Do you like games where the content will show after you lose?

Do you like games where the content will show after you lose?

• Total voters
Apr 26, 2020
I don't know, it kind of feels like you are punished for winning in that case. I prefer it if there is an incentive to win or just take the path you desire.

chainedpanda

Jun 26, 2017
Typically, the fetishes shown in such scenes have no interest for me. NTR, femdom, humiliation, etc. The other side are female protagonists, and I can't get into that genre personally.

Virulenz

Engaged Member
Sep 27, 2017
I dont play to lose, i play to get a little break from reality, do what i want and dont let anyone/anything stand in my way. Thats why i prefer to cheat every game to skip boring grinding, have always money and reduce the possibility of losing. Its also the reason for me to mod games if possible and not playing online. ^^

Ninthja

Jan 6, 2020
If it is something like after you lose you will see some hentai content but the game wont end by saying "you dead bitch" and make you load all that shit again and start over, I will immediately delete the game. Im not here to look at loading screens every time I lose just to see defeat animations with every single one of them. But Im okay with the ones where you can lose to someone and see hentai content but try again without having to see a game end screen or having to load shit up again. I usually lose to see hentai then manage to beat their asses off the next time I see them. I also would like to be able to do hentai content with npcs or other stuff without having to combat all the time. Like Virgin Island for example.

Assman4Life

Sep 9, 2020
I don't. My desire to fap is equivocal to my desire to win so either way it'll feel like I'm losing 50% of my goal 100% of the time (if that made sense)

It's like, if a game's mechanics run deeper than clicking, if I can jump, run, shoot (etc) then I'm gonna want to win the game even if I don't get any H scenes. The problem is, What's the point of playing an H game if you don't get any H scenes?

On the flip side, If intentionally lose, I'll never progress the game in a satisfying manner. I'll force myself to progress to get to the next area or what have you, lose, unlock another scene, then begrudgingly proceed to the next area repeating this until I've beaten the game.

I could unlock every scene first and THEN use the scene gallery (if any) to fully enjoy the scenes, but given the amount of effort it would take to do that, I may as well fire up Hollow Knight and get a better sense of accomplishment or play an H game where I don't have to lose to get the goods.

The Fabled

Nov 22, 2019
loseing to get a full galery unlocked is anoying in any game i have played so far. normaly the gallery unlocks after you have beaten the game or unlock a certain thing *or person fallen angel perfect example* to have access to it. *fallen angel however doesn't require you to die or lose to see it if you win against a boss it's yours except for the small fries before the boss but pretty sure you'll collect theres just by getting grabed once then theirs is added your still alive after that* but when i look at the gallery and see question marks and can't access and see the unlock conditions is to lose i start to get slightly annoied cause one i don't like to lose to any eniemy boss or not and earning something for loseing doesn't sit well with me. It annoies my even further if it happening dureing the story to where my Charater is about to get raped and even though i grinded ALOT she still can't shake off the eneimy that grabed or suprised her/him they are like lvl 50 or 60 and that a low lvl creature yet the cutscene stops them from tear that small fry a new ass. but i have ranted alittle and got of topic no i don't like loseing to see content if they lose to me then their animation should just be add to the gallery not force the player to losejust to get it.

DownTheDrain

Donor
Aug 25, 2017
Games with lose for lewds mechanics rarely appeal to me.
9 times out of 10 it's just a female protag rape simulator and I don't touch those anyway.

Pretentious Goblin

Devoted Member
Nov 3, 2017
I used to enjoy those ryona games, then I took an arrow in the knee got into corruption instead. Ideally, those run-or-rape games, and especially Game Over Rape, should take queues from Super Meat Boy (as much as I hate that game), in that you lose basically no progress when you have to reset. That doesn't mean they have to be made up of self-contained screens without persistent resources like SMB is, but the game should be set up to autosave at the start of the current screen, and be instantly loadable with the press of a key, so that you can quickly go back after you screwed your character over on purpose.

Papa Lewd

Game Developer
Oct 12, 2019
In general, no, but there might be ways it can be done creatively. But even then, I wouldn't want it to be the main driving point of the game. The way I imagine it is if you have alternate scenes if you lose that might still be intriguing, but are optional, and the main scenes are unlocked through playing the game "normally". But games where you only get rewarded for losing, that just doesn't do anything for me.

Cryswar

The Profound Dorkness
Game Developer
May 31, 2019
It depends on the game/setting, but in general I tolerate rather than like it. I would rather be rewarded for playing well than punished for trying to win. Props to the rare game that lets you view both defeat and victory scenes if you win.

That said, some games do a decent job of making the setting/gameplay work with it, or offer it as a consolation prize, and they're aight.

If the idea of winning and losing both offering different rewards is baked into the game, it can be cool. Not many examples of that, though. All too often you get actively punished for wanting to see the H content and that's fundamentally weird to me.