Fan Art [DMD] Dating my Daughter: Art Assets Thread

args48

Jun 12, 2020
It's a fresh install of Daz3D using Daz Central and then I installed the Genesis 3 starter essentials using DAZ Central.

Tried again:
Installed Daz Central
Clicked "Install Daz3D Studio" inside Daz Central.
Launched it. Closed it.
Clicked install Gesnesis 3 Starter inside Daz Central.
Launched Daz3D Studio.

Still only male listed under figures. I see both female and male for Genesis 8. What gives?

Last edited:

fried

Almost
Donor
Nov 11, 2017
It's a fresh install of Daz3D using Daz Central and then I installed the Genesis 3 starter essentials using DAZ Central.

Tried again:
Installed Daz Central
Clicked "Install Daz3D Studio" inside Daz Central.
Launched it. Closed it.
Clicked install Gesnesis 3 Starter inside Daz Central.
Launched Daz3D Studio.

Still only male listed under figures. I see both female and male for Genesis 8. What gives?
I find that Daz Central has problems. Especially with existing configurations, but for new it's supposed to be a quicker way to get going. Since you are having issues with it, perhaps try the older app:

Maybe wipe out your current install and start fresh again with this install manager. When running DIM, you should see items to check in the Ready to Download tab, including "Genesis 3 Starter Essentials Female," among other things. Ensure that items which go into the "Ready to Install" tab are either auto-installed or you select them and "Start Queue" to install them.

mei-chan

Sep 5, 2018
Yea, don't use any of those download and install managers. Just download the normal Daz Studio installer (without central or manager or so) and install it. Then download the individual pakages you want and just install them manually.

(It's on the bottom of the download list, under additional content. Just choose the right exe/whateverMacUses and you are good to go.)

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
Soooo, was wondering about Jen's Father... apparently she has an Uncle that offers them a place to stay on Day 32...

As far as I can tell, he's strongly based on FSWA Brayden HD for Leo 7:

Leo 7 has more intense eye area creases, but Brayden's ear shape is closer. Playing with the Leo/Brayden morph mix might help...

Hair:
Fraser Hair looks pretty close, might be a closer match out there...

I'm already using Brayden in my crossover comic for Dee's dad... but that's my problem, not y'alls!

Scratch the earlier suggestions. I've been playing around with various figures, and yeah the previous suggestions are problematic.

Jen's Uncle's name is Walter (looked that one up in the .rpy file).

First off, the hair. Finlay hair is closer, although not an exact match...

As for the skin texture, pretty sure we are talking Finn for Edward 8 skin textures, 'cuz the eyebrows and under eye coloration/shape are pretty much dead on...

HOWEVER, Edward 8 looks a little too old, although his eye structure looks good. Finn's morph dial helps, EXCEPT for the chin cleft, which presumably could be dialed back out. Soooo, still experimenting/checking out Edward 8 addon characters. Carry on!

Edit 2:

Sooo, Tristan 8 for Uncle Walter...

Hair is Axel Hair. The Hairstyle looks pretty much dead on.

The face shape for Tristan 8 is also very promising, although I still recommend using Finn's skin textures (he's in the Edward 8 Pro bundle). Might need a few more tweaks - I'm looking at things now to see what if any fine tuning morph wise may be needed.

Anyways, still experimenting, but yeah, Tristan 8, with Finn for Edward 8 skin textures, and Axel Hair:

Still pondering adjustments, I'll post up a pic later.

Anyways, back to whatever the **** I'm doing at the moment!@

Last edited:
Reactions: fried

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
Followup on Uncle Walter (Jen's Uncle)

Head:

Body, Skin Textures:

Hair:

My current morph mix:
Tristan 8 Head: 100%
Finn Body: 100%
Edward 8 Body: 60%
Fitness, Fitness Details, Fitness Size: 50%
Youth Head Width: 100%
Jaw Height: 100%
Cheeks Young: 100%
Eyes Height: -100%
Nose Height: -25%
Nose Wing Upper Height: 50%
Nose Wing Width: -50%
Face Round: -50%
Face Young: 25%
HT Face Center Wide: -25%

BTW, the shirt obviously isn't the same shirt. No idea which shirt Uncle Walter is actually wearing. I used Just Josh for G3M, but it doesn't have shirt pockets, and used a shader for the stripe patten (which doesn't quite match of course). I also custom dialed the hair colors, couldn't find a hair texture color that seemed to match up with the pic...

