Jun 16, 2022
View attachment 3325889

Dev log 04.02.2024

Hey all, so this dev log is just to let you know that we've already started working on the next update.
The MC and Zahra once planned to go on a date, should Shani come home safe, and it will finally happen. Igor will pay a visit to check up on his niece, and the Queen's quest will continue, with that guard you only saw twice leading us there, at least that is the plan so far.
I also want to say that regarding future updates in general, we usually try to include something for everyone, but it may not always turn out to be great to try and develop 5 sides of the game at once.
We've read from you that because the individual scenes are sometimes short, you'd like more content you can "dig your claws into" with a string of events instead. That's why, during next update's development, I will prepare parts of the next mutant mission that is planned for 0.17 as to not put it out there in droplets, but give you a whole mission instead.
There may be over 850 new renders and a two minute cutscene in this update you played / are about to play soon, but some of you have reported that it doesn't always feel that way if the content is all over the place or lacking a bit of pace/climax. So just letting you know we hear you and are taking the input to heart.
Nonetheless, we hope you still enjoyed / will enjoy 0.15. See you next week. After that, I will take a couple weeks of (creative) break to recharge batteries. Like last year, I am already preparing some posts in the meantime :)
I hope the "dig your claws into" section is referring to the expansion of world-building/lore of Desert Stalker. I feel the updates wouldn't be perceived as short, if there was more exposition. For example, I would love to know more about Zetan culture, politics, religion, military, holidays/festivals (if there are any), etc. This is one of my desires I listed on their survey a few weeks back, and I thought the interaction events that occur through progressing in-game days would help fill in the empty space in-between the various questlines, but I haven't encounter a single one, if they have been implemented. I really wish I could view the answers I provided in the survey, because I laid out my opinion(s) more coherently about the state of the game/development cycles.

hanumania

Jul 12, 2023
You play as a are a Desert Stalker who scours scouring the violent remnants of an civilisation scattered through across sand dunes and destroyed cities in what was once the former Egypt.
--

Sorry, I'm an editor and I have issues. The game looks really interesting and I'm going to try it. :)

EVIL555

Oct 27, 2022
View attachment 3325889

Dev log 04.02.2024

Hey all, so this dev log is just to let you know that we've already started working on the next update.
The MC and Zahra once planned to go on a date, should Shani come home safe, and it will finally happen. Igor will pay a visit to check up on his niece, and the Queen's quest will continue, with that guard you only saw twice leading us there, at least that is the plan so far.
I also want to say that regarding future updates in general, we usually try to include something for everyone, but it may not always turn out to be great to try and develop 5 sides of the game at once.
We've read from you that because the individual scenes are sometimes short, you'd like more content you can "dig your claws into" with a string of events instead. That's why, during next update's development, I will prepare parts of the next mutant mission that is planned for 0.17 as to not put it out there in droplets, but give you a whole mission instead.
There may be over 850 new renders and a two minute cutscene in this update you played / are about to play soon, but some of you have reported that it doesn't always feel that way if the content is all over the place or lacking a bit of pace/climax. So just letting you know we hear you and are taking the input to heart.
Nonetheless, we hope you still enjoyed / will enjoy 0.15. See you next week. After that, I will take a couple weeks of (creative) break to recharge batteries. Like last year, I am already preparing some posts in the meantime :)
wait, where is the release, at least v0.15 (not beta)

Bob69

Uploading the World
Uploader
Donor
Compressor
Mar 2, 2019
Desert Stalker [v0.15b] [Zetan] - Compressed

Use at your own risk. If you have the v0.15Beta Compressed you can also download the patch below instead of the full game again. (although the few renders/2 Animations added will look slightly different)

Win/Linux [1,08 GB]
- - -

Mac [1,10 GB]
- - -

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
-------------------------------------
Desert Stalker [v0.15b] [Zetan] - Update only

The patch may break your game, use at your own risk. Should work with the Compressed version (although the few renders/2 Animations added will look slightly different)
If you missed it you can find the old Update only patch HERE.

Universal: v0.15 Beta -> v0.15b [51,4 MB]
- - -

Please @ me or quote this post if there is a new version that doesn't show up on the "Latest Updates" page.

Last edited:

F4iunyl3x

Modder
Aug 26, 2018
Desert Stalker [v0.15]
Video enhancement mod

This mod improves the overall quality of the game's animations.
It overwrites the native 30fps animations of the game with interpolated 60fps animations.

how ? Thanks to deep-learning processes, trained predictive models can interpolate one "fake" frame next to each native frame.

The result gives a smooth effect on each animations.

I also applied a Denoise/Deblock filter. Some lost details can even be recovered in certain scenes

Download links (295 animations) : Mega ;

I didn't inspect each animation in depth , so feel free to report any flaws you find (bugs, video artifacts...)

mod updated

animations have been reworked with a less agressive Denoise/Deblock filter

Bob69

Uploading the World
Uploader
Donor
Compressor
Mar 2, 2019
Thanks for the response. I asked because I read on here somewhere that the first release of the patch wasn't fully feature complete IE animations etc.
Yeah thats true. From version Beta to version "b" there were 2 animations added and a couple of render. But there is always the possibility that there is still something missing that will be added in the Public version. If you want to be safe, then better wait.

4.80 star(s) 583 Votes