VN Ren'Py Dog Days of Summer [Rework v0.2.1b] [BlackWeb Games]

4.30 star(s) 38 Votes

TamaMountain

Oct 5, 2018
I definitely think this is one of those games that benefit from multiple play throughs, as there are so many routes you'll never pick up more than a fraction on any play through
Yeap I get what you mean. I mean the developer even cited GGGB as one of its influences, at least from the OP.

So yes like GGGB it has so many branching paths with very different content. Started a sub route and got a very different club sex scene (the threesome with vivian, des and rebecca) so there's that.

RC-1138 Boss

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2017
I definitely think this is one of those games that benefit from multiple play throughs, as there are so many routes you'll never pick up more than a fraction on any play through
Yes it does. There are a lot of possible routes in the game already.

Innocience

Mar 25, 2020
Dunno if it's of interest to anyone but I've invested a bit of my time into creating flow chart for myself to keep up with the game logic in the 0.48 compressed test build by going through the script itself and tracking all the variables.

It's missing the final branches, is ugly, large (~1.4Mb), has probably some errors and has no information about specific scenes (some may be deduced by the choice of variable names) but I think I'll share it before the effort goes to waste.
Please don't be fooled though - the amount of alternative dialog based on decisions is astounding and not reflected in this chart.

P.S.: Just wanna say great game BlackWebGames and compliments for taming that beast of a story tree. There were a few things related to the game logic I've noticed in the script files. Might be a little late for feedback though with the new version on the horizon but could PM (if that's even possible on f95, dunno) you the findings if you'd like.
Anyhow: Best of luck for the future. View attachment path.webp

TamaMountain

Oct 5, 2018
Dunno if it's of interest to anyone but I've invested a bit of my time into creating flow chart for myself to keep up with the game logic in the 0.48 compressed test build by going through the script itself and tracking all the variables.

It's missing the final branches, is ugly, large (~1.4Mb), has probably some errors and has no information about specific scenes (some may be deduced by the choice of variable names) but I think I'll share it before the effort goes to waste.
Please don't be fooled though - the amount of alternative dialog based on decisions is astounding and not reflected in this chart.

P.S.: Just wanna say great game BlackWebGames and compliments for taming that beast of a story tree. There were a few things related to the game logic I've noticed in the script files. Might be a little late for feedback though with the new version on the horizon but could PM (if that's even possible on f95, dunno) you the findings if you'd like.
Anyhow: Best of luck for the future. View attachment 1077214
hey man thanks for sharing your flowchart with us! :giggle:

nazthelass

Mar 8, 2021

o this is amazing, tnx a lot

Reactions: blastwave2k

Sorrow85

Engaged Member
Feb 17, 2020

God damn.
This will be my homework for this week :geek:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

But when I found point then I get it how this works... I hope so.

Reactions: lockerxx

neennah

Feb 2, 2020

Thanks for sharing, that chart is scary complicated

Reactions: blastwave2k

BlackWebGames

Dog Days of Summer developer
Game Developer
Jan 11, 2020
I am always open to feedback. Even if I can't change it if I like the idea it will be something to implement later or in future games.

Reactions: Alley_Cat

RC-1138 Boss

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2017
P.S.: Just wanna say great game @BlackWebGames and compliments for taming that beast of a story tree. There were a few things related to the game logic I've noticed in the script files. Might be a little late for feedback though with the new version on the horizon but could PM (if that's even possible on f95, dunno) you the findings if you'd like.
Anyhow: Best of luck for the future. View attachment path.webp
Damn that is one big choices tree. :oops::oops:

By the way, i just checked and there is no lezdom in the tags list.:p

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
I honestly always thought Femdom meant that the woman was the dom in a sex scene regardless of the other person involved. :ROFLMAO:
I suppose it doesn't matter all that much to most people but the "purist" types have femdom as female dominating male, maledom as male dominating female, lezdom for women dominating women and in a show of complete ignorance I don't know the gay male version or if there is one.

Innocience

Mar 25, 2020
I am always open to feedback. Even if I can't change it if I like the idea it will be something to implement later or in future games.
Didn't find a PM or am unable as of yet so just gonna post this here if you don't mind:
  • sleepoverdes line 918, 953: "despartydesgo" instead of "partydesgo"
  • script line 894: "arecareful" instead of "artcareful", and unnecessary because already set to False when started
  • shoppingmom line 991: has katclue, shoppingdes line 1301 doesn't
  • clueshanna isn't a thing?
  • shoppingeva kathrine and rebeca (line 1551, 1580) positions swapped
  • shoppingdes line 1658: vivdresssluty set to false; never set before
  • momhomeparty line 618 "if momdrunksex == 1" followed by "if momdrunksex == 2" thus never triggered
  • partydesdrink line 409, 417, 426: conditionals instead of assignments e.g. "$ designore == True"
  • findrebeca label malinaapear: "$ intoxiation_points == 2", but > 2 possible
  • findrebeca line 2518: "Only if she that's"
  • partydancefloor line 219: "jump partydesdrinkshanna", label doesn't exist (yet)
  • katgame endwin: most endings check for "katcard == False", but katcard is never set to True in these blocks (could be intentional, haven't checked dialog)
  • deslivedorm line: 676 "glasses = Flase"
  • evalivemorning line 1046: "glasses = Flase"
  • descollege line 1883: "$ dessex == True"
Hope this helps. Best of luck!

