Others DiBS: Tentacles in Spaaace [v0.7.3] [MoxieTouch]

4.60 star(s) 8 Votes
Sep 3, 2020
It seems like the game has been updated on the itch.io page. Could it be updated here, too? There are not enough 2d shooter games where tentacles are the main threat. There's only like, this one and Captivity.

Reactions: DeynanDescafeinado

DenseFool

Oct 30, 2020
It seems like the game has been updated on the itch.io page. Could it be updated here, too? There are not enough 2d shooter games where tentacles are the main threat. There's only like, this one and Captivity.
As far as i can tell there is no difference between 0.2.5b and 0.2.5c other than one was released on patreon early and one on itch.io (from what i can tell from changelog anyway)

Reactions: Luraisbottomtext

DenseFool

Oct 30, 2020
A debug release from the discord. Not a stable release and meant for bug collection (hence debug lol)

DiBS_0.2.7_DEBUG_01

[MEGA, ~100 MB](https://mega.nz/folder/oRxmwJTR#cQJPvjCzv2MYxrP_hbMkJg)

Surprise debug! This is just to gather bugs while working on the levels.

New Things
- Extras added.
- Added new "wolf" cinema animation.
- Added (broken) wolf interact.
- Mox can sit in the mainhub.
- New splash screen.
- Commands
- showkoubold
- givesnack
- deletesettingsfile

Changes
- Koubold sends mox to the save room,
- Replaced water area with a 'breather' corridor.

Bugfixes
- Fixed ammo duplicating after leaving room.
- Fixed snack icon not being removed after giving.
- Fixed vending machine duplicating snack after giving.

Known Bugs
- Cursor doesn't show up in fullscreen for some people (could not replicate)

TanukiDanuki

Jan 31, 2018
Version 2.8 seems to have been released on Patreon. It is not currently available on the itch.io page at the time of posting this reply.

DenseFool

Oct 30, 2020
Version 2.8 seems to have been released on Patreon. It is not currently available on the itch.io page at the time of posting this reply.
Latest Patreon Post

What's Worked On
Downloads
Levels
Train

This is legitimately one of the cooler levels I got to work on, at least in terms of atmosphere.
Currently, Mox can wait in the front of the carriage until the destination, or clear out the train.
There are still more things I'd like to add (namely sound effects + meaningful reward at the end of the carriage + make it longer). But this should be a building block to hopefully a cool level!

Wolf Interact

We have different wolf interacts now! Depending on how well-dressed Mox is, he has an ever-so-slightly different reaction. Plus, he also drops his cinema tape. It looks so goofy.
Also planning on a mini quest for koubold and wolf to persuade them to their home planet, but that's for much later.
Speed Up Tenta-icons

It's back! This was an old mechanic that made the tenta-icons move faster. No one noticed or understood it, so was disabled in 0.1.7. Now, it has visual feedback and it's done with the more intuitive 'right-click' instead of 'space'.
More New Things
  • Added "wolf" cinema tape, dropped after saucy.
  • Mox can sit in the mainhub.
  • Koubold finally sends Mox to the save room.
  • Clicking on stamina bar can skip minigame.
  • New splash screen.
New Commands
  • showkoubold
  • givesnack
  • deletesettingsfile
Changes
  • Replaced water area with a 'breather' corridor for pacing.
---
Known new bugs
  • Cursor disappears when in fullscreen (haven't been able to replicate bug. Seems fixed though.)
Bugfixes
  • Fixed duplicating dropped ammo when exiting level.
  • Fixed umbrella broken in gallery.
  • Fixed snack icon not being removed after giving.
  • Fixed vending machine duplicating snack after giving.
  • Fixed crashing when settings file is outdated.
What to expect next post:
  • Next dev-cycle roadmap (June 5)
Finally, we get more roadmaps. See you then!
What's Worked On
Downloads
Levels
Train

