Ren'Py - Desert Stalker [v0.16b] [Zetan]

1. 5.00 star(s)

incog44

Played through it yesterday. It really stands out from the pack for me. Good dialogue, fun quests, gore, pushing the limits of Patreon's ToS. Only thing I didn't care for were some of the sex animations (if you want to call them that). Overall 4/5 would be a 5/5 if his animations were better and longer. This is a review for v0.09c
  2. 5.00 star(s)

elementary_scion

Not my preference for a game, but if you enjoy what this is giving I can see it being extremely good. Tends towards the "dominant" style, and while you can try and avoid it I think there is a skew towards that. The scenarios generally set up for that kind of encounter.

The renders are excellent, and the scenes have a lot of detail, which is quite a rarity. The few animations that are present are also very high quality.

The sandbox elements aren't too intrusive, and I didn't have to click around very much to continue the story.

Character models have a clear tendency towards certain body shapes, with relatively few exceptions.

Story is pretty good and the setting gives plenty of space for weirdness to happen which is necessary. The choices you make appear to have pretty clear impacts. It is possible to play a relatively non-violent and benevolent character, but I think that is fighting against the setting quite a bit.

The writing is also good, with no obvious spelling or grammar mistakes, and coherent in terms of structure. The characters clearly are written to fall into specific categories which is fine, it's just how things go. It generally succeeds in making characters relatively distinctive from each other.

Overall a very polished game which isn't really my type of setting.
  3. 5.00 star(s)

GoldenEyeDrake

An excellent game. Definitely within my top 10 adult games I've played up until this point. I am a sucker for a dystopian environment, however, the world building and culture of the game is equally as intriguing. I believe this is the first adult game I've played where I'm in Egypt, as well as Eastern civilization. Societal roles are very traditional compared to games centered in the West, yet modern at the same time (for there are female leaders in Queen Mereneith/the people of Zeta and Fangs/the mutant race) which is a pleasant touch, and I hope it is explored more so. The temple is an interesting aspect, since a lot of the children, including the MC's were given birth by the priestesses, and relocated to families who wanted children. The ideology of Might is Right is very sensible, as it reminds readers to be grateful of what you have, and to check your ambitions at the door, for even the weak once banded together can still defeat you. There is strength in numbers, so it's vital to build as many bonds as possible, so you can reliable protect yourself and your house, unless you want to become a peacock depiction on an ancient tomb. In regards to the characters, Ain, Shani and Zahra, especially are absolute gems. Couldn't have asked for a better family in terms of their characterization (of course their looks :love: ). Zahra, who is very submissive to the MC, still knows when to impose her will when it comes to the household hierarchy and upkeep. Ain wishes to forge/solidify a path for her in the world, like her big sister (Shani) but equally as desperate to stay with her family. Even Shani, who seems to have her life planned out has moments of being fickle and impressionable. Another thing I do really love about games like these are the theme of family. Yes, you can romance your daughters, but it's pretty evident the MC cares about the well-being and happiness of his household above all else. Even your servant, Emilia, can feel the warmth of the MC's family (I really hope there's expansion on Emilia's content and possibly more opportunities to have more servants?). The sexual interactions within the living room, between the other members of the house is very a neat mechanic (the banter between Shani and Ain is always funny). As much as I want to continue expressing how satisfied with Desert Stalker in other aspects of the game I am, I don't want to overdue the length of this review more so than I have done already. All in all, Desert Stalker is a phenomenal game that I would strongly recommend anyone interested to play. It's actually the first game I have played off this site, and I couldn't be anymore grateful to the individual(s?) who made this game. I will be patiently waiting for the new updates. Have a blessed day to whoever read this.
  4. 5.00 star(s)

Mrblack

Dedert Stalker has a great post apocalyptic setting, the story is amazing and attention to detail put in by the Dev really makes it worth it.
    All the characters are beautiful and Unique. My favorite character is Ivy, who doesnt speak a word all game but has such a captivating effect.
    The Dev also puts out good updates and on Time. Please do support him.
    Cheers.
  5. 5.00 star(s)

ItsYoBoyFrankyDooDa

Hot damn, this is actually well written. The story is one of those few keepers which leads itself, and builds up to, a climax - and you know what I mean.

The CGs are solid.

The scenes are hot.

The music is loud as tits, but theres an easy fix to that and its not hard on the ears. The audio direction is actually fairly good.
  6. 5.00 star(s)

Lorenz1

There was a man, he had was an adventurer for hire, serving to the queen of the post-apocalyptic city. He had two daughters - one he raised to share his path and succeed him, and another he turned in a bedroom slave. His wife allowed it.

No, seriously, this particular sort of open incest is weird as fuck but also kind of hot. One daughter took after wife and was raised to become someone's wife (and no one cares that her father is fucking her, her sister jokes around it, and mother approves it).

Other then that particular plotline the game is fine. Renders are decent, story is good enough, mix of very post-apoc with ancient egypt with a bit of fallout on top. Try it.
  7. 5.00 star(s)

smssm

Sick game, great storyline so far, your decisions actually matter and can free-roam and chose the quest you want to continue/start next. Has great fetishes, beautiful girls and the developer seems to know what he (or she) is doing 5/5
  8. 5.00 star(s)

2382dudubes

played from v0.02, reviewing at [v0.09c]
    This game features many aspects that I like including:
    * An actual mature adult MC
    * interesting post-apocalyptic world
    * gorgeous character models
    * good writing and plot
    * more interesting interaction with folks than your generic game

Personally I don't care for the incest at all, would vastly prefer interactions with non-family members (slaves, raiders, etc). The game could also do with more moral consequences, e.g. being a ruthless bastard vs being kind. There are choices for this, but I tested both and saw little permanent consequences. Any further negatives listed by me would be nitpicks; Overall I enjoy the game and wish there was more non-generic stuff like this. Thus, full marks.
  9. 5.00 star(s)

rlduck

I past over this game quite a few times, not sure why but after I had finished reading the VN's I were engaged with I gave it a try. Man did I miss out on passing this up.

