smith66

Aug 24, 2017
This is looking great, although i worry it could be a case of quantity over quality. There's so many initial branches that its likely going to all run into dead links for many months to come. Great start, but does it need so many initial characters etc?
I think the unfortunate reality is the more kinks covered at the start the greater number of supporters he's likely to get. Money > Gameplay.

Reactions: BlackDahliaStudios

ViktorReznov

Jun 16, 2017
version alpha 24 i assume? there are a lot of options that doesnt have a continuation yet, as far i can tell. i can say that the game does a great job introducing at it but the character creation its kinda limited, doesnt have any way to block some content (mostly for pplo that doesnt like some genres) and sometimes in the story its like if you are reading the declaration of independence (rlly long paragraphs) that for pplo that love this kind of game i think they will like it, its not bad, its just sometimes it is rlly long.

i will say that i might revisit this game in a future, for now its missing much content to add more variety and longevity to the game.

Stousbige

Jul 2, 2017
So are we talking forced transformation/sissyfication? Or should we have a "Invol" tag?
I agree with this question and feel like it should be restated since no one has answered it so far. Is transformation/sissyfication a big theme in this or is it at least voluntary? I don't mind transformation type stuff in games depending on what the creator goes for, but I'm not a big fan of it happening to the mc as apposed to another character and the game does sound interesting aside from this question

Reactions: Skalli

Skandranon

Nov 28, 2016
I agree with this question and feel like it should be restated since no one has answered it so far. Is transformation/sissyfication a big theme in this or is it at least voluntary? I don't mind transformation type stuff in games depending on what the creator goes for, but I'm not a big fan of it happening to the mc as apposed to another character and the game does sound interesting aside from this question
There's a little bit of everything. There's no unifying theme or goal. Left might get you forced sissyfication and right might get you into a completely platonic long-winded RWBY fanfic.

Its actually mostly decently well-written, but you're going knowing you're gonna hit something you don't like and there's no way to tell.

I like it, personally, buuuut its not for everybody.

Reactions: kalifianto

RichardCheese

Dec 15, 2017
Is transformation/sissyfication a big theme in this or is it at least voluntary?
Transformation: Yeah, pretty huge kink. TF as a whole encompasses a lot, especially in this game. You run the gambit of having to take the easter bunny's place and being turned into a bunny tf and becoming a raptor in another path. then you get all of the boiler-plate TFs: MtF, expansion, genital growth, et al.

Sissyfication: There's crossdressing and feminization done to the MC and you can feminize your father afaik.

Voluntary: Ehhhhhhh, kinda not really. A reason for that is that a majority of the content written is done for the teenager choice(s) and to put it in the author's words, "they have less free agency"

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Idk, it's kinda weird to talk about this game as a cohesive when it's more of a cyoa with wild variance in settings.

Nefasi

Oct 24, 2017
I found many of the routes to be quite good. Ive made judicious use of the back button to navigate through all the choices, and I came out with new fetishes.

It might not be linear as you want/completed, but its got some pretty damn hot scenes that I haven't really found elsewhere. Give a few routes a shot and you might find a good route that hits all your buttons. Skooma has been good about updating every week for patreons, or you can wait till the public release is dropped monthly. Version history bookmarks are a god send to go to the new content rather than trying to find it through the numerous routes.

Lazerz1928

Jun 21, 2017
At first I thought this game was gonna be as good as “Corruption of Champions” and “Trials in Tainted Space” because those two are “worlds” in their own right. They were both insanely immersive and comprehensive html hrpgs and the amount of content they both have is insane and they even decided to add lore to the various races in their games because their fans were beggin for more of their incredibly detailed and extensive content.

Looking at “Devious World” right now is a complete letdown for me. It’s good, but the version number, which is 24 btw, says a lot about how many revisions and edits that the base v1.0 had to have before people found it to be acceptable. I shudder to think about what v1.0 had been if people say that v24 is having a “it’s okay” response.

All in all, needs more content and if you don’t want to add to the amount of words and stuff to tthe game then at least get some damn good pictures.

At it’s current “point and click but you are limited to this scenario” state it’s in right now, it’s a 2/5.

Lazerz1928

Jun 21, 2017
"text based"
:':)':)':)':)':)'(
Then you haven’t played, “Corruption of Champions”, “Trials in Tainted Space”, and “Adam and Gaia” have you?

Check them out! You might even like them!

ponyguy

Engaged Member
Respected User
Feb 12, 2017
Then you haven’t played, “Corruption of Champions”, “Trials in Tainted Space”, and “Adam and Gaia” have you?
Do those have any art? 'Cause last I played the first two they didn't have any. No matter how well it's written, text only just doesn't do it for me sadly.

Zalzany

Apr 19, 2017

Check them out! You might even like them!

