HTML Abandoned Doom of Sindel [v13] [Voidheart]

4.70 star(s) 3 Votes

Guy Media

GuyŌkami
Game Developer
Feb 24, 2021
Hello.

I was waiting for someone else to reply to prevent me from double posting but it seems nobody wants. So I'll share my thoughts on the new content.

The change in the combat system is well done. It's more balanced. The battles are challenging now.
Durst Manor is now very small. Hoping it'll be possible to expand the house in the future. Only 2 gardens plots for now. Will it be enough later? The seeds' choice seems a little strange for a medieval setting. The lake could offer some bathing activities in addition to fishing. Our only option is selling our production directly. It could be interesting to sell to NPC in need of the ingredients (like the farmer or the potion maker among others). Using them in the kitchen seems planned.
Two different boosts at the church. I don't know what will be more useful later on. There's no difference between meditation and boxing since the dialogs are identical and there's no image.
The tavern doesn't feel like one yet (since there's just the games and the brothel). The roulette is easy to understand but the black jack is confusing (yeah, I don't know to play it so "stand" or "draw" isn't helpful...).
The brothel system is too similar to Sinclair's Bar (same mechanism, same models, many gifs and images identitical) : meaning why should I play Sinclair's Bar if I have the same here plus a whole universe to explore?
We've been able to free the 3 brothers but not the father nor the servants (cook, maids, butler...). It's a little sad. Plus they are just slaves now (and I'm not a fan of it but, since the MC is a good guy, I'll manage).

To unlock the rest of the locations, we need to explore and encounter Hamilton, the watchman.
There's nothing to do in the jail yet (just some cuffs and bounties).
The variety of potions seems correct though not very effective.
The caravan's dungeon was amusing. We learn many things, help people and chase away cultists. Though, it's useless once completed. There should be warning when we enter because, if we're just thinking about exploring without restoring, it's deadly (the cultists are difficult to deal...).
The world map was as well drawn as the Durst Manor one.
The dream (or not) was strange (so now the MC is a mere puppet?).

The worldbuiding continue with interesting locations. Remain the storyline to pursue through new quest.

The image of the garden's plots is dead whatever stage we're at (cf files). The plot itself was still present in version 0.11A though. I've done some experiments with all the seeds and with one or 2 plots used which explains the number of screenshot (even some from version 0.11A since the problem is still there).

Good continuation.
To expand a little bit more on the question “Why should I play Sinclair’s Bar?” from my previous response, the decision was made to leave it as a stand-alone product for now because not everyone may want to play Doom of Sindel to access the brothel. Some people may want a more fleshed out brothel sim.

Sinclair’s is my pet project and you may see another verision some day, but right now the overall focus of FullHeart is other places. So it may get the occasional update and bug fix, but it’s not a part of our regular release schedule. Hope that helps clear things up.

GuyOkami - FullHeart Games Team.

Reactions: Oliz82

Deleted member 2666402

Game Developer
Jul 30, 2020
Hi Oliz82.

Thank you for the feedback. I'm glad you enjoy the combat system. I thought I would address the points made here.

The manor will be expanded to match what it was in the intro over time. You hit the nail on the head with the lake and kitchen. We had planned interactions at the lake, but they were cut in this update so we could have regular releases, they will be coming in the future. You were also right about the kitchen. More uses for the garden are also planned.

Meditation and Boxing are going to be part of the system to restore sanity, but as stated in the "before we start" page insanity is not implemented. These are mainly just placeholders for future content at the moment. Insanity will be implemented in the next update and this will be fleshed out. Hopefully, that will be out in a week or so. *knocks on wood*

Potions may not be as "needed'' in the early game, but once you make it out of the starter area of Tser they will become more useful. Bosses will become harder and you can either grind levels or use a temporary boost. We can look at giving them a little extra punch in the future to make them more effective.

The sheriff's office will be used for bounties and adding to the bar which is not implemented.

The warning for the caravan would be the interaction with hamilton, we can certainly try to make it a bit more obvious. We plan to edit that writing a bit next update.

To clarify, Sinclair's Bar is not being supported. In the future, Sinclair's may be rewritten and relaunched, but If you check out the discord, a decision was made to merge the games and focus on Doom of Sindel. So as for the games being similar, yes. We won't deny that. That was the intent to provide more content.

The brothers definitely are not slaves. They volunteered to work there and will appear in other places in the world. Perhaps when more scenes are added this will help make their status more apparent.

