Ummmh

Apr 27, 2018
100%. Steel doesn't just go bad, if it is kept dry so it doesn't rust it will literally last thousands of years. The desert is the perfect place for it, in the middle-east it's still fairly common to see guns left over from the mid 1800s still in use a hundred and fifty years later. And you're even overestimating the problem of barrel wear, it isn't typically dangerous, the barrel doesn't crack, the rifling just wears out eventually so your accuracy suffers. The main problem is the ammunition, which would definitely not be good after 400 years. Hell, ammo left over from WWII is likely to have gone bad, and that was less than one century ago. And you can't easily replace smokeless powder with black powder in most gun designs, it would work OK for single-shot or bolt-action guns, but nothing semi or fully automatic, plus it's a lot weaker too. That isn't really an issue though since smokeless powder is actually easier to make than black powder. Take a mix of nitric and sulphuric acid and dip cotton in it, boom, gunpowder. (Don't actually do this, because... well... boom)
I have no doubt that there would be a big pile of perfectly serviceable weapons in the bunker, they just don't have the ammunition for them. They in particular want nothing to do with the decayed who could make new ammo for them, since the decayed specifically target mutants to kill and eat.
Thank you for the clarification! I didn't realize the barrels would survive that long. I've seen enough barrel failure vids that I assumed metal fatigue was relatively rapid. My suspicion, then, in light of what you said, is those have more to do with idiots ignoring squibs.

I didn't realize smokeless was easier. I would say that although Egypt was a land of cotton Once Upon a Time to our heroes, it's likely the supply of it would be pretty low after End of Days.

Yeah I can't imagine wanting to cozy up to get ammo from the very people who are trying to use that ammo against you, either at range or via a shotgun collar once they get you close and decided it's easier for their meat to walk along rather than be carried.

That said, if you consider that the Decayed would have all the tech, including guns and likely **mil spec radios and possibly organized comm networks** yeah they would be a pretty nasty fighting force, compared to everyone else.

And yeah, if you can keep a car running you can damn well keep a gun running.

Ummmh

Apr 27, 2018
Well no matter how many times I do the sleep with Zarah tab to get to next day the game always puts me in Ain's room with her either a BJ wake up, or just some random scenes. It was funny at first but not every time you go to sleep with wife only to be shown Ain's scenes when you never even slept with her at night. I have tried deleting saves and starting new games, only to get same repeating issue. I am just starting to think Dev likes Ain's new scenes so much that wife got dumped for Ain. I know there are some random scenes for after going to bed with wife, and Ain that happen but as with dinner scenes nothing working right. I get 3 options in Dining room 1. Waiting on dinner, 2. tell family to join with options of eating, or having Maid service you while eating, and 3rd option is I am fine which ends dinner scene no interaction with anyone. Kat never shows up even though the ! is on dining room all the time. Sadly it was funny first souple times but, not every time you visit same scenes nver advancing story line. As far as the Zarah Ain issue I recall a few random scenes supposed to occur story related Like Ivy randomly showing up and talking to MC, but with buggy sleeping scenes she never shows up. Shani and zone talk shows up in list, but I have not even done any of the prerequisites to even get to that point. Oddly enough I played 15c again from start without mods and I got all the random scenes, ending up in right bed for whom I slept with, and story advanced with talks to wife as intended not out of context before doing anything to actually get them to show to advance story lines. Is anyone else having same issue, or similar with newest game update? Thanks in advance for reading my rant. "Ranting off now"
Zarah has actively been encouraging Ain to eventually take her place, in their dialogue together, so her behavior tracks.
Ain is consistently being TRAINED by her to please you.
Pretty likely thus was dev intent.

GetOutOfMyLab

Conversation Conqueror
Modder
Aug 13, 2021
Zarah has actively been encouraging Ain to eventually take her place, in their dialogue together, so her behavior tracks.
Ain is consistently being TRAINED by her to please you.
Pretty likely thus was dev intent.
omg... the shortest post you've done. I actually read it to completion. Good job! (y)

• Haha
Reactions: dolfe67 and Ummmh

Machete

Engaged Member
Apr 7, 2020
One example of this is the Adeptus Mechanicus from WH40k universe. They have tech priests using incense and prayers on machines all the time, because most of their tech comes from the dark age of technology and the knowledge to make the best machines is gone.

