1800 Mr. Tourture

Jun 10, 2017
Cant wait for Nadia to find out who her real father is and the eventual threesome with her mom. It makes me wonder if the Mc has more daughters. Like the queen looks extremely similar to the oldest daughter, and the Mc has been working for the throne for 30 years, so maybe the previous queen got knocked up by the Mc too.

lucky65

Aug 15, 2018
Cant wait for Nadia to find out who her real father is and the eventual threesome with her mom. It makes me wonder if the Mc has more daughters. Like the queen looks extremely similar to the oldest daughter, and the Mc has been working for the throne for 30 years, so maybe the previous queen got knocked up by the Mc too.
Well He does make the rounds with priestesses in temple, and female guards so one could guess it is possible a lot of the girls, and women he takes are his in theory. Nadia is possible as daughter considering no glove no love is not option in game LOL, and also practicing safe sex is also not done. Just put it in any woman you dominate no matter how many times they may pretend to protest LOl. Who but developer knows if the whole female population is in some way related to our MC in some fashion?

Last edited:
Reactions: xapican

HentaiKami

Engaged Member
Jan 27, 2019
It's just kind of sad that MC doesn't take every kid he makes and more women into his household. MC should reach a point where he can establish his own village. :p

Reactions: Nulldev

RalltiirTiger

Jul 3, 2023
I've wanted to play this game for awhile, but each time I try I get a script error as soon as I get to the MC naming screen. Rolling back does not fix it, and with skipping I get the same error each time there is a changing name screen. I'm not ready to read through over 580 pages to find the fix. I'll just have to give this one a pass.

Too bad, it looks good.

lucky65

Aug 15, 2018
I've wanted to play this game for awhile, but each time I try I get a script error as soon as I get to the MC naming screen. Rolling back does not fix it, and with skipping I get the same error each time there is a changing name screen. I'm not ready to read through over 580 pages to find the fix. I'll just have to give this one a pass.

Too bad, it looks good.
Are you using a mod by chance? possibly bad one try re downloading it if so from different server if possible. If not using mod try fresh game deleting auto saves, and any saves listed if any. If none of that works for you try posting exact error you get for developer or modder to look into cause of issue. Just a few options since it is a really good game to play. I also think if trying to rename that might be issue if not changing names unsure where issue could be.

xapican

Devoted Member
May 11, 2020

Too bad, it looks good.
try fresh game deleting auto saves, and any saves listed if any.
Go to C:\Users\xxyourusernamexx\AppData\Roaming\RenPy\DesertStalkerBETA-1606678851
Delete all saves there

1800 Mr. Tourture

Jun 10, 2017
Well He does make the rounds with priestesses in temple, and female guards so one could guess it is possible a lot of the girls, and women he takes are his in theory. Nadia is possible as daughter considering no glove no love is not option in game LOL, and also practicing safe sex is also not done. Just put it in any woman you dominate no matter how many times they may pretend to protest LOl. Who but developer knows if the whole female population is in some way related to our MC in some fashion?
The thing is, the Mc is very protective of his family. So I can't see there being too many daughters out there that he doesn't interact with. But with the queen he does act like both a stern parent and almost caring. So I think she could be one. Beyond that we haven't seen enough city girls to make a judgment. Maybe the guard has a daughter with him and he trusts her to take car of the kid or something. Idk.

RalltiirTiger

Jul 3, 2023
Are you using a mod by chance? possibly bad one try re downloading it if so from different server if possible. If not using mod try fresh game deleting auto saves, and any saves listed if any. If none of that works for you try posting exact error you get for developer or modder to look into cause of issue. Just a few options since it is a really good game to play. I also think if trying to rename that might be issue if not changing names unsure where issue could be.
No mod used, deleted all saves (thanks xapican), and I didn't try to rename MC. But that was the first time the error occured.

