Ren'Py [DevThread] Alexia's Return or Tara's Liberation

4.00 star(s) 1 Vote

RandyTyr

Game Developer
Apr 30, 2021
First chapter of my game "Tara's liberation or Alexia's return" is ready! Guide Tara on her journey liberation from sexual taboos and crippling debt. Learn about her family background, and see the sign of Alexia's imminent return. Visuals are all based on Skyrim-screenshots (with a shitton of mods to provide the models, poses and animations). Renpy is used for the rest.

The main fetishes are Incest, Bestiality and Impregnation (the latter kicking in fully only later, but one pregnancy is already present). There is also a good helping of Loli/shota content, and Chapter 1 will have a strong prostitution theme.

I'm trying to put a somewhat different spin on the Corruption-genre. Instead of having the character's "Id" winning over her "Ego", until the character is controlled entirely by her sexual desires (as it seems to be common), I want to tell a story of how the character liberates herself from societal taboos on sex. The point is that she gains agency, rather than loses it.

The vast majority of the sex scenes is consual, but there is a little bit of rape/violent content. It can be switched off at the start, and rape in particular can all be avoided by the player.

Release thread

barbaraprega4.png danield12.png governessA14.png horsec6.png

Last edited:

Demoness_Kiss

Forum Fanatic
Jun 9, 2017
going to give it a fast try ^^ see ya soon as i'm done ^^

Update: The game has potential(the incest is the best route so far), if you manage to fix the minor grammar error and maybe improve the narrations/descriptions, and in the end improve the graphic(if the dev of Miri's corruption achieved, i don't see why you can't), achieve this and you'll have a great game on your hands ^^ not to mention that there is a lot of content for just...the first half of the first chapter XD

Last edited:

RandyTyr

Game Developer
Apr 30, 2021
Update: The game has potential(the incest is the best route so far), if you manage to fix the minor grammar error and maybe improve the narrations/descriptions, and in the end improve the graphic(if the dev of Miri's corruption achieved, i don't see why you can't), achieve this and you'll have a great game on your hands ^^ not to mention that there is a lot of content for just...the first half of the first chapter XD
Thanks a lot for trying this out! Judging how well the narration works is probably the hardest for me. After all, the point is to get a scene from my head into the audiences, and I already have it in my head :) I wonder whether you have any more concrete suggestions. Eg, should there be more text (I'm always wary of peoples' willingness to read)? Am I too inconsistent with the language I am using? Were there any scenes that stood out in narration quality, either way?

Demoness_Kiss

Forum Fanatic
Jun 9, 2017
Thanks a lot for trying this out! Judging how well the narration works is probably the hardest for me. After all, the point is to get a scene from my head into the audiences, and I already have it in my head :) I wonder whether you have any more concrete suggestions. Eg, should there be more text (I'm always wary of peoples' willingness to read)? Am I too inconsistent with the language I am using? Were there any scenes that stood out in narration quality, either way?
you either improve the graphic or read a few novels or manuals for improving the writing, for the dialogues and the grammar errors, programs such as Grammarly can help you with the grammar-checking

the rest no, it's pretty much good, you've an averagely good game already if you ask me ^^

RandyTyr

Game Developer
Apr 30, 2021
So, I have four more scenes with Tara's son Daniel done, which almost completes his story arch for the first chapter. I will probably produce another updated test version here soon. I've got a few ideas I'm tempted to put into Chapter 1, but that probably can wait for Chapter 2 (and its probably wiser to get Ch1 done asap).

I haven't changed anything substantial about the technical setup, but at least I like some of the new visuals much more.

For now I wanted to share some thoughts on "Why yet another incest game?"

There are two things I feel lacking with what is on offer overall in this genre. First, pairings. There is a lot of son/mom and bro/sis stuff, and a decentish amount of dad/dau. But grandpa/granddaughter seems very rare, and anything with the woman as MC even more so. It gets worse when we consider the overall dynamics: It's almost always a family with a single male member. I intend to have more variety, including family-threesomes and foursomes involving more than one male.

Second, incest pregnancy content. With a few awesome exceptions, this is mostly either just happening at the very end, or in a very over-the-top way (eg 23 Sisters, Mauo-Sama). My goal is to have plenty of incest pregnancy around early on (Chapter 2), but with some built-up. There is an incest taboo in my game world (although a bit weaker than in reality), and I try to have a bit on tension and actual taboo-breaking involved. We'll see whether I can pull that off.

