KingWeWuz

Mar 8, 2019
I just thought of something. How long were they on that ship Dennis kidnapped them on?

A week? So about 168 hours. Assuming there were 10 different parts of that ship with spy recordings...

That means Dennis was listening to 1680 hours worth of audio before finding that singular conversation he blackmailed the mc with. And he somehow managed to get it within a few days.

Reactions: thorin0815

Corambis

Jul 2, 2017
I couldn't have put it better.

I really don't want to attack the developers here, but not everyone is capable of writing coherent stories. Many already have problems with writing about their own experiences, with fictional characters I imagine it to be even far more difficult, because that requires a very strong capacity for empathy.
Yeah, I cannot overstate how much I respect the devs for their ability to just create a game like this in the first place. They've given us some really incredible looking women in this, and at least at the beginning they had really distinct and fleshed out personalities.

However, as a review recently pointed out, the women kind of start blurring together more and more as the game goes on. I think this was because the devs devoted more and more time to the entire Dennis and Mosely plots and just lost focus on the characterization of the women, because they had this big story they wanted to tell. Except I don't think it's going quite the way they wanted. A lot of players could care less about the story as long as they get some sex scenes. Or they don't really look into the story that much. Those players that do aren't really happy with the story, which might not be an issue in your standard erotic game, but I get the impression the devs thought they were doing something cool with the story. Instead they took what was a perfectly serviceable incest and harem story and turned it into an incomprehensible, unenjoyable, and overly dramatic plot that that actively hampers enjoyment for the discerning fans that were actually hoping for a well-written and executed erotic story.

Maybe they'll pull things together in the last few updates. I think they underestimated how fans would react to the ending of the last update. They've also painted themselves into a corner story-wise. I don't see how they resolve things without some elaborate or deus-ex-machina resolution that isn't really satisfying to anyone looking for more than just an erotic romp. I don't see Dennis getting the punishment he deserves, just because there is no punishment bad enough for him, and anything the MC could try to deal would alienate at least Johanna if her character is to be consistent with what we know about her. I also don't see the MC getting what he deserves at the end, because honestly he deserves nothing. He's an awful character and person, and doesn't deserve the affection of any of the women in this game, let alone a happy ending with any of them. The best thing the MC could do is grab Dennis and drag him down into the pits of Mordor with him and finish them both off at the same time, freeing the women from the machinations of both.

Last edited:

thorin0815

Apr 16, 2020
The best thing the MC could do is grab Dennis and drag him down into the pits of Mordor with him and finish them both off at the same time, freeing the women from the machinations of both.
Without the male characters, the game could actually be quite nice. I love all the girls in the game without an exception, that would be the first female protag game I wanted to play.

Netgear

Jul 25, 2018
I don't see Dennis getting the punishment he deserves, just because there is no punishment bad enough for him
Yeah, Dennis here is like a certain Eric we all know, there's really no punishment bad enough for this prick and like that same Eric, i would like to get rid of him before the last episode, i want to enjoy the last episode. :)

Corambis

Jul 2, 2017
Yeah, Dennis here is like a certain Eric we all know, there's really no punishment bad enough for this prick and like that same Eric, i would like to get rid of him before the last episode, i want to enjoy the last episode. :)
Yeah, Eric comes to mind a lot when thinking of this character. They're put into the game because the dev thought the game needed a male antagonist. They're not compelling at all, although at the same time in some ways they're better than the MC from their games. And in both cases I hate the character. Not at the level the devs want me to though. I hate the fact that they exist, and that they're in the game. They're not just getting in the MC's way. They're getting in the story's way and my enjoyment, because they're just there to kick the MC in the balls metaphorically and cause drama, and it's all time that could be better spent elsewhere. Not necessarily on sex, but on better developing the female characters and their stories. As I mentioned, the more the game has been taken over by Dennis and Mosely here at the end, the more the characterization of the female characters has suffered, especially "secondary" romantic interests, which is any girl other than Tamara or Jo.

micojive

Oct 2, 2017
Well..i'm up to episode 14 and I'm not sure if I can continue. I'm so damn sick of Dennis idk if its worth keeping it up until the game is finished to know how they deal with him.

Uncle Loco

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Apr 28, 2020
Well..i'm up to episode 14 and I'm not sure if I can continue. I'm so damn sick of Dennis idk if its worth keeping it up until the game is finished to know how they deal with him.
I tell myself the same thing every episode but here I am still playing it. Just wait it gets better and worse at the same time.

