VN - Ren'Py - Abandoned - Detective Necro [v0.55 Hotfix] [BlackHandGames]

1. 4.00 star(s)

UnoriginalUserName

First release review, so take that into consideration for the 4/5
    Version 0.1.1

Wasn't sure what to expect going into this one, but I was pleasantly surprised by the writing, story / plot, and renders. Quite a good amount of content for a .1 release too.

I'd say it's got a promising future ahead of it, as long as the dev sticks with it and releases aren't like 9 months apart or something.

That said, I realize it would be adding a whole new level of complexity and workload , but the game would REALLY benefit from animations.
  2. 4.00 star(s)

YouKnowDean

v0.1

A good start to the game that might get held back by its sex scenes.

Version 0.1 introduces us to the basic concept of the game, its mystery elements and already has a few lewd scenes. As someone who is very much into mystery stories I'm probably a bit biased, but it's a good start that sets up enough questions to want me to follow along. As with other games in this genre, and considering the ending of the first version, there is a danger of the story getting too convoluted, but that's something we'll have to find out as the game progresses.

Detective Necro is written nicely with a couple of spelling errors that don't impede the enjoyment too much. How characters interact/talk feels mostly natural and makes them believable characters that have enough substance to like or dislike them. Of course, that is only based on v0.1 interactions with them, where we just get to know them and their relationship dynamics. One thing I want to highlight, even though it isn't my personal preference, is that polyamory is explained as a part of the world. That makes it feel a lot more natural than in other games and is also used as a plot point that causes friction, I personally think it's being handled well so far.

The biggest weakness this game has is that the lewd scenes are a bit too short and not animated, which could ultimately keep it from having a chance at being one of the best games on this site. While they don't necessarily feel rushed, the scenes are clearly put together with care and very much aesthetically pleasing, they don't take enough time for me to really get into it. I hope this is something that gets improved on in coming versions.

In my opinion v0.1 has enough narrative and sexual content to warrant a download and I'll definitely follow its development.
  3. 5.00 star(s)

monk_56

TL/DR Noir vibed Sci-fi/Fantasy medley with some good mystery, unique fantasy gals, and wholesome romance content.

0.11 Review.

Pros:
    ~ Well written prose featuring some great ones liners. Also some cheesy AF one liners and dad jokes.
    ~Fantastically hot and unique female character models for a 3d game. Goblin gal is so fucking cute. The renders for the MCs orc girlfriend and Partner at the police department were really great as well.
    ~Had a bit of Shadowrun vibe. Lots of fantasy races living in a high tech society.
    ~Romance content is quite satisfying.
    ~Starting off in a complex poly relationship off the bat allows for more scene content immediately without the narrative having to focus on that build-up.
    ~Narrative based. Plot isn't just there to string together a bunch of H scenes.

Neutral:
    ~Chosen one plot can end up very dissatisfying if the protagonist isn't met with significant challenges like needing to grow into their power or being able to defeat their enemies too easily. It has been done well so far.