VN - Ren'Py - Desire of Fate [Ep.3 v1] [KKpotato]

1. 3.00 star(s)

zxcvzxcvzxcvzxcv

The writing is poor. Sure part of that is technical - plenty of incorrect grammar and awkward wording - but it's mostly the fundamentals. The story and characters are all kind of generic and uninteresting. It's all infodumps and no tension. The LIs are all pretty one-dimensional, either immediately or very quickly worshipping the MC for no apparent reason. The MC himself is basically a Gary Stu. Your in-game choices do nothing except bump your stats or unlock scenes.

The LIs have at least a little variation in appearance, and the heavy usage of abstract black tattoos is kind of interesting. However, overall, they all basically have the same body type and similar looking faces. It's a common issue with this style of models but I've seen other games do better with them. Otherwise the visuals are almost entirely forgettable.

There aren't really game mechanics outside of choices, which as mentioned previously aren't all the impactful, so... it's kind of a kinetic novel with some annoying extra steps.

There's a good amount of scenes and they're relatively visually appealing, with a bit of variety, and that's about all this game has going for it.
  2. 4.00 star(s)

Forgotted

Firstly, the Dev says English isn't their first language but honestly they are doing a Fantastic job. It's certainly pleasant enough to read with very few mistakes. A nice change and better than most.

The story is ok, nothing great and nothing terrible. That's ok as well. Sometimes it's ok to be in the middle of the pack.

Mainly, the 'models' that were used are the exact same ones that are in most other games. Personally I can't stand them and wish the Dev would use some different ones. They are very bland and sterile. It's very annoying. Again, they are just the stock templates (I would guess) that everyone else uses. Even the mc's hair is the same...lol

I certainly wish the Dev the best and think it's something worth reading to kill time. There are few choices and they probably don't shape the story much. I think they are mostly just to boost/cut relationship stats and such.

Certainly a good enough time killer. I'd keep playing for sure if it weren't for the stock character images.
    Cheers
  3. 3.00 star(s)

MidnightKing

Review for Ep.3 v1

In a sea of other visual novels especially, I think first impressions are incredibly important. if I'm not being hooked by your game within the first hour or so, I am just not going to bother pushing through it on the chance it does improve.

Yeah, the prologue is pretty rough. If this caught me on a bad day I probably would have dropped this sooner, but I gave this about a good hour and a half before I gave up. I don't say this as an insult, but the entire prologue just does have an incredibly amateur feel.

This does what I consider one of the cardinal sins of AVNs: info dumping. Pretty egregiously as well. I probably don't need to explain to you why this is a bad thing, but it hurts this on many levels. I am not going to remember all this information you're suddenly spewing at me, and to be frank I don't care enough about the game to attempt to either. You have to earn my investment for me to want to know the intricacies of your world and characters.

This is far from the only problem. There's pacing issues, a general lack of nuance, and maybe what I consider the worst of them; off-screening events I actually want to see. Our estranged mother, who turns out to be an incredibly rich and powerful woman, reunites with us and takes us out of the slums and into her mansion where we meet what's essentially the MC's family. Now instead of taking time to introduce these characters and really build up relationships, lets just info dump more and skip the relevant events that would build character. So much shit just happens off screen for no reason, causing a sort of forced feeling when it comes to all of these new relationships. The game moves way too fast for its own good, and I'm not even going to get into the two time skips (jesus).

There are still a number of other issues to detail, but to avoid harping on the game a ton I will say I didn't despise what I played. It's one of those games that feels like it truly has some potential with some aspects, but is extremely held back by an overall rough execution. I seen mentions of an eventual rework, and should that happen I'd give this another shake. Until then though, I have no interest in playing further. The prologue did not do its job in getting me invested enough to do so.
  4. 5.00 star(s)

doc-jones

I think this is a five-star game and I suggest anyone who is a fan of adult games play it because the author put a ton of work and effort into the story and the scenes themselves. I think they earned a five-star review, but this game is not perfect, I'd probably give it a 4.5 if that were an option.

