VN - Ren'Py - Abandoned - Detective Necro [v0.55 Hotfix] [BlackHandGames]

1. 5.00 star(s)

Freakz0ld

This is my first review, and i'm only doing it because the game is so great and well made.
    Great story if you like fantasy genre, humor, and sex.
    Great models and characters, they are very captivating.
    Very well written story.
    I'm sad i can't support him on patreon
  2. 5.00 star(s)

Deleted member 4671174

Rating: ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Detective Necro is a thrilling and unique gaming experience that seamlessly blends the genres of detective mystery and supernatural fantasy. With its gripping narrative and diverse cast of characters, it's hard not to be captivated by this game.

The story of Detective Necro takes you on a rollercoaster ride through a world where magic and modern technology coexist. As you follow the skilled detective, you'll find yourself drawn into a compelling web of mysteries, factions, and intriguing choices. The game's lore is rich, offering a detailed and immersive experience that keeps you hooked from start to finish.

The characters are the heart and soul of this game. Each one is beautifully rendered, and their distinct personalities and kinks make for a memorable and engaging experience. From the enchanting Lily, the charismatic demon, to the enigmatic partner cop, every character brings something unique to the table. You'll find yourself forming genuine connections and even falling in love with them, making every choice in the game feel impactful.

Detective Necro has the perfect balance between a captivating story and sensuous adult content. The developer has masterfully crafted a world where the two coexist harmoniously. It's a testament to the game's brilliance that the story is so gripping that you almost forget about the sex scenes, even though they're top-notch.

In summary, Detective Necro is a game that deserves all the attention it can get. It's a 5-star gem that offers a unique, intriguing, and immersive experience that is a must-play for fans of both detective mysteries and adult content. Don't miss out on this fantastic journey into the unknown!
  3. 4.00 star(s)

meridian1

I really like this. I almost don't want any of the sex stuff, even though that's a great aspect of the novel. It feels like the sex stuff kind of gets in the way of the story, which is both interesting and yet i wasn't interested as much when the focus was away from the MC being involved. The sex stuff makes me skip more of the story to get to the great sex stuff. But i also like the story and the factions and characters and deals and choices. Maybe i'll get into it more on a replay. There is a lot of content here already, and there's so much more to go in your journey and rise to power, and it looks like you can get there in various directions, or not even seek power and be content with your growing harem. I like this feeling of the story could go in various directions. I really like the characters. I want more detective stuff, though when it appears it is nice. The thing is, there is so much here that can be expanded on, and various directions to go in, which makes this really interesting. And the sex scenes are great and your developing sexual or romantic relationship with the characters is really good. It's just, i feel there's a bit of a disconnect, and maybe it's just a personal thing. Like, i'd almost rather this be 2 novels, one where it's the story as it is with little or no sexual content, and then another novel where it's a full growing harem thing. Although this novel is a mix of those, and it is good, and i do hope they connect more in the future. I do really like this novel. There's a ton of content already.

I really like the poly aspect, and the dynamic your girlfriends have in the poly relationship feels realistic and serious while still retaining the playful and pleasurable aspect. There is a surprising amount of lore and story in this novel, and it threatens to get out of control, so some parts do need to be condensed and others fleshed out and others more focused.
  4. 5.00 star(s)

Butterflyguyman

Captivating story, Nicely written dialogue, Lots of character variation, Good renders and animations. Definitly one of my new favorites. Looking forward to what comes in the future this game deserves alot more attention than what it currently gets. Props to the dev for completely smashing it out of the park.
  5. 5.00 star(s)

IveBeenBored

Great game with potentiel, the story was starting to get interesting and varied cast of caracters and races.

I love the from two different world style/type of lovers.

i hope the "on hold" doesn't last to long.
  6. 5.00 star(s)

ebirdest

The game is probably closer to a 4 for me technically speaking, but I've enjoyed it, so I'll give it a 5.

I have liked the characters and their relationships, the world, and overall plot quite a bit. Feels pretty unique and refreshing for these types of games that I have experienced thus far.

My only real complaint would be that the MC is supposed to be a skilled detective, but this doesn't really get the chance to shine through very often in the story.

The first big case that comes up seems to be handled pretty casually by the characters in the game and it feels like they lack the expected urgency for solving it.