The location of every dungeon isn't always going to unlock a meaningful thing mechanics-wise, some are just dungeons to add lore to the game and move the story forward. I will say Madam Eva's Caravan will become a place to go for lore as the world expands in the future. The caravan was more about freeing the town as a whole. The next update will also add in a celebration which should hopefully help with the lore and make it feel a bit more meanigful.

As stated in the changelog, this series of patches is about fleshing out Tser, it is not a finished product. I hope you guys will stick around as it is finished over time. We definitely appreciate you playing and your feedback.

On a more general note to everyone, I will say updates may be a bit smaller in the next few months as the FullHeart team is moving across our country of residence. It's a massive life change and it's occupying a significant portion of our time right now, so please be patient as we do this. We will do our best to keep a content stream coming, but since this is a hobby and a free product moving will come first. Once the move is done we hope we can put out more content than before.

Thanks.

GuyOkami - The FullHeart Team
Even your notes / interactions to players are professional!!! Seriously, who are you? There is no way there are only 2 people on your team! How many unpaid interns do you have chained up in home?

Unruly

Oliz82

Mar 15, 2021
Hello.

Thanks a lot for the explainations. It will be useful to other players coming by to read this thread.

To expand a little bit more on the question “Why should I play Sinclair’s Bar?” from my previous response, the decision was made to leave it as a stand-alone product for now because not everyone may want to play Doom of Sindel to access the brothel. Some people may want a more fleshed out brothel sim.

Sinclair’s is my pet project and you may see another verision some day, but right now the overall focus of FullHeart is other places. So it may get the occasional update and bug fix, but it’s not a part of our regular release schedule. Hope that helps clear things up.

GuyOkami - FullHeart Games Team.
Ok. I understand now why you decided to keep the same mecanisms. And it's a good thing that Sinclair's Bar will continue to exist. Colby, Jake and John are interesting characters, different from the brothers here.

Good continuation, good move and take care.

Reactions: Guy Media

Guy Media

GuyŌkami
Game Developer
Feb 24, 2021
I
Even your notes / interactions to players are professional!!! Seriously, who are you? There is no way there are only 2 people on your team! How many unpaid interns do you have chained up in home?

Unruly
I keep asking GuyKitsune to let me bring more home, but he won’t. He’s worried you’re on to us.

-GuyOkami.

Guy Media

GuyŌkami
Game Developer
Feb 24, 2021
Hello.

Thanks a lot for the explanations. It will be useful to other players coming by to read this thread.

Ok. I understand now why you decided to keep the same mechanisms. And it's a good thing that Sinclair's Bar will continue to exist. Colby, Jake and John are interesting characters, different from the brothers here.

Good continuation, good move and take care.
Definitely. Sometimes it’s hard to communicate choices that happen outside of the game when you’re on multiple platforms and each one has it’s own format and set of rules.

We use the Homotextual Gaming Guild Discord to communicate most often. We try to recommend it for that reason. A lot of M/M Devs are there, however, we want to work on getting better about responding to platforms.

Edit: Until HG2 is a welcoming place for everyone in the LGBTQ community we no longer support this platform. We will communicate game information on F95.

Last edited:

Guy Media

GuyŌkami
Game Developer
Feb 24, 2021
Sorry for the delay in releasing. I know I mentioned an update is coming soon. There is only a small bit of writing left. One of the first major characters will be introduced next update and I want to be sure their writing is where it needs to be before release. Due to traveling, and a bit of writer’s block with this character it took some time. The good news is I’m starting to get ideas to finish up again, so it should be out soon.

Reactions: Oliz82 and askqer

Oliz82

Mar 15, 2021
Hello.

This is a good update considering the moving.

The new intro makes the immersion better.

The choice between Ben and Hamilton is only about appearance for now but will it affect the story too? After the dream with Sindel, there's a party celebrating the victory upon the cultists for Ben but nothing for Hamilton. Plus, when we have to make the choice, Hamilton is described as "the man in the hat" but he doesn't even have a hat.

I haven't been able to lead to anything other than Tser burning so I'll have to continue searching for other paths.

My sanity never decreased so I can't talk about this system but I'll continue searching for it too.

I didn't have a chance to try the cooking system since I'm being annoyed with the farming plots : waiting 10 minutes for one crop to grow ; knowing we need 20 at least is already difficult but even staying in the garden for 10 minutes, it never let me harvest (I could havest once but I've gone to the church, to the tavern, visiting Barovia, to the jail, to the caravans and training Briar and Bramble to the max after planting the first free tomato so I can't really take this one into consideration). So it'll take me some time to be able to try it. The keep crop system is a good find. Will this option be added to the lake too?
The harvesting of the bees is unlimited once it becomes available. The lake works fine. You've removed the option to spend some time with Bud. Is it temporary or definitive? You've moved the boxing and meditation systems to the gardens but since it concerns father Blake, it should have stayed at the church (there are always other buildings belonging to the church where they could have other activities).

