• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

VN - Ren'Py - Dog Days of Summer [Rework v0.2.1b] [BlackWeb Games]

1. 5.00 star(s)

.N9

Here i am dumbstruck by this VN. I was so not into FemPro and only lesbian action, but then this VN happened :KEK:

Pros :
    • The characters are great, especially Eva, good job on that :love: The hairstyle ? loving it, well except for the MC, too plain but not a biggie for me
    • The story, its great, branches out pretty well not just 1 plain road. Hoping there will be romance here and could date the girls, because so far it's all just because of carnal instinct
    • The background is decent
    As v0.4.3 goes, my experience was amazing. The story is great and there are plenty of scenes on the side for all the horndogs out there

The typos are here and there, its mixing things up a little bit and downright confusing. Because of this i would rate this VN 4.5, not possible i know but hey i will give it a 5, maybe the writer has a sausage for fingers

I could see this VN be a successful project, if the dev could keep it up. So far, the dev Aced it! could not wait for the next update

HAVE TO GIVE THIS ONE A RIDE!! ~
  2. 5.00 star(s)

Avakao

This is actually a great game. So many choices that even in the current state I'm playing, and replaying while waiting for more.
    The graphics are great, and the design better than most VN is in the same category.
    I really hope this one gets finished, it would be great to see the endings a game like this can have.
  3. 4.00 star(s)

Sorrow85

Okay, this is my first review and my English is not good so try to understand if there are any mistakes and I’m not good at making reviews even in my native language.

But now the game:

The game tells the story of Vivian, who has been straight but then meets a mystical woman named Tara and from whose kiss Vivian's life takes a new direction and this direction can be changed by the player.

And usually I don’t lie or I don’t want to lie but fuck sake how many directions/routes there are in the game.
    But as you logically think about it, the more opportunities the game offers you, it prolongs the game's development time and I hope the BWG also takes a vacation not to burnout itself out with this.

As for the characters, it's really interesting to see how you can "change" Vivian's personality and I really believe that there are favorite characters to suit all tastes(Mom, Eva, Des etc)

Yeah, I sometimes hear it said that this is a "short" game which may be true but if you start exploring the game in more depth then you will notice that you are a Labyrinth and here comes the good or bad part of the game.
    If you don’t play the game more than once, it will offer you something you may not even like or it may offer you something you have never even dreamed of.

So I recommend playing many times and find your own favorite routes.

So why only four stars, I would actually give 4.5 but 5 would mean a game is "pefect" so thats why I give four stars.

Try, like it and explore what opportunities the game offers for you.
  4. 5.00 star(s)

AlecSpecter

Amazing so far!!!
    I wish there were more lesbian games with Incest, and this one has a cool plot too. I really hope you complete it.
    The only negative are the typos, but I can live well with those if the rest is this good,
  5. 5.00 star(s)

veselqku

The game is interesting with the fact that there is a possibility for a complete transformation of the main character. In its entirety it will be very interesting and there will be many intermediate tasks with interesting twists. Good game!
  6. 5.00 star(s)

prpa

Great lesbian game, amazing writing (dev wrote books in the past, and it shows), interesting story, great sex scenes, well writen and interesting characters, even mc which is rare.

Game is made as visual novel, so no grinding, and no pointless animations which is another plus (for me), so dev can focus on writing, character development and story.
  7. 4.00 star(s)

KrystofDayne

Reviewing v0.3.8. TLDR included.

There are a lot of positive things that could (and shall) be said about this particular visual novel. But I do have some minor to medium-sized nitpicks. So let's get into it.