I'm not sure why every developer who uses this engine decides the MC must have an ugly face, it boggles my mind that every time I see a game in this style, the MC is ugly and jacked, it definitely weighs the game down.

Another criticism is that there are way too many girls, even for a harem game. I'm tired of random girls who are just introduced taking scene time away from the established core of girls, but it's a harem game so I get why, but still, this game and its' scenes are amazing, you really should try it!
  5. 5.00 star(s)

bburner

Awesome game!

Pros:
    Unique and interesting characters
    Good amount of content for how long it has been in development
    Really hot scenes
    Great humor
    Great dialogues, I love the relationships between the characters

Cons:
    Mediocre story

Too many girls! -I say this because with the amount of girls I just don't think it's possible for the dev to create enough content to make them actual characters that we care about (without taking years and years, assuming it doesn't get dropped). This is already apparent with many characters in the game that are so interesting yet have little content. I would suggest not introducing any new romance-able characters.

Rating: 9/10
    Kudos to the dev, definitely play this game if you haven't and support the project if you can!
  6. 2.00 star(s)

Giggling Raven

Damn, I tried, I really did, but the beginning is one of the worst experiences I've ever had when it comes to storytelling. I know the dev warned that he didn't have much experience and that it picks up in quality later but it was really hard to go through chapter 1. I just couldn't keep going and couldn't finish the chapter.

Even though the worldbuilding at the start is just a dump of information as part of the prologue, it's very common so not all that bad, but the way MC "recalls" about his past and where he stands in his present day could've been presented a lot better instead of him just sitting there and conveniently reminiscing everything about his life up until this point.

The very beginning where the couple in the stalls offer the girl to give MC a blowjob out of nowhere is extremely poorly written as well as MC just agreeing it to it without any discussion whatsoever or even presenting us with choices to agree/disagree. I guess I'm just really not a fan of this kind of writing. MC and the girl's supposedly boyfriend just casually converse about his past while the girl gobbles his (MC's) dong down.

Look, the story is what makes me want to keep playing an AVN, especially if it wants to take itself seriously, and at this stage, the beginning of this one is very hard to stomach. I've read comments that say it's pretty good but the start really needs a rework, or at least it does for me. I'm ok with starting slow and increasing the quality later on but this one was just way too hard to get through. I'll keep it bookmarked because I've heard great stuff about this AVN and I'll probably give it a second chance later on because I might just be missing out on something great (that happens later) but as it stands, the starting point is really bad.
  7. 5.00 star(s)

Govram

Desire of Fate [Ep.2 v2 Final] [KKpotato]

Pros
    • One of the great and well developed / structured / narrated stories or game emphasizing incest & polyamorous.
    • Remarkable amount of content, very interesting is certainly amazing.
    • Remarkable logic for the game to link the human characteristics such as Karma, Lust, intelligence, Dominance, Reflex, etc.,
    • Consideration for easy mode / realistic mode
    • Well thought portraying of images as raw for initial and changed/refined as the character is developed.
    • Excellent quality of image renders.
    • Excellent quality of animations.
    • Playability and grammar are all just OK no issue

Cons
    • Performance issue especially the animations are very much lagging / hanging.
    • Sound: Almost no sound except background music / shocking scene
    • Lack of significance for sexuality; merely a casual activity.
    • Lack of seductiveness in sexual approach.
    Eagerly waiting for the next update / release
  8. 5.00 star(s)

Ash1111

One of the best AVNs that i have played.

First of all the sex scenes are fantastic. Also the music adds a lot more depth to the game. The character models, renders and the art style are top notch. The story is good with decent pacing, world building and character development.

