bygonemyths

Mar 19, 2023
It's 8am in LA.

I'm a bit impatient because last time when I continued playing visual novels ,0.13v was released at the same time unfortunately, so it felt like I never played an update at all. And also, I wanted to take a break from visual novels so only desert stalker and a 2 others are keeping me at bay

Ka1tzer

Jan 12, 2023
One thing I'm unsure of in the story is if Shani and Ain are blood related to Zaton and Zahra. Not that I care either way.

It's just that I was under the impression that the culture in the DS world is that if you have a child, like if your wife or servant gets impregnated, then the custom is to give the child to the temple (and you can also impregnate the priestesses themselves). If you want a child, you get one from the "pool" of children in this temple. Effectively making pretty much all families and relations that happen inside each house not blood related.

I don't know if it's on account of a (lack of?) incest patch but if memory serves me right, one of the harem scenes with Ain and Zahra has Zaton and Zahra speaking to each other something along the lines of "remember when she first came to us? She's blossomed into a gorgeous woman since then"-or something of the sort.

There's also the lack of similarities in appearance between Ain's cousin and Zahra's sister (forgot their names atm).

Although I do see similarities in appearance between Zahra, Ain and Shani (Zahra and Ain in particular).

Again, I don't care one way or another, but I'd like to know to scratch my itch for knowledge regarding the workings of the world in Desert Stalker, since it's a very interesting game.

The Senior Perv

May 4, 2022
One thing I'm unsure of in the story is if Shani and Ain are blood related to Zaton and Zahra. Not that I care either way.

It's just that I was under the impression that the culture in the DS world is that if you have a child, like if your wife or servant gets impregnated, then the custom is to give the child to the temple (and you can also impregnate the priestesses themselves). If you want a child, you get one from the "pool" of children in this temple. Effectively making pretty much all families and relations that happen inside each house not blood related.

I don't know if it's on account of a (lack of?) incest patch but if memory serves me right, one of the harem scenes with Ain and Zahra has Zaton and Zahra speaking to each other something along the lines of "remember when she first came to us? She's blossomed into a gorgeous woman since then"-or something of the sort.

There's also the lack of similarities in appearance between Ain's cousin and Zahra's sister (forgot their names atm).

Although I do see similarities in appearance between Zahra, Ain and Shani (Zahra and Ain in particular).

Again, I don't care one way or another, but I'd like to know to scratch my itch for knowledge regarding the workings of the world in Desert Stalker, since it's a very interesting game.
When Zaton & Zahra are talking about the first time "she came to them", they're talking about the time their landlord, landlady and tenant relationship began. Definitely nothing incestuous there. Shani and Ain just happen to look like Zahra and are of a darker skin because they don't use sunblock, unlike their landlord. :BootyTime:

Sora076

Nov 25, 2020

If i remember corectly at the beginning of the game when Zaton introduces his harem he mentions both of them as stepdaugters or you can chose how they are related to Zaton and by default is stepdaughters something like that.

Xythurr

Oct 29, 2017
If i remember corectly at the beginning of the game when Zaton introduces his harem he mentions both of them as stepdaugters or you can chose how they are related to Zaton and by default is stepdaughters something like that.
That is just a Patreon wrongthink dodging technique. The story is written where they are clearly his daughters or it makes no sense.

Pr0GamerJohnny

Forum Fanatic
Sep 7, 2022
I think it's written so the player gets to decide in their head what they want to think about it.
I think the above response is more accurate. Let's be real, players who like incest will delight, and players who don't will either tolerate it or be turned of. I've rarely played games with the pronoun/relational name switches that can be played without the dialogue/story turning into a clunky mess.

cvjoint

Apr 29, 2022
I think the above response is more accurate. Let's be real, players who like incest will delight, and players who don't will either tolerate it or be turned of. I've rarely played games with the pronoun/relational name switches that can be played without the dialogue/story turning into a clunky mess.
Agreed. This game does it well. If you leave it at default, they talk of step daughter and when they arrived. But if you change it to daughter, mom etc. It actually changes other dialogue in the game to make the blood relation fit seamlessly. It's really well done

• Yay, new update!
Reactions: Yngling and SlapE

Xythurr

Oct 29, 2017
Agreed. This game does it well. If you leave it at default, they talk of step daughter and when they arrived. But if you change it to daughter, mom etc. It actually changes other dialogue in the game to make the blood relation fit seamlessly. It's really well done
I didn't know the dialogue changed because yeah in my game it talks about how he took his wife's virginity in front of her sister and he has been her only man lol. This is at the very beginning.

YRUSEGME

Jan 16, 2023
When Zaton & Zahra are talking about the first time "she came to them", they're talking about the time their landlord, landlady and tenant relationship began. Definitely nothing incestuous there. Shani and Ain just happen to look like Zahra and are of a darker skin because they don't use sunblock, unlike their landlord. :BootyTime:
The nuclear family relationship between landlord, landlady and tenant is the foundation of civilization. I, for one, find it abhorrent that so many visual novels seek to pervert this relationship in the name of degeneracy. And Patreon is not only allowing it, but profiting by it.

4.80 star(s) 601 Votes