VN - Ren'Py - Desire of Fate [Ep.3 v1] [KKpotato]

1. 2.00 star(s)

RandyPhoenix

Good Points
    + At the start of the game you asked three questions, the first one is about the main mode (Hardcore or Normal), the second one is about how challenging minigames should be, and the last one is about how strict stat restrictions of the game should be, and the game giving you choices over things like this is always immersive and good point.
    + We have an interesting story, especially things revolving around the Superhuman thing were intriguing.
    + We have interesting sense of humor, some 3rd wall breaking jokes and some references, like ''Emotional Damage'' one :D
    + Girls/women look quite good in their way, hot, sexy, cute, etc.
    + We have well-made animations and sex scenes have lots of different angles with animation.

Bad Points
    - Visual quality and art style look old, most of the time it does look detailed and good, but some of the scenes, especially the first hours of the game give the expression of playing at least a 3-year-old game with high resolution.
    - MC's training on the island (6 months of training) just skipped without showing anything at all, they should at least show a couple of images and some text explanation about his training, etc.
    - All the female superhumans look amazing and powerful with those muscles, etc, but MC and male superhumans need more work, because they only look ripped, especially with clothes their shoulders look small and not wide enough, they should have bigger and wider shoulders for a better superhuman look.
    - You getting forced to accept Lisa and can't reject her if you didn't reject Debby should have no connection and makes no sense.
    - Debby's past being that disturbing with Jackal wasn't necessary.
    - The gallery feature is unfinished, it doesn't have episode 2 scenes, so you can't track the progress of how many scenes are left nor see the scenes you didn't choose in your main gameplay.
    - Relationship status screen can use some improvements like giving basic knowledge about that person, like their age, height, for women breast size, etc.
    - Story-wise Episode 3, Version 1 was terrible, MC, Robin, Lily, and Vella getting knocked out over and over again, getting kidnapped, shot, etc, made no sense at all, the whole update was literally about showing MC and most main cast like a clown, despite they are being superhumans, and that's just terrible idea if it was me I would remake the whole update for sure... And I'm not sure if it was intended, but Lily and MC's mother face-design was changed, and they were looking bad, hope it's one time thing and not a real design change we will see in next updates as well.
    - Certain contents are unavoidable.

For The End
    In the end, this is an enjoyable game with an interesting story and well-made sex scenes, I wish it didn't have the bad points I told, so I could give 4 stars rating, for now, I'm gonna give 3 stars rating, suggest people playing it and hope for the game got improvements for the bad points with new updates.
  2. 2.00 star(s)

An_Able

While DoF is competent in the audiovisual department, it fails completely at storytelling, arguably the most important part of a Visual Novel.

First of all, there's way too much exposition. I gave the initial lore dump a pass despite personally disliking it, but everything after is just more exposition, almost none of it delivered organically. The MC narrating his life story in his head, people explaining things to him--there's just too much telling and not enough showing.

Next: lack of agency. I played for about 3 hours before calling it quits and during that time the MC has nearly no agency. I don't even mean having us, the player, make meaningful choices, I mean the character deciding things and acting on those decisions. Things just happen to him and he goes along with it, which is a textbook sign of a weak character.

I also didn't really like the inconsistent tone, I couldn't tell if it was going for brooding or comedic but it fails at both, with the drama being little more than surface-level edginess and the comedy leaning on memes and pretty tired anime clichés.

Final point: characterization. The characters just aren't developed enough--everything, from how they act to how they speak, feels homogeneous, like they're all the same person acting out different roles. One of the keystones of writing is knowing how to make every character their own distinct individual and that isn't present here.

As it stands, Desire of Fate is simply not worth the time investment. I consider myself pretty patient when it comes to slow burners but there's just nothing there that makes me want to keep reading. And that's because DoF is worse than bad--it's boring.
  3. 5.00 star(s)

Aradar10

At first I though that DoF is ordinary renpy 3d game, so I can play it to spend some boring time but now I think that this game is much more, perhaps at the same level as the most popular games on F95zone.
    I love the story cause it intrigues me a lot, love girls becouse they have different personalities and love design. I'm unpasiently waiting for more. Hope the update will be soon. Best wishes for authors.