Reactions: adams92

Demoness_Kiss

Forum Fanatic
Jun 9, 2017
So, I have four more scenes with Tara's son Daniel done, which almost completes his story arch for the first chapter. I will probably produce another updated test version here soon. I've got a few ideas I'm tempted to put into Chapter 1, but that probably can wait for Chapter 2 (and its probably wiser to get Ch1 done asap).

I haven't changed anything substantial about the technical setup, but at least I like some of the new visuals much more.

For now I wanted to share some thoughts on "Why yet another incest game?"

There are two things I feel lacking with what is on offer overall in this genre. First, pairings. There is a lot of son/mom and bro/sis stuff, and a decentish amount of dad/dau. But grandpa/granddaughter seems very rare, and anything with the woman as MC even more so. It gets worse when we consider the overall dynamics: It's almost always a family with a single male member. I intend to have more variety, including family-threesomes and foursomes involving more than one male.

Second, incest pregnancy content. With a few awesome exceptions, this is mostly either just happening at the very end, or in a very over-the-top way (eg 23 Sisters, Mauo-Sama). My goal is to have plenty of incest pregnancy around early on (Chapter 2), but with some built-up. There is an incest taboo in my game world (although a bit weaker than in reality), and I try to have a bit on tension and actual taboo-breaking involved. We'll see whether I can pull that off.

The grandparents/nephews is mostly about the risks of being flagged or sued or banned(or whatever is the punishment) for possible pedophilia content. Make sure that everyone looks adult(and not just letting the characters saying "i'm 18", because while it's fictional, people can have concerns, because animes these days do that constantly and it's like a cheap excuse to make lewd content with lolitas)

a Female MC who looks for the incest? That's new for me, so i'm glad.

For the pregnancy, then the issue lies more in the fact...unless it's something nonsensical(see 23 sisters, who basically went insane) making the newborn grow up fast, is considered cheap writing, and idiotic at worse(like a kick in the nuts of realism even in magical worlds)

i also wish that we'll get both routes, like MC gets so perverted that we'll get access to ALL scenes (i mean, branching may be good for replayability but some people don't like trying every possible choice until they see everything, they want to see everything in one-run)

Last edited:

RandyTyr

Game Developer
Apr 30, 2021
i also wish that we'll get both routes, like MC gets so perverted that we'll get access to ALL scenes (i mean, branching may be good for replayability but some people don't like trying every possible choice until they see everything, they want to see everything in one-run)
Definitely! Technically you can already unlock bestiality and incest in the same playthrough in 0.01, but due to a lack of scenes that can still increase Tara's liberation at already very high values, that would require very particular steps. In 0.02 there is enough stuff to actually reach the required liberation value easily. (Every repeatable scene only increases liberation up to a certain point, depending on what kind of stuff happens there.)

Making the player choose between options for no good reason is something I really dislike. And replayability doesn't count. There will be some scene where a choice is needed though. For example, there will be multiple candidates to take Miri's (the daughter) virginity, and picking one obviously rules out the others.

Reactions: Demoness_Kiss

RandyTyr

Game Developer
Apr 30, 2021
So, it turned out that 0.01 wasn't really half of Chapter 1. There is a bit more to do, but I present version 0.02 for now. Additions are some additional scenes with Dan (the son), the rest of Barbara's story arc for Chapter 1, the story arc of Hector and Achilles (Achilles is a stallion), and one more "random encounter" in the Inn.

What is still missing is the bandit story arc (to provide antagonists for Chapter 1), the mystery story arc (in which we learn more about Tara's past), and some development for Miri (the daughter). For the first, I need to figure out the proper balancing. For the latter, I don't have all scenes in mind yet. I want it to be more than just a female version of Dan's story.

Demoness_Kiss

Forum Fanatic
Jun 9, 2017
So, it turned out that 0.01 wasn't really half of Chapter 1. There is a bit more to do, but I present version 0.02 for now. Additions are some additional scenes with Dan (the son), the rest of Barbara's story arc for Chapter 1, the story arc of Hector and Achilles (Achilles is a stallion), and one more "random encounter" in the Inn.

What is still missing is the bandit story arc (to provide antagonists for Chapter 1), the mystery story arc (in which we learn more about Tara's past), and some development for Miri (the daughter). For the first, I need to figure out the proper balancing. For the latter, I don't have all scenes in mind yet. I want it to be more than just a female version of Dan's story.
the first part is good news u.u not even half chapter? It means that lots of content is incoming!(although someone else would say "make the full chapter and only then you release it, and no placeholders or we'll hunt you down!")