This is legitimately one of the cooler levels I got to work on, at least in terms of atmosphere.
Currently, Mox can wait in the front of the carriage until the destination, or clear out the train.
There are still more things I'd like to add (namely sound effects + meaningful reward at the end of the carriage + make it longer). But this should be a building block to hopefully a cool level!
Wolf Interact

We have different wolf interacts now! Depending on how well-dressed Mox is, he has an ever-so-slightly different reaction. Plus, he also drops his cinema tape. It looks so goofy.
Also planning on a mini quest for koubold and wolf to persuade them to their home planet, but that's for much later.
Speed Up Tenta-icons

It's back! This was an old mechanic that made the tenta-icons move faster. No one noticed or understood it, so was disabled in 0.1.7. Now, it has visual feedback and it's done with the more intuitive 'right-click' instead of 'space'.
More New Things
  • New splash screen.
New Commands
  • showkoubold
  • givesnack
  • deletesettingsfile
Changes
---
Known new bugs
  • Cursor disappears when in fullscreen (haven't been able to replicate bug. Seems fixed though.)
Bugfixes

Catnatic

Nov 25, 2021
what does the "frisky" option in the modes menu do?
Seems to just make the character naked if you want to get straight into the sex.
It's basically a toggle of enabling/disabling clothes 'health'.

Interestingly enough, there was an early build where she can already be penetrated with the suit on (albeit torn).
suiton.png
That was before the 0.0.20 build where she can be stripped naked which is nice but I kind of miss it and would like to see it again somehow in a newer build. I wish I still have those early builds because unfortunately, the for the archive that contained those builds is dead.

Also, I just like to point out that I noticed her expression has changed since the last build I've played.
DiBS_0.1.0e_pck-0000000199.png
She seem to have gotten into it since the 0.10.0f build:
DiBS_0.1.0f_pck-0000000206.png

Reactions: anon241

makeitso

Jul 29, 2018
She seem to have gotten into it since the 0.10.0f build
Yep. The developer did a 180 on the mood of the game when it comes to the sexy stuff. It's been rationalised, but isn't really reflected in gameplay - still plays like a horror story with a clueless/opposed protagonist.

Catnatic

Nov 25, 2021
Yep. The developer did a 180 on the mood of the game when it comes to the sexy stuff. It's been rationalised, but isn't really reflected in gameplay - still plays like a horror story with a clueless/opposed protagonist.
I think that would have been fine if the protagonist gradually gets into it by having sex enough times but as it currently stands, it's a little jarring that she's excited during sex despite looking nervous outside of it.

moohoo

May 13, 2018
I think that would have been fine if the protagonist gradually gets into it by having sex enough times but as it currently stands, it's a little jarring that she's excited during sex despite looking nervous outside of it.
supposedly it's consentacles from the beginning but unless you went on their thread on ULMF or their discord, you would never have known this. There will also be no impreg.

Reactions: anon241

sagesilli

Apr 24, 2018
Latest Patreon Post

What's Worked On
Downloads
Levels
Train

Wolf Interact

Speed Up Tenta-icons

More New Things
  • New splash screen.
New Commands
  • showkoubold
  • givesnack
  • deletesettingsfile
Changes
---
Known new bugs
Bugfixes
What's Worked On
Downloads
Levels
Train

Wolf Interact

Speed Up Tenta-icons

More New Things
  • New splash screen.
New Commands
  • showkoubold
  • givesnack
  • deletesettingsfile
Changes
---
Known new bugs
Bugfixes
The linux version seems to have violated the terms of service rather quickly.

cell943

Oct 14, 2017
Is anyone else having the character just randomly stop moving? It's not my keyboard, as I can hold down the a/d/left/right keys in other programs (and games) and see the input continue.

Edit: Either restarting the game or disconnecting my controller seems to have fixed it.

Ferghus

Engaged Member
Aug 25, 2017
Anyone know if there's a way to open the door near the exit of the room where you encounter the flytrap under a blinking lightbulb? There should be a pile of ammo in the platforms above it.

P.S. I wish I knew earlier that you could attack while restrained. Could have saved me so many bullets.

Last edited:
4.60 star(s) 8 Votes