Additionally, the writer often drops some teasers/breadcrumbs/foreshadowing for the readers that point towards certain outcomes or potential developments. However, the skilled detective MC is usually also present for these things, yet he tends to seem pretty oblivious to them or unable to figure out their meaning, even though they sometimes seem fairly obvious.
  7. 3.00 star(s)

grimeysox

Version 0.55

I enjoyed how this game attempts to approach things from the perspective it did. the world building and plot are good

However what's annoyed me the most is the dialogue. It's packed with fluff and unnecessary filler. you can have the MC and another character go back and forth on filler alone. there's a part where MC apologises for nothing all the time and says things like "I guess abc". okay this sounds a little nitpicky but it adds up over time. other times you have characters say exactly what they are going to do like when mc is talking to V...Vasaer? and he say he doesn't want anything to eat & he's going to sit on the couch. Like... he didn't need to say he was going to sit on the couch he needed to just do it. thing is there's alot of instances like this where writers emphasize "show don't tell". not every single thing has to be expressed verbally. trust that your audience understands when the ex (forgot her name) says she wants to talk to MC, if MC agrees, she says "I'm happy you agreed". like..... ofc she's happy we don't need to read that as dialogue. this sounds super nitpicky but these are only examples and it leaves the game feeling padded by all this dialogue and fluff that doesn't need to be there and MC starting to seem like those cringey overpolite people to the point where it's annoying. please, may he stop apologising for nothing and get to the point sometimes. he also doesn't need to share personal details with strangers or justify how he is. like in the icecream shop. but he's jokes where sometimes funny. sometimes lame funny but I liked it I'll give him that

Second annoyance is the women. there's no emotional depth. like who are these people and other than their models why should I care or be invested in them as characters. an example is The orc girlfriend. supposedly he's been with her through thick and thin but I didn't really get that. there's a part where you have the option to break up but I chose not to because I wanted to see what she's about. but there's really nothing there. she asks if its alright to have kids after that and what bothered me was that I wasn't invested in her even by then. I wanted to like her but I just couldn't. I feel like alot could have been done with the dynamic and actual depth been created but she's more like a prop that goes with almost all the girls.

Seeing as this is Dev's first game (I could be mistaken) it's understandable and better than you'd expect. I have no doubt that the next games will definitely be good.
  8. 5.00 star(s)

exodiaofrah

incredible story, decided to give this a try on a whim and i've actually never been more invested, great world building and great characters, to the point i didn't even care about the adult stuff, and i mean that in the best way possible. fair play to the Dev for this one, got my ass good
  9. 5.00 star(s)

AlexMpog

Version 0.55

The idea (main narrative) is really unique and intersting. I really like it. Though I would really like to see (read) more background info about this whole universe, how it works, relations between races and stuff.

Girls are beautiful, okey maybe except few of them, but it's a matter of taste, so I am not gonna dwell on it.
    Lily (demon), as a character is just wow, dialogues with her are just priceless, like seriously, almost every interaction with her is a blast. My favourite Li so far in a game.

Though, I must admit that sometimes writing (dialogues) lack a soul, sometimes it's confusing, sometimes it appear out of nowhere and too far fetched, like MC falling in love with Rose just after few days he fucked her, it just doesn't work like that.

But in general it is a blast, looking forward to more content.
  10. 5.00 star(s)

BigJay

This is such a good game. Excellent writing and characters and the women are freaking hot. I love the models being used for the fantasy races, makes the game unique. Glasha is bae. Love me demon mommy Lillia and the kinky partner cop as well.
  11. 3.00 star(s)

MelonGod

Visuals(4):
    -
    The models are nice so its got that going for it. Rest of it is fairly mediocre though.
    Writing(2.5)
    -The writing is bland (dialogue, characters, and plot) and while the concept is fairly unique and the world building is interesting the game doesn't really utilize it well. Honestly it just feels like the game fell short of the finish line on being good.

So in the end the game isn't horrible but it's nothing to right home about. Give it a try and form your own opinion dumbass.
  12. 4.00 star(s)

chaosbox24

Really good game, renders are great, I like the characters, lots of diverse characters with various kinks and all of that good stuff. The writing is great also and I like the story, but at the same time it's also why I had to dock a star. Its sort of jarring, in a way, that it blends both magic and fantasy but also modern technology and modern times. In my opinion it doesn't mix so great and makes the setting kind of off. If you can get over that, the games a gem for sure.
  13. 5.00 star(s)

jtscutt

Was playing and getting pretty invested, the writing is rather solid imo and man, all the qts, good stuff so far for sure. I’m definitely gonna be keeping up with this one. Hopefully this will continue to be decently intriguing,
    You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
  14. 4.00 star(s)

noobtrain

Version Reviewed: 0.5

This is one of the more unique visual novels on this site. There are lots of different races in the game and most of them live side by side with each other without major issues. There is some hate towards the orcs however.

Most everything about the game is above average to good, however only the story really stands out as being excellent. Some of the renders look grainy as if not enough passes were done on them during rendering. The only H / sex scene that I really liked was with Faiza. The others felt average, inadequate, and/or rushed.

I enjoy a good story but I want it to be more of a summary and not a book. Some of the writing is too verbose for me. The characters are well done overall and they all have unique personalities.

