Collection - VN - Ren'Py - Completed - Do You Like Horny Bunnies? Remastered - Complete Collection [Final] [ZyX]

1. 3.00 star(s)

youmustbejoking

Ah, a classic from the old generation now brought back to life with upscaled graphics and remastered sound. But does this still hold up or is it nothing but a nostalgia trip? Let's find out.

When it comes to the story for both novels the things are as basic as they can be: you're a dude who starts working at a restaurant where the waitresses wear bunny girl costumes. That's about it. There is very little development going on with the girls. The novels are basically a series of loosely connected slice-of-life moments and H-scenes.

One thing to note going forward is that this is essentially a fetish title. Apart from the obvious playboy bunny theme that permeates their entire length, each girl brings her own fetish to the table. Coupled that with the near non-existence of the plot and the tropeyness of each girl, this means that your enjoyment of these titles will be determined by your affinity towards each fetish. Basically you won't be reading these for the girls, but for the fetishes that they bring to the table. As such I would say that the DYLHB series is a classic example of nukige in action. If you're here for hentai then you've come to the right place!

DYLHB1 has you in the role of Yukari, an effeminate looking guy, who starts working at Platinum, a posh restaurant where all the waitresses wear sexy bunny girl costumes. Your manager, Akina, tells you that the girls are frustrated from working hard and you should help them relieve stress. And boy let me tell you that these hoes are horny as fuck! After Akina mercifully robs you of your virginity you are free to start romancing any of the girls in the typical "choose which girl you want to talk to" fashion. The girls and their fetishes are as follows:

Akina fits the MILF archetype, so romance her if you're into the whole older woman / younger man thing.

Sae is your cousin, so romance her if you're from Alabama. She's also an exhibitionist. She's also the most "normal" out of the bunch, making her one of my favorites.

Hiromi is a piss fountain who pisses herself whenever she has an orgasm while crying gomen nasaaaaaai over and over again. I don't like her design, I hate the fetish, and I just can't stand her in general. Into the garbage bin she goes.

Chimaki is a mischievous pervert and a total nymphomaniac with a petite figure, so romance her if you're a lolicon. She also only likes it in the back door, so she can keep Hiromi company in the trash can.

Ryo is a tsundere with a yamato nadeshiko figure and a big bundle of issues, so romance her if you like girls with problems. Seriously what the fuck were they thinking when the wrote her? She has a fetish for semen and will go to great lengths to obtain it because of... things that happened in her past. Seriously wtf Japan? Probably best girl.

My rating of the girls in DYLHB1 would be Ryo>Akina>Sae>Chimaki>Hiromi.

DYLHB2 takes it up a notch and you play an older guy Named Kazuma with an actual career who works as a sommelier in a restaurant in France. You meet by chance with Sumika, an ex of yours from college in Japan. You find out that she got married but is unhappy in her relationship, so naturally being the alpha male giga chad destroyer of pussy that you are you immediately proceed to cucking her husband. After the deed she tells you that she works for a restaurant in Japan named Platinum Oceanside (ring any bells?) and asks you to come work with her. So the girls this time around are:

Sumika is your previous ex and cheating whore, but her husband is also cheating on her so that's ok I guess. Romance her if you're into forbidden relationships. Very nice girl overall though.

Madoka is uh... well, I guess they decided to go with a safe choice, so she's just your average girl who is an exhibitionist. Just like Sae was. Yeah, they were running out of ideas at one point. Again, nice girl.

Makoto is a kind and motherly girl with HUEG BOBS who also happens to lactate even if she isn't pregnant, so romance her if you want to save money on milk. Probably the best girl.

Shiori is a total pervert who likes to master bate. A lot. And I mean A LOOOOT. Kind of like the target audience for this type of game. She's also a good all-rounder who enjoys a wide variety of stuff in bed, so romance her if you want a good all-rounder. Ties with Makoto as best girl.

Misuzu is an annoying tsundere who acts the way she does because she enjoys being punished. Romance her if you want to be the S to her M. Had the potential to be best girl, but the writer went overboard with her bitchiness. Probably worst girl.

My rating of the girls in DYLHB2 would be Makoto=Shiori>Madoka=Sumika>Misuzu.

The old characters from DYLHB1 also make an appearance at one point and bring along their own H-scenes, so I guess that's the developer's way of putting in fan service ;-)

You might have noticed that I enjoyed the girls in the second title more and you would be right in that assertion. The girls in the first title are completely defined by their fetish, so unless you have all of those described above, you will likely dislike some of them. Meanwhile the girls in DYLHB2 aren't so one dimensional. Their H-scenes have a decent mix of vanilla and fetish so that it's much more palatable for the general audience. They each have a distinct trope to them, but they aren't solely defined by them as they were in the first novel. With that I can say that the writing between the two novels did indeed, dare I say it, improve! I think people overlook the fact that it's not so easy to write this kind of smut as it first looks.

Sadly there is no harem route, but luckily there are numerous threesomes and foursomes and they are arguably the hottest scenes too.

You will be prompted for input at multiple points during the novels and the choices aren't always so obvious. If you want to avoid saving and reloading a lot, I'd suggest using a walkthrough if you're a completionist and want to unlock all of the CGs.

Speaking of which JAST released this doublepack in the form of a remaster. The biggest draw is the upscaled graphics which look really good in my opinion, so I have zero complaints here. The backgrounds are beatuiful and the girls look gorgeous. The CGs in DYLHB2 also have more variations with more cumshots, whereas the first one is more stingy in this regard.

While on the topic of graphics, one of the main selling points of these visual novels back in the day were the animated scenes. Yes! Animated H-scenes! Honestly they look pretty decent considering their age. Not all scenes are animated but every girl gets a couple of them and they're really hot! I wish animated H-scenes were a standard in the industry. Oh well.

Speaking of which, you can also save all of the unlocked CGs to disk with one click of a menu button which is super useful! Sadly the animations aren't saved as .gifs. I wish more visual novels had this feature. Why this isn't more widespread is beyond me.

As for the sounds, it's what you would expect. Good VA and forgettable music.

The interface is super clean and I could set up the auto speed exactly to where I wanted. There's no skip button in the menu however. You'll have to hold ctrl to skip the already read parts.

The remasters were also done so that they would run well on all modern systems, including Windows, Linux, and Mac, but for some reason I could not get DYLHB1 to get running natively on Linux so I had to use Wine. Not sure what was up with that, but I thought that it needed to be mentioned.

Overall what can be said about the Do You Like Horny Bunnies saga? Not much, except that if you like the old-school art style and horny bunny girls then you should probably give it a try. Just be aware of what fetishes you're ok with.

I give DYLHB1 two stars because it's just a nukige and I didn't like two of the girls, and give DYLHB2 three stars because the girls were better and it was just overall a more enjoyable experience for me. Two and and a half stars, rounded up to three because bunny girls are actually my fetish.

Good, but not essential. Fans of playboy bunnies should definitely throw a look. As for the others, well, probably not so much.

Total read time: DYLHB1 13 h and DYLHB2 14 h (listened to all the moans)