Penumbral Evanescence

|☽◯☾| Somnium of the Night ✧ Bête Noire
Donor
Jul 16, 2021
Ivy my beloved...one day your time to shine will come
Ivy is such a beautiful and majestic girl. Ever since that scene with her in the hidden bath springs tucked away in her hideout, I felt captivated by her presence and overall demeanour lol

Let's hope we get more screen time with Ivy and/or maybe some additional quests to flesh out her path as part of 0.17 perhaps?

Penumbral Evanescence

Donor
Jul 16, 2021
when the next update/-s are coming? (update cycle)
Well according to the YouTube vid I posted above, it sounds like Oct/Nov is our best bet for the next (0.17) update. Assuming all goes well according to schedule, and there aren't any unintended bottlenecks/hiccups in the development cycle.

I can't personally attest to the accuracy of the claim made in the video though.....but it can provide us with some options to hypothesize/speculate about the release date I guess....

Leinad_Sevla

Jun 30, 2023
If you see Zaton joining Abrax to destroy zetan civilization (why would him? i can't see a pro for him) that would qualify them as the story's villains.
That will depend on why Abrax wants to destroy Zetan society. I still don´t know the reasons, so he might have information that makes Zetan be the bad guys.

Penumbral Evanescence

Donor
Jul 16, 2021
will depend on why Abrax wants to destroy Zetan society
Yeah, as far as I can recall, I am not sure if we were even briefed on the underlying motive as to why Abrax wants to outright destroy Zetan society. We have bits and pieces of his reasoning here and there, but were never truly fed anything conclusive as of yet :unsure:

Reactions: Leinad_Sevla

Machete

Engaged Member
Apr 7, 2020
That will depend on why Abrax wants to destroy Zetan society. I still don´t know the reasons, so he might have information that makes Zetan be the bad guys.
True. But as far as we can see, if indeed Abrax plans to attack and defeat Zeta, he will do so with an army of dacayed to install a society of decayed, which doesn't seem to be able to prosper for long. And that is why i think he plans something entirely different. I can't see anything good out of that. It could be overthown the static Zetan society to favor the union of the nomads communities around to build something new and with more potential but who would then stop the decayed from swarming all Egipth? As far as we know Zeta still seem the better option.

Yeah, as far as I can recall, I am not sure if we were even briefed on the underlying motive as to why Abrax wants to outright destroy Zetan society. We have bits and pieces of his reasoning here and there, but were never truly fed anything conclusive as of yet :unsure:
I believe it isn't. What is, so far, implied is that Abrax knows shit. Which isn't weird because it's consolidated that succesful stalkers accumulate culture and knowledge by recovering documents from the zones.

I believe the endgame is tha Abrax is aware of some menace no one else knows and maybe the decayed know to some extend but don't really care. He seem the type of the gray puppeteer that moves all the faction in the right places at the right time to do the best (less evil) thing for everyone.

He reminds me a lot of Sylens from the Horizon games.

Penumbral Evanescence

Donor
Jul 16, 2021
believe the endgame is tha Abrax is aware of some menace no one else knows and maybe the decayed know to some extend but don't really care. He seem the type of the gray puppeteer that moves all the faction in the right places at the right time to do the best (less evil) thing for everyone
I concur. Definitely, the analogy/persona of Abrax being a grey puppeteer who silently plots and moves chess pieces behind the scenes all under the eyes and noses of others around him is really in line and fitting as per his character.

Abrax's archetype and/or persona in DS gives me vibes in a sense...

Penumbral Evanescence

Donor
Jul 16, 2021
I think Abrax plans to destroy the thing as he said "plagues us all". Idk what that may be.
If he destroys Zeta, who he gonna eat then, no food for the decayed.
He may know something more that we dont know yet, might not be a bad guy after all but misunderstood in his own way, still fucked up tho, as is this whole game.
Mayhaps, (and this is just me thinking out loud mind you, pure conjecture/anectodal views), Abrax might be using the 'decayed' as a means to further his own agenda?

Think of it this way, if we theorize that the decayed is not a sustainable solution in the long term, and more of a short-term fix for a long-term problem from a governance POV, he's not gonna bank on the decayed to come through in the end. Logically speaking.

So, what if the decayed are just fodder for some other unknown faction that he plans to use to take control over Zeta and overthrow Queen Merneith's existing government? He may also extend the option for Zaton and his family to join him as well in the conquest, or, if we choose to side with Merneith instead of our former mentor, then Abrax may be a force to be reckoned with. Former tutor turned villain so to speak, presuming we side with the Queen in our playthrough.

Ummmh

Apr 27, 2018
Hard to say really. Dont even know how one becomes decayed or how did he become a leader, we know very little of him to predict his plans.