PS. I really want a possibility for Monica to became part of MC harem, cause I realy love her horny and bitchy behavior. I think she is so different from available wives/lovers.
  4. 5.00 star(s)

blackred55

Firstly the game has a great flow. Got hooked immediately. It had a good balance of story and sex scenes. Secondly the sex scenes were good. It wasn't your typical picture nor a static scene. There were scenes with moving camera angles which I loved.

I do wish that there were more variety in characters. Some characters feel like they have the same personality with differing models. I also wish we'd see more of the antagonist of the story, and more scenes with other characters. At the time of the review majority of the scenes are with Mina and Debby, I wish in the future we would have more scenes with other characters.

Overall an excellent game with a lot of potential. Looking forward to future updates.
  5. 5.00 star(s)

SharpeSerana

I love the characters, the scenario and the renders.
    And the gameplay is also good (visual novel with relationship and character points that unlocks some scenes) and the music does match the scenes.
    I didn't encouter any noticeable bug.
  6. 5.00 star(s)

Wolf14

This visual novel is a masterpiece! The story is engaging and the characters are well-developed. The art style is beautiful and the music is good and the jokes are fantastic. I highly recommend this visual novel to anyone who loves a good story and wants to experience something truly special.
  7. 5.00 star(s)

braendt

love it.

solid graphics (for what can be done with Illusion art), great animation and blending work, and the story, while a bit slow to start off, has some very interesting plots, sub-plots and diversions that create a rich atmosphere for immersion into the author's world.

plenty of personalities and body types for everyone's tastes, and a well done fetish unlock and avoidance implementation.

I was very sorry to realize I already reached the end of ep2v1 already. nice cliffhanger (jerk!). can't wait for more!
  8. 5.00 star(s)

BeastyNasty

Highly recommend this game as it has Good graphics, characters and plot. Game start was a little bit off but gradually it getting better and better. Loved the animations. It would be awesome if there will be a pregnancy route later. The game is getting better and better.Thank you dev for this game.
  9. 4.00 star(s)

CheerMaster

Ep1 v2

Well, there's not that much to say, honestly, this game has some solid strengths, and some weaknesses.
    Starting with the strong, by far, the animation quality, this is some really good stuff right here, not a dick simply clipping into a female model, you see the physics at work, it truly sets it apart from many other games in this aspect, this is the animation quality I wish to see, great work.
    What does feel slightly weird sometimes are the camera changes, specially those that don't loop back and take you to a set beginning, those I don't really fancy much, but I'm willing to ignore in exchange of the quality.
    A little addition at the animations is that it'd be nice to have more sounds with them, the flavour text is good enough, but some sounds to complete the atmosphere I believe would be very welcome.
    Continuing on, grammar-wise it's been improving, especially while comparing the newest releases with the first ones. It's still rough around some edges, but it's been getting there at a good pace, props on it.
    Now, going into the story, I think there's been far too many time-skips, I do get behind the why, to avoid story stagnation, but I still believe that there were far too many back to back time-skips in comparison with what was actually experienced by us. Yes, the MC got to meet and live with his family, but it was a lot of behind the scenes stuff, we as players barely had any direct interaction with them as to form any sort of attachment to the other residents, and then before we knew it, it was already another skip of 6 months of which we pretty much know nothing aside being turned into Captain America, we don't even know nothing about a "main girl" we were supposed to learn about and interact with at the place, we just get some random points depending on our stats and that's it, and that doesn't fit well with me.
    It doesn't really rub me the right way either how easily all this stuff that is thrown at the MC is accepted by him, it's just way too ideal and perfect of a response for someone with the lack of spine he had at the beginning, nothing bad with lacking some courage though, don't get me wrong, it feels far out of character for him at that point accepting as easily and without hesitation as he did.
    The other thing I have mixed feelings about is the amount of meme content this game has, I welcome some good placed humour, a joke thrown in between the lines here and there, I like the Boa moments a lot because they're specific, concise and well placed, and most importantly they don't bother an on-going scene, but then it goes to the other side and instead of people saying "boobs" or "tits", everyone says "booba", dude, just no. It's funny the first time at the "booba lab", but after that it quickly devolves into an unfunny and honestly cringe joke, specially at the yacht, that was a pain to go through. I hope the game stays away from this sort of humour devices moving forward or at the very least uses it in a much more restrained and thoughtful manner.
    The game has a very good direction, but I can't help think the humour and memes are a bit far too deep into it, especially taking into account how the game tries decently hard to stay serious with more "shady and real" stuff.