Reactions: Adalace

BlackWebGames

Game Developer
Jan 11, 2020
Didn't find a PM or am unable as of yet so just gonna post this here if you don't mind:
Thank you. I'll go through these each:
  • sleepoverdes line 918, 953: "despartydesgo" instead of "partydesgo" - Thank you, for some reason I have always had problems with putting == in the wrong places. I thought I had gotten all of them but I guess not.
  • script line 894: "arecareful" instead of "artcareful", and unnecessary because already set to False when started -fixed
  • shoppingmom line 991: has katclue, shoppingdes line 1301 doesn't -because it is impossible to be shopping with des on this route and have met Kathrine. It is present in shoppingalt however.
  • clueshanna isn't a thing? - are you saying it doesn't trigger when asking about shanna?
  • shoppingeva kathrine and rebeca (line 1551, 1580) positions swapped - don't think that's a problem.
  • shoppingdes line 1658: vivdresssluty set to false; never set before - I tend to add variables as redundancies incase I forget to set them earlier or just want to make double sure that it is set right without having to go search through the code.
  • momhomeparty line 618 "if momdrunksex == 1" followed by "if momdrunksex == 2" thus never triggered - I don't think this is a problem. because momdrunksex == 2 is after the else statement so it only checks that if momdrunksex == 1 is false
  • partydesdrink line 409, 417, 426: conditionals instead of assignments e.g. "$ designore == True" -again thank you. Hate that this is a problem, also pretty sure that fixed a bug I have been hunting for a while now.
  • findrebeca label malinaapear: "$ intoxiation_points == 2", but > 2 possible - fixed, thank you.
  • findrebeca line 2518: "Only if she that's" - fixed, thank you.
  • partydancefloor line 219: "jump partydesdrinkshanna", label doesn't exist (yet) - Think it was something that was suppose to exist and I forgot so now its just a slight alt of partydesdrink
  • katgame endwin: most endings check for "katcard == False", but katcard is never set to True in these blocks (could be intentional, haven't checked dialog) - if you meet kathrine at the club with des she gave you the card. that is just my way of checking to see if you had met her before.
  • deslivedorm line: 676 "glasses = Flase" - not sure I see the problem. I am using the same variable as I did earlier in the game when determining if Vivian was wearing glasses or not so I am setting it with each choice just to override any older choice.
  • evalivemorning line 1046: "glasses = Flase" - same
  • descollege line 1883: "$ dessex == True" -God damn it.

So yes. Thank you. Also with all those fixes I'll have to put a note in the next build to probably start a new game.

Innocience

Mar 25, 2020
  • shoppingmom line 991: has katclue, shoppingdes line 1301 doesn't -because it is impossible to be shopping with des on this route and have met Kathrine. It is present in shoppingalt however.
    • Makes sense. Looked odd from only going through the code with both paths being copy paste but missing the katclue set.
  • clueshanna isn't a thing? - are you saying it doesn't trigger when asking about shanna?
    • You have a clue variable for every character but not for Shanna. I was doubtful if this was an oversight or intended.
  • shoppingeva kathrine and rebeca (line 1551, 1580) positions swapped - don't think that's a problem.
    • Yeah it's no problem. Just noticed that how every Tara dialog has the same order of options but this one.
  • momhomeparty line 618 "if momdrunksex == 1" followed by "if momdrunksex == 2" thus never triggered - I don't think this is a problem. because momdrunksex == 2 is after the else statement so it only checks that if momdrunksex == 1 is false
    • Yeah you're right. My bad.
  • katgame endwin: most endings check for "katcard == False", but katcard is never set to True in these blocks (could be intentional, haven't checked dialog) - if you meet kathrine at the club with des she gave you the card. that is just my way of checking to see if you had met her before.
    • All of these katwin mention Kathrine giving you the card but you never set katcard to true. Whereas in the katlose path katcard is set. Just wanted to check if that's intentional. I suppose it is.
  • deslivedorm line: 676 "glasses = Flase" - not sure I see the problem. I am using the same variable as I did earlier in the game when determining if Vivian was wearing glasses or not so I am setting it with each choice just to override any older choice.
    • You misspelled "False" in both in 0.4.8. Probably already fixed it for the next release.

BlackWebGames

Game Developer
Jan 11, 2020
    • You misspelled "False" in both in 0.4.8. Probably already fixed it for the next release.
see and that's why that bug keeps showing up because until you pointed it out I couldn't see it. Thankfully that is one that I have already found and fixed.

4.30 star(s) 38 Votes