Better renders and sex scenes (with real animations) would put this game at 5 stars for me. The two frame animations just don't cut it in 2023. It feels very lazy. I want a good story and good sex scenes. As I said, the story is excellent but the sex scenes with archaic animations are inadequate and often short/rushed. The Faiza sex scene towards the end of version 0.5 was well done overall.

The cast is a bit large for my taste which makes progression with individual character feel like a slow burn. The MC is introduced to new girl after new girl repeatedly. Since there are so many, only the main cast have developed personalities. I would prefer more focus and deeper relationships with the main characters. I'm hoping for some sexy Grace content in future versions.

The progression with the MC is way too slow. At the end of version 0.5, he still can barely do any magic and has no control over it. He knows only a few basic spells and can barely cast those. He is still an infant in skill and knowledge but with a nuclear power plant backing him up. I thought there would be some progression with his magic abilities at this point but there is really very little.

It will be interesting to see how the story progresses. I hope there will be different paths based on which of the four "bosses" the MC chooses to follow. This would make the story very interesting and keep me glued to future updates. I also hope there is a "good" route and an "evil" route with the MC. This could easily tie in to which boss the MC chooses to follow in the end.

Overall, a solid story driven slow burn visual novel that is worth a playthrough! I recommend it and encourage others to give it a try!
  15. 5.00 star(s)

etool

Good game, good characters, great story

when a game has me hoping for the next installment, even as I load the current one, is a Good game, and this one does that

all the ladies are great in their own way, all have distinct personalities and are likeable

looking forward to more of this game and even further games the Dev may dream up
  16. 4.00 star(s)

Hellowist

Pretty good so far.

The story is interesting and original, truly feels like one of those games on this site where the dev cares about making a good story instead of just a jumbled mess of h-scenes. The characters are fleshed out and actually feel like real people. One of the points I really like is that the main character is, for once, not a pushover or a complete dumbass. He asserts himself and demands answers when they are needed.

However, one thing I have an issue with is the renders. While a lot of them are good, some have very apparent problems with the proportions of body parts, specifically stuff like the mouths (Natasha), chins (Ophelia), face shapes (Glasha), etc. Either they look outright wrong, or they're inconsistent with other CGs. (In the scene with Vasaer and Glasha outside before meeting Natasha, Glasha's hoodie is freaking out for some reason?) Though, the most obvious and disturbing of them all is the body size/head size ratio of short characters like goblins and kids. This is very, very unsettling as it almost looks like macrocephaly or something, especially when combined with the inconsistent nature said proportions, which sometimes makes their heads change size from one CG to another. Granted however, extreme instances like these are somewhat rare.

Furthermore, there are some extremely minor and scarce grammar mistakes and typos here and there, but nothing some proofreading or copy/pasting into a text editor can't fix.

In any case, if the render issues were fixed, this would definitely be a 5/5. Keep it up mate.
  17. 4.00 star(s)

DMSTS

[v0.5]
    Played through the game.

Skipped most of the dialog.
    For me such dig plot is too much. I am not fond of reading books while playing a game.

BUT I liked h-scenes a lot. They are made beautifully and with a good quality.

And I liked the orc(?) character. ;)
  18. 4.00 star(s)

1steverogers

Review of v0.5

Great Game, Excellent story, unique models. Would be a sure fire 5 star game if it had proper animations.

Even without them its a good play. Decent amount of content. I look foreward to future releases.
  19. 4.00 star(s)

dotawolfbrother

[v0.4]

This game is pretty awesome so far with most of my gripes coming with things that happens towards the end of this version. Anyways, let's get into it.

Likes that mostly have to do with the start

- The humor seems pretty solid to me. The MC is portrayed as this charming, street-smart individual, and for the most part, I feel like he’s play this role exceptionally well and actually comes off as charming as he’s supposed to be in conversation, and that’s a big plsu for me.

- I love the setting. There’s orcs, dwarves, faeries, humans, ghosts, goblins... the list just goes on, and all the races interacting with each other while also having their own unique cultural/racial quirks has also been very cool — not to mention that all their renders are very unique and cool. I’m enjoying them a lot and truly believe that the girls are both uniquely strange while also being incredibly hot.

- MC start off the story with something that I find a little unconventional: he already has a girlfriend and/or steady relationship. Another that I find unconventional about this is that I actually really like her. She’s a charming individual that’s loving without being jealous, and I think she fits perfectly for this mostly harem setting. 10/10, would not trade her for anything.