Edit: I came to realize I forgot about the rest of the cast, lol. I like the girls, they have unique personalities and their own motivations, at least the ones we care about, and it's welcome they're for the most part physically unique, especially the faces.
    Regarding the dudes, I do like a lot Sa "bottle" mir, he's probably the reason our guy will achieve what he wants at the end, making him learn the real stuff. Jason isn't exactly my cup of tea, again, being mostly a meme character and plus lack of screen time.

All in all, I like the game, I'm rating 4/5, but it's honestly more of an 3.5/5 than anything.
    The story is interesting enough and has good places to grow to given how the world is being depicted, but we were left out of a lot at the beginning. It already has it's work cut out with the animation quality which in my opinion is the hardest thing, so hard props on that. I just hope to see some improvements regarding the metric tons of memes.
    Nevertheless, it's a game I can recommend, perhaps not wholeheartedly at the moment, but still, I really hope I can see it improve and become one hell of a game.
  10. 5.00 star(s)

Shaun@121

The story is very good so far and to become an emperor is making it interesting
    The modals are also good looking
    Sex scene are very good just need to add some moans sound to made it perfect if anyone didn't play, try it u might love it after playing this game
  11. 5.00 star(s)

sajro94

Great main character. Likable, confident, dominant and powerful. Without him becoming an asshole or extremely arrogant.

The girls are pretty and very likable. The only negative for me is the focus on large breasts so far. But that is just a personaly preference and judging from the banner we will get something different at some point.
  12. 1.00 star(s)

Satyr

Absolutely nothing happens in this game. Maybe 3 sex scenes in total after 1 hour of play. Most of that 1 hour was clicking INCESSANTLY through USELESS boring dialogue, lore dumps that lead nowhere, background stories on EVERY single main and side character.

Dev clearly has 3 fetishes: big tits, orphans, and veins. Everyone was abandoned, they all have blue veins through every part of them, and oh yeah his fourth fetish BORING THE FUCK out of you with useless dialogue. Seriously I put it on fastest Auto and it took 10 minutes to get through the 2nd act or episode. If you sat through clicking each line it would have been well over 2 hours and NO SCENES of any kind of worth.

Pointless boring story that had alot of potential from the abstract, but the implementation is weird meme humor put in at the wrong time. Do not waste your time on this nothing even happens. for it to be worth skipping all of the talking.
  13. 5.00 star(s)

DracoXXX

Honestly I was expecting another cliche incest story,but holy mother of God this was on a whole nother level.

The story is extremely well written with a wide variety of cast .I was literally blown away by the opening sex scene & that is exactly how every AVN should start!!
    For ep1 the content is huge with quality sex animations to back it up.
    Congrats Dev u've got a masterpiece in the making
  14. 4.00 star(s)

Antera

It's more of a 4.5/5 rating, then just 4.

The game is very good. Has interesting setting and lore. Characters and LIs are well made. MC is a very cool guy too. At first he looks like a hobo, but he gets better. I would have preferred him with shaved face, but that's more of a personal taste.. Models of characters are beautiful and made well..

So what's the problem? Its pacing. Introductions and developments are done very fast.. MC acceptance of family and Minas relationship is best examples. All of it happens too fast. A man who has lived 22 years "Alone" accepts others like its nothing. There is no struggle, no emotions. It happens as if he knew these people all of his life and lost contact with them only for a year. Same problem with Mina (one of the main LIs). While I love Minas character and think she is one of the best. Pacing with her is bad, All the relationship happens way too fast. It would have been better to see how she develops her feeling toward the MC.
  15. 5.00 star(s)

kotlalak

For starters, the game has beautiful models and each heroine looks unique.
    Renders are of superb quality and detailed.
    The sex scenes are spectacular, from the angles of the sex scenes to the detailed renders/great animations to the dialogue!
    Honestly just because of the above, the game is worth trying out at least!

Secondly,
    Story wise, the game has an interesting plot and seems like its going towards a good direction!
    There is no stalling/pointless scenes and the story keeps advancing either by going forward with the main plot or getting to know the characters, so i believe the pacing is definitely good.
    Although you have to suspend your disbelief at some parts,but thats not bad in itself, since its an erotic visual novel at its core so you just need to enjoy it as things unfold and not overanalyse it.