The 40k machines cult is actually (as much of the 40k setting) a rip off of Asimov's Foundation. The machine cult there was the answer to (if i recall it correctly) the second Seldon Crisys, but it was a lot less dumb then 40k. In 40k basically they can still build some machinery and equipments, while other literally runs on prayers and luck. In the Foundation the Anacreonians engeneers where indoctrinated to the machines cult to keep them from really understand the science behind the Foundation's technology (Asimov was quite biased against religions) but they where formed and supervised by Foundation's engeneers to properly operate, maintain and produce it.

The funny thing about the first muskets was that their accuracy was shit, also recharging after one shot is a pain in the ass. At that point a blade can be the better option for a fight. Now some good old cannon can make a big difference during sieges.
Yet muskets killed the era of medieval and ancient weaponry. In one of the battles of Napoleon's campain of Egypt a few hundreds french infantrymen, due to superior tattics, high training and of course, firepower, massacred over 2thousand expert arab raiders (berbers i think) suffering barely any casualty. While muskeets might have sucked as weapon, lines of gunmen made the difference when warfare drastically changed between the 16th and the 19th century.

Ummmh

Apr 27, 2018
Fascinating reading and some of it might even be the dev's intentions but regarding father daughter incest it's stated plainly that it's a cultural norm. Ain even talks about other girls doing stuff with their fathers even one girl who sucked hers off in front of everybody at the school.
Zahra talks about it being normal and how Zaton restraining himself when it comes to Shani is what's highly unusual.
Forget every moral norm you know of in the past and current present. DS is set in a very different epoch with very different morals to our own.
If you wanna speculate it's likely incest became normal among the survivors after the apocalyptic war centuries ago because initially there were so few humans left it was literally necessary to propagate the species and stave off extinction.
Any genetic dead ends that resulted from these unions would've been weeded out and died off in the harsh post-apocalyptic world.
Hell it's likely most harmful recessive genes that incest tends to bring out were largely purged through nature's own eugenics program called the barren wasteland.
Incest isn't new or rare in our own ancient history either. People that are mapping the genome and studying DNA have proven this. Humanity once came close to extinction in real life and from a population of around 1000 we now have billions.
Look it up it's interesting reading.
***HOLY SPIT!***

I **DEFINITELY** missed that dialogue from Ain abt others doing the same. ..

Do you recall where/when Ain spoke of it? Or where Zahra said MC restraint was unusual?..

Your point abt survival stands up to scrutiny: when you have few options, you take what ya got. That's like how Kateryna's homeland (apparently Czechs, going by her dialogue) goes in for gangbanging to ensure pregnancy.

Reactions: Xythurr

GeneralJo

Aug 30, 2020
I can't seem to get Lirah's questline to start still....I tried loading an old save and re-playing through a lot of content and it still won't seem to happen?

Ummmh

Apr 27, 2018
Believe whatever you want. I'm done with this exchange as you are the type of person that has no ability to read and comprehend and likes to bloviate your opinions as truth. I started my first comment with the caveat that this is an adult VN and requires some suspension of disbelief for certain things in the game. Speculation is normal when all the elements aren't present as is the case here. I speculated on why he might not have had money to want to have many kids, that's all. Yes, we don't know whether he was always rich and could afford many, many slaves and servants. But, again your statements don't correspond to what I'm saying. You have that issue with just seeing your point and not others.

That said, you go on ignore. Have a nice life.
The only one not able to read here is you since I have actually answered your questions but you just don't want to admit that you are off target in your perspectives.

You present positions as if you are presenting enlightened and honest alternatives, and yet you then try to jam them down our throats as absolutes without actual proof only your personal opinions.

You simply refuse to accept when there's a counter position based in actual evidence found in the game.

Since you feel it's not relevant going into the details on a VN. DON'T. Just stay out of it.

I had asked that you stay polite and you failed to do that.

You instead went to ad homonym attacks and proceeded to lie.