Would recommend it 100%. Will like it especially if you liks avns such as eternum.
  9. 4.00 star(s)

sergerserj

Good game in first look.
    But when playing this game some disappointing moments appears.
    Pros -
    Visuals good. Maybe some animated scenes need improvement (shorter and not show so many men's asses). One of the things in game is personages reaction on their faces, really good work.
    Plot is good. Some twists are really predictable, but overall it's good. Storytelling mostly decent. There are a lot of funny jokes and memes which not ruining mood. Personages have very logic background, and personages development seems legit. But sometimes there are feelings that it's too many personages whose not make any difference in the story.
    Music good too and for some scenes fit perfectly.

Some cons...
    What is this? 3 day story 30 days jump, 3 day story 180 days jump... What kind of storytelling it is..?
    And why Lilith face start looking like a trans face in Episode 1 instead of being cute girl like from the game start (and by the plot she is just a cute girl). Why redesign a good model. And some other models start looking uglier too... why...

Well I hope some problems going to be fixed in future development. Game looks promising.
  10. 5.00 star(s)

Silver2301

This is not a perfect games by no means a lot of other reviews already pointed out the flaws but it certainly checks all the boxs for me IN HS games
    Good renders
    Decent story
    Awesome character models
    Good animations
    MILFS
    Nice variety of kinks
    would recommand it to anyone who looking for a good HS games
  11. 5.00 star(s)

nomjik11

I am enjoying this far more than I should have. Game is well put together, good dialogue, great sex scenes, interesting characters and plot, and of course, exquisite humor.

Really looking forward to more updates!
  12. 5.00 star(s)

BlueBasil

As interesting a story as you are likely to get in a harem power fantasy. With a stylish presentation, quality animations, and a reasonable diversity in both characters and situation this game has both personality and charisma in spades. This is honestly the first game of this type that I have considered having concurrent play throughs to see different paths.
  13. 5.00 star(s)

dotawolfbrother

This VN has some pretty egregious errors: collosal info-dumps; characters being entirely too forthcoming about information and their feelings; random, stale sex scenes with zero build-up; that MC's dumb looking mustache. All-in-all, this is the kind of story you should vehemently hate.

But don’t.

Why?

Bad-ass-chicks.

Because there's Bad-ass-chicks. Everywhere.

Turn the corner? Bad-ass-chicks. Turn the other corner? Bad-ass-chicks. Looks towards the ceiling? Bad-ass-chicks.

They're everywhere, and it's awesome.

See your sis? She’s fucking the maid. See your other sis? She’s fucking the table. Mannn, these chicks are crazy.

And I fucking love it.

Bad-ass-chicks, man. Bad-ass-chicks.

And the mom? One of the first Bad-ass-chicks ever to grace your sorry-excuse for a screen? She’s the biggest, baddest dommy mommy you’ve ever seen in your life?

Lonely, sad MCs? She hugs that. Huge criminal enterprises ran by super bad-ass bad people? She runs that. The neck of that one dude who tried to fuck with our MC?

She snaps that.

I want nothing more than this guy’s momlandlady to crush me with her thighs, but she’s not even the best part.

Boobs! There’s boobs everywhere! I love boobs! And these boobs? They’re veiny. Veiny boobs!

And now you might be thinking "Oh, veiny boobs? Ewww.", but then you, my dear gentleman, would be committing to a grave misunderstanding.

Consider the following scenario:

Incredibly hot bad-ass-chick: "What the fuck?! Were you just looking at my tits??"

You: "No Miss, I was merely making note of how preposterously veiny your chest was."

Incredibly hot bad-ass-chick: "Oh, that's okay then."

You: (Works. Every. Time.)

Hehe.

And so my dear gentleman, don’t make mistakes. Make successes. Read this VN, and read these chicks. Bad-ass-chicks with fat-veiny-dicks!

Tits.

I meant tits.

(Or did I? :).)

10/10.

TLDR. BAD-ASS-CHICKS WITH BIG-FAT-TITS. SAY NO MORE!