Those have sprites still, and image pack to boot for CoC, so poor choice, you can still jack it to the sprite while reading :p

RichardCheese

Dec 15, 2017
Devious World is a hidden gem among text-based smut. While it can't be compared to fleshed-out games like CoC/TiTs or Summertime Saga, it is, in it's own rights, a game worth looking into.

The game itself is more like a hodgepodge of various ideas put into the same structure then a true linear story. It's something that would be right at home on Chyoa.com.

UI 2/5 - One of the biggest hurdles new readers will have to face is the layout of DW as trudging through a swamp of dead paths and short lived breaths of writing can be discouraging. But when you stumble on a more in-depth story, then it becomes worth it as the quality of the writing starts to shine through.

Returning readers will be able to find hyperlinks starting them on the latest updated paths in the Version History window.

Writing 4/5 - The writing itself is pretty good and explores a very wide array of kinks. one of the main issues with the writing is not in the quality itself but how the game presents itself to you. You might be confronted with the choice of going left, or with going right. Where left will end in a series of lesbian cheerleader scenes, the right quickly has you turned into a condom and used by two giants fucking. (This is the actual choice presented and the actual outcomes btw)

More often then not, this leads to the feeling that things are just happening to you, rather than you having a semblance of control over the consequences or scenario.

This is partly due to most of the writing being done in the Teenager paths, where the author has stated that the teenagers are purposely written with very little free agency and are more malleable and open to what's happening. But if you're willing to go where the story takes you, you'll find you don't mind where you end up at.

Author- Skooma has been plugging away for over four years and doesn't seem to be stopping. He does weekly updates for patreons and does monthly updates for free. He's currently been doing 25k+ words per monthly of story content, meaning that 100 of those words aren't just descriptors for your bone zone.

Overall, it's worth a peek at the very least and don't be afraid to make judicious use of that back button in exploring all of the different paths and turns Devious World has to offer.

Reactions: jakhmonument

Forgeshield

Aug 5, 2016
take the easter bunny's place and being turned into a bunny tf and becoming a raptor in another path
x'Dx'Dx'D

Those genres are something else. Good luck with this one, but I don't think it's for me.

RichardCheese

Dec 15, 2017
x'Dx'Dx'D

Those genres are something else. Good luck with this one, but I don't think it's for me.
There's lesbian cheerleaders, busty succubi giving you the succ, fuck a mom or two. Or you could get turned into an onahole, or have a foam-suited cow enlarge your dick to the point of becoming immobile.

Shit happens in DW.

Reactions: kalifianto

jakhmonument

Apr 9, 2017
It's got the perennial problem of too much breadth and not enough depth. Even the deepest paths are a handful of chapters at most. Had to click through a lot before I actually got to a branch that didn't terminate in 3 unimplemented choices.

This sort of thing pisses me off about games in general: if the content isn't there, then don't waste our time with a dead end placeholder. Web designers learned to stop doing the "under construction" shit after the 90's. At least with CHYOA you can view the story maps to see where there's something worth reading.

As for the content itself, I'm not interested in furry, rape, sissy rape, bestiality or gore/vore so that's 90% of the story I skip over. CoC was fun because it was actually interactive and there was focus on characters, interactions and writing and you could conceivably avoid certain content by making choices. This, on the other hand, is just a jumble of random fetish rape scenarios where the characters, through which you are supposed to play/read, have no agency or personality aside from the initial description.

2/10 couldn't even laugh fap.

Reactions: BlackDahliaStudios

RichardCheese

Dec 15, 2017
Upcoming stuff in v25

Incubus Jamie progress- tags: Incubus-SonxSuccubus-Mother, non-PC corruption, slow corruption
Layla love path - Currently one split; tags: LezDom, dangerously close to PrepxGoth love/lust
FF7 debug stuff - Wall Holes, thrust shafts, latex suits are current splits. tags: Free Use, female penile growth, mind break, latex, living furniture
Ranma stuff - tags: Drug use/mind break/sexual slavery (both PC on one path, and PC dom on another), kidnapping
Rubber Buggy - tags; Female penile growth, mind blanking, mechanization(?)

assman39se76

May 14, 2017
I was wondering why there wasn't any preview pics in the OP, but after reading the reviews the first thing that struck me was the word TEXTBASED!! Why isn't it declared in the OP or in Genre description? TEXT games are not my cup of tea... Putting "textbased" in the description would have saved me my 30 seconds of curiosity and consequent letdown.. i'm probably not the only one...

Reactions: jericho

xןʞ

I trolled so N7 could soar.
Staff member
Donor
Jul 19, 2017
I was wondering why there wasn't any preview pics in the OP, but after reading the reviews the first thing that struck me was the word TEXTBASED!! Why isn't it declared in the OP or in Genre description? TEXT games are not my cup of tea... Putting "textbased" in the description would have saved me my 30 seconds of curiosity and consequent letdown.. i'm probably not the only one...
devious.jpg

Years of masturbation seems to have ruined your eyesight. :FeelsBadMan:

2.90 star(s) 51 Votes