While running game code:

File "game/scripts/day1.rpy", line 1105, in script

$ renpy.save_persistent()

File "game/scripts/day1.rpy", line 1105, in <module>

WindowsError: [Error 2] The system cannot find the file specified: u'C:\\Program Files (x86)\\Games\\1A1\\DesertStalker-0.13c-pc\\game\\saves\\persistent'

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:

File "renpy/ast.py", line 1131, in execute

renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)

File "renpy/python.py", line 1061, in py_exec_bytecode

exec(bytecode, globals, locals)

File "renpy/exports.py", line 3575, in save_persistent

renpy.persistent.update(True)

File "renpy/persistent.py", line 397, in update

save()

File "renpy/persistent.py", line 413, in save

renpy.loadsave.location.save_persistent(data)

File "renpy/savelocation.py", line 494, in save_persistent

l.save_persistent(data)

File "renpy/savelocation.py", line 352, in save_persistent

self.persistent_mtime = os.path.getmtime(fn)

File "/home/tom/ab/renpy-build/tmp/install.linux-x86_64/lib/python2.7/genericpath.py", line 62, in getmtime

WindowsError: [Error 2] The system cannot find the file specified: u'C:\\Program Files (x86)\\Games\\1A1\\DesertStalker-0.13c-pc\\game\\saves\\persistent'

Windows-10-10.0.22621 AMD64

Ren'Py 7.5.3.22090809

Desert Stalker 0.13c

Sat Jul 22 16:37:05 2023

• Thinking Face

lucky65

Aug 15, 2018
No mod used, deleted all saves (thanks xapican), and I didn't try to rename MC. But that was the first time the error occured.

While running game code:

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:

File "renpy/ast.py", line 1131, in execute

renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)

File "renpy/python.py", line 1061, in py_exec_bytecode

exec(bytecode, globals, locals)

File "renpy/exports.py", line 3575, in save_persistent

renpy.persistent.update(True)

File "renpy/persistent.py", line 397, in update

save()

File "renpy/persistent.py", line 413, in save

renpy.loadsave.location.save_persistent(data)

File "renpy/savelocation.py", line 494, in save_persistent

l.save_persistent(data)

File "renpy/savelocation.py", line 352, in save_persistent

self.persistent_mtime = os.path.getmtime(fn)

File "/home/tom/ab/renpy-build/tmp/install.linux-x86_64/lib/python2.7/genericpath.py", line 62, in getmtime

Windows-10-10.0.22621 AMD64

Ren'Py 7.5.3.22090809

Desert Stalker 0.13c

Sat Jul 22 16:37:05 2023
Well not sure but developer or modder may be more help with that issue. Seems to be corrupt script file possibly.

Paz

Aug 9, 2016

While running game code:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
If the file is indeed there, it might be some odd permission issue. I would suggest moving the game to another drive (or at least out of Program Files) and retry, or try to Run as admin.
It's the first time some reported an error of this kind, so not exactly sure what the actual cause could be.

tranxx4

Oct 28, 2021
If the file is indeed there, it might be some odd permission issue. I would suggest moving the game to another drive (or at least out of Program Files) and retry, or try to Run as admin.
It's the first time some reported an error of this kind, so not exactly sure what the actual cause could be.
That's what I was going to say. I've had games refuse to work because I installed them in a weird spot and permissions were denied. Never knew that the desktop had specific permissions disabled until I tried to run a specific game from my NSFW folder located on the desktop.

Kellermann

Engaged Member
Oct 20, 2020
Well, first time I've stumbled across a game of this caliber in a long time. I feel like it may be also a long time before updates :( One game actually worth reading all the text.
DS has one of the shortest release times of the top rated games on F95 (generally around 3-4 months or so) and has been doing it consistently for several years. You are not going to find many that beat it.

omegashrn

Jul 26, 2017
Need moar nao!

Love the game, can't wait until we get further along. Actually enjoying the story of this one.

4.80 star(s) 613 Votes