VN Ren'Py Destined Dreams [Development Thread]

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

melwen

Jan 10, 2024

banner.png

Hello! I'm Melwen. Destined Dreams is my passion project. I’m the sole developer of the Destined Dreams. I’m making 2D art, script writing, and coding parts independently. I have been an AVN fan for 5+ years and always wanted to create something of my own. I present you, Destined Dreams, Choice base and story-driven Adult Visual Novel.

/
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

ABOUT_THE_GAME 2.png

Destined Dreams is a story-driven Adult Visual novel with 2D graphics and lots of LEWD scenes and LI’s. The game's strongest aspect is detailed characters and a captivating storyline with intriguing choices. Replayability is the cornerstone of the main concept of the story because of the branching. Each branch and each choice opens up new possibilities meanwhile closing some in the way.

Destined Dreams is an episodic game in which you will make meaningful choices that will affect the gameplay and the story of your Main Character. You will decide what will happen when the story progresses and even your smallest decision will have an impact on the characters and the storyline.

You can see the details about the Story, art, and gameplay below this post. I’ll try to give updates twice a week.

STORY.png

Welcome to New Heaven! You will play as Jason (Changeable). Just graduated from college. Today is his first day in New Heaven, a metropolitan city that is so fascinating but at the same time so frightening.

He is here because he got a job offer from his father's long-time friend, Uncle Thomas. He is the advertising genius of New Heaven. He will guide Jason through his journey filled with sex, parties, challenging choices, and a haunting past that follows him through this day.

As Jason steps into the advertising world, his life starts to completely change. This sums up everything about the story. Destined Dreams is about change. Getting control of your life while learning about your dreams and others.

Will you be able to achieve your dreams? Will you help others along the way? But most importantly, who are you going to choose to help achieve their dreams in the rough streets of New Heaven? It’s up to you.

GAMEPLAY.png

Destined Dreams is a 2D game made with Ren’Py. All the characters, backgrounds, objects, etc. are hand-drawn by me. There will be lots of animated lewd scenes in the gameplay.

Gameplay loop is simple. It’s a visual novel. What highlights Destined Dreams from other AVNs is the enrichment of the story and the characters. Choices, different branchings, and different personalities you can alter about MC are what make Destined Dreams gameplay unique. Are you a womanizer or a shy newcomer? Are you more of a romantic person or a sex-hungry manipulative who will try to benefit from the weaknesses of your LI’s?

It’s up to you.

CHARACTERS.png

PS: Character details, outfits, and some minimalistic changes will be made to the characters. These are not final. There will be more characters in the game.

mc.png

elizabeth idle.png

skye.png

zoey.png

lily clothes.png

about.png

Hello! I’m Melwen. I have been in the adult games industry for 5+ years. Aside from that, I’m a 2D artist and professional script writer. I have worked on some projects voluntarily throughout the years and improved my writing and drawings in the AVN development.

I will be the only developer in Destined Dreams. I choose to do this because It is my passion project and I want everything to be mine in the production.

That includes making art, writing the script, coding in Ren’Py, making UI’s, and maybe some music even.

I have worked professionally in all of those areas excluding coding, which I’ve been learning for the past months solely for the development of Destined Dreams. I know It’s going to be a hard way but I know the results will be splendid.

Last edited:

melwen

Jan 10, 2024
What are the branching paths you have planned?
Branching is mostly based on choosing between LI's. I planned different outcomes and totally different scenes with those paths. I hope to make replayability a major factor in game design. Also MC's personalities will affect some major details in the paths the players will choose.

Saint Blackmoor

Saint and Sinner
Donor
Oct 26, 2017
Good luck. It looks like you have a solid plan and the experience to see it through.
I look forward to seeing more. The characters look good.
If you haven't already, I suggest reviewing the game post to understand what members will ask you, such as planned tags, NTR, and incest. You could even put here what planned tags are. I'm glad you're using renpy. It's the best for this genre.