I only encountered a trap into the caravans.

Thanks for including an explaination for blackjack.

Does being dominant or submissive affect the story or only the sex scenes?

I have found broken images (cf files). There's also a wrong naming in the brothel from your other game Sinclair's Bar (cf files).
The bees aren't displayed (cf files). And the crops aren't shown when they are growing (cf files).

Briar appears when you train Bramble (cf files).

I also encountered an error while training Briar (cf files). For precision, I played the online version from tfgames.site.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Good continuation.

Deleted member 2666402

Game Developer
Jul 30, 2020
I love how this game has grown and improved over time. You guys are extremely responsive to your players. I really love your design choices and I look forward to seeing this game continue grow AND to all your future projects.

Unruly

Guy Media

GuyŌkami
Game Developer
Feb 24, 2021
Hello.

This is a good update considering the moving.

The new intro makes the immersion better.

The choice between Ben and Hamilton is only about appearance for now but will it affect the story too? After the dream with Sindel, there's a party celebrating the victory upon the cultists for Ben but nothing for Hamilton. Plus, when we have to make the choice, Hamilton is described as "the man in the hat" but he doesn't even have a hat.

I haven't been able to lead to anything other than Tser burning so I'll have to continue searching for other paths.

My sanity never decreased so I can't talk about this system but I'll continue searching for it too.

I didn't have a chance to try the cooking system since I'm being annoyed with the farming plots : waiting 10 minutes for one crop to grow ; knowing we need 20 at least is already difficult but even staying in the garden for 10 minutes, it never let me harvest (I could havest once but I've gone to the church, to the tavern, visiting Barovia, to the jail, to the caravans and training Briar and Bramble to the max after planting the first free tomato so I can't really take this one into consideration). So it'll take me some time to be able to try it. The keep crop system is a good find. Will this option be added to the lake too?
The harvesting of the bees is unlimited once it becomes available. The lake works fine. You've removed the option to spend some time with Bud. Is it temporary or definitive? You've moved the boxing and meditation systems to the gardens but since it concerns father Blake, it should have stayed at the church (there are always other buildings belonging to the church where they could have other activities).

I only encountered a trap into the caravans.

Thanks for including an explaination for blackjack.

Does being dominant or submissive affect the story or only the sex scenes?

I have found broken images (cf files). There's also a wrong naming in the brothel from your other game Sinclair's Bar (cf files).
The bees aren't displayed (cf files). And the crops aren't shown when they are growing (cf files).

Briar appears when you train Bramble (cf files).

I also encountered an error while training Briar (cf files). For precision, I played the online version from tfgames.site.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Good continuation.
Hi Oliz.

It’s good to see you. I enjoy your reviews. They always have constructive feedback.

We’ll get on the images, an issue with the website trying to load cached verisions of the game is preventing new images from working on the online version. Sadly, this time it’s an issue with our host. Some of these have been fixed, but it seems like our host has stopped clearing out cached versions as often.

The choice between the two definitely will change the story. I’ll be updating the guide on our website soon and talk about that more. Ben will be more of a morally gray path with Blake and Hamilton being more of the “good” path. We also plan a more “bad” path too. Rescuing Hamilton is set up for a path where Blake founds a holy order as he’s the one that sent for Blake. The guide should also help with finding the ways to save Tser. We may also make it a little easier to find in a hotfix.

Bud might have conversation options added down the road. We don’t really want to use characters in a way that doesn’t have a ton of replay-ability or meaning unless they are super minor. I felt like the “spend time” option was hallow in that regard.

I don’t really see boxing belonging to the father, in the future it may feature a cast of characters. It was moved to help fill things out a bit more, but also because we have future plans for the church. If you chose the route where Father Blake founds a holy order then the location will feature prominently.

I hear the feedback on the garden, I think part of the frustration is we’re building a “base” for a wider game that isn’t really there yet. Longer timers make sense for a longer game, but we’re not there yet. We can definitely talk about turning them down and pumping them back up slightly as content is added. Unfortunately, we didn’t get a lot of testing in on this update due to a hiccup with our website. It launched a little earlier than what was scheduled. We may definitely hotfix this in a small update.

Right now, Dom vs Sub only affects the sex, however I do plan to work some story choices in.

