Does anyone here like the NTR genre?

RudeStudio

Game Developer
Oct 28, 2022
  1. NTR is a genre that destroys any story, it's copy and paste. NTR female protagonist games are the same.
  2. If your game is NTR make it full NTR and not avoidable NTR garbage because it's never avoidable.
  3. Will you add this genre in a nNTR game? don't cry later
  4. Using planned tags, people will ignore it and they don't waste their time.
It's true

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
It's true
It's not. I'm not even a fan of netorare, but everything can be shit and nothing can be shit. It depends upon the writers, the artists, the creatives involved.

The person you quote has an obvious agenda because they hate netorare. To agree with them is foolish. That would be like agreeing with a person who has an obvious agenda because they love netorare. It's just as foolish. Those people are just wanting creators to cater to their own personal desires and wishes and damn everyone else.

I have seen netorare done well. I have seen it done like shit. I have seen harem done well. I have seen it done like shit.

It's not the genre. It's the creator who choses to develop in that genre. It's their knowledge, their skills, their abilities, their talents that matter.

ajajkajadha

Jun 26, 2022
you will have arguments for both sides.

The question here is: do you want to capitalize on this audience or create something you really like?
People definitely like NTR, there's even a tag just for that. NTR is not something local, it is something enjoyed worldwide.

So yes, there is an audience... but do you want to do something good or capitalize on it?
How long can you commit to the project? Have you been doing research? what type of NTR (understanding here that you are talking about Netorare)? corruption with clothing change? or simply a change in mood/personality? If it's the second case, you'll need a story that really engages people, as they'll need to read a lot to notice the nuances of the character's change. And if you go with clothing change, you will need more time to develop the renders, but perhaps this will give you a pass for certain dissonances in the story.
Or you want to do both? (Which is most preferable for the longevity and engagement of your work).
The amount of questions is infinite, but for ME, personally, would think about this before use NTR in my games.

Everything comes down to the question that is being repeatedly done on this thread: do YOU, as a creator, enjoy working with NTR?

RudeStudio

Game Developer
Oct 28, 2022
This, this right here is why there are so many fights and people get pissed with devs.

I hate it, I'll never do it again, but only after I do it again. ...

That is one giant red flag waving back and forth saying "If you don't like certain content, don't support me or touch my game till it's done, because I might just suprise you 6 updates in and do the thing I said I won't. "
Haha :v I just make only 1 game include NTR

RudeStudio

Game Developer
Oct 28, 2022
you will have arguments for both sides.

The question here is: do you want to capitalize on this audience or create something you really like?
People definitely like NTR, there's even a tag just for that. NTR is not something local, it is something enjoyed worldwide.

So yes, there is an audience... but do you want to do something good or capitalize on it?
How long can you commit to the project? Have you been doing research? what type of NTR (understanding here that you are talking about Netorare)? corruption with clothing change? or simply a change in mood/personality? If it's the second case, you'll need a story that really engages people, as they'll need to read a lot to notice the nuances of the character's change. And if you go with clothing change, you will need more time to develop the renders, but perhaps this will give you a pass for certain dissonances in the story.
Or you want to do both? (Which is most preferable for the longevity and engagement of your work).
The amount of questions is infinite, but for ME, personally, would think about this before use NTR in my games.

Everything comes down to the question that is being repeatedly done on this thread: do YOU, as a creator, enjoy working with NTR?
The reason is I'm new dev and I just want to know more about players :v Now I have the answer, thank you so much

Reactions: ajajkajadha

Nando650000

May 16, 2023
I like it only if I am the man who Stole the wife of another man examples: NTR Legend, NTR aholic, Handyman Legend
A have seen a Lot of games with an NTR TAG the developers always Give and option to the player if they want to see that kind of content if not the Game automaticaly skip the NTR content
Sorry if You don't understand me me English is not god

Reactions: RudeStudio