The second half of your post is also good news but not as good as the first half because still you need to work out stuff

RandyTyr

Game Developer
Apr 30, 2021
So, mystery arc is complete. Miri's development took way more scenes than I had anticipated, but I figured out how I want it to be. One more scene for her to shoot, and one to write that I already have the pictures for. For the bandits, I found a work-around for the balancing problem (my initial approach would have induced a significant gameplay different between the bestiality-first route and the incest-first route, which seems bad). And as a bonus, that means that I don't need two scenes anymore that I was feeling very conflicted about anyway. But overall, this leaves me at 4.5 scenes away from having a complete Chapter 1 (which when I will have to figure out how to do the "official release").

• Yay, new update!

Demoness_Kiss

Forum Fanatic
Jun 9, 2017
So, mystery arc is complete. Miri's development took way more scenes than I had anticipated, but I figured out how I want it to be. One more scene for her to shoot, and one to write that I already have the pictures for. For the bandits, I found a work-around for the balancing problem (my initial approach would have induced a significant gameplay different between the bestiality-first route and the incest-first route, which seems bad). And as a bonus, that means that I don't need two scenes anymore that I was feeling very conflicted about anyway. But overall, this leaves me at 4.5 scenes away from having a complete Chapter 1 (which when I will have to figure out how to do the "official release").
well the dev shared what Mods he is using a few times...if you wanna change the graphic, you can try...don't know if you need a good PC tho XD

RandyTyr

Game Developer
Apr 30, 2021
I've finished the first story arc for Chapter 2! It is (hopefully?) quite a bit longer than the average is to be, at 5k words, 91 pictures and 5 animations spread out over 7 scenes.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

The main arc for Chapter 2 is rather straight-forward. If you've played through Chapter 1, you'll know what to expect. There is also a small side quest making sure that coin is still relevant in Chapter 2. I've got a few misc events planned. But the main meat will be the "Liberate Character X"-arcs. I have some figured out, but in case anyone has ideas they want to offer, or particular stuff they'd love to see, let me know.

I also need to decide on whether it should be possible to just tunnel one individual story arc, or whether some kind of cool down makes sense.

RandyTyr

Game Developer
Apr 30, 2021
As I'm working on Chapter 2, I need to decide on the pregnancy mechanics. Overall, I want pregnancy to be simultaneously plentiful and meaningful. The latter includes for me that at least most pregancies will happen on purpose, and that the identity of the father is important.

Thus, female characters that I want to have frequent vaginal sex, or that aren't ready for motherhood yet, will be "chewing the barrenroot" (stolen from Vae Victis, a game you need to check out if you haven't done so yet). This is essentially a fantasy-compatible version of the pill. If a character is not ready for motherhood and not on the pill, scenes involving her having vaginal intercourse will be blocked (with few exceptions).

Notably, Chapter 2 will see Tara getting off the pill and subsequently knocked up. There is a choice of potential fathers. Each unprotected sex act will have a certain chance for Tara to get pregnant (I'm currently thinking 1 out of 3). You can either only do scenes with your preferred babydaddy until she catches, or let fate decide.

Barrenroot yes/no and chance will be the only factors for conception, I'm not going to be doing any monthly-cycle-tracking or stuff.

Side characters just get visibly pregnant after a set amount of days (currently 15). During the delay they don't appear. For Tara this obviously wouldn't work well. The solution for now is that Tara's pregnancy will visibly develop through Chapter 3 (which covers her exploration of Alexia's temple).

Current plan for number of impregnations possible in Chapter 2: 5 (this may go up or down)

• Red Heart
Reactions: Doorknob22

LewdLewy

Jun 29, 2021
I played through and really liked chapter one. Although, I am little confused in by the graphics because aren't there a ton of graphic overhaul mods for Skyrim along with the sex mods?

RandyTyr are you going to enhance the player models for future releases? This other recent game that also uses Skyrim screenshots lists their entire modlist in the Developer Notes section. You might want to check it out.

Either way, I'm loving what you've done so far.

RandyTyr

Game Developer
Apr 30, 2021
I played through and really liked chapter one. Although, I am little confused in by the graphics because aren't there a ton of graphic overhaul mods for Skyrim along with the sex mods?

RandyTyr are you going to enhance the player models for future releases? This other recent game that also uses Skyrim screenshots lists their entire modlist in the Developer Notes section. You might want to check it out.
Short answer: Yes, I'm at least trying.

