Mod Ren'Py Desert Stalker [v0.16b] [Zetan] Walkthrough & Gallery Unlock Mod [AdanGC Mods] [Ripson]

4.30 star(s) 11 Votes

Jove76

Mar 13, 2019
I don't get the long-term problem part. Yeah, it could go down that way, but does it have to? Wasn't the whole point of at least the second trip (don't remember if it also was the point of the first trip) to try and ally with the hive? Unleashing a zombie apocalypse on your enemies doesn't sound like a bad outcome.

EDIT: While I don't have any idea of *how* it will get resolved further down the road (maybe the way you suggest, maybe some other way), I'm sure that neither choice will lead to any sort of game over, it's just going to affect how the story plays out and who the MC get to fuck and in what way he gets to fuck them. Having an opaque choice lead to an unavoidable game over much further into the game would be extremely bad game design and I've seen no signs of the dev here being that inept (quite the contrary).
I was never implying one way would lead to a "game over". That would indeed be poor game design. I was merely saying how events will change, if at all, based on that choice (as far as it looks thus far). You asked, I assume rhetorically, how it could ever be bad to have a herd of zombies you can turn loose on your enemies. Well, you don't control those zombies - The mother does. There are myriad ways that ultimately empowering, if not outright preserving, the Hive could create more problems then it solves. It is much like asking "How could developing nuclear bombs ever be bad for us?". Well, even if you control that weapon today, a time will come, when you don't, or at least others do also. In this case, the MC is not even the one with their finger on the proverbial button, so it seems very prudent to be nervous about the "nuclear option".

In my entirely hypothetical example, I postulated that the daughter might end up as the queen of the hive, in the path where you take her with you in part 1. To follow that hypothetical, I see her being a queen that would be far less of threat to the mutants/MC/life in general, than the mother is, because she has developed an actual relationship with others outside of the hive. Conversely, it is extremely clear, in part 2, that the mother has no connection at all to humanity, beyond being used for breeding and food. Does that seriously not concern you, even a little?

Reactions: Polyphem

Bill Temple

May 20, 2021
Mod Updated enjoy
I'm curious why for the first option with Asha, the choice to "Disarm her" vs "Take her out", the disarm choice is highlighted green. Correct me if I'm wrong, but it seems the only differences between these choices are whether Asha has a bloody face during the optional blowjob scene, a few lines of dialogue, and the availability of some watersports options in Asha's scenes if you knocked her out.

Reactions: darlic

Jove76

Mar 13, 2019
I'm curious why for the first option with Asha, the choice to "Disarm her" vs "Take her out", the disarm choice is highlighted green. Correct me if I'm wrong, but it seems the only differences between these choices are whether Asha has a bloody face during the optional blowjob scene, a few lines of dialogue, and the availability of some watersports options in Asha's scenes if you knocked her out.
I haven't read the code, but I assumed it caused a more negative reaction from the sister, when you meet her later. She clearly isn't opposed to you dominating her sister, but I doubt she likes it if you smash her face with a rock. Ultimately, the only options I have seen that impact anything other than "color" in the narrative, are the choices to kill a girl, or not accept them as slave. There are no "bad endings" anymore, so aside from removing characters completely, nothing really has an impact on the game. They are all simply suggestions.

Last edited:

Bill Temple

May 20, 2021
I haven't read the code, but I assumed it caused a more negative reaction from the sister, when you meet her later. She clearly isn't opposed to you dominating her sister, but I doubt she likes it if you smash her face with a rock. Ultimately, the only options I have seen that impact anything other than "color" in the narrative, are the choices to kill a girl, or not accept them as slave. There are no "bad endings" anymore, so aside from removing characters completely, nothing really has an impact on the game. They are all simply suggestions.
A reasonable assumption, but not supported by the code.
Thanks for your guidance on the walkthrough.

