gaaby

Game Developer
Jan 6, 2018
Well I tried to fix your savefile, for some reason you didn't go to any therapy event nor have done the work sub events, try doing them now, I believe that probably happened because you changed the values in the console, if you dont get all content now, consider playing from scratch

Aug 13, 2017
Great I have no coding skill but I've tried to help gabby myself it was just extremely harsh the way you worded it about doing this to the players on purpose, and giving a version with bugs in it. Almost all games on this site the public build has bugs. I'm guessing so does the Patron build, corrections just need to be made for both. Hot fixes and such, that's why I only play online versions of still in development games any more.
Rather than think about it as this guy is being rude have you considered that it's just how they speak. The internet brings together a lot of people. Nothing they said was too harsh and even the dev admitted they had a point.

What reason is there to release an update that has bugs and when told about said bugs tell people they'll have to wait for the next update? Even if the intention wasn't there all that's basically being interpreted by people is "if you want it fixed go to my patreon or wait." If the issue has already been fixed why not release a patch to it? Now the implication is that if there are any bugs major or minor in the future they won't be dealt with and if they are you'll have to wait for the next release despite the issue being solved for people who pay them. You can make the argument that "every game releases on this site with bugs its not a big deal".

First, that's a bad argument and secondly there are just as many games that release with bugs that get bugfixes and patches almost instantly when they're brought up in the threads by the developers.

Aug 13, 2017
I've said it before, there is more sub content than dom but there is dom content in the game already, I just introduced the start of two dom storylines in this update aswell, v0.12 will have more dom content, it's slowly being added though, sorry
Seems you've run into the problem I warned you about a while back. Not that it's a big deal, but like I said then. It's clear you have a bias towards the sub/fem route which is fine but if you advertise something for your game and it's lacking with only the constant promise of "soon" people will get frustrated.

gaaby

Game Developer
Jan 6, 2018
Rather than think about it as this guy is being rude have you considered that it's just how they speak. The internet brings together a lot of people. Nothing they said was too harsh and even the dev admitted they had a point.

What reason is there to release an update that has bugs and when told about said bugs tell people they'll have to wait for the next update? Even if the intention wasn't there all that's basically being interpreted by people is "if you want it fixed go to my patreon or wait." If the issue has already been fixed why not release a patch to it? Now the implication is that if there are any bugs major or minor in the future they won't be dealt with and if they are you'll have to wait for the next release despite the issue being solved for people who pay them. You can make the argument that "every game releases on this site with bugs its not a big deal".

First, that's a bad argument and secondly there are just as many games that release with bugs that get bugfixes and patches almost instantly when they're brought up in the threads by the developers.
I totally agree and as soon as I saw what he was saying I posted a patch with an html with that fixed, I just didnt realise how bad that would look like and it wasnt my intention for people to be forced to pay for a next version to play it without a bug, my bad.

gaaby

Game Developer
Jan 6, 2018
Seems you've run into the problem I warned you about a while back. Not that it's a big deal, but like I said then. It's clear you have a bias towards the sub/fem route which is fine but if you advertise something for your game and it's lacking with only the constant promise of "soon" people will get frustrated.
I understand the frustration I cannot say people aren't in their right to be frustrated about that but I do want to make that route it'll just take time for it to develop, I am not ignoring it though, I have plans for it and im actively working on it

Druid64

Dec 11, 2019

I have but again it came across harsh so I said something then also apologized if it wasn't their intent. and later acknowledged the fixes needed to be made for both in the post you quoted.

Aug 13, 2017
I totally agree and as soon as I saw what he was saying I posted a patch with an html with that fixed, I just didnt realise how bad that would look like and it wasnt my intention for people to be forced to pay for a next version to play it without a bug, my bad.
Is there something I need to do on the first day before sleeping? I'm stuck at night and there's no option to sleep in my room.

gaaby

Game Developer
Jan 6, 2018
Is there something I need to do on the first day before sleeping? I'm stuck at night and there's no option to sleep in my room.
That is very weird, nothing should stop you from sleeping and advancing to the next day, could you send me your savefile?

