Developing a medieval game

polywog

Forum Fanatic
May 19, 2017
Orc is derived from the Latin Orcus meaning hell, Orc - from hell. The Orca (killer whale) member of the dolphin order, the genus name Orcinus means "of the kingdom of the dead".

orca.png

polywog

Forum Fanatic
May 19, 2017
That's something I didn't know.
Basically the theory is that Orcs once walked upright, but they did something that pissed God off, so he took away their arms and legs. Genesis 3:14 tells a similar story where God ripped the limbs off another demon.

polywog

Forum Fanatic
May 19, 2017
What I always find to be a pain is backgrounds, you need assets other than the characters, but it is never as fun as making characters.
Some artist do backgrounds, and some do character work. You rarely find one good at both.
eltz-castle-wallpaper.jpg

Reactions: Kourosh

Deleted member 1684328

Game Developer
Oct 2, 2019
Gentlemen, the time for the first introduction/demo is here. This is an introduction to the game, and it will show what kind of atmosphere it will have and introduce a few characters. So enjoy, and please let me know what you think! Since it's a demo, it will be very short, but I hope you will be wanting more after playing the game :)

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
Not kidding it's kinda short :)

I take it the plan is to develop the backgrounds a bit more? They're rough to the point of distraction right now. Apart from that, I'm not getting a good read on the characters; I get that they're the dead kings daughters, but apart from that their personalities aren't really coming through.

Good luck!

Deleted member 1684328

Game Developer
Oct 2, 2019
Not kidding it's kinda short :)

I take it the plan is to develop the backgrounds a bit more? They're rough to the point of distraction right now. Apart from that, I'm not getting a good read on the characters; I get that they're the dead kings daughters, but apart from that their personalities aren't really coming through.

Good luck!
Of course, how long have you spoken to them? Not that long, have you? As for the backgrounds, everything you see is final art. We like to put the emphasis more towards the characters, and not the backgrounds. Just a choice we made.

Deleted member 1684328

Game Developer
Oct 2, 2019
Great news, the first chapter 1 is ready! Here is the link for the people who are interested:

I am still thinking about changing things a little bit, like the colours for the main menu image and the music. I would be honoured if you would tell me what you think about it!

Reactions: Saki_Sliz

namiv

Feb 19, 2020
Hey, guys! We are working an a medieval game where you play as a mercenary. In this thread, we will show the progress and share more info about the story. We start with Tiana, she's the king's oldest daughter, and next in line for the throne. She is very adventurous. Tell us what you think about her :D

View attachment 417657
I love medieval stories and i'm obsessed with drawing material. bests of luck

namiv

Feb 19, 2020
Great news, the first chapter 1 is ready! Here is the link for the people who are interested:

I am still thinking about changing things a little bit, like the colours for the main menu image and the music. I would be honoured if you would tell me what you think about it!
wetransfer link expired