Deneuve

Aug 6, 2017
Sucks that the dev left here, while Secret of the House is janky and kind of MTL-ish in its dialogue, it does give off that old Newgrounds feel to it which I liked.

Surprisingly though, I gravitated more towards "If You Do", seems like a fun RTS-like game.

DragoonC

Apr 26, 2020
I had to give up on "The secret of the house" because it is literally a shitshow of a game.
First of all, no skipping possible, no backtracing, no gallery.
Second i kept getting exception since day 8 forth that rendered me from advancing.
Near end of day 8 i couldnt get any trash bags from the kitchen anymore, it always just said "thats where mom stores trash bags ..." . Loaded a save file from here for day 9. Still getting a lot of exceptions, cant advance any fruther because it wont let me got to the pond in the park to find the cat, just keeps telling me "i need to gather some ingredients first to go there". And i literally follow every walkthrough there is and had everything up to this point.
Then I thought, ok ilets seee if i can fix the variables myself and had a look into it, but guess what...as the developer i hungarian, he used hungarian language as the code variables instead of english like the games language...frickin' hell.
So...big F for this game, cant advance, dont want to load another save game and miss content just because there is no gallery to have a look at it again.

ikstarven

Dec 1, 2019
Art is good, but gameplay is trash, it's forcibly slowed down, actions that take a second take >30 seconds, I guess it's to hide the fact that the game is real short and there's barely any content
Also ifyoudo is broken, when the king orders you to pay taxes, you will have negative total IN EVERYTHING except leather

Last edited:
Reactions: chen780106

Deneuve

Aug 6, 2017
Art is good, but gameplay is trash, it's forcibly slowed down, actions that take a second take >30 seconds, I guess it's to hide the fact that the game is real short and there's barely any content
Also ifyoudo is broken, when the king orders you to pay taxes, you will have negative total IN EVERYTHING except leather
That's why you balance out your workers. You can talk to the soldier near the huntress to see the total output of your guys, if they're hitting positives then you'll make more than you lose.

And as long as you're hitting 1.0 on gold, you're gonna do well enough to hit 60 gold for the taxes every "month".

There's a point in the game that you kinda run out of forest to hunt, and your food and leather takes a massive blow, so try your best to create the farm as soon as possible because your food will take massive drains. (This was the only part so far that gave me a hard time).

Sniper010

Jul 17, 2018
Why is there no one to complete the project ? :(

Is Inusen the only artist in this world able to complete it ? :mad:

What nonsense. Are the artists in this world finished? Most of the games are nonsense . :confused:

ikstarven

Dec 1, 2019
That's why you balance out your workers. You can talk to the soldier near the huntress to see the total output of your guys, if they're hitting positives then you'll make more than you lose.

And as long as you're hitting 1.0 on gold, you're gonna do well enough to hit 60 gold for the taxes every "month".

There's a point in the game that you kinda run out of forest to hunt, and your food and leather takes a massive blow, so try your best to create the farm as soon as possible because your food will take massive drains. (This was the only part so far that gave me a hard time).
You don't understand, at that time EVERYTHING is in negative cuz 20 villagers are as soldiers, trying to balance out workers is bullshit, I only lived through it cuz i had like 5k in everything and was selling leather. I lived through but now I'm stuck
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:

twichman

Dec 4, 2018
You don't understand, at that time EVERYTHING is in negative cuz 20 villagers are as soldiers, trying to balance out workers is bullshit, I only lived through it cuz i had like 5k in everything and was selling leather. I lived through but now I'm stuck
Simple advice - don't play this unfinished buggy shit.

Deneuve

Aug 6, 2017
Wait, you got soldiers now?
I will admit I'm also stuck because I looked up a guide video and I saw that at some point the king asks for you to build a bridge and that unlocks the horse, and that was when the guide had like 80 max peasants. I have 200 peasants now, but that event never triggered for me, and I think the quest I have (look for blacksmith and look for scions) needs me to have access to the other areas.

For reference, here's my stuff.
1637156116357.png

From what I saw in the guide video, the horse should be between the old witch and the rock mine.

ikstarven

Dec 1, 2019
Wait, you got soldiers now?
I will admit I'm also stuck because I looked up a guide video and I saw that at some point the king asks for you to build a bridge and that unlocks the horse, and that was when the guide had like 80 max peasants. I have 200 peasants now, but that event never triggered for me, and I think the quest I have (look for blacksmith and look for scions) needs me to have access to the other areas.

For reference, here's my stuff.
View attachment 1504491

From what I saw in the guide video, the horse should be between the old witch and the rock mine.
that third row which shows zero shows "soldiers" although you never get them, the guide guy tells you to appoint villagers on other duties as "soldiers", like building odett's house, sending them to the king, plucking the field, etc.
I built the bridge, though I had the horse even before I built it, the horse only goes to the Bubbling Valley, which is empty, and the king still hasn't contacted me for like 30 minutes in real time after I built the bridge(villagers maxed out at 130, no new dialogues from villagers, basically stuck), so I don't bother with this game anymore

Last edited:

Deneuve

Aug 6, 2017
that third row which shows zero shows "soldiers" although you never get them, the guide guy tells you to appoint villagers on other duties as "soldiers", like building odett's house, sending them to the king, plucking the field, etc.
I built the bridge, though I had the horse even before I built it, the horse only goes to the Bubbling Valley, which is empty, and the king still hasn't contacted me for like 30 minutes in real time after I built the bridge(villagers maxed out at 130, no new dialogues from villagers, basically stuck), so I don't bother with this game anymore

Hmm, I guess it is buggy. That's a shame, I would actually give the game a shot again, I fairly liked it. But at this point, I'd rather play it after it's finished and ironed out the rough bugs and patched it up.

Reactions: Third Leg

Noce

Game Developer
Feb 3, 2017
I know it has nothing to do with games, but what do you think of the comics? As always the art is on another level, but the story is too random XD View attachment 1512286
I really don't like the comics as much as the games (not because the game has a good story more like animations are good) because the stories like always don't make sense.

Last edited:

Kakato

Engaged Member
Feb 25, 2017
I really don't like the comics as much as the games (not because the game has a good story more like animations are good) because of the stories like always they don't make sense.
The comics are not that bad IMHO. The main problem is that they never ever get a conclusion. I don't recall reading a comic and saying to myself at the end " well, I wasn't expecting that conclusion " or " I didn't like this ending ". Milftoon is notorious for not giving conclusions to it's products, be it be a game or a comic. Now, is Inusen going to adopt the same approach ? Time will tell.

Noce

Game Developer
Feb 3, 2017
The comics are not that bad IMHO. The main problem is that they never ever get a conclusion. I don't recall reading a comic and saying to myself at the end " well, I wasn't expecting that conclusion " or " I didn't like this ending ". Milftoon is notorious for not giving conclusions to it's products, be it be a game or a comic. Now, is Inusen going to adopt the same approach ? Time will tell.
I don't think he will adopt that approach after all he's gathering patreons every month but I think this game will end in those same quotes you mentioned " well, I wasn't expecting that conclusion " or " I didn't like this ending ".

Because... well you have played the game and it does have the same skeleton as the comics.

Reactions: Kakato

SOYVALENTINA

Jul 5, 2021
I know it has nothing to do with games, but what do you think of the comics? As always the art is on another level, but the story is too random XD View attachment 1512286
yes the story is completely random, at least is good to see this type of art used on a comic , sadly is not updated like a normal comic and we need to wait so much for see page like this only for undress

2.50 star(s) 41 Votes