• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.
Apr 4, 2020
I have no idea on how to use the cheats/the extra bonus scenes you can download. any info is appreciated. When I type in the chapter cheats, nothing happens.

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
I have no idea on how to use the cheats/the extra bonus scenes you can download. any info is appreciated. When I type in the chapter cheats, nothing happens.
after typing cheat to right place you start new game and then cheat starts working. bonus scenes are just images to watch.

bobdillan

Forum Fanatic
Nov 18, 2016
If I sign up for patreon are there official offline versions? Because online ones are hella slow. Seriously what's up with that? It takes more time to load scenes than it does to play through them. And don't blame my PC. My system is capable enough to render 4K video while I am doing something else without hiccups.
I wouldn't blame your pc, sounds like it is an internet issue. or possibly browser. I myself played on firefox fine. was slower than offline but not too slow. and this is with 40-50megabit internet.

Apr 4, 2020
after typing cheat to right place you start new game and then cheat starts working. bonus scenes are just images to watch.
Still cant get it to work. I finished episode 14, and try to use the the episode 15 cheat, and then press new game. just starts up episode 14 again.

KingWeWuz

Mar 8, 2019
This game is a relatively serious take in political commentary on the fake news media.

Tabloids harass the main character repeatedly, to the point of stalking journalists and photographers want nothing more than to destroy his life. To top it off, their sensationalist headlines are not so different from our own.

It's commentary about the rich, such as Dennis, being wicked schemers indeed demonstrates a powerful income inequality message. Don't think I didn't notice the MS13 commentary about drug smuggling on the yacht.

Reactions: 10xRecoil

RobbDiggity

Jun 4, 2020
Well, its been 4 months withous free offline versions. The game already in 18 episode and we stuck with 12. I know this involve a lot off trouble to make off-line versions, and Palmer has to focus on his patreons to launch free versions of the game,
but the anxiety for a new offline chapter is killing me!!!
damnit, I really need to learn how to control my anxiety :giggle::giggle:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

This is the link to the "offline" versions. I use quotes because these versions still download the assets (sounds/images) in the background. The only one that was truly offline was the "unofficial" Episode 16 Offline that 1nikolas created. There might be some more unofficial truly offline versions coming soon though.

Reactions: GermanioBR

RobbDiggity

Jun 4, 2020
Unofficial offline versions of Episodes 1 - 17:

Credit for this mainly goes to 1nikolas for posting the offline framework that made it easier (after some trial and error of clicking too fast and missing the sound effects).

I will repost the original release notes as they are applicable here as well.

If a cheat code has been posted in this thread, then look for it in the title bar while running in windowed mode (like in the image below).

2020-09-05 21_10_48-Double Homework - Episode 8 - Cheat_ ep8cheats.png

Edits:
9/21/2020 - Added Episode 18
9/24/2020 - Removed Episode 18 to debug why some are getting stuck on "Downloading Assets"

Last edited:

solidsgold

Aug 14, 2017
I have redownloaded a few times now and when i launch the game i just get a black screen. Does anybody have a fix?

ShiroOkami2

Mar 14, 2020
Game looks good but then again offline version...I just cant get it to work, and without a paid vpn can't play online version, cause of my local (online vs nothing to do with game itself, just politics)

Zephrah

Jul 26, 2018
Game looks good but then again offline version...I just cant get it to work, and without a paid vpn can't play online version, cause of my local (online vs nothing to do with game itself, just politics)
Use Betternet VPN. It's free and works great for me.

Reactions: ShiroOkami2

GermanioBR

Dec 3, 2018

This is the link to the "offline" versions. I use quotes because these versions still download the assets (sounds/images) in the background. The only one that was truly offline was the "unofficial" Episode 16 Offline that 1nikolas created. There might be some more unofficial truly offline versions coming soon though.
Y're a life savior!
Thanks a lot!

3.30 star(s) 90 Votes