Reactions: Jove76

sabadongelov

Aug 21, 2018
I was never implying one way would lead to a "game over". That would indeed be poor game design. I was merely saying how events will change, if at all, based on that choice (as far as it looks thus far). You asked, I assume rhetorically, how it could ever be bad to have a herd of zombies you can turn loose on your enemies. Well, you don't control those zombies - The mother does. There are myriad ways that ultimately empowering, if not outright preserving, the Hive could create more problems then it solves. It is much like asking "How could developing nuclear bombs ever be bad for us?". Well, even if you control that weapon today, a time will come, when you don't, or at least others do also. In this case, the MC is not even the one with their finger on the proverbial button, so it seems very prudent to be nervous about the "nuclear option".

In my entirely hypothetical example, I postulated that the daughter might end up as the queen of the hive, in the path where you take her with you in part 1. To follow that hypothetical, I see her being a queen that would be far less of threat to the mutants/MC/life in general, than the mother is, because she has developed an actual relationship with others outside of the hive. Conversely, it is extremely clear, in part 2, that the mother has no connection at all to humanity, beyond being used for breeding and food. Does that seriously not concern you, even a little?
Ok, so your sole argument is that there is a risk of betrayal involved when allying with the Hive? Because, sure, there is, but there's a risk involved when allying with raiders and mutants, with raising your own army and with working as a Stalker. More than anything, there is a huge risk involved with going at it alone because you don't want to risk any sort of betrayal from allies, mercenaries or underlings.

Considering how the members of humanity are treating each other in DS, I don't think being unhuman is in itself any great loss... :LOL:

A certain level of caution when dealing with the Hive is advisable, sure, but if you left hive girl at the Hive, they have the following reasons to stay loyal to the stalker/the mutants:
- Gratitude for reuniting Hive girl with the Hive.
- Gratidude for bestowing strong seed on the Hive.
- Gratitude for helping the Hive with their food problem.
- Being supplied with strong seed in the future, possibly on a regular basis.
- Being supplied with food on a regular basis in the future.

Now, the first three might not matter for the Hive at all, we don't know yet. But the two last should matter to them regardless of if they have any notions of sentimentality and/or kinship/solidarity, because their future survival depends on them. I'd say that gives the Hive good reasons to stay loyal, at least for now. If anything, given what little we know presently, I'd say leaving Hive girl at the Hive seem to have the best strategic/tactical outcome, as that gives the Hive as allies, whereas taking Hive girl back to the base doesn't give any strategic/tactical advantages.

As for nuclear weapons, yeah, every major military power in the world has developed them. Because not having them means putting oneself at a strategic disadvantage. Morality and the future of the human race is another question.

Last edited:

Jove76

Mar 13, 2019
Ok, so your sole argument is that there is a risk of betrayal involved when allying with the Hive? Because, sure, there is, but there's a risk involved when allying with raiders and mutants, with raising your own army and with working as a Stalker. More than anything, there is a huge risk involved with going at it alone because you don't want to risk any sort of betrayal from allies, mercenaries or underlings.

Considering how the members of humanity are treating each other in DS, I don't think being unhuman is in itself any great loss... :LOL:

A certain level of caution when dealing with the Hive is advisable, sure, but if you left hive girl at the Hive, they have the following reasons to stay loyal to the stalker/the mutants:
- Gratitude for reuniting Hive girl with the Hive.
- Gratidude for bestowing strong seed on the Hive.
- Gratitude for helping the Hive with their food problem.
- Being supplied with strong seed in the future, possibly on a regular basis.
- Being supplied with food on a regular basis in the future.

Now, the first three might not matter for the Hive at all, we don't know yet. But the two last should matter to them regardless of if they have any notions of sentimentality and/or kinship/solidarity, because their future survival depends on them. I'd say that gives the Hive good reasons to stay loyal, at least for now. If anything, given what little we know presently, I'd say leaving Hive girl at the Hive seem to have the best strategic/tactical outcome, as that gives the Hive as allies, whereas taking Hive girl back to the base doesn't give any strategic/tactical advantages.