Long answer: I've only installed my first ever Skyrim mod a few weeks ago, because I wanted to make this game, rather than getting into the game with any pre-existing Skyrim modding experience. And imho, modding Skyrim really isn't straight-forward. The complexity of dependencies on other mods etc is quite remarkable! And in many cases, you need to pick suitable options when installing, or mess around with the files to get them to run under the AE edition, etc.

I keep looking for mods that give me better quality visuals, characters, animations or just tools to make the events happen on screen that I want. For Chapter 2 in particular I have several graphic improvement mods installed that I hope will yield nicer looking pictures. But overall, composing and writing scenes is more fun than messing around with mods.

I did look at the mod list for Miri's Corruption when I started, but it is not that straight-forward to figure out which mods I really should use, which might be handy, etc. It's too long for me to just install everything, and even then there would be all the extra steps needed to reproduce LewdAnnieMay's visuals. And I don't even want to do that - her style is great, but a bit too anime for what I want to accomplish. Also, I suspect that a lot of effort and skill goes into finetuning her setup for each individual shot.

Reactions: LewdLewy

RandyTyr

Game Developer
Apr 30, 2021
So, here is a demonstration of where I've gotten to graphics-wise. monastery13.png

Tara needs to read a book from the "Forbidden Section" of a library. How might she convince the two elderly librarians? I think we all know how.

RandyTyr

Game Developer
Apr 30, 2021
I just finished the first of Tara's impregnation scenes in Chapter 2. I also have 3 out of 6 liberation arcs, and one random event. Altogether, this took about 15k words, compared to the close to 30k words for Chapter 1. This seems to indicate that Chapter 2 will be a bit longer than Chapter 1 (although there will be a more mutually exclusive content).

MaskOfMirth

Mar 7, 2020
Short answer: Yes, I'm at least trying.

Long answer: I've only installed my first ever Skyrim mod a few weeks ago, because I wanted to make this game, rather than getting into the game with any pre-existing Skyrim modding experience. And imho, modding Skyrim really isn't straight-forward. The complexity of dependencies on other mods etc is quite remarkable! And in many cases, you need to pick suitable options when installing, or mess around with the files to get them to run under the AE edition, etc.

I keep looking for mods that give me better quality visuals, characters, animations or just tools to make the events happen on screen that I want. For Chapter 2 in particular I have several graphic improvement mods installed that I hope will yield nicer looking pictures. But overall, composing and writing scenes is more fun than messing around with mods.

I did look at the mod list for Miri's Corruption when I started, but it is not that straight-forward to figure out which mods I really should use, which might be handy, etc. It's too long for me to just install everything, and even then there would be all the extra steps needed to reproduce LewdAnnieMay's visuals. And I don't even want to do that - her style is great, but a bit too anime for what I want to accomplish. Also, I suspect that a lot of effort and skill goes into finetuning her setup for each individual shot.
While not a perfect tool, Vortex Mod Manager basically does all of the work for you. It orders your mod list, and tells you when there is a conflict. Its worth checking into if you plan on continuing your game.

RandyTyr

Game Developer
Apr 30, 2021
While not a perfect tool, Vortex Mod Manager basically does all of the work for you. It orders your mod list, and tells you when there is a conflict. Its worth checking into if you plan on continuing your game.
I've been using Mod Organizer 2, which seems to be working well. Modding Skyrim without some kind of mod manager must be a nightmare, just already when it comes to deinstalling broken mods (or if eg some person accidentally installs the LE version of a mod rather than the SE version and wonders why everything is broken).

jackeasy

Aug 23, 2017
Love the game. Definitely checks a lot of boxes, and I'm surprised that I haven't seen more attempts at using Skyrim mods like this.

My only feedback would be to recommend adding options for a little more player agency. It would be impractical to add assets for most/all potential outcomes in a given scene, but just adding an option that lets the player opt out of scenarios they don't find appealing goes a long way. You've already done just that for a few I noticed. However, it feels that the player is railroaded into certain encounters, some of which don't have an exit, just to increase liberation and unlock follow up scenes with content they want to engage with. But this could also be a lack of understanding on my part about what's happening in the variables.

If the intent is for Tara to have no desire for exclusivity, and it sounds like it is, any agency you give the player would at least allow them the illusion of it. Even within certain fetishes I think it wouldn't hurt to allow for exceptions. Like someone might enjoy bestiality but isn't into specific animals.

Looking forward to what you come up with.

4.00 star(s) 1 Vote