That's my current mix anyways. Feel free to tweak away, with whichever morphs you may have at your disposal!
;)

Lex Liber

Jul 18, 2020
Thanks for tips from Rich and other guys.
I got a model wich is close to D only from Filia and Lilja. Not she is but I`ll keep trying, I very like her romantic F-D-dating image in story.

As it`s noted above, the nose, jaws, cheeks, brows and maybe some face proportions (mouth) of the mix of basic models demand the adjust.

Also I think the Dolly Body For Genesis 3 Female by GuhzCoituz (renderotica) is very helpful for fast adjust D body (in line with picked above G3 morphs, Breast Control Morphs and Growing Up morphs for G3).

Lex Liber

Jul 18, 2020
At the same time, I think that this is also the intuitive insight of the author of the original model, and everyone who tries to create D will inevitably have only his own model. The original D is a kind of part of the author's soul, embedded in the bends of geometry. This is precisely what cannot be repeated. The image of D made me admire her, feel how bright and beautiful the fire of real life can be in a girl like D, in a life not constrained by petty thoughts and feelings, and regret that in my life I have not met such fire and radiance!
Sorry for the platitudes, I'm just fascinated by D and this romantic story.

Lex Liber

Jul 18, 2020
It's definitely a different take on 'D', but that's not a bad thing. Other fan artists do have their own 'take' on 'D' that diverges from the game character a bit, artistic license and all that.
Yes, of course, thanks for the rating. I think I will no longer create "D" for the public, because it is still a character of MrDots. I just made a replica ( with a bit of a cheerful mood ) of course)

Last edited:

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
Yes, of course, thanks for the rating. I think I will no longer create "D" for the public, because it is still a character of MrDots. I just made a replica ( with a bit of a cheerful mood ) of course)
That hasn't stopped quite a few of us... See the DMD Fanart Thread... 231 pages and counting!

We'd love to see your 'D' related renders in that thread if you are so inclined. I think that a number of people would really like your take on 'D'!

That's the entire point of fanart - sharing your interpretation of whatever you may be a fan of!

Reactions: fried and Lex Liber

Lex Liber

Jul 18, 2020
That hasn't stopped quite a few of us... See the DMD Fanart Thread... 231 pages and counting!

We'd love to see your 'D' related renders in that thread if you are so inclined. I think that a number of people would really like your take on 'D'!

That's the entire point of fanart - sharing your interpretation of whatever you may be a fan of!
Thank you, of course, I did not forbid myself to make replicas) I just explained my attitude to my work. Of course there is only one real D. And I treat her with respect) And the replicas can be considered as a kind of admiration and a light jokes))

Thanks for the warm welcome anyway!

fried

Almost
Donor
Nov 11, 2017
looking for this outfit View attachment 753841
I would probably need to see more detail of that outfit for a better match, but found these two (free) catsuit/bodysuit outfits, added some quick color/texture and reused some Melody scenery (with bad lighting, sorry) to demonstrate how they look:

catsuit G3F 01 Iray 01.png

Left suit: (with hand/head/face surfaces hidden via the Tools pane when the Geometry Editor was selected)

Right suit:

ccd17

Nov 24, 2017
Does anyone know what Jennifer's dress is? The blue one with the white top, not the cafe one.

thanks.

Trikus

May 31, 2020
OK I give up. I have no idea what I'm missing but its alot more then whats listed for Dee.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Try this:

and this:

The nails aren't critical. Use anything.

Skeltom

Engaged Member
Oct 9, 2017
Try this:

and this:

The nails aren't critical. Use anything.
That worked wonders, thanks a lot.

Reactions: Trikus