As for nuclear weapons, yeah, every major military power in the world has developed them. Because not having them means putting oneself at a strategic disadvantage. Morality and the future of the human race is another question.
Actually, my sole argument was that it is completely impossible to say, with any certainty, that either choice is better. I simply articulated that argument by pointing out one example of how silly it is to be confident that leaving her is the better result, after one update, by constructing potential directions both paths could take. Everyone asserting that leaving her results in the better outcome, seems to be operating on the belief that "gaining allies makes increases my power, and gaining power must always be the goal".

As for my concern over the potential danger the hive poses; There is only one faction that could conceivably pose a threat to literally every character in this game. It isnt the raiders, mutants, or the infected, or even the Zetan "empire". By her own words, the queen can birth a clutch of new monsters every two weeks. They are fire ants, that happen to eat humans, and it is foolish to think they would no devour everything they see, the moment they don't see benefit in not doing so. They appear to have been essentially cloistered in that one location, due to their aversion to the sun, but the alliance is going to remove that logistical restriction on them, and turn them loose on the world.

There is no comparison at all to their potential threat to my (as the MC) family, who's protection ultimately is my one duty in this reality, and that posed by any other faction. I understand your point, and I wasn't asserting what you are saying was wrong, in the first place. However, they could well be an extinction level event, in a matter of months, and they have no individual autonomy, so comparing them to raiders is comparing apples and oranges, in my estimation.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jellyluve

Xegrid

Donor
Jan 22, 2019
I don't get the long-term problem part.
mmmh yes, THE famous last words before it ALL goes to shit in "insert horror movie/video game name here"
jack up the power dynamic of super human canibals, who unlike any other faction, you don't seam to be able to talk, barter, or reason with at an individual level, what could possibly go wrong?!:LUL:

Jellyluve

Apr 17, 2017
I had the sneaking suspicion, back in "The Hive Part 1", that leaving her would yield short-term benefits and long-term problems. After doing both routes of "The Hive Part 2", I feel that suspicion is all but obvious now. I noticed that the mod has removed any suggestion as to which path to take at that juncture, which I think is the only viable thing currently, but I also think that anyone who decides to leave her will eventually be restarting from that point once they find themselves in a post-apocalypse zombie apocalypse.

Of course, the other possibility is that, after taking the girl with you, and leaving "The Mother" in part 2, you eventually end up striking the same deal with her, or "The Daughter" becomes queen and you breed her instead, and the ultimate outcome to that situation is basically the same either way. I suspect that is probably what will occur, as otherwise every event of the upcoming war will all be radically different based on that one choice, which would make far more work for the dev. This game is already ambitious enough without the prospect of adding in two completely divergent paths for everything that follows, so it seems most likely that the Hive ends up your allies either way. The only real choice seems, to me, to be if you feel forcing "the daughter" to be enslaved by the hive, is worth saving Keen's life. It also seems likely to me that Keen will never recover, mentally, and may actually pose a danger to the mutants going forward.

Any certainty that leaving the daughter at the hive is "the best option", seems silly, for now. Choose what "feels" right to you, and live with the results (which, frankly, is stellar writing by the dev).
Exactly. Neither option with the hive is going to be the "good" option, the only thing to add for now is the path that you take the hive girl, the fact that the hive drones/monsters are scattered and uncontrolled at this point, and they are and will be killing different characters along the way and if I had to guess I think that the dev is even going to kill off future characters (that the MC would be able to interact with if they didn't take the hive girl with them) by the hive monsters before the MC is even able to save them.

sabadongelov

Aug 21, 2018
Actually, my sole argument was that it is completely impossible to say, with any certainty, that either choice is better. I simply articulated that argument by pointing out one example of how silly it is to be confident that leaving her is the better result, after one update, by constructing potential directions both paths could take. Everyone asserting that leaving her results in the better outcome, seems to be operating on the belief that "gaining allies makes increases my power, and gaining power must always be the goal".
Ok, that I can agree on, even if I think that nominally, from a strategic/tactical view, allying with the Hive seems the better outcome at the moment. But it is of course very uncertain exactly what it will lead to. Many unknown variables.

