Yngling

Nov 15, 2020
The thing about divine right is that it basically boils down to "because I could". I defeated the old king and took his land through force of arms? Clearly it was the will of god that I should be king instead, otherwise I would not have been victorious. It's the same idea as a judicial duel, but on a bigger scale. And it doesn't really have to make any more sense than it needs to for the people to rationalise going along with it. There has to be some justification, but it doesn't have to be particularly airtight or rigorous.
Up to a point you are correct.

The ancient Egyptians were considered very pious (as evidenced also by their huge temples and funerary structures) but even they had many different ruling dynasties.

But at the same time it does need to fit.

If people support you because of divine right, then getting rid of the priests altogether is not that smart, unless you have a well-thought out plan, and even then it's difficult (as the case of Ankhenaten shows).

If you attempt to keep the same basic order as the person you are replacing, then you'll need to keep the power structure but perhaps change a few people in key positions. So you can replace the high priest with your new high priest (after the old one accidentally gets pushed out of a window) but not abolish priesthood itself.

You can also completely replace the old order with a new one.

In the game, the ruler is, by divine order, female. To replace that with a male would, I think, be difficult. So Shani could possibly become queen, but not Zaton (unless he shaves himself and puts on a wig :ROFLMAO:).

Replacing the old order completely, e.g. by allying with the Decayed or the Hive is of course also possible but I don't think that's ultimately in Zaton's best interest.

xapican

Devoted Member
May 11, 2020
:rolleyes: I oversaw the ? mark at the end of the sentence :LOL: sorry I'll promise to clean my reading glasses this year :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
I guess that killing the Hive Queen was never in the dev. plans since it is she who has the Hive under control, else they would swarm and kill people, I have a save where I leave Mantis there and breed with the Hive queen, (building my own Army) :devilish::devilish:

Reactions: Xythurr

Nulldev

Nov 28, 2017
:rolleyes: I oversaw the ? mark at the end of the sentence :LOL: sorry I'll promise to clean my reading glasses this year :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
I guess that killing the Hive Queen was never in the dev. plans since it is she who has the Hive under control, else they would swarm and kill people, I have a save where I leave Mantis there and breed with the Hive queen, (building my own Army) :devilish::devilish:
Current queen is total alien for us or any other faction. With Mantis, there is a chance that she keeps some memory or feeling of us or the mutants, and more malleable? Queen Mantis would be breedable of course... (only in some neck and head armor :D )

BTW why would be the hive a bigger threat without an intelligence behind, as with a ruler?

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Yngling

xapican

Devoted Member
May 11, 2020
Current queen is total alien for us or any other faction. With Mantis, there is a chance that she keeps some memory or feeling of us or the mutants, and more malleable? Queen Mantis would be breedable of course... (only in some neck and head armor :D )

BTW why would be the hive a bigger threat without an intelligence behind, as with a ruler?
They are quite hot! I like the Pics exelent artwork if you ask me
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Master of Puppets

Conversation Conqueror
Oct 5, 2017
Up to a point you are correct.

The ancient Egyptians were considered very pious (as evidenced also by their huge temples and funerary structures) but even they had many different ruling dynasties.

But at the same time it does need to fit.

If people support you because of divine right, then getting rid of the priests altogether is not that smart, unless you have a well-thought out plan, and even then it's difficult (as the case of Ankhenaten shows).

If you attempt to keep the same basic order as the person you are replacing, then you'll need to keep the power structure but perhaps change a few people in key positions. So you can replace the high priest with your new high priest (after the old one accidentally gets pushed out of a window) but not abolish priesthood itself.

You can also completely replace the old order with a new one.

In the game, the ruler is, by divine order, female. To replace that with a male would, I think, be difficult. So Shani could possibly become queen, but not Zaton (unless he shaves himself and puts on a wig :ROFLMAO:).

Replacing the old order completely, e.g. by allying with the Decayed or the Hive is of course also possible but I don't think that's ultimately in Zaton's best interest.
Well we are by definition talking about an upheaval of the existing social order. And the "ruler must be a queen" thing is probably more fragile than you're giving it credit for. We've heard a lot how important it is for her to uphold an image of purity, what happens if she fails at that? A crisis of faith in the population, that's what. That moment is ripe for significant changes. Once the illusion is broken, do you think they would just replace her with another pure, perfect queen? "Sure, the last one turned out to secretly be a huge slut, but this queen is the real deal!" Personally I think that once the people see she's really like, that would not just break their faith in her, but also in the idea of having a perfect, pure queen. I don't think it's that far-fetched that they would fall back on something familiar, and Zetan culture is male-dominated and values strength. Them having a queen instead of a king is an anomaly in the first place.
Given that, I don't think that it's impossible that they would accept an emperor conquering their queen. Does that mean I'm actually predicting that's where the story is going to go though? Hell no. I don't think it would quite fit with the tone of the story up until this point, although he has kind of done that exact thing to the raider faction now that I think about it. Is conquering the other factions and becoming leader of them where things are going after all?

Kvafflem

Apr 4, 2023
I really liked the game. Isn't Zahra the ideal wife? I'm somewhat confused about "The Nordling" quest; I have completed it(and everything else), but it says "events 1/3", even though I'm quite certain I have explored everything.
Looking forward for the game's continuation.

Xythurr

Oct 29, 2017
Well we are by definition talking about an upheaval of the existing social order. And the "ruler must be a queen" thing is probably more fragile than you're giving it credit for. We've heard a lot how important it is for her to uphold an image of purity, what happens if she fails at that? A crisis of faith in the population, that's what. That moment is ripe for significant changes. Once the illusion is broken, do you think they would just replace her with another pure, perfect queen? "Sure, the last one turned out to secretly be a huge slut, but this queen is the real deal!" Personally I think that once the people see she's really like, that would not just break their faith in her, but also in the idea of having a perfect, pure queen. I don't think it's that far-fetched that they would fall back on something familiar, and Zetan culture is male-dominated and values strength. Them having a queen instead of a king is an anomaly in the first place.
Given that, I don't think that it's impossible that they would accept an emperor conquering their queen. Does that mean I'm actually predicting that's where the story is going to go though? Hell no. I don't think it would quite fit with the tone of the story up until this point, although he has kind of done that exact thing to the raider faction now that I think about it. Is conquering the other factions and becoming leader of them where things are going after all?
My whole scenario was basically a what-if fan fic that I thought people would enjoy but I do think we will have a path (IF we choose to do so) where Zaton will wield great political power even if it's just Lord Commander of the Queen's armies.
I agree with Yngling that he has not demonstrated personal ambition on that level but many people in history have had power thrust upon them in spite of that.
We can see this happening as he takes control of and guides various factions. Fangs may be the figurehead of the mutants but we all know who is calling the shots. Same thing with the raiders except baby sister already calls him boss lol.
I have faith that whatever the outcome he will singlehandedly impregnate a ton of women thus founding a mighty clan and do great things whatever the devs intend those things to be!
It's gonna be a fun journey boys and girls so remember to stay HYDRATED!;)
harem-randy-marsh.gif

wiseold6996

Sep 22, 2020
I mean the story is already going there the leader of the raider faction is a woman and got conquered and the same is going to happen to mutant faction. The male outpost leader got killed and the sister was taken as a trophy. The decayed is the endgame boss. The queen is definitely is going get tamed but it is to be seen that will we crown ourself or just rule from shadows

Reactions: Xythurr
4.80 star(s) 583 Votes