Edit: I kept reading, and I feel like a lot of the bad things get better. So in my completely, totally unbiased opinion, yes, this is a 12/10. You should read it.

Edit 2: Story might be getting a bit worse, but like, the girls just keep getting hotter, so.... I SWEAR I WAS GOING TO PUT SOMETHING INTELLIGENT HERE! I SWEAR!

Edit 3: Okay, I get it. I only like it for the renders and copious amounts of sex. BUT IS THAT SO BAD? IS THAT SO BAD?? Huge amount of content btw. Huge! You should read this. Totally.

But wait, be a super spy, super soldier god who fucks everything that moves with his massive tyranno cock. Do you know how many rich milfs you get to bend to your will? ALL THE RICH MILFS!! Every-single-rich-MILF-you-meet. How cool is that?!

MILF-Lovers, GET IN HERE!

Edit 4: Alright so I'm done for real this time. Just read it, please. I've done everything I can to convince you. Just remember:

Excellence doesn't come from greatness, it comes from fat tits. Fat. Veiny tits.
  14. 3.00 star(s)

TheMarquis

I'm pretty conflicted about this game.
    I start by saying that, in my view, it currently does not deserve 5 stars because it has several problems. I think it ranges between 3 and 4 stars, maybe 3 and a half stars would be the right rating.

What are the problems?

As others have already pointed out, basically the protagonist is at the mercy of events and will not be able to choose anything. The only choices are related to the possibility of increasing or decreasing certain stats or the interest of the various LI.

It is clear that this was done to limit the coding work behind a project with ample branching possibilities.

Another problem is that the game all the time suggests some specific kinks (domination, bdsm etc.) without ever fully embracing them. It is as if the developer wanted to keep the project open to as many people as possible but in doing so he risks displeasing everyone.

Third problem: the X-scenes are sudden and have no construction behind them.

Another minor problem: the animations are really limited, adding a couple more to each scene would not be bad.

It's a real shame because the world building isn't bad, some insights into the story are promising but for now the execution isn't among the best. But I am convinced that this developer is talented and that over time he can hone both his technical and creative skills.
  15. 5.00 star(s)

Itachi RHB

This is one of the best game on this site. There are wide varieties of kinks, great cgs, plenty of content so far; and above all, the story is a unique one unlike most other games here. You have to play it to know it. Also if you can support the dev, please do, cause games like this is rare and we should help to keep it going on.
  16. 5.00 star(s)

Jeycii_

And once again I found a rare gem among all dem games.
    I think I found this game by a signature banner.. it looked interesting so I checked it out...
    God damn, I fell in love with it. It has been 2 weeks since I finished playing it to the latest update so I forgot a bit already. Life has been busy lately but I alway wanted to give this game the 5* star review it deserved.

Storytellingwise, renderqualitywise, atmosphere, and hot damn dem GIRLS... they all look sooooo good and they all seem really nice (not so much into dark skinned muscular sister but i knew many dig for those type of girls)
    I like its storytelling. Its a bit cliche that some random dude suddenly got found again and suddenly jumps into mafia war but cliche is nice. It all depends on its storytelling in the end and im quite pleased with it...
    So.. yea.. horny scenes are quite good. Harem makes sense so far. I really love the maid and mcs mom...
    Ah sorry, i got interrupted while writing and now I lost my thoughts..

Anyways, to make this review short.
    ITS REALLY GOOD, this game easily reaches the upper rankings of my signature games here.
    Amazing and likeable girls, immersing atmosphere, good storytelling, super sexy horny scenes. interesting plot, early sex scenes, hot milfs. Just not enough content hahaha.

6/5
  17. 5.00 star(s)

Iamthegoldengod

PURE POTENTIAL!!
    Plot really pulled me in along with unique characters. Writing and some renders can definitely use some polishing but the pacing, music, and relationship are greatly done. There's a lot of room for twists down the line and your actions will actually affect the story as the plot is picking up now. Game starts with typical cliché HS game but overtime even the MC starts to look good and story gets better.