As for my concern over the potential danger the hive poses; There is only one faction that could conceivably pose a threat to literally every character in this game. It isnt the raiders, mutants, or the infected, or even the Zetan "empire". By her own words, the queen can birth a clutch of new monsters every two weeks. They are fire ants, that happen to eat humans, and it is foolish to think they would no devour everything they see, the moment they don't see benefit in not doing so.
Yeah, but I think you're missing an important piece here. There is no multiply-effect as long as it is only the queen giving birth. Say that each clutch contain four individuals on average. There are 52 weeks in a year. That means 104 cannibal zombies a year. In other words, an average human village should be able to outbreed the Hive, despite the extreme fecundity of their queen.

They appear to have been essentially cloistered in that one location, due to their aversion to the sun, but the alliance is going to remove that logistical restriction on them, and turn them loose on the world.
The fact that they couldn't solve that problem on their own doesn't exactly speak to them being a great threat to all of humanity...

There is no comparison at all to their potential threat to my (as the MC) family, who's protection ultimately is my one duty in this reality, and that posed by any other faction. I understand your point, and I wasn't asserting what you are saying was wrong, in the first place. However, they could well be an extinction level event, in a matter of months, and they have no individual autonomy, so comparing them to raiders is comparing apples and oranges, in my estimation.
The irony of it is that it is you as a player that choose not to ally with the Hive by having the MC choose an action that in turn leads to him failing to secure an alliance with the Hive. The MC never chooses not to ally with the Hive on his own accord, he only succeds or fails, depending on earlier choices he made.

Anyway, what you wrote about the hive basically being fire ants got me thinking. What if the reason Hive girl/Mantis was trying to escape the Hive was that she was about to do what young ant-queens do, go out into the world and found her own hive? Maybe the Hive queen didn't like that, because that would mean competition for the queen and her own Hive?

I'm thinking that having brought Mantis/Hive girl out into the world might still lead to that outcome, at least if the MC (or someone else) breeds her and she gives birth to a clutch of zombie-monsters, which in turn would have her forming her own hive, as she is mentaliy connected with her own offspring. That could actually lead to what you were speculating on earlier, a situation where there would be a, at least nominally sympathethic Hive going about, regarldess of whether the MC left Hive girl/Mantis at the hive during or not.

I also wonder if the name/moniker "Mantis" has any hidden connotations. Female mantises are known for eating their male counterparts during or after copulation... :eek:

Jove76

Mar 13, 2019
Ok, that I can agree on, even if I think that nominally, from a strategic/tactical view, allying with the Hive seems the better outcome at the moment. But it is of course very uncertain exactly what it will lead to. Many unknown variables.

Yeah, but I think you're missing an important piece here. There is no multiply-effect as long as it is only the queen giving birth. Say that each clutch contain four individuals on average. There are 52 weeks in a year. That means 104 cannibal zombies a year. In other words, an average human village should be able to outbreed the Hive, despite the extreme fecundity of their queen.

The fact that they couldn't solve that problem on their own doesn't exactly speak to them being a great threat to all of humanity...

The irony of it is that it is you as a player that choose not to ally with the Hive by having the MC choose an action that in turn leads to him failing to secure an alliance with the Hive. The MC never chooses not to ally with the Hive on his own accord, he only succeds or fails, depending on earlier choices he made.

Anyway, what you wrote about the hive basically being fire ants got me thinking. What if the reason Hive girl/Mantis was trying to escape the Hive was that she was about to do what young ant-queens do, go out into the world and found her own hive? Maybe the Hive queen didn't like that, because that would mean competition for the queen and her own Hive?

I'm thinking that having brought Mantis/Hive girl out into the world might still lead to that outcome, at least if the MC (or someone else) breeds her and she gives birth to a clutch of zombie-monsters, which in turn would have her forming her own hive, as she is mentaliy connected with her own offspring. That could actually lead to what you were speculating on earlier, a situation where there would be a, at least nominally sympathethic Hive going about, regarldess of whether the MC left Hive girl/Mantis at the hive during or not.

I also wonder if the name/moniker "Mantis" has any hidden connotations. Female mantises are known for eating their male counterparts during or after copulation... :eek:
Sorry, I never figured out how to do the multi-quote thing.

