Ren'Py Dissonance [v0.10 Part 2] [L_Elyot]

4.30 star(s) 24 Votes

L_Elyot

Dissonance Dev
Game Developer
Dec 2, 2022
Hmmm...haven't really gotten any time where it's like roaming or choosing to meet girls in different locations, so I'm guessing that's part of sandbox? And linear auto plays everything? Or am I just not deep enough?

Sorry not the most familiar with the terms for renpy and novels. And if so...is it worth using sandbox mode at all? I did get used to the whole talking to girls in different locations on certain days thing but not sure if it's the same here with and without sandbox
Yeah, Linear mode will show you every event you're meant to see in a playthrough in sequence.

I'd really just recommend staying in Linear mode. The only thing you're missing in Sandbox mode is the repeatable generic events and h-events (for the few that have them) that offer a bit of fluff. Even then, I plan on adding a way for the generic events to be viewable in the event replay for characters later on, so in the long term you wouldn't miss anything and would save yourself the time spent clicking around for events or working out where to go / what to do in the guide.

Realistically, the only reason it's even still in the game is that there are some people who prefer the extra bit of interactivity Sandbox provides, so I'll be keeping it as is. It definitely will not be an option in the next story I write in the future.

Apologies for the radio silence by the way, update got put on the backburner while I worked out some stuff and read through some other things for more inspiration. Story might end up feeling a bit rocky since I hope to try and experiment more with different styles of writing for the future (though I don't want it to feel completely alien to what came before, either). I've got progress trackers and preview images available on the discord, though I might just share some of them here (with them being spoilered for those that don't want to see them, of course).

Jul 31, 2021
Apologies for the radio silence by the way, update got put on the backburner while I worked out some stuff and read through some other things for more inspiration. Story might end up feeling a bit rocky since I hope to try and experiment more with different styles of writing for the future (though I don't want it to feel completely alien to what came before, either). I've got progress trackers and preview images available on the discord, though I might just share some of them here (with them being spoilered for those that don't want to see them, of course).
Take your time mate, it's good to hear from you at least. I'm interested to know what you're going to come up with next so I'm tempted to hop on discord but for now I'll keep waiting for the update.

Reactions: L_Elyot
4.30 star(s) 24 Votes