Characters (5 stars)

I really enjoyed this diverse cast of characters. All of them seem deep and complex and with complicated backgrounds even if not all of them get that much screen time. And for nearly all of them there still remain lingering questions about their motives. I find Evaline and Tara especially intriguing but I can't really say too many bad things about the other characters either.
    I especially related a lot to Vivian and this is one of these rare games where the MC might actually be my favourite character. I did think that her acceptance of her bi or possibly completely lesbian identity was a bit too rushed (I'm bi myself, and believe me, that acceptance didn't come overnight; no matter if a catalyst like Tara is thrown in there), so that threw me off a bit but all in all, I think she's very relatable while still having a strong, unique personality with her witty, self-deprecating manner.

Story (5 stars)

I also very much enjoyed the general trajectory of the story. Between the mystery of Tara as a whole, the weird deal Rebeca seems about to go into with Malina, the uncertain future of Vivian and just general character backgrounds waiting to be explored (just tell me already what exactly happened between Des and Evaline), there are a lot of moving pieces but I didn't feel overwhelmed at any given point.
    I think the pace of the story generally feels pretty natural (apart from the lightning-fast lesbianification of Vivian) and I like the rhythm in which the different story elements are being explored.

Gameplay (3.5 stars)

Here's the point where we might be moving into some 'meh' territory. In general, I like that the dev chose to go with the pure visual novel approach here; free roam and grinding and all that can be fun, but I feel like it's very dangerous and there are a lot of devs that misstep once they venture into that particular style of gameplay. So overall, I'm pretty happy that the dev in this instance chose to forgo that route.
    My biggest issue lies with what I like to call the Being-A-DIK-problem: having loads of choices and a huge branching structure of the story while not being provided with any means to help you along in finding all the good lewd stuff—which, I would think if others have a similar sort of completionist mind like myself, is one of the primary goals of these sorts of VN's that don't offer you any other sort of feeling of achievement apart from "reading the story to the end". And that last one isn't really satisfying in the way that reading a book can be satisfying because you know that you haven't actually experienced the whole story.
    In my experience, the best way to remedy that situation is by adding a sex scene gallery, where the scenes are named even when not yet unlocked something like "Evaline scene 1" or "Evaline day 4" or "Evaline & Vivian scissoring". That way you know what you're missing and you might try and figure out a route to get to it and you also know when you have found everything of import.
    That is of course just a suggestion but I'd like to see some way of fixing this situation in future updates, otherwise the game won't really be satisfying to me (or other people like me) long term, in the same manner that I've stopped enjoying BAD after a while for all its virtues.

Visuals (3.5 stars)

So in general, the renders and the models are really not that bad, I quite enjoy them actually.
    The problem here doesn't seem to stem from a lack of talent by the dev but a lack of time or effort or proper equipment to speed some processes along allowing for better results.
    While the renders of the models are mostly really good, every model only seems to have a handful of poses that we ever see them in (except for sex scenes which I'll get to). And apart from the models themselves, the rest of what you're seeing on-screen are just some extremely generic-looking backgrounds and environments that the models aren't actually standing in (requiring more rendering work and time) but just in front of as sprites. That makes the action feel pretty detached and somewhat immersion-breaking.
    The sex scenes are better... but also lacking. In these scenes, and these scenes only, the models are actually featured interacting with the environment, not just standing in front of it, but the action still feels very standstill. For any given sex scene there are still not more than a handful of renders while the action described in the text is much more dynamic; but we don't see it on-screen. If you're not gonna do dynamic animations—which I get, they're extremely time-consuming to produce and still oftentimes unsatisfying and robotic—then at least give me a few more renders during the sex scenes so that they match the action that we read about.

Writing (3 stars)

In terms of natural dialogue or sentence structuring, the writing is really not that bad. Improvable, but I really don't expect a Dostoevsky writing these smut games.
    The really big problem, and which cost a lot of my nerves while playing, are the endless amounts of typos and spelling mistakes, and both of them are annoying in their own way.
    Now these are not the same thing. Typos occur when you just literally mistype on the keyboard by mistake, something that happens to all of us. I would still think that 80-90% percent of these typos should be really easy to weed out by just rereading the text yourself a couple times, not even hiring a proofreader, so it's really irritating to see just how common these typos are.