Of course leaving her seems the most advantageous at the moment. The issue is if the cost, which you pay in perpetuity, is worth the gain in the moment. Also, who said I was choosing NOT to ally with them? We healed her, and left her in peace (in the "take her" path). Why assume negotiations for relations are over, at that point? Let her cool off - There can always be a "The Hive Part 3". The choice, as I see it, is not "to ally or not to ally?", but rather or not to ally while she is dictating virtually all the terms.

What about anything I have said thus far leads you to believe I am prone to "missing a piece"? You are assuming she produces a clutch of 4, which certainly is possible, but you have no reason to assume that. What if it is 10? 20? What if, like fire ants, her ability to pump out eggs is limited only by how much food the hive has access too, and there are only 10 of them currently because they have had virtually no food for decades? You "gave them" a corpse, and her next move is "time to make babies". So she gives birth to X zombies, who probably mature insanely fast (or she would not be talking about using them for fighting), then you start literally supplying them with delivered food, and access to more via whomever it is they will be killing "for you". Do you think she isnt breeding again in 3 weeks? Then they take a village, or raider pack, easily, with their 50 zombies. More food, more breeding, and there are 100. Your heavily armed and trained mutant-soldier squad got over-run by 4 of them, in an instant. How do you think Zeta would do, with spears, when she decides they look yummy? You seem to be assuming Zeta has 1,000 troops, but I doubt very much is more than 100 in the city. So, even by your example, Zeta is easily over-run.
Now they have unlimited food/slaves, and you can't do a thing to stop them.

Underestimating potential threats is always a great idea. Ask Napoleon, or Alexander, or Julius Caesar, how well that works for surviving (much less ruling). Dracula didn't sleep for a thousand years because he couldn't find food and had no choice but to hibernate. He slept because he didnt feel like doing anything else.

Yea I was instantly concerned about the myriad of possible biological reasons the daughter might have left "the nest". But at least the mutant leader is smart enough to see that too (I think), as she even commented on the implications of breeding her. But it is no less likely the mother will not send her to some place with access to "food", to start her own nest anyway, or decide they should both be breeding. That was my point, these are all aspects that simply don't even fit into the equation when measuring the treat of raiders, or infected, or Zeta. Are humans less of an invasive species or less prone to betrayal? Possibly not, but the human capacity for reproduction is, at minimum, 20 times less, and at worst, 100s of times less.

sabadongelov

Aug 21, 2018
Sorry, I never figured out how to do the multi-quote thing.
No problem, but if you want to know how to do it, all you need to do is to copy the quote in the beginning and end of every paragraph you want to quote, instead of doing it at the beginning and end of the entire post.

Of course leaving her seems the most advantageous at the moment. The issue is if the cost, which you pay in perpetuity, is worth the gain in the moment.
That we don't know.

Also, who said I was choosing NOT to ally with them?
I interpreted your reasoning about your "one duty" as pertaining to the MC:s motivation rather than your own.

We healed her, and left her in peace (in the "take her" path). Why assume negotiations for relations are over, at that point? Let her cool off - There can always be a "The Hive Part 3". The choice, as I see it, is not "to ally or not to ally?", but rather or not to ally while she is dictating virtually all the terms.
Yeah, we'll see.

What about anything I have said thus far leads you to believe I am prone to "missing a piece"? You are assuming she produces a clutch of 4, which certainly is possible, but you have no reason to assume that. What if it is 10? 20?
Even if it were more, it doesn't change the fact that the Queen is a bottle neck for growth. And without a multiplier effect with the second, third and so on generation, energy consumption will also be a bottle neck for growth.

What if, like fire ants, her ability to pump out eggs is limited only by how much food the hive has access too, and there are only 10 of them currently because they have had virtually no food for decades? You "gave them" a corpse, and her next move is "time to make babies".
Well, that's the next problem for them. You can't create energy out of thin air and no known metabolism is so efficient as to utilize 100 percent of intake of energy and the more younglings they have with every batch, the more food they would need. Only eating humans compounds this problem, as humans are probably the most dangerous food source there is, also there are not that many humans to begin with. So for a 100 new zombies, they would probably need to kill and eat at least a couple of hundred of humans.