Feyschek

Game Developer
Jun 12, 2021
I was not rude or harsh, it's just that this attitude of developers infuriates me.

Why do I hear the same mantra from all the developers every time that I will fix bugs in the next game updates! Have they forgotten that in addition to the update, there is such a thing as hot fixes?

The funny thing is, well, my patrons did everything and everything is OK, but is it okay that these people are ordinary players with no experience in the field of testing?

It's just that the last game that was the last drop in this coffin lid for me was this crap!

https://f95zone.to/threads/corpo-life-v0-17c-corpolife_dev.136520/

gaaby
Believe me, you're an angel compared to him.

Reactions: gaaby

Druid64

Dec 11, 2019
I was not rude or harsh, it's just that this attitude of developers infuriates me.

Why do I hear the same mantra from all the developers every time that I will fix bugs in the next game updates! Have they forgotten that in addition to the update, there is such a thing as hot fixes?

The funny thing is, well, my patrons did everything and everything is OK, but is it okay that these people are ordinary players with no experience in the field of testing?

It's just that the last game that was the last drop in this coffin lid for me was this crap!

https://f95zone.to/threads/corpo-life-v0-17c-corpolife_dev.136520/

gaaby
Believe me, you're an angel compared to him.
Yes after we spoke I apologized as I understood it was not your intent but being frustrated can come across as Harsh to bystanders so I said something. I was explaining that to another guy and that we both said something about Hot fixes and fixing both the patreon and public files that is all my last post was about no need to go over this again really. Again my apologies as I know you are only trying to help and I have seen many posts from you that are not as abrupt as this was so we're all cool right?

And I do not play Corpolife games :ROFLMAO:

Feyschek

Game Developer
Jun 12, 2021
Yes after we spoke I apologized as I understood it was not your intent but being frustrated can come across as Harsh to bystanders so I said something. I was explaining that to another guy and that we both said something about Hot fixes and fixing both the patreon and public files that is all my last post was about no need to go over this again really. Again my apologies as I know you are only trying to help and I have seen many posts from you that are not as abrupt as this was so we're all cool right?
I understood you perfectly and I don't blame you, at first you thought differently, then looked at it differently and came to a different conclusion.

This is what constructive dialogue is called. We talked, we understood each other, and that's all, as you said, that's the most important thing.

I will add that I criticize such games where they use content that is not their property. I will add that I am very glad that patron has started to get rid of such garbage on its site, although this will not make developers think that they are scammers. They will continue to make money from piracy....

And I do not play Corpolife games :ROFLMAO:
You're lucky, I was banned from his topics for such statements :)

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Druid64

Spyderwraith

Jul 21, 2017
your tips need work i keep seeing "you're ready for new content" but it tells me nothing about where it is

HPkingt1

Jan 24, 2018
The left sidebar comes too far over on Joiplay. I'm not sure if you make the game for that, but just thought you should know :)

Feyschek

Game Developer
Jun 12, 2021
The left sidebar comes too far over on Joiplay. I'm not sure if you make the game for that, but just thought you should know :)
If you mean about the phone, everything is complicated here.

A more precise adjustment of the stylesheet in the engine is required in order to adapt the game to the phone. Therefore, if the author has the main PC platform, then this causes some difficulties.

gaaby

Game Developer
Jan 6, 2018
your tips need work i keep seeing "you're ready for new content" but it tells me nothing about where it is
Bare in mind that when there is an event it will appear there, the ready for new content means you are ready when it appears because there is a delay of 3 days when you play an event so you cannot have two events in a row

gaaby

Game Developer
Jan 6, 2018
I’m aware yes but thank you for reminding me again I have to change that

2.60 star(s) 5 Votes