Writing is at least at a decent level, if not good, and i am guessing it will improve more as time goes on. The interactions between the mc and the main heroines are fun and enjoyable to read so thats definitely a plus as the game moves forward.
    Each girl has a distinctive personality so far and thats refreshing as you get to know more about each character.

In conclusion, Desire of Fate is definitely a game worth trying for its quality renders,beautiful models and interesting story. (also for the abs!)
  16. 5.00 star(s)

kindashamefulpervert

Review of version: Episode 1 - 2 Public

TLDR;
    • Enough content to know girls, setting, and sex scenes
    • Nice character designs(clothes, hair, body)
    • Diverse and fun personalities
    • Visually interesting scenes keeps one engaged
    I really enjoy the game! Love the personality and variety of the main girls so far. Personally, I think each of their appearance look great and unique enough to have nice character design without looking too distracting. For some games I just "skip" to the sex part or where things get interesting, but most of the scenes visually makes me curious and actually read dialogue, get to know the characters, and ultimately allow me to enjoy the game. An example is Maria's initial reaction to discovering MC is alive. Makes you wonder "why does she have so many tattoos?". Also liked that she fawns over MC a few scenes later. The mystery of the family, their business, and their goal add a different tone to keep things interesting and fresh, and I think is a strength of the game. Good pace for everyone since they have a reason why they are trying to be with MC but still slowly builds tension well. Lilith comes to mind, even if I'd enjoy the full corruption eventually, suddenly fucking MC ruins all the build up and I feel does not pay off that is common in other games. Plenty of content for world building, know the characters, and to wank to. I hope leaving a review helps the rating! I hope you keep up the quality and content for this game that has very good potential. Good luck!
  17. 4.00 star(s)

ryansFLYIN

Ep. 1 v2
    Has some pretty good potential.
    Renders are nice and story is interesting so far.

It does have a couple things I normally hate, but it does it well enough that I can look right past them.
    There are a few forced lewd scenes. Normally, I hate this. However, besides the first one (which is more of a gimme) they are needed for the plot, and it makes sense. Could there have been a work-around? Sure, but this is an AVN, after all.
    There is also forced LI's. Again, not a fan. But again, they are needed for the plot. I wasn't thrilled with the first one we get, mainly because I don't like that she was being used just for sex by MC's sister, but I like that we can at least have her stop that if we don't plan on bringing the sister into the harem. Also, there are other LI's that are harem-optional, and some non-committal encounters, as well.

Give it a shot. So far, its worth it.
  18. 4.00 star(s)

Deleted member 5121513

I don't know why but this is my personal view, this game is just a lot of fun and explaining every little detail at this stage would be sort of pointless so until the game progresses further I will just say this

The girls look good
    The sex scenes look good
    I think the slow phasing out of looking at MCs head is good
    The story itself makes me scratch my head ill admit but thats fine I am still enjoying it and all the babes that keep coming up make me stop really caring that I have no idea whats going on.

Just try it, I think for the most part you will like it.
  19. 5.00 star(s)

Armstrong23

I always enjoy games with these premises. Other than the slow start with lots of exposition/info dump, the worldbuilding and characters more than make up for it, especially as you progress pass the prologue. Good looking love interests, good amount of fetishes/kinks, alpha MC, some funny dialogue/meme references and just a good time all in all. Recommended!
  20. 5.00 star(s)

MrJay

(This is for Ep.1 v1)

Incredible. Although the very first parts were a little shaky and had me worried, this almost instantly has become one of my very favorite titles on this entire site.

The models start off good but become really quite amazing as the game finds it footing.

The pacing is just to my liking where it doesn't waste my time but still has story beats that are actually worth following along to.

The story is actually good for what it is. An obviously ridiculous setting and premise, so nothing anyone on here is unfamiliar with, but the important part is that you actually start caring about what goes on once the story finds its feet.

There are a few "meme" scenes that didn't land completely with me personally, but we all understand nothing can ever fit our preferences to perfection, and none of those scenes were remotely enough to stop me from enjoying the game or take me out of any moment.

The music is good, fits the scenes well and is unintrusive.

The game delivers nicely on the tags it has set forward, with the promise of diving even deeper into practically each and every one of them. YMMV but for me, everything jived just perfectly.