So she gives birth to X zombies, who probably mature insanely fast (or she would not be talking about using them for fighting), then you start literally supplying them with delivered food, and access to more via whomever it is they will be killing "for you". Do you think she isnt breeding again in 3 weeks? Then they take a village, or raider pack, easily, with their 50 zombies. More food, more breeding, and there are 100. Your heavily armed and trained mutant-soldier squad got over-run by 4 of them, in an instant. How do you think Zeta would do, with spears, when she decides they look yummy? You seem to be assuming Zeta has 1,000 troops, but I doubt very much is more than 100 in the city. So, even by your example, Zeta is easily over-run.
Now they have unlimited food/slaves, and you can't do a thing to stop them.
I think they have more than a 100 soldiers, otherwise they wouldn't be able to project their power they way they do in the surrounding areas, offering protection, sending out stalkers and what not. The MC himself feels it's safe enough living outside of the city without any guards, trusting in the power of the city. That means that the city either has outlying outposts that can stop raider-attacks in their tracks, or at the very least, signal to the city to send enough soldiers to defeat the raiders outside of the city *or* that they count on being able to mount punishing expeditions to kill/capture all and everyone that dare raid their lands. Either way, 100 soldiers to both protect the city, defend the surrounding lands and protecting from revolt within won't cut it. Also, they have bows and at least some "antique" weaponry at their disposal.

Underestimating potential threats is always a great idea. Ask Napoleon, or Alexander, or Julius Caesar, how well that works for surviving (much less ruling).
Sure, but as I've already pointed out, you could say the same about the mutants and the raiders who the MC is also allying with.

Dracula didn't sleep for a thousand years because he couldn't find food and had no choice but to hibernate. He slept because he didnt feel like doing anything else.
Dracula is a fictional character that don't have to bother with the laws of physics... :whistle:

Yea I was instantly concerned about the myriad of possible biological reasons the daughter might have left "the nest". But at least the mutant leader is smart enough to see that too (I think), as she even commented on the implications of breeding her.
At least she recognizes the risk in birthing small zombie cannibals. Don't sure if she's thinking that it also might risk Mantis turning back to Hive mode.

But it is no less likely the mother will not send her to some place with access to "food", to start her own nest anyway, or decide they should both be breeding. That was my point, these are all aspects that simply don't even fit into the equation when measuring the treat of raiders, or infected, or Zeta. Are humans less of an invasive species or less prone to betrayal? Possibly not, but the human capacity for reproduction is, at minimum, 20 times less, and at worst, 100s of times less.
But you also have to remember that there is a reason humans breed slow. There are innumerable species that breed faster than us, some much, much faster. None of them is in any way a risk to us (with the possible exception of bacteria and virus, to the extent virus is to be considered life). Intelligence trumps all other powers and weapons and intelligence is the reason for our slow breeeding.

jakedoe1

Aug 8, 2019
is it somethig im doing wrong or does the mod not work for anyone on mac ? tried a couple of times with new game files seems to not launch any idea why ? ty in advance to anyone who can help

Jove76

Mar 13, 2019
No problem, but if you want to know how to do it, all you need to do is to copy the quote in the beginning and end of every paragraph you want to quote, instead of doing it at the beginning and end of the entire post.
Lets see if I did this right.

Sure, but as I've already pointed out, you could say the same about the mutants and the raiders who the MC is also allying with.

Dracula is a fictional character that don't have to bother with the laws of physics... :whistle:
I was responding to your assertion that since they havent left the hive yet, they probably can't do so, and thus must be less dangerous.

Umm, so are the creatures we are talking about, which is why this entire discussion is speculative. It is the very fact that we have no knowledge of the parameters of their species that makes them more precarious.