- Piggybacking off that previous comment about relationships, a lot of the characters in this game are already have established relationships with other people. The MC’s coworker has a wife and daughter, another one’s happily married in a family of two, and even the guy down the street that looks like he runs a pizza parlor has a sexy fae girlfriend willing to introduce him to her family. I love the feeling of normalcy these kind of relationships establish in wake of the supernatural+haremy stuff going on, and I also like that the MC isn't creeping on them/NTRing them right from the the get-go — nah, he at least standards for any girl with a pussy. Anyways, I digress. Point is is that my favorite scene so far is probably playing ‘Moral Combat’ with the daughter of the MC’s coworker without having any talk of sex or sexualizing her. Literally just playing ‘Moral Combat’ with a kid that actually acts like a kid. 10/10 didn’t know how much I needed a scene like that in a game( And oh god do I hope I didn’t just jinx it by saying that).

- Starting stories with death scenes doesn’t usually work me, but this worked spectacularly. Having the dying guy give important instructions on what to do for his inevitable return actually encourages me to pay attention to what’s going in the dying scene so that I don’t miss any key plot points. Most scenes just use a bunch of throwaway information that makes it completely irrelevant. At least this one clues you in on what might be going in the background.

- I really liked the animations, small and brief as they might be. I don’t actually remember any specifics ones, but I do remember there being some sort of animation with the MC’s girlfriend that caught me by surprise — a pleasant surprise. It was something like a quick hug or something? Regardless, the animations so far are definitely effective.

Dislikes that mostly have to do with the end(of this version)

- I dislike the ghost girl plotline. At first, dealing with the problems she caused was treated like some sort of incredibly urgent, life or death situation. Instead, we have the problem put off for 10+ scenes after an initial failure to fix it.

Then we go another 10+ scenes until we find out that — actually — it’s even worse we initially thought! The MC needs to get rid of it immediately, or he’ll be doomed life of eternal suffering madness… Only to be sidetracked by another 10+ scenes completely irrelevant to that plotline. Yeah, I’m just not buying that the spoken urgency is as urgent as it actually seems based on the way it’s being handled. I’d say either finish the plotline or stop making it out be such a big deal all the time.

- Then there’s the fact that there’s way too many characters towards the end. I’ve lost of track of the number of girls the MC works with. He has so many partners for so many separate plotlines that I’m getting confused. In reality, I don’t think it’s as complicated as I’m making it sound, but everything is so compartmentalized to what each character’s role is that I really wish that we could bundle some of these roles into one character. For example, instead of having 3-4 contacts with the police and 3-4 contacts with the supernatural dudes, how about we just have 1 that works closely with him for each and have these other characters take more minor roles? I’m just getting a little exhausted by how many people he’s working with while having no real time to build a good rapport with any one girl. That’s all. Just want them to switch off a little less fast and often, I think.

- Finally, the sex scenes. WHY ARE THERE NO MONSTER GIRL SEX SCENES? WHAT IN THE FLYING FUCK, MR. DEV — SIR, MY BELOVED WONDERFUL SIR? HOW CAN YOU HAVE SO MANY HOT, DELICIOUS MONSTER GIRLS AND THEN HAVE ALL THE SEX SCENES BE WITH ONLY THE HUMAN ONES?! WHAT IN THE ACTUAL FUCK, MY MAN?! I get that you might be saving the best for last, but COME ON, instead of having monster girl scenes, why are you making 5/7 of all the sex scenes you’ve made so far ABOUT A PASTY ASS MOTHER-FUCKING WHITE GIRL WHO’S SO PRISSY SHE GETS A LITTLE UPSET WHEN THE MC’S HITTING THAT FINE ELVEN BUSSY ON THE DOWN LOW?! WHAT IN THE ACTUAL FUCK MAN? I CAME HERE FOR THAT MONSTER KUSH, NOT SOME WHITE GIRL’S BUSH, F-FUCKING-S!

AND SHIT MAN, ON SECOND LOOK, THAT WASN’T EVEN ONE WHITE GIRL — BUT THREE DIFFERENT ONE’S! HOLE-EE-SHIT, THEY LOOK SO MUNDANE AND UNATTRACTIVE NEXT TO MONSTER GIRLS THAT I COULDN’T EVEN TELL THEM APART! GREEN GIRLS, RISE UP! GREEN GIRLS, RISE UP!(
    I swear I’m not racist, I just hate humans in general.)

TLDR

Would’ve been 5 stars with more monster girl scenes. Fin.
  20. 5.00 star(s)

darlic

[v0.4]

Definitely one of my favorites.

Lovely characters, great humor, an attractive setting, a unique story, and great storytelling.

Also last, but not for importance, the sex scenes are great with the tendency to become awesome within the following updates (wholesome but kinky, just the perfect combination for me).

My heartly advice is to give it a try even though you might not find it interesting enough at first glance (mostly due to the presence of monster girls), chances are you will change your mind pretty quickly.

It is absolutely recommended by me.