I doubt hes working with another faction, he looks like he is his own boss.
The other faction may not share same qualities he has like those decayed do, so i think hes gonna stick with his people.
Those guys have long lifespans and they seem to be managing well so far, inventing new stuff for them. Perhaps they could make it work.

But i wouldnt be surprised if he extended an invitation to Zaton, they seem to be getting along so far
Doesn't the game say that exposure to the toxins causes one to become decayed?

Ummmh

Apr 27, 2018
I think Abrax plans to destroy the thing as he said "plagues us all". Idk what that may be.
If he destroys Zeta, who he gonna eat then, no food for the decayed.
He may know something more that we dont know yet, might not be a bad guy after all but misunderstood in his own way, still fucked up tho, as is this whole game.
SPOILERS.....

When he finally discusses the overall threat with the MC, he's focusing on the pre-fall tech that causes the storms (IIRC, it was called Project Horus), which appears to be some sort of satellite weapon that's been causing the toxins to be held to city limits.

It looks like the prefall culture was developing this tech to prevent bioweapons they wrre attacked by, from spreading past specific initial targets (since they apparently couldn't prevent the initial deployments), although I could be misreading that.

Why this would be a threat is not yet exactly made clear, although a storm hits unprecedentally close to Zeta when the queen is executing the slaver (scene with Shani, where the queen uses the "dragon" flamethrower). It's possible the tech is starting to malfunction and threaten everyone, although why it would be necessary to overthrow Zeta to deal with it is not obvious (to me, at least) at this time, unless somehow the city has a control unit in the Vault somewhere.

Reactions: Yngling

Yngling

Nov 15, 2020
AlienEDM

I think he's trying to say something about the duality of her highness..:sneaky:
Exactly.

Merneith is at the same time cute and a complete psycho, but in a different way than the raider sisters.
She's in her own way more level headed and of course also much more powerful.

Abrax also has some duality, but I think in his case, his humanity is more of a shadow of his past rather than something he might increase in the future.

Therefore it should be easier for Zaton to steer Merneith towards a lighter path, compared to Abrax. Plus of course that the Decayed as a faction is pure evil, even if their leader might not be completely evil. Zeta also has it's problems but it tries to build some kind of civilization.

Ummmh

Apr 27, 2018
You know there's the Spoiler function
Code:
[SPOILER][/SPOILER]
and the Inline Spoiler Function
Code:
[ISPOILER][/ISPOILER]
for that right? :unsure:
Not for me

Every time I've tried to use it on this damn phone it just deletes my post while I'm trying to put it in, so I gave up trying to use it.

It might be a skill issue on my part (I have extremely poor hand/eye coordination and it causes all kinds of problems) but it might have something to do with the Android Duck Duck Go browser I use to try to keep things secure: there are a lot of operations where it just weirdly refuses to play ball.

In any case something like the second or third time the spoilers got deleted out from under me after I had written a whole paragraph or 6, I got sick and tired of it and just started writing in that there were spoilers following

Satou Pendragon

Engaged Member
Jan 24, 2018
Not for me

Every time I've tried to use it on this damn phone it just deletes my post while I'm trying to put it in, so I gave up trying to use it.

It might be a skill issue on my part (I have extremely poor hand/eye coordination and it causes all kinds of problems) but it might have something to do with the Android Duck Duck Go browser I use to try to keep things secure: there are a lot of operations where it just weirdly refuses to play ball.

In any case something like the second or third time the spoilers got deleted out from under me after I had written a whole paragraph or 6, I got sick and tired of it and just started writing in that there were spoilers following
Alright then just wanted to let you know...:D

Reactions: Ummmh

blob5555

Jun 16, 2023
Not for me

Even the Stalker is able to use a little bit of technology without destroying everything. full.png

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

• Haha
Reactions: Ummmh

balboa2151

Jun 10, 2023
sooooo...I read the changelog and I installed 16c...I loaded one of my previous saves but I didn't really notice any changes to my game from 16b-16c ...was this more of a bug fix and not a continuation of the game? any help would be great thank you

Penumbral Evanescence

Donor
Jul 16, 2021
didn't really notice any changes to my game from 16b-16c
Yeah to my understanding, based on the dev's numbering logic for DS updates, any update with a subsequent letter next to the number are just mainly bug fixes, animation changes, and subtle things that are not entirely content-driven story updates.

The actual continuation of the story and updates with actual meaty content updates are represented by just a number. So, the next story-driven update will be V17, and any bug fixes following the V17 release will have a corresponding letter applied next to the number, and then V18 will have the next large content-rich update, and so on and so forth.

Last edited:
  • Red Heart
Reactions: balboa2151
4.80 star(s) 613 Votes