But you also have to remember that there is a reason humans breed slow. There are innumerable species that breed faster than us, some much, much faster. None of them is in any way a risk to us (with the possible exception of bacteria and virus, to the extent virus is to be considered life). Intelligence trumps all other powers and weapons and intelligence is the reason for our slow breeeding.
Certainly true, in general, but we are talking about humans that essentially Iron Age levels of scientific understanding and technology, vs creature who's most similar comparison would probably be the aliens from the movie "Aliens". You remember the ones who destroyed a dozen space marines with assault rifles and grenades? So again; Do you really think 100, or even 10000, folks with spears and loincloths would do well?

As for the numbers in Zeta; I would wager there probably are several squads of troops outside of the city, at any given moment. Those don't help if a swarm comes spilling into your streets without warning.
As for what is in the city, we have never seen more than pairs of royal guards posted at five or so locations around the palace and select locales in the market area. When MC's daughter was assaulted in the market, no "cop" showed up until after she had been screaming for some time, and her sister ran down the street, sneaked up while crouching, took out one criminal, and engaged the second, before the ONE "cop" arrived on the scene. That is not indicative of a city full of a security force of thousands. The population itself is probably only a few thousand, and geographically no that big.

Of course, your assumption might be accurate, but I have seen nothing that leads me to believe it is closer to a thousand than one hundred. After all, 100 soldiers, in this world, is a lot. We have not seen any other faction showing evidence of having a force greater than 20, thus far. Even the infected which had the "massive" slave trade and mining facility only seemed to house around a dozen non-slaves.

Last edited:

darlic

Feb 27, 2017
This happened in the last update as well. During the sex scene with the raider sisters you're given the chance to "give her a drink" (with no negative outcomes) yet this option is being discarded by the mod for... reasons?

Wouldn't it be better not to mark any of the choices as correct, when neither has any effect?

Reactions: Bill Temple

Bill Temple

May 20, 2021
This happened in the last update as well. During the sex scene with the raider sisters you're given the chance to "give her a drink" (with no negative outcomes) yet this option is being discarded by the mod for... reasons?

Wouldn't it be better not to mark any of the choices as correct, when neither has any effect?
100% agree. There's not a right or wrong answer on that choice, but unless you look into the code as I did, that wouldn't be known. Walkthrough mods are usually useful for helping to avoid bad outcomes and maximize the amount of content seen, saving me from having to look at the game code myself. In this case, following the walkthrough blocks you from seeing one or two choices that would otherwise be available. After discovering that and seeing the comment the mod's highlighted choices are "simply suggestions", I restored the original game files and played without it.

Reactions: uwu0uwu and darlic

Praenuntius

Mar 31, 2020
I normally don't comment much and even less so on walkthroughs/gallery unlockers. I'm just glad they exist and save me time or "fix" the game, when the dev thinks you should play it at least 500 times to see all scenes. But you may want to work this one over...

This mod adds an in-game walkthrough that highlights dialogue options that give points and lead to the best scenes.
Simply: No the mod doesn't... at least not always. It seems more like a "I pressed that and it looked good" instead of a real Walkthrough, which should tell you a bit what happens, when you choose a specific way.

As others pointed out, at the first encounter with Asha the green choice isn't the "right" one. The green one is the "nicer" one, but robs the player of the possiblity for watersport. There is no negative outcome for the "harder" use of Asha. So what is the better scene? A matter of taste.

Another point is again with Asha and Kyra. You may choose to dominate Asha on your own or wait for her sister to "offer" Asha to you. Nothing highlighted, no remark of what will happen (again this is what a WALKTHROUGH should do).

And then is there the Shani/Queen scene... The queen asks Shani if she enjoys the torture of the prisoner. The "..." leads to kissing, the "No" skips that. None is highlighted, but since I don't know about the code I don't know if "..." is required for future lesbian content between Queen and Shani. The problem here is, that with the earlier "failures" of the walkthrough I can't simply trust, that it won't make a difference.

So yeah... I appreciate the work you've done, but unless the Walkthrough gets redone, I would recommend everyone to play without it and use the "hard" way by creating tons of saves. You may rob yourself off a lot of scenes by following the "walkthrough".

Tr89

Aug 13, 2018
does the mod work with game ver. 10b or do i have to wait for moder to up date it which i don't mind waiting i have other games i can play

4.30 star(s) 11 Votes