JaxMan

Apr 9, 2020
Uhmm...Ok it is not accurate how you pointed out, totally agreed in that one.
the sword, with the spikes and the full knuckleguard doesn't make sense either, in that pose more so if, like you pointed out, she is wielding 2 swords, bcs it is difficult to change the grip due to the guard, I can figure out by any best will how to do it without getting disturbed by said guard, even if roll it over my hand, I had to loose the grip and create an opening for my adversary to hit it out of my hand, in a real combat, anyway it looks good for dramatic purposes.
The problem I see with the left hand is that with the way her hand is the blade should be sticking straight out, not down. Her wrist needs to be bent about 90 degrees for the blade to be where it is.

Reactions: Yngling and xapican

Yngling

Nov 15, 2020
I'm happy with that render, and it is clearly an improvement, to the previous one also the lighting gives it a nice touch it is great work, about imersion, I don't know for fencing I go to my Bow and Sword buddies (where i get my ass kicked very often) :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: also to be said, Zaton puts a lot of effort in how he positions the characters, and how he uses camara angles and lighting,
her facial expression is also great, so yeah it gives the vibe and conveys the drama I loved it so far.
From artistic perspective sure but it's still wrong.

I have made a cut out and enhanced the brightness and contrast.

Shani is clearly trying to cut with the thick spine of the blade, which obviously won't work.

1.jpg

Example of how a similar entire sword / machete looks (notice the curve of the handle):

The sword that Shani is using here:

Last edited:

Lordroedor

Mar 19, 2020
Every update is a small masterpiece. I really wish the creator doesn't get burned soon. This is great stuff. I hope the big diversity of characters and situation the theme allows to create is enough to keep his interest for a long time.

Reactions: Tulrek

xapican

Devoted Member
May 11, 2020
From artistic perspective sure but it's still wrong.
Yes, totally agreed, somehow this depends on the flexibility of the player to let it slide or not.
Totally out of question, I play like 5 or 6 Medieval / Fantasy VN and like games like "Skyrim" etc. even in those the weapons and the fight mechanics don't correspond to the real thing,as well as the most of films /shows with such thematic, some of the devs/producers of the other VN/ Films, asign more time into research than others, weighting their priority to be the most close to reality as possible or effective for entertainment and story.
No one said that you're wrong, just asked you to let it slide, that is all.
abrazo (I am happy that I can discuss this with someone but it tends to derail the thread.)

Reactions: Yngling

tooldev

Feb 9, 2018
Yes, totally agreed, somehow this depends on the flexibility of the player to let it slide or not.
Totally out of question, I play like 5 or 6 Medieval / Fantasy VN and like games like "Skyrim" etc. even in those the weapons and the fight mechanics don't correspond to the real thing,as well as the most of films /shows with such thematic, some of the devs/producers of the other VN/ Films, asign more time into research than others, weighting their priority to be the most close to reality as possible or effective for entertainment and story.
No one said that you're wrong, just asked you to let it slide, that is all.
abrazo (I am happy that I can discuss this with someone but it tends to derail the thread.)
In gaming the level of believability is quite an important factor. Especially in novels immersion is a key factor and I very much see the original posters point here. For you this might be minor but for others this is killing immersion. I personally have a similar issue with renders where people put out their left hand in a greeting. This has been around quite a lot lately and kills flow and experience for me every single time.
Edit:

Last edited:

Ruff Ryder

Aug 18, 2020
Dev log 21.07.2024
Not much to report this week, I've been working on many things in the game at the same time (such as a necessary steam trailer for DS) so I didn't get as far with the mutant renders, but here are some other rework previews nontheless. See you next week!
Render progress:
Mutant's quest II: 7%
Reworks:
Shani's first adventure (d2e): 100%
View attachment 3853722
View attachment 3853723
View attachment 3853724
Has there been any talk on how many more scenes they try'na redo?
I would love for the game to go further down the line rather than taking too much time to redo already good stuff.

Reactions: Buletti

GetOutOfMyLab

Conversation Conqueror
Modder
Aug 13, 2021
Has there been any talk on how many more scenes they try'na redo?
I would love for the game to go further down the line rather than taking too much time to redo already good stuff.
Since going to Steam probably sometime this year is the goal, and first impressions are important for new people finding the game on that platform, I imagine they will be redoing all scenes that are not up to par with current rendering standards. Xapican posted the comparisons here: https://f95zone.to/threads/desert-stalker-v0-16b-zetan.68105/post-14352907

What we felt was great when this game first came out doesn't look as great compared to what is coming out now.

Ruff Ryder

Aug 18, 2020
Since going to Steam probably sometime this year is the goal, and first impressions are important for new people finding the game on that platform, I imagine they will be redoing all scenes that are not up to par with current rendering standards. Xapican posted the comparisons here: https://f95zone.to/threads/desert-stalker-v0-16b-zetan.68105/post-14352907

What we felt was great when this game first came out doesn't look as great compared to what is coming out now.
Yeah I agree that it's so awesome looking currently. I just hope they'll finish it up soon.

xapican

Devoted Member
May 11, 2020
Yeah I agree that it's so awesome looking currently. I just hope they'll finish it up soon.
The game will continue for a good time, would be my guess, the devs are doing great work with not letting the redo of some renders, interfere with the normal game development and their branches, hence why they probably set the steam publication to end of the year, as I posted before they are already replacing the old renders since 5 or 6 updates, Ain , Kyra in the basment are the ones which come ad hoc to my mind, for example.

oldicestick

Jul 13, 2022
1.It would be great if there were more side quests with female characters dating alone!
2.The re-rendered scene is impressive
3.It’s time for the main storyline to take a big step forward.

Ruff Ryder

Aug 18, 2020
The game will continue for a good time, would be my guess, the devs are doing great work with not letting the redo of some renders, interfere with the normal game development and their branches, hence why they probably set the steam publication to end of the year, as I posted before they are already replacing the old renders since 5 or 6 updates, Ain , Kyra in the basment are the ones which come ad hoc to my mind, for example.
The pace has definetily slowed down altthough a break and their Patreon ban might have contributed to it.

Reactions: xapican

AlienEDM

Oct 2, 2018
I have go to the library to meet shani but she is not there, I dont not what to do
Is she away one her Desert Stalker mission or is she at home? Try to sleep with Zahra, because mostly of the home missions unlock only after you sleep with her.

4.80 star(s) 599 Votes