But when you see the amount of spelling mistakes, so instances where the dev actually didn't seem to know how to spell words I'd expect from a fifth-grader, then maybe the amount of typos aren't as shocking.
    E.g. "she pursued the dresses" (perused), "I spoke my pease" (piece), "If it's finantual I can offer you a job" (financial), "sentually" (sensually), "I think it obvious you're not exactly a phalathapist" (philanthropist? I'm actually not sure...)
    I'd maybe chalk it up to the Engrish of a non-native speaker but as far as I can tell from the Subscribestar page of the dev, that's not the case (and the writing doesn't read that way anyway, it's not bad English, just misspelled constantly) so I just have to assume a simply terrible grasp of English orthography.
    Normally I'm pretty chill with spelling mistakes and typos, English isn't my native language either and while I've improved a lot, it really isn't that easy, but here it was actually hard to enjoy reading the story because you couldn't go a couple of dialogue exchanges without seeing a typographical or orthographic mistake or two, so that was really annoying.

Conclusion

Despite its flaws or apparent underdevelopment, the story and the characters hooked me enough to want to continue on with further updates. And after reviewing and playing a lot of games that wanted to focus almost exclusively on the renders, general graphics and animated sex scenes but ignored putting seemingly any effort into writing, character development or enjoyable gameplay, I can't, overall, criticize this game too harshly—in many ways, it was a breath of fresh air.
    So yeah, if the dev gets enough backers, they might be able to invest in some more powerful hardware, enabling more and better renders, and hopefully, please, hire a proofreader, and then this game might rightly belong in the upper tier.

TL;DR: Great characters and story which seem to outweigh the mostly average visuals and at least off-put somewhat the tons of typos and spelling mistakes.
  8. 5.00 star(s)

Ghostredneck

Art style is unique a well done. Story is engaging and interesting. MC is well thought out and draws players intrest in choices. This is an AVN that when i was finished with the avail content was satisfied and wanting more. Will definately be watching this title and dev!!
  9. 5.00 star(s)

elsanna_iduna

First, my main reason for 5 stars is simply this: NO OTHER GAME goes the M/D route unabashedly like DDOS does, and those that promise this rare-dynamic seem to abandon the game long before anything exciting actually happens . I'm grateful that this dev decided to deliver the goods quickly. And there seems to be so much more fun to be had via future developments.

PROS: Great lesbian taboo content, wide variety of branching paths and interesting results from choices, hot models, MC gets hotter throughout via clothing and haircut changes as her sexual confidence improves, and more.

I'm proud to be a supporter of this dev and look forward to future updates and hopefully a finished product in the future.

PS: IF ANY OF YOU enjoy the same kinks as I do, I highly recommend you support this dev, as you know like I do how rare it is to get this kind of lesbian content.
  10. 5.00 star(s)

eightypercent

DDoS has become one of my favourite VNs... and its all about the writing/story and the MC. The story so far is compelling and promises much. The MC is simply amzing because... She is flawed. She is not the hottest woman around. She has a fecking personality. Lush!
  11. 5.00 star(s)

MrLakes1579

I really like this one. Female protagonist game with a major (exclusive?!) focus on lesbian content with the option of being domme or sub.

I like the concept that it could get complicated with any of the ladies, like with lots of options with each of them. Only initial thing that bugs me is feels like it's too easy to lock out the incest content, but still early so hopefully more opportunities will present themselves.

But it feels like on top of the option for lots of wild sex there should also be an opportunity to fall in love with a good number of the ladies.

This game is like a wishlist for me made into an actual game.

