PederBeder

Apr 6, 2021
Seriously? More new characters?! I understand that it is impossible to come up with a complete script at once, and it is easier to write by inspiration, but we have a thousand cropped stories, each of which takes 10 minutes at best, and 2 minutes in the usual case. In any case, the decision is up to the author, this is his business, but I just wonder when he wants to complete it, and if he completes it, give the fastest possible abrupt ending to the dump? I think it's time to take on one or two existing characters, and finally complete their stories.

TheGodUncle

Dec 2, 2017
Seriously? More new characters?! I understand that it is impossible to come up with a complete script at once, and it is easier to write by inspiration, but we have a thousand cropped stories, each of which takes 10 minutes at best, and 2 minutes in the usual case. In any case, the decision is up to the author, this is his business, but I just wonder when he wants to complete it, and if he completes it, give the fastest possible abrupt ending to the dump? I think it's time to take on one or two existing characters, and finally complete their stories.
You're not the first person to say this in this thread or to Skooma, but it's not going to change anything. Skooma just doesn't create the story that way. Unless he changes his mind you're shit out of luck.

AAmTT

Dec 10, 2018
Will the "devious digitizer" ever be updated? Why even include a link to it at this point when so little of the content is actually tagged anymore?
It's still useful because it lets you go view a whole choice tree even in nontagged content

Jasra343

Oct 4, 2018
I see contrasting tags.... some places have "pregnancy" and F95 doesn't. pregnancy would be nice if it's not in the game. would add more flavor, but if the story itself has enough flavor then it isn't needed

lolz008

Dec 13, 2019
It's still useful because it lets you go view a whole choice tree even in nontagged content
Where's that functionality? I see no button or link to click in the digitizer that actually displays a tree of the content, and the vast majority of new content isn't tagged, so you can't see anything in the "whole route" menu. It does let you see your past choices, but there's nothing I can see that spits out an actual tree of future choices.

AAmTT

Dec 10, 2018
Where's that functionality? I see no button or link to click in the digitizer that actually displays a tree of the content, and the vast majority of new content isn't tagged, so you can't see anything in the "whole route" menu. It does let you see your past choices, but there's nothing I can see that spits out an actual tree of future choices.
I'm talking about the past choices thing, I find it useful for navigating around especially when you go to new passages via version history.

What’s what? Never used it
Click Devious Digitizer in the sidebar of the game and then you drag a DW/DM file there and it gives you a couple extra features. It's not super useful since the tags aren't built out but I find the past choice tree useful

lolz008

Dec 13, 2019
Welp, I wrote a simple java program to search through the game's content and print out a full scene tree and some preliminary analysis on the types of scenes available. Here's a brief overview for those who are curious (like I obviously was). This info pertains only to the female version of Devious World, although the program would likely work on the other versions as well (I just haven't bothered to do so).

Total count of events referenced (including dead ends and placeholders): 6376
*These would be the number of links within the game

Count of unique event names: 2527
*The number of unique event IDs in the game's code that actually have some form of content attached (specifically, the number of matches for this regex: <div tiddler=\"(?<name>\w+)\".*?>(?<content>.*?)<\/div>)

Number of true dead ends (Those with ONLY placeholder links): 623
*Self explanatory

Number of events with at least ONE usable branch:1802
*Self explanatory

Number of orphan links: 102
*Number of events that exist in the code, but aren't referenced by any game events, and thus don't matter for my analysis

If you want I could probably generate a full choice tree as well, but I don't know how useful that would be to anyone.

Death Panda

May 8, 2023
Seriously? More new characters?!
The thing that gets me is the reasons cited for doing so: symmetry/fleshing out "unfinished" content. There's a million ways he could have taken that motivation and made things better, but instead he chose the one counterproductive option.

AAmTT

Dec 10, 2018

Public Release Folder

Yesterday
Someone suggested this like... uh, two weeks ago? And I meant to do it almost immediately, but...
... Yeah.
Ahem, anyway. This will be a folder containing all the most recent public releases of the various bits and pieces of the Devious games, so you don't have to go digging through the old public releases. I'll try to keep it up to date, but... uh... well, yeah, two weeks.
Anyhoo, the folder is

Xhianil

Jun 23, 2017
I haven't touched this in like three years, go down a path, all unavailable. Still the same game it was then.

TheGodUncle

Dec 2, 2017
I haven't touched this in like three years, go down a path, all unavailable. Still the same game it was then.
And again no one reads the thread. There is a lot of content in the game, if there is no content on the path you want to play you're just out of luck. There's no need to needlessly complain.

Xhianil

Jun 23, 2017
And again no one reads the thread. There is a lot of content in the game, if there is no content on the path you want to play you're just out of luck. There's no need to needlessly complain.
No, I saw the other people talking about it, but misery loves company, and disappointment is fine with forum threads.

Reactions: Lord Kentus

xana94

Nov 13, 2021
Public Release: World a96, Mundanity a40

Well the month was... it was. It was a thing and now it's almost gone and let's just say I'm relieved. For those of us in certain climates we can at least hope the worst of summer is behind us, everything else aside.

In any event, updates!

World (and Jamie)
  • Jamie can try the arrows key in the toolbox, or guess what his mom has planned for his birthday.
  • Femboy Mike can "damn the red rockets", or hang out with Kandi after work.
  • Cyan can decline to join Andi and Bambi's secret club.
Mundanity (which admittedly got the most focus)
  • New female character Saraelle has been added (blame this on a particularly vivid dream I had... specifically, I dreamed the scene where she walks into the Drow restaurant)
  • Riley can agree to be Tassita's roommate.
  • Marissa got the bulk of updates, with new options for villains to go after, continuing to investigate the mystery of the Silver Squad, and bonding with her new hero team
File is or .

Boejakka

Jul 22, 2017
He just keeps adding more dead weight on this thing. I wish he would smarten up and made a few of the more finished paths just a separate game. Sure there might be great stories in here but for the vast majority of people who try this it's the Twine version of Minesweeper without the hints.

2.80 star(s) 55 Votes