• Red Heart
Reactions: melwen

Ogrexin

Nov 25, 2020
Branching is mostly based on choosing between LI's. I planned different outcomes and totally different scenes with those paths. I hope to make replayability a major factor in game design. Also MC's personalities will affect some major details in the paths the players will choose.
Mc's personality as gameplay mechanic? or depending on the choices the player makes the mc's personality changes which also changes the choices avialable too you?

melwen

Jan 10, 2024
Good luck. It looks like you have a solid plan and the experience to see it through.
I look forward to seeing more. The characters look good.
If you haven't already, I suggest reviewing the game post to understand what members will ask you, such as planned tags, NTR, and incest. You could even put here what planned tags are. I'm glad you're using renpy. It's the best for this genre.

I appreciate your comment and lovely words (also for proofreading lol). I hope to make this game something unique and something of my own. It will be a challenging road but I know it will be something spectacular!

melwen

Jan 10, 2024
Mc's personality as gameplay mechanic? or depending on the choices the player makes the mc's personality changes which also changes the choices avialable too you?
You will be able to change MC's personality along with the story. How he will approach the girls, which girls you want to persuade, and if the LI's would want you with the choices you made before. I'm planning to release a demo soon which will mostly demonstrate strong suits of the branching.

Reactions: Ogrexin

Ogrexin

Nov 25, 2020
You will be able to change MC's personality along with the story. How he will approach the girls, which girls you want to persuade, and if the LI's would want you with the choices you made before. I'm planning to release a demo soon which will mostly demonstrate strong suits of the branching.
What's your current roadmap?

melwen

Jan 10, 2024
What's your current roadmap?
The story for Episode 1 is 80% done. For a playable demo, it's 100%. It was the hardest part for me because of the branchings and different outcomes.

I'm currently working on art. Most of the characters are ready but I still have some work to do. First I plan to finish all the characters meanwhile working on backgrounds. I will share some background artwork before this week ends. After the art is done I will move forward to animations.

I will be working on art and coding simultaneously to reduce development time. I planned the UI's; since I'm experienced in this area, It would take 1-2 days to finish them properly.

I will be sharing more updates + more arts soon with updates.

Reactions: Ogrexin

BolHeX

Nov 30, 2019
The art looks good, can't wait to see more. One of your cornerstones being replayablity sounds interesting and would be very cool to see pulled off well.

I wish you the best of luck with your project.

• Red Heart
Reactions: melwen

melwen

Jan 10, 2024
The art looks good, can't wait to see more. One of your cornerstones being replayablity sounds interesting and would be very cool to see pulled off well.

I wish you the best of luck with your project.
Thank you for your kind words and support! I'll share more art today.

melwen

Jan 10, 2024
23/05/2024

Today I'm continuing to finish up the characters. Also fixed some issues with the branching dialogs with some LI's. I'll be working on backgrounds once I'm done with all the characters before moving on to the animations.

Here is a sneak peek of how Destined Dreams characters will look like underneath the clothing.

elizabeth_embarrassed.png

Ogrexin

Nov 25, 2020
What are some other ideas you have for FL characters, both design and personality wise?

melwen

Jan 10, 2024
What are some other ideas you have for FL characters, both design and personality wise?
The main theme about FL's shapes around one major theme; Dreams. Every character, most importantly FL's, wants a change, achieve something they couldn't managed before with the help from MC. Main struggle and gameplay element is, MC can't be everywhere all the time. That's why you, the player, has to choose which LI to persue.

I don't want to give spoilers a lot but for example, one FL has stuck in her job and wants to persue her acting dreams etc.

Still, New Heaven, where Destined Dreams is set, is a big city with lot's of oppurtunites. What I mean in gameplay wise is; There will be minor story lines with different LI's which will captivate the audiance.

That's where I am aiming at. MC trying to figure out what he wants to do with his life meanwhile shaping others dreams in the destination.

guttermind

Game Developer
Jun 5, 2023
that looks absolutely amazing :love: , good luck with it man!
are the animations gonna be hand drawn too or are you using skeletal animation?

Last edited:
Reactions: melwen and xell_
5.00 star(s) 1 Vote