it being in a post apocalyptic Egyptian setting.

I normally prefer my games with "family fun" to have a bit more slow burn, but this is a very rare case where the fact that the MC gropes his daughter's naked breast 10 lines after we meet her for the first time is setting appropriate.

This isnt suburban Ohio. modern morality and rules are gone, replaced with a new set of rules and acceptable actions. He doesnt have to make up an excuse to fondle his daughter, in this setting she is his property and its perfectly normal in that society. Its also not presented as some BS "alpha male" fantasy

The MC isn't weak but he also isn't unjustifiably arrogant or cruel. his model is actually well done, doesn't look like a 12 year old boy with a mans body

the dominant choices are not "he's an asshole" option. he takes what's his and what's his he takes, this includes his daughters. his wife, his slaves, his prisoners etc. Presented in a very believable manner due to the setting and circumstances.

The characters are lovely, one of a rare breed where the wife is hotter than the daughters. who are both 10s.
  18. 5.00 star(s)

Kayzee12

The desert sands have blown my mind..The raiders have me hooked onto this drug. This is one fucking hell of a game that has got me for good. A well written story in a post apocalyptic setting, A badass MC, and a bunch of cuties you would die for - If the Jumaji video game console was ever real, I'd be happy to jump eyes closed into this one . A good implemented story and amazingly beautiful characters are some of the highlights of this masterpiece. With that said, I hope to see the [ Completed ] tag on this game and wish the very best to the Dev team. Kudos XD.. Beautiful
  19. F
    3.00 star(s)

FalloutFisto

This might be the only game here which I would gladly give 5 stars. Premise of the game is basically veni,vidi, vici you will get what you want, no wishy washy beta MC, this MC is an alpha veteran treasure hunter-warrior.

Lewd scenes, although few in number as of 0.04, are amazing if you're into male domination. You're building an harem and the girls in it right now are beautiful.

Setting is this Egyptian themed post-apocalyptic kingdom (ruled by a queen whom we get an opportunity to dominate) and devs nail it you definitely get the feeling of being the provider of your household.

Story is great so far but personally it could be mediocre and I wouldn't mind it doesn't affect my rating as long as it's passable.

Language is proper no sign of Ingrish. All in all, heavily recommended.

5/5

--

Edit: My review was based on version 0.04. In 0.05 they added NTR (Shani kissing queen) and sharing (Mom sucking Ain's boobs-this one isn't optional-, Ain sucking off Igor and Asha? sucking off a raider). Yeah it's oPtiONal but this will take up more dev time tbh if I'm not missing any content 0.05 update was lackluster as it is. Completed in 30 min with only one new but bad repeatable action with Shani and if it attracts NTR folks it might get more attention. Additionally we are introduced to a based, strong, independent women Co. So all in all, it's a lot of steps back from what I wanted from this game. All other games have these shits, I wanted a pure power fantasy from this one. But now we will know that NTR and sharing is only one click away... To sum up I'm changing my review to 3/5 lol.
  20. 5.00 star(s)

Sharingan33

Found this game by chance and loved it: the story is very interesting, originality is obviosly this game strong point. The renders are averange or just above averange, nothing special here, but the female characters are very nice and i liked all of them (In particular the older sister Shani reminds me A LOT of Lara Croft/Tom Raider). The only think i don't like is how it's organized the actions menu, it actually shows what actions you can do during the day but i found it very confusing, it could have been done a lot better in my opinion.