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
I just thought of something. How long were they on that ship Dennis kidnapped them on?

A week? So about 168 hours. Assuming there were 10 different parts of that ship with spy recordings...

That means Dennis was listening to 1680 hours worth of audio before finding that singular conversation he blackmailed the mc with. And he somehow managed to get it within a few days.
he had computer to analyze what was spoken.

Dantethedarkone

Oct 24, 2017
I JUST found this game. Played through all 18 chapters in about 5 days.

All I can say... I WANT TO STRANGLE THAT FOUR EYED LITTLE PENCIL NECK PRICK AND BURY HIM IN THE SNOW!

Been a LOOOOOOONG time since a game creator has made me "want" to murder the antagonist. Great job.

Reactions: a1fox3

Corambis

Jul 2, 2017
Anybody know anything about the next update?
New updates are supposed to be due on the 1st of the month. Last month's was delayed supposedly because of all the content, although I didn't really get the feel that there was so much to justify the delay.

Nothing has been released for this month yet, despite it being the 12th, and the devs haven't said a single word about the next update yet even with it being overdue.

Reactions: yctracon

a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Donor
Respected User
Aug 8, 2017

Hi everyone. We have some terrible news to share with you. There is no easy way to say this. After being unresponsive for several days, we have learned recently that Palmer has passed away suddenly. We are really sorry for this unexpected turn of events. This is extremely hard news…

Zed | Love-Joint

Love-Joint Team
Game Developer
Dec 18, 2018
Thank you for posting the announcement, I am going to post the full post here so everyone knows the information we put out there:

Palmer.png

Hi everyone. We have some terrible news to share with you. There is no easy way to say this. After being unresponsive for several days, we have learned recently that Palmer has passed away suddenly. We are really sorry for this unexpected turn of events.

This is extremely hard news for the team emotionally, but it also puts us in an extremely awkward position, because we must ask you, after reading this notice in its entirety, to immediately cancel your pledge to , and then request . We can’t even guarantee that Patreon will offer a refund, since they will evaluate it according to their own policies. Please do not ask anyone in the dev team for a refund – we have no control over that money. Nobody is controlling Palmer’s account currently, we can’t even access it to post this news. We have informed Patreon support of the situation, and shutdown of Palmer’s account is pending official legal notice.

We also ask, since we can’t yet put a statement on , that you spread the word and share this announcement which will be posted on .

The team has been in a state of shock, and I know a lot of you will be upset as much as we are. We have set up a channel on , “Remembering Palmer”, and AW will shortly post an obituary for Palmer which we hope you’ll read, and we hope you’ll share your memories of Palmer and what he and his games have meant to you.

ABOUT THE FUTURE
There’s a lot of uncertainty. But given how close we are to finishing DH, and how far it already is into development, it would be a waste not to finish the game. The team would like to finish Double Homework, and carry on working on projects that we already had planned, and to continue Palmer’s legacy. However, we have lost all our monthly funding. We have started a , where, if you choose to continue supporting us, you can do so. If we rebuild enough, we can finish the final chapter of DH and make the sort of game that Palmer would have been proud of, and carry on making games into the future.

Thank you for your belief in us and your love for our games. This is a difficult situation, and it will be hard for us to move on without Palmer.

-Love-Joint Team

FAQ
Q: What happened to Palmer?
A: We don’t know exactly. But it was sudden and unexpected. And he is gone.

Q: Why have you lost access to Palmer’s Patreon creator account?
A: For security reasons, only Palmer had access to it. Even if we did have access to it now, there are legal reasons why we can’t just take it over. According to Patreon support, Palmer’s page will be deleted once they confirm he’s gone.

Q: Who do I contact about a refund?
A: Please contact . Unfortunately we have no control whatsoever of Palmer’s creator account, so we cannot issue refunds ourselves. And we can’t guarantee that Patreon will refund you either.

Q: When is the final episode of Double Homework coming out?
A: We hope that we can have it out at some point in November 2020.

Q: What is the future of Love-Joint?
A: There’s a lot of uncertainty, but all the members of the team are willing to keep going if we secure enough funding.

Q: If last DH episode is finished, what will happen next?
A: The whole team is willing to continue, and we already have some ideas, but almost certainly, our plans have changed from what was stated by Palmer on his last announcement.

If you have any more questions or you would like to post a tribute to Palmer, please feel free to join our .

3.30 star(s) 90 Votes