VN Ren'Py Domino Beach [Ep.1] [Mr Jet]

4.70 star(s) 44 Votes

DefiantX8

Apr 15, 2023
Why are developers so dead set on including animations in their VN's even when they're not good at making them? Is it just so they can tag it "animated"? I'd like a lot of VN's better if they didn't include any of the shitty animations and instead focused more on quality renders for the sex scenes. Only VN's I can think of that have good animations are The Seven Realms (best animations by far), University of Problems, Summertime Saga, Confined with Goddesses, Jessica O'Neil's Hard News (less so), and Stars of Salvation (sadly abandoned).

Bolero

Jan 20, 2018
Why are developers so dead set on including animations in their VN's even when they're not good at making them? Is it just so they can tag it "animated"? I'd like a lot of VN's better if they didn't include any of the shitty animations and instead focused more on quality renders for the sex scenes. Only VN's I can think of that have good animations are The Seven Realms (best animations by far), University of Problems, Summertime Saga, Confined with Goddesses, Jessica O'Neil's Hard News (less so), and Stars of Salvation (sadly abandoned).
This is what i think too. I played many games that have animations just so they can say they that they have them. And the animations are so simple with a couple of frames, like a dick moving left and right and repeat. SO the sex scenes in those games are like this, 2 people are together with their clothes on, next scene is they both being naked and then the boring animation of a dick going in and out of the pussy and repeat, and thats it. I always preferred when instead of a bad animation the game has many still renders, that show sex from beginning to the end, from different perspectives, and so on.
THere are also games that have high quality animations, Amnesia is a game that comes to mind when i think about the good ones. Those quality animations are very much welcomed, and can make the game better, but if a dev has no experience or talent to make them i would suggest them to stick to the still renders.
But then again there are people here who prefer the game to have animations, no matter how bad they are.

MiltonPowers

Twins Basil! Twins!
Donor
Jul 26, 2023
This is what i think too. I played many games that have animations just so they can say they that they have them. And the animations are so simple with a couple of frames, like a dick moving left and right and repeat. SO the sex scenes in those games are like this, 2 people are together with their clothes on, next scene is they both being naked and then the boring animation of a dick going in and out of the pussy and repeat, and thats it. I always preferred when instead of a bad animation the game has many still renders, that show sex from beginning to the end, from different perspectives, and so on.
THere are also games that have high quality animations, Amnesia is a game that comes to mind when i think about the good ones. Those quality animations are very much welcomed, and can make the game better, but if a dev has no experience or talent to make them i would suggest them to stick to the still renders.
But then again there are people here who prefer the game to have animations, no matter how bad they are.
It doesn't bother me if there is no animations, but I have seen so many people ask about animations if there's no tag, with the intent of not playing at all if it doesn't. So I guess, getting a couple of animations in and getting that tag, will increase their potential patrons.

hampsure

Dec 4, 2021
Why are developers so dead set on including animations in their VN's even when they're not good at making them? Is it just so they can tag it "animated"? I'd like a lot of VN's better if they didn't include any of the shitty animations and instead focused more on quality renders for the sex scenes.
Agreed with the sentiment in general as I tend to prefer a sequence of quality renders + quality writing of the scenes over dependence on animation. That said, for me the best experience tends to be when game can use good animations in tandem with the renders and writing to compliment each other rather than using the animations as a replacement for good static renders and writing. Everyone has their own standards for animations and if done well enough they can definitely add to scenes (though it's not a necessity for an AVN to have any for me to play/enjoy). I really only take issue when the animations are so bad that they detract from the experience or if they're used in scenes almost completely in place of static renders and proper writing.

Radnos Salazar

Dec 4, 2023
Car010.jpg

Hey everyone!

Time for another update on Domino Beach! I've got some news to share about the progress on our second episode.

I'm wrapping up work on that massive scene with the Rebels. I think it might be the biggest scene I've ever created! It's already over 400 renders and I'm expecting at least another 100 to go. To be honest, working on such extended scenes can be a bit exhausting, but I'm hoping it'll be worth it in the end.

The past couple of weeks haven't been as speedy as I'd like in terms of progress. But hey, that's how it goes sometimes, right? I'm aiming to pick up the pace a bit now. The good news is that we're about halfway through all the planned renders for this episode - 746 done so far! That feels pretty good.

I've got this ambitious goal of finishing the second episode before the end of this year. It's going to take a lot of hard work and dedication, but I'm up for the challenge. Fingers crossed I can make it happen!

As always, thanks for your ongoing support and patience. You guys are the best! I'll keep you posted on how things are going.

Take care, and catch you in the next update!

MrJet

4.70 star(s) 44 Votes