A similar option may be added to the lake soon. I think we’ve spent a few patch cycles working on mechanics and a base for the game and a little bit less so on the story content. So the next update is gonna show the story some love and expand on the game itself as opposed to more mechanical systems like the lake.

I hope that helps answer everything. If I missed something, or you have more feedback please let us know. We always enjoy feedback that helps us improve and we’re super glad you come back each update.

Big thanks to everyone for your patience on this update. The fullheart team is still dealing with moving, broken bones, and the holidays, so our passion projects take a little more time.

Last edited:
  • Red Heart

Guy Media

GuyŌkami
Game Developer
Feb 24, 2021
The guide should be up on our website soon. I’m hesitant to post a date on F95. Last time I said I would put an update out in a week then I broke a bone, had two tornados, a snow storm, and unexpected holiday visitors. It’s a priority though and I promise we’ll get to it. Short of the sky falling. *Nervous Laughter*

-GuyOkami

Last edited:

Guy Media

GuyŌkami
Game Developer
Feb 24, 2021
A guide is up on our website. You may find our website on the initial posting of the game, or in my signature. Go to the top right, click guides, and then click the Mistfall Universe.

The issue with our website and online play is resolved. It was caching the old version of the game to improve performance but not correctly displaying new content such as photos, or some of the options in Madam Eva's Caravan after the update. Our apologies, we have worked this out with the third party who hosts our site and it is refreshing as intended once more.

-GuyOkami

Guy Media

GuyŌkami
Game Developer
Feb 24, 2021
Howdy,

I wanted to post a quick update. A “relaunch” of Doom of Sindel with overhauled writing is being worked on. In the meantime be on the lookout for our next game release “Night of the Frost Prince”

We have been using a third party discord for our news updates and full dev logs, however we will be migrating them to our website alongside guides. Our website will be the best place to find anything regarding our games moving forward. You may find our site linked in the original thread if you want to view these.

Thanks.

Guy Media

GuyŌkami
Game Developer
Feb 24, 2021
A small hotfix will be coming this week. It will contain no new content but will remove several passages which feature a fellow author who is not with our team. It's come to our attention they engaged in defending discriminatnatroy behavior and we no longer wish to support or drive traffic to their media. We apologize for removing content, but we feel strongly that it's the right thing to do and we will replace the passages.

Rafster

Bear chaser
Game Developer
Mar 23, 2019
What...man, I was wondering why I didn't see you around HG2 for so many months... I'm always out of the loop with everything. Anyway. I'll keep checking out on your game, guy!

Guy Media

GuyŌkami
Game Developer
Feb 24, 2021
Hello. Long time no see. I wanted to provide an update on the status of this project. As you may have guessed, this project is officially abandoned.

Why?

My Co-author wasn't finding joy in writing and chose to quit. This is a hobby and I wish them all the best. I have the utmost respect for that choice. I tried to continue without them, but two things have made me uncomfortable moving forward:

1.) I no longer feel comfortable using GIFs.

2.) My friend and mentor in the LGBTQ NSFW games space was doxxed. I think it has become clear that privacy can no longer be protected on the internet and I can't continue to work on this as a hobby if it puts my livelihood in jeopardy. Not only that but without my co-author and my friend, the resources needed to continue are just not there. I have no one to bounce ideas for code or story off of.

Thank you for your support, and my apologies if there is someone disappointed. I'm disappointed as well. I have spent time practicing writing and I have been reading so many authors. I feel that I have so many stories left to tell and they could be so much better, but at the end of the day, I can't justify risking my job for a non-paying hobby. Perhaps someday I will have the opportunity to come back and tell those stories, but for now, I have to close this chapter.

Oliz82

Mar 15, 2021
Hello.

I won't lie but I'm really sad because I became very attached to the universe created for this game.

From the last few messages, it was clear that you guys wanted to move on.

If one day you want to come back, I'll be glad to continue the litlle help I was trying to give. In the meantime, take care.

Good continuation.

Rafster

Bear chaser
Game Developer
Mar 23, 2019
It's always sad news to read about any gay game to cease development, but first comes your well being, and if your friend does not feel comfortable writing, it's the right choice to drop off the development.

Take care man, you and your friend.

nackedsnake

Engaged Member
Jan 29, 2019
TBH, it's not all bad. Game development is hard, let alone porno. Think of it as experience of growth, And things could always change. :D

But the Doxing Shit is really bad for all devs, no one can work in an environment where they don't feel safe and comfortable. It should really be looked at.

4.70 star(s) 3 Votes