So feel free to put on ignore. All you're doing is proving to everyone how inherently dishonest you are.

Reactions: Maviarab

Ummmh

Apr 27, 2018
Zaton is not waking up in Ain's room, he's waking up in his own bedroom. Ain sneaks in for the BJ.
Sorry but all I can picture now from what you just said is some sports announcer yelling "Aaaaand î'ts. . AIN SNEAKS IN FOR THE BJ!! YES!!! Sports fans, whatta great play!!"

Last edited:

fk you

Jun 20, 2024
The only one not able to read here is you since I have actually answered your questions but you just don't want to admit that you are off target in your perspectives.

You present positions as if you are presenting enlightened and honest alternatives, and yet you then try to jam them down our throats as absolutes without actual proof only your personal opinions.

You simply refuse to accept when there's a counter position based in actual evidence found in the game.

Since you feel it's not relevant going into the details on a VN. DON'T. Just stay out of it.

I had asked that you stay polite and you failed to do that.

You instead went to ad homonym attacks and proceeded to lie.

So feel free to put on ignore. All you're doing is proving to everyone how inherently dishonest you are.
When zahra bang igor?

Ummmh

Apr 27, 2018
When zahra bang igor?
I THINK you might have meant to link to a different comment :cool:

That said I don't know if Zahra ever can bang Igor although I seem to recall you can share her somewhere. Maybe it's with Igor or maybe it's with Omar although ewww Omar. Not enough soap in the world to take her back if she's been with Omar, in my opinion.

I know you can share Ain with Igor. She gives him a BJ but stops it at one point because he starts to get a little rough with her and she points out that it's improper to get rough with her even if she is shared, because her parents have set specific limited parameters under which she may be used.

The MC and Zahra agree about this when it comes up and Igor admits he screwed up, and I think he apologizes.

Again though I don't know about sharing Zahra but I I'm almost certain you can do it somewhere.

Reactions: fk you

yilkin

dl.rpdl.net
Donor
Feb 23, 2023
DesertStalker-0.16b
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
rpdl torrents are unaffiliated with F95Zone and the game developer.
Please note that we do not provide support for games.
For torrent-related issues use here, or join us on !
, . Downloading issues? Look here.​

Feru452ax

Nov 23, 2020
Gosh, this game is so good, waiting for the next release is always hard.

I know you can share Ain with Igor. She gives him a BJ but stops it at one point because he starts to get a little rough with her and she points out that it's improper to get rough with her even if she is shared, because her parents have set specific limited parameters under which she may be used.
Since we are controlling Ain's father, we should be able to set this parameters, so Igor could be rough with her. I mean, this game have swinging tag, we could let other guys to be rough with our girls...right?

Reactions: crispy47

Xythurr

Oct 29, 2017
***HOLY SPIT!***

I **DEFINITELY** missed that dialogue from Ain abt others doing the same. ..

Do you recall where/when Ain spoke of it? Or where Zahra said MC restraint was unusual?..

Your point abt survival stands up to scrutiny: when you have few options, you take what ya got. That's like how Kateryna's homeland (apparently Czechs, going by her dialogue) goes in for gangbanging to ensure pregnancy.
Well the one where Ain was talking about her friend blowing her dad at school was at the party at Igor's house where Zaton and Zahra first play with Kat a bit.
Ain was telling Igor all about it. Some of the Zahra commentary was after the workout I believe and when discussing her worries for Shani heading out but it's been a minute.
It pretty early on so you would see it pretty quickly if you started a new game. Hell I think there is a point where Zaton is thinking to himself he wish Shani could warm his bed like most daughters but no he must control himself.
Seek it out it's there bud.
Also the in game library has some cultural lore drops.

alex13_zen

Sep 30, 2019
If you're willing to provide the saves, I can pass it on.
Thank you, I attached the file.
Not sure if it matters but the save folder has the word 'BETA' in it ("DesertStalkerBETA-1606678851").

Here try this one, I never had that bug, and it is from 15c
check for virus to be on the save side hope that helps
I appreciate it, but I need my own save to work since it has all my choices made throughout the game.

Reactions: xapican
4.80 star(s) 589 Votes