Only thing I'd changes is keep the option open for MC to keep her glasses on more. I actually think she looks hotter with them and I still think she could be a mega slut/sub/domme and still rock the glasses.
  12. 4.00 star(s)

Deleted member 1044747

She likes girls

The good
    • Realistic looking and acting characters.
    • Music
    • Decent dialogue and story
    • Good amount of meaningful choices
    • A pure lesbian path
    • MC - despite being sort of a daisy - is refreshingly witty and sarcastic.
    • Subtle humour

The improvable
    • MC's face looks kinda unflattering / uncanny.
    • Rebeca looks almost identical to Vivian (when I first saw her on the banner, I mistook her for the MC - and when first meeting her, I suspected she might be the MC's unknown sister).
    • Some backdrops are overly blurred.
    • Tara & the sex toy scene were introduced too early (the dev should have taken a bit more time to portray Vivian and her every day life before throwing her - and us - into the lewd).
    • At times convoluted & obscure choices (@Androvinus already wrote about it here, so I'm not going into details).
    • Way too many typos and quirky phrasings (even after rereading them I still don't understand some sentences).
    • A few bugs

It's good to see a decent visual novel which focuses on lesbian (and even rarer: lesbian incest) content for once - I'm overall liking this so far.
  13. 4.00 star(s)

oysterkeeper

This game is pretty enjoyable. I appreciate fem protagonist games that allow you to kind of craft what type of personality your mc will have. There currently seems to be quite a few options right now in that regard as well as quite a few hot LI's. This game certainly looks like it will warrant multiple playthroughs and I am intrigued to see where this one will go.

I must recommend the dev to get a spellchecker because there are countless errors that currently detract from my enjoyment from reading the story. Besides that, I think this one has good potential and I look forward to seeing more.
  14. 5.00 star(s)

Whitelemon

This is a very good game. I like the lesbian and lesdom content. I prefer the submissive way (when the protagonist have been dominate, and become more and more submissive). The pictures and caracters are beutiful also.
  15. 5.00 star(s)

kutya1313

The protagonist is a cute, and clever girl, and you can choose a submissive attitude, it is important for me. Lesbian, and lezdom content is my favourite thing, and this game consist a lot of these. Also positive for me, the piercinged and tattooed characters, I hope in the future there will be chanse to the protagoninst get tattooes and piercings (in the subbmissive way). So it is a very good game, with a lot of potential.
  16. 4.00 star(s)

Rorschachink

Most of this rating comes from the love for there to be game with female protage to focus on female relationships storywise, does not even have to be all lesbian content for me. Although I would greatly enjoy lots of lesbian content because we don't have as much of that in the lewd gaming genre. I want story for girls about girls damn it! Whether it be enjoying gangbangs with your slut friends or Vivian ends up femdom supreme with harem of only ladies I am happy.

But there is a lot of technical problems, spelling, and it was not clear how my choices matter. But its early in development, so lots of things can change. But I will never forgive if you abandon this project, I am already love so much where this is going!

If there was one thing I would say you need to fix right is that I often found when I try to load a save it would load in but with an empty dialog box and I could not go forward. So I had to restart every time I wanted to explore a new choice.

Keep Fighting the Good Fight!

Edit as of 0.3. I love so much where this going. I can't wait for the next installment.
  17. 5.00 star(s)

drn66

Not the best engine, but the content so far is extremely promising. Well worth your support. Good quality designs and with a slightly unique artstyle. The name isn't the best, it could probably do with something a bit more welcoming and catchy. A couple minor grammatical mistakes, and I do just mean a couple.

The pros far outweigh the small cons, and i'd give it a very high recommendation due to the quality of what is there, and how promising it is. For a 0.1/0.2, it's superb. Will revise my review as necessary .
  18. 5.00 star(s)

Romenjack

Could use a spell checker, and the engine is a little jankey and wished it was on Ren'py but for a first time game dev and a 0.2 there is a lot of content. A good foundation for a lot more, so long as the dev continues at that pace and doesn't get burned out.

Update:
    So I have raised my rating to a five star. The two biggest complainants I had with this game was the spelling and the engine. Both things the Dev actually fixed, switching to Ren'py which was not only nice but rather surprising.