The story is captivating and one of the best on this site, It's unique unlike a lot of VN's it stands a lone and not rehashing the same stuff over and over again, it's a breath of fresh air. If you are like me and haven't tried this wonderful story then you are doing yourself a disservice.

The renders are VERY well done and some of the best I've seen, the models are absolutely gorgeous and the dev did a great job with them.

The music is outstanding, its some of the best I've heard in a VN and fits in well with what is shown on screen.

The story is well written, and I can't wait to see what comes next, it definitely leaves you with wanting more, I've read through it three times trying different routes and none of them have disappointed me.

The characters are well done, and are interesting. They all have a story to tell of their own and I can't wait to see fine out more.

The era they live in reminds me of movies like Madmax and games like Horizon zero dawn where they seem to be in ancient times but there is technology that has slowly being found. It's very good and stands out among all these VN's out there.

There are few VN's out there that leave me wanting more and this is one of them if not THE one.
  10. 5.00 star(s)

Axxis

I tried this game on a whim because I was bored with the "norm" and I don't regret it at all. This is not my usual type of game but this game is my favorite game on here now. The story is good and has good renders and good game mechanics to match.
  11. 5.00 star(s)

Deleted member 4721658

Great game but not that much content. It's gonna take a lot of time before the game is finished, but when it will be finished it's going to be really good.

Great renders
    Cool characters
    Nice world
    Queen best girl
  12. 5.00 star(s)

Ziezn

Probably the best game I've played thus far. The combination of the bleakness of the environment with the "spiciness" of the sex scenes, just makes the best combination.

I love the sharing scenes and sexual freedom that the VN shows - such a refreshing experience compared to the typical harem VNs.

Keep up the great work dev!
  13. 5.00 star(s)

S.G. Stonefield

Been reluctant to play this due to my Renpy phobia. But honestly, after playing this...
    Best nut I have had in a very! long! time!

(...Also an amazing story with super cinematic ambience and music I guess)
  14. 5.00 star(s)

jan.spam

wow, easiest amongst the top games of all. I would play this game even without lewd content and that says it all. Great story arch, believable even though Si-Fi, interesting back story, nice renders of beautiful girls. super soundtrack, nice cut scenes.

play it, and thank the Dev later..
  15. 5.00 star(s)

hibben

I fuckin' love this game. The writing is excellent and really does a good job of portraying this badass powerful dude with a harem of absolute babes and truly the best wife ever to exist in anything.

Funny side note: I saw someone who looks exactly like Zaton (protagonist of this game) at the gym today, so I'm pretty sure his great great great great grandson is gonna have a post-apocalyptic incest harem and I'm here for it.

Play this game. Fall in love with the world. Picture yourself there. Enjoy the fucking hot babes.
  16. 5.00 star(s)

no08910

The story is okay, definitely not a story focused game, but the sex scenes are good. Though not all of them are animated, but they are satisfying nevertheless.

Still this game is better than at least 80% of all games in this site. i recommend everyone to try it.

game version: 0.09c
  17. 1.00 star(s)

ErinJeggar

Played version 0.09

Good.
    - Proper english and easily understandable dialogue.
    -Attention to detail and I'm particularly a fan of the whole mad max concept.

The bad:
    - Absolutely dark in most scenes where you cant see anything
    -Should work on lighting and using different shades as it makes the whole game really bland and dark.
    - No actual gameplay. Basically a VN with disguised choices.

I'm actually a fan of the models and the theme of the game but the actual excution is so poor which left me highly disappointed. This game had great reviews and I was expecting to have a good time. Also lots of violence and depraved stuff, which is supposed to be a plus in my book. But the way it was done does not make sense at all.

Hopefully it improves in future.
  18. 5.00 star(s)

disC0rdia

As of 0.09 now, the game seems to me one of the best that are here around.
    1. Good sandbox implementation:
    locations are easy to find and access to (new) quests/content is
    fast&intuitive
    2. Graphics are really good.
    3. Story is (at the date of this review) consistent and comprehensible. No
    major plot holes or breaks in the story line.
    4. Fulfills 'promises' given by tags&summary.

So that just leaves me to say: keep it up this way.
  19. 4.00 star(s)

Every1sGrudge

[Rev @ Desert Stalker v0.09c Public]

Full disclosure: I played with the less gore setting from as soon as I saw that was an option. I get my jollies from tits not torture.

Like the ...art. Intensely.

Writing is fine. Not too intrusive or up itself and I found that very enjoyable as well.

Some minor gripes with the gameplay; gore filter isn't strict enough, and the 'cutscenes' are to game flow what caltrops are to sexy walks on the beach. I think there were some minor issues with events being gated or timed weird and/or narrative options being out of order: early on I ran into a couple different moments where hitherto unmentioned topics and events showed up in dialog and left me confused.

Other than Queenie McPsychobitch the kinks on display were right up my alley. Don't stick your dick in crazy, kids.

TLDR: Hot~ Watched~

Sameday edit cuz coffee > grammar.
  20. 5.00 star(s)

infernoK

The game is just simply amazing.

Not everyone will enjoy it but for who enjoys it, it's a treasure.
    Can't wait for new updates and get more scenes!
    Love the characters design.
    The theme hits perfectly, gives you the end of the world vibe.
    The girls are perfect, can't wait more for update!

Wishes devs all the best of luck and great job with the game!

p/s: more animations please hehe. thank you