Give it a try friend :)
    Goodluck dev, hoping for best!
  18. 1.00 star(s)

blueraven88

God-awful writing all-around. The protagonist is somehow blithely oblivious to people trying to manipulate him and is over-trusting despite having grown up on the streets and lives in a slum run by gangs. The game also jumps straight into sex with no lead-in whatsoever (somehow a woman is completely fine giving him a blowjob in a public toilet just because her boyfriend told her to, and then her friend is completely fine having sex with him because, again, her friend's boyfriend told her to; but somehow the protagonist never questions why this smarmy rich guy is throwing women at him left, right, and centre despite having only just met him), and while it's understandable that the dialogue will be a little rough as KKPotato's first language isn't English, it's clear he didn't even bother proofreading (one slide states "Me and Lisa were not dating. But we were there for each other and we used to have casual sex. I got good at sex while having sex with her.", only for the immediate next slide to state "Although we were not dating, we used to be very close." which was just repeating the previous dialogue using different words).
    Renders are also weirdly veiny, which is super off-putting. I love muscular LIs, but not when it looks like they've got the T-Virus in their systems.
  19. 4.00 star(s)

akenedy

This game is a mixed bag of quality, especially story and writing-wise. The visuals are not the most appealing but the scenes are well constructed and I liked most of the character design, it grows on you the further you play. The game also features plenty of sex scenes which will especially appeal to those who like rougher ones.

The writing quality could've been much better than it is. For example, the exposition and world-building should be delivered in a more natural way through a gradual introduction and implementation in dialogue instead of dumping it all at once on the player, and the rushed pace isn't helping either, especially rushing through major events. The characters and the dialogue between them I found mostly fun although some of the jokes felt kinda flat, especially the 4th wall breaking ones.

But considering this is the dev's first attempt at a game and despite all the flaws I enjoyed this one, It's got heart. And while It's not the best-looking game or has an excellently written plot with deep characters it's like a fun adult B movie with plenty of action, drama, and sex. Just don't take it too seriously.
  20. 3.00 star(s)

Zeph3r

TLDR: Game as a product (ie renders, scenes, animations etc) very good. However it suffers a lot from the story telling side which can leave players feeling like an outsider throughout the story, not the best feeling to get when playing a game where relationships are a core component and massively reduces enjoyment, resulting in 3 stars.

Long review:
    Great game that's exploring an interesting premises. The production of the game is well done, scenes are hot and well rendered, same goes for the animations. Pretty large cast of girls at the moment as well so you'll have a pretty good range to pic from.

On a personal level, however, I found it hard to fully get immersed in the story. The game does state it explores darker themes, and while I do think it does that, I would say the entire tone of the game is a somewhat mature, bordering on cynical/jaded in certain scenes. The story itself provides enough justification to explain the tone and it fits quite well, but as a player I felt like this setting also backfired in some regards:
    You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
    In my opinion, the game does suffer in the story telling department. While the tone of the game is meant to be darker and more mature, it hurts the game due to relationship building being a key point of the game.

The way the story has been told so far has put the MC in a position where although he has been reconnected with his family, he is still very much an outsider with very little meaningful relationships with any of them. For players, who tend to place themselves in the position of the character, this ain't the greatest feeling in the world and can kill the vibe. While a lot of the relationships between the MC and characters are told, very little is shown, and a lot more is shown between the cast with one another, reinforcing this outsider status.

In conclusion, while the game at its core is well done and enjoyable, it suffers on the story telling side which can massively decrease the enjoyability of the game, especially when emotions have a pretty sizeable relationship to porn. As a result, I can't really provide a rating higher than 3 as although I did enjoy the game, I also felt extremely disconnected to the rest of the cast which crashed